A night with Mr. Arrogant

By tonguetiedbabe

(Tagalog)Just one night would change it all. Nina had a complete and perfect life-- Thats what she thought ... More

Preface
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 -- Fin
Epilogue
ANWMA-- About the story + Author's note and a possible sequel?

ANWMA -- Special Chapter (Wedding)

38K 530 79
By tonguetiedbabe

Italized words are blast from the past.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at my black ion plated round men's watch from Philippe Patek. My new watch. Seven fifty four.  I smiled at the gift. It was Nina's pre-wedding gift to me, but I frowned at the time.

Tapping my foot, I fidgeted and looked around. The sky, which had been blue and sunny all day, is clouding up. Don't rain, don't rain. At least not until after and we're all inside.

When I looked at this watch again, Some poked me from behind. "Igo, Settle down," he whispers.
It was Chris, my older brother, who came all the way from Barcelona,Spain to  San Agustin Church, Manila

I grabbed on my his arm and looked at my watch. I dropped it with a humph. "Is time slowing down?"

"No, My dear brother, it's not," Chris laughed. Gerard came over just then, misinterpreting my behavior for something else

"Nervous, Iñigo?" he asks quietly.

"Hmm? No, Ge, not nervous. Anxious. Overly excited." I glanced at the sky again, hopping lightly from one foot to the other.

"Oh, I know that feeling," Gerard said winking at me. "I didn't think you'd be nervous." He smiles at me and walks back to his place, to where Roselyn and their baby Rossard were

"It won't rain, Iñigo," Chris says reassuringly.

My father chuckled, watching me ,his son. My mother, seated beside him, leans over and says, "Igo looks very handsome."

"He looks like he's about to jump out of his skin," he laughs. "But yes, Saan pa sila mag ma-mana,dear?."

I saw my mother rolled her eyes but gradually smiled "I'm glad they went with charcoal. Black suits are so... somber," she says, noting the subtle stripe of the men's waistcoats and the Red cravats. "Red must be Nina's favorite color," she observes.

"Mmm," My father nodded. He turns and looks back towards the house, watching for any sign of movement.

Father Luis, the parish priest nods at Patrick, a young man sitting at a portable piano keyboard on a platform. He begins to play. Liebestraum by Liszt.

During the entourage, Meg appears the first in the line of bride's maid, lovely and sweet in her crimson gown. It is long and simple, with a velvet wrap in a shade darker around her shoulders for warmth in the weather's chill.

She is holding a bouquet of Rouge Baizer Red Rose and sprigs of Crimson, flanked with baby's breath and trailing ivy. She is wearing a simple amethyst pendant, a gift from Nina, and her hair is up.

I glanced at Patrick who seems to be transfixed, watching Meg's approach and I saw how she smiles warmly at him as she takes her place.

Next is Diane, in a gown of similar design to Meg's, but in a darker color of red, burgundy. It also has a matching velvet wrap. Normally beautiful, My older sister looks stunning; her fair skin complemented by the dress and her upswept dark hair a stark contrast to all the white.

She has a similar necklace to Meg's and is carrying an identical bouquet.

I saw Tyler stared as she passed by. For sure, He has never seen her wife looking more beautiful, and by the looks of it, he realizes that his jaw has dropped open when my sister caught his eye and winks at him.

The music changes. Träumerei by Robert Schumann.

"Please stand," the reverend commands, and everyone does, turning their heads to the back, waiting.

This is the longest walk ever. My heart is pounding. The wedding wasn't even this stressful.

I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this. Yet my feet were glued, tapping patiently on the ground as I wait for Nina to advance her step towards the aisle. Towards the front. No. Towards me

As Nina appears on her grandfather's arm, the sun pokes through the clouds as if God has heard  my prayer and has obliged by shining the sun warmly down upon the radiant bride.

I took us awhile to finally tie the knots. And the tangled web about her older twin sister has been resolved. I was a little surprised when she mentioned about the stupid childhood promise when in fact, I never did such

Yes, Rima must've looked like Nina before .. Maybe she had fooled me to play tag with her but it was just that .. It took her awhile to be convinced and I had to take her out for most of the time to let her see how serious I was .. until It came out in this happily ever after

Time stops for me. As she walks forward, her eyes lock onto mine, and I felt helpless in her presence. She is breathtaking in a gown of a shimmery white, almost as if it is shot through with silver.

The scooped neckline is wide, exposing a fair amount of her beautiful shoulders, and weren't that long

I'm going to have to stop myself from touching that skin once she's up here, I found myself thinking.

She's halfway down the aisle, and she doesn't even notice the cameras and smiles and appreciative whispers; all I see is Nina.

Focus on Nina. She is there, She is walking towards you. My love. My soon-to-be-Mrs Iñigo Bustamante. My wife. It still doesn't seem real.

Okay, kneel. Do I look up? Do I look down? Straight ahead? She looks so beautiful, so... proud? Is she proud of me?

I will never get used to the way she gazes at me, the way she can make my heart pound and my knees go watery with her eyes alone.

Take her hands. Stand. She looks so pleased, so content, her hands so small and warm on mine.

My eyes rove over her further as she approaches. A fitted bodice accentuating her narrow waist leads down to her hips, where a gold sash is draped and knotted loosely but elegantly in the back, its tails trailing down atop the train of her skirt.

The ends of the sash are embroidered with red filigree. That's different. I like it, I smiled. She has her mother's tiara on her head from which the veil extends, draping down over her hair, which Diane has artfully arranged around it.

It is mostly up, with a few tendrils strategically left loose to trail tantalizingly on her neck. Her bouquet is larger than the others, and it also includes some red roses sprinkled in.

Looking at her carefully, A memory from the past blasted right before me ..

The little boy immediately gasp the little girl's hand and drag her with him. They started running off as fast as they could, away from those bullies ..and away from everyone else

as the little girl looked back, the rain started pouring. The cold rain drops hit the little girl's face fast and hard soaking her instantly.

Her hair falls and stacks to her neck, and the dress clings to her body. The rain continues to fall as they continue to walk while her fitflops sink into the wet front lawn

The little boy led her quietly onto the soft sand. Here, He leant against her as he removed his shoes and watched as the little girl's expression turned sour

"What are you waiting for?"

The boy said as he playfully toss his shirt off, The girl began to panic, scared that the boy might hit her too if she wouldn't comply so she copied his actions and began removing her fitflops.

They both left their shoes on the sand and wondered along the beach. The little girl is not sure when and how but they came to hold each other's hands and it suddenly felt alright to trust a stranger. It was awkward at first but she eventually felt comfortable with it

"You know, I always notice you picking up shells by the shore" He uttered and began throwing all sort of rocks to the sea but the little girl didn't say anything but stare at him for awhile, half-amuse and half.. freaked out?

"You must've think I'm a stalker huh?" The little laughed before adding
"Well .. you're probably wondering why I was watching you"

Curious as can be, The little finally spoke "Why?" She asked curiosity lingered in her tone

The little boy who seem to be amuse by the little girl's sudden enthusiasm beam her with a smirk-to-die-for "You looked like a pretty dork happy picking up stupid pebbles and shells"

Although the boy was laughing hysterically, the little girl didn't find it amusing hence she frown at him and as if ready to throw the next thing her hand could grip with

"But .. nonetheless .. pretty. Yeah, Really pretty tho" He said sounding so sincere as he gazes back at the little girl's flustered face then he proceeded throwing another rock pretending he didn't let go of some cheesy baduy words

We reach the front, and I realized I haven't taken a breath since I laid eyes on her. I inhaled deeply, and Nina stifles a giggle.

Her grandfather gazes at his grand daughter, when they reach the front. And so here we are, he thinks. "You look so beautiful, Nina," he whispers to her, turning to her.

"You said that already, Lolo," she smiles and replies.

"I know. I can't help it." He gives her a hug and kisses her cheek, then places her hand in mine. He claps my on the shoulder warmly, turns to Nina, says, "I love you," before retreating to his seat beside Nina's Tita Laura, across the aisle from my parents

I looked at her. "You look amazingly beautiful," I whispered.

"So do you," she whispered back.

The little girl didn't know what possess her but the next thing she knew she gasp into the little boy's hand and said

"You know sometimes I also feel unloved and ignored by my parents because I felt like I'll never be as good as my sister nor as adorable as her but trust me .. they love you. You may not feel it but they do"

The girl gave the little boy a reassuring smile which he gradually return with such genuineness that radiates with in

"You may be seated," Father Luis announces. He continues:

"Dearly beloved: We have come together in the presence of God to witness and bless the joining together of this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony..."

Both Nina and I are clearly not paying attention now, as We were completely lost in each other, holding each other's hands. I stroke the back of her hands with my thumbs a few times.

Nina smiles shyly at me

Father Luis speaks again, asking if there are any among them who object.

Nope, No Kendra .. No Luigi

Father Luis looked to the crowd, truly expecting no response. The wind blows, and a few leaves drift down around them. I saw Nina shivered slightly, as the sun has once again disappeared.

There are no objections, and he continues. "We will now have a moment of silent prayer. Please take a few moments to lift your thoughts to God."

He gives everyone a minute, then resumes. "O God, You have so consecrated the covenant of marriage..."

"Amen," I found myself echoing the reverend with the rest of the guests.

As Nina's Grandmother walks forward to offer a reading, the wind picks up again and a few more leaves blow. I began to worry that Nina will get cold and glances skyward again, sighing. Nina seems to notice my worry and smiles reassuringly at me, squeezing my hands in hers.

"...Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." Lola Augustina concludes, and returns to sit beside Nina's Cousin Isaac

Father Luis stood up and then turns his attention back to us

"Nina, will you have this man to be your husband; to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, and be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

"Iñigo, will you have this woman to be your wife; to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, and be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?

"I do."

Father Luis turns to the congregation and asks, "Will all of you witnessing these promises do all in your power to uphold these two persons in their marriage?"

"We will."

"Let us pray."

Another prayer? I was getting antsy. Dont' get me wrong, I love Nina so dearly, and God knows how lucky I am, but I'm not used to standing still for this long. I fidgets slightly, until I noticed father Luis giving me a little annoyed stare. I resumed standing still, clenching my jaw in defeat.

"Iñigo, take her right hand and repeat after me."

I did so and repeats the words: "In the Name of God, I, Franco Iñigo Bustamante, take you, Nina Angela Fernandez to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow."

I released her hand. "Nina, take his right hand in yours and repeat after me."

"In the Name of God, I, Nina Angela Fernadez, take you, Franco Iñigo Bustamante, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow."

"Bless, O Lord, these rings to be a sign of the vows by which this man and this woman have bound themselves to each other; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

Father Luis handed Nina's ring to me, and she raises her left hand.

"Nina, I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you, in the Name of God."

I slid it on her finger, and Nina repeated the same thing

"Iñigo, I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you, in the Name of God."

"Now that Nina and Iñigo have given themselves to each other by solemn vows, with the joining of hands and the giving and receiving of rings, I pronounce that they are husband and wife, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Those whom God has joined together let no one put asunder."

I have never seen her looking so happy.

She looks as though she is bursting with joy.

"Diane?" Father Luis calls my older sister forward.

She reads. "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude..."
Diane returned to her seat, and Nina and I kneel before the table in front as Father Luis prays over them, seeking God's blessing over them. I reached over and takes Nina's hand.

It is like ice.

The Lord's Prayer is said, and Both of us stood up again and face each other, holding each other's hands once again.

"God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy spirit, bless, preserve, and keep you; the Lord mercifully with His favor look upon you, and fill you with all spiritual benediction and grace; that you may faithfully live together in this life, and in the age to come have life everlasting. Amen."

Father Luis then nods at Patrick, and he starts to play again. Meg is now seated beside him at the keyboard as he plays the opening bars of "All I Ask of You" from The Phantom of the Opera.

Nina and I, accompanied by Kuya Chris and Ate Diane, step forward to sign the register to legally complete the marriage. As Nina signs her name, I noticed her hand is trembling slightly.

Surely she can't be nervous, I thought, then I remembered seeing her shivering earlier and recalls her cold hands.

We finish our paperwork, and return to our original places. I sneak a peek at the priest, and unbuttons my coat.

Both Father Luis and Nina gave me a puzzled look as I removed it. I held it out to Nina, and she slides her arms into my sleeves with a giggle. I saw Father Luis smiled and nodded at me.

The song finishes, and Fahter Luis turned to the congregation. "It is my very great honor to be the first to introduce Mr. and Mrs. Iñigo Bustamante. You may kiss the bride, Iñigo."

With those words, I pulled Nina into my arms and kisses her, pouring all the love I feel for her into the kiss while striving to keep it appropriate for a wedding. It is walking a tightrope, and Nina helps out by keeping her lips firmly together, much as for sure  wants to part them for me.

I reluctantly pulled away just before the kiss goes on too long. I whispers, "I love you," and takes her hand as Diane approach us to take Nina's bouquet.

The vicar again nods at Patrick, who begins God Gave me you by Bryan White as  We, newly-married couple recess up the aisle and back into the parlor.

And all of the sudden, Nina wrapped her arms around me and pulled me down for a kiss

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A./N :
Special dedications to the readers who supported this story 'til the very end. Enjoy!

)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 141K 49
As far as she remembers, she's the obsessed one. Laila does some crazy things while secretly fangirling over the campus semi-cal cutie, Asher James P...
6.1K 113 1
The Mauricio "Mawi" Mackelroy Story
208K 4.4K 46
Sabi nga ni Sarah G kay Coco M, "There was never an us." E paano kapag sinabi niya rin sayo yon? Malala nga lang, mas mahaba pa. "There was never an...
9.1M 164K 58
1st installment of The Billionaire Bachelors Series Cechxia Garcia is a writer on a mission. Kailangan nyang mainterview at magawan ng article ang l...