The Truth Hurts

By 7ofspades_

"You know...I thought I was just being a good friend by telling you. But no...I just wanted you for myself ri... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 (1)
Chapter 35 (2)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue

Chapter 36

13.4K 364 60
By 7ofspades_

Elise's POV

It's weird how things turn out the way you weren't expecting. Everyone has tried to mend the bond we used to have with each other like we had a long time ago. It's only been four months but it seems like a life time ago. It's easy for everyone else to do that, since their bond hasn't really disappeared. Me, however, that's different.

Ever since, they've actually grown closer. They have new inside jokes, new hang out places (besides the Dinner) that I don't know about. Whenever I try to hang out with them, I feel almost like an outsider. I feel as if I wasn't part of the group in the first place.

Willa invited Violet, and I to her house for a sleepover tonight. I'm not as hesitant as I was a long time ago, but still a bit on edge. There was no use in trying to get out of this. My parents would probably make me go either way, and there was no way I was going to tell them what happened.

Because I was finished with packing and still had an hour till I had to go to Willa's, I decided to work on my college apps.  It's better if I get them done now than later. The due dates were coming up soon and I only did three out of the five I wanted to do.

By the time the hour came up, I only finished half of one application. I let out an exasperated sigh and lugged all of my belongings down the stairs and into the trunk of my car, after saying bye to my parents. I pull into Willa's driveway, and knocked on her door.

"Elise!" Willa exclaims, letting me in.

I offer her a smile and made my way to her room to put my belongings down. Violet was already there watching a netflix show I haven't seen before. Well, I guess I wouldn't, seeing as though it's a sign language show. Violet notices me and signs "hi" to which I sign back to her.

"What's this show about?" I sign to her.

"It's a love story" she answers.

The show goes on and when a certain part comes on, Willa and Violet point and start laughing. I cock my head to the side, wondering what they're laughing at. Did I miss something? I couldn't have. I was watching the whole time.

"There it is!" Willa signs, enthusiastically. "Like always!"

I was right...they do have inside jokes that I don't know about. As they continue to laugh, I start to feel a little awkward, seeming as though I can't join in. I decide to go on my phone, and I when I do, I see that there's a text message from Daniel.

Daniel: how's the sleepover going?

I scrunch my eyebrows together, thinking, how he knows I'm at a sleepover.

Me: how do you know?

Not a second later my phone vibrates, signaling that he texted back.

Daniel: lol, did you already forget that my friends are dating both of your friends?

A slight smile snuck its way onto my face at his lightheartedness. As I was about to type my response, Willa interrupted me before I could do so.

"Whatcha smiling at?" She asks with a knowing expression.

I quickly lock my phone as she grabs it out of my hands. She rolls her eyes when she sees the blank, black screen of my phone and tosses it back to me.

"Nothing" I say casually. "I was just reminiscing on old photos"

Surprisingly, Willa bought my explanation and went back to watching the show. She can't know I was smiling because I was texting Daniel. I wasn't smiling because I was texting him. I was smiling at his hummer.

I think.

*******

The rest of the night went on better than I though it would have. We actually started to catch up on life and how everything turned out. When we got to my part of the catching up, it didn't take very long, considering that I didn't actually do anything. That's also where it got really awkward and they started to apologize again for what happened.

Other than that, though, we baked, watched romance movies, and made our own spa. Although, doing those things with them was really fun, it still wasn't as close to the times we had before the whole incident happened.

We ended up falling asleep at four in the morning and by the time I woke up, it was lunch time already. I made my way down the stairs to find Willa and Violet already eating lunch.

"Morning, Elise" Willa starts. "We just started eating. Grab a plate"

A yawn escapes my lips before I nod my head and grab a plate. After plopping a sandwich onto my plate, I also put a handful of chips onto it.

As we were just about to put in another movie, the doorbell sounds throughout the household, making everyone inside it go silent. Willa gets up and answers the door. To everyone's surprise, the guys came waltzing in. When Daniel's eyes met mine, he immediately smiles, to which I give a small one in return. 

"Hey" he says, as he takes seat next to me.

"Hey" I say back.

He digs one of his hands in his the pockets of his hoodie and takes out a yellow bottle. My eyes widen and I look up at him with a quizzical look. He stifles a laugh and hands the delicious snack go me.

"You remembered?" I asked opening up the baby puff cracker food.

"How can I not? You're the only person I know who loves that stuff" he chuckles.

"Thank you" I say, after popping one into my mouth.

"Of course"

I check the time on my phone and get up seeing as though I need to get to gymnastics practice. After going up stairs to gather my belongings, I say goodbye.

"Where are you going?" Daniel asks.

"Practice"

He looks disappointed, then ponders on something for a moment or two before answering.

"I can drive you" he offers, standing up.

He walks over to me so we don't interrupt the movie.

I shake my head, but smile. "No, it's fine. I brought my car. Thanks anyways".

He has a look of disappointment before nodding his head and mumbling a "no problem". He rejoins the movie and doesn't look or say anything back to me. But by the way his shoulders are slumped and the hanging of his head, I can tell he's devastated.

Frowning, I turn on my heel and head towards my car. I don't mean to make him feel miserable. He is actually gaining my trust...I guess it's the fact that I can't forget what he's done. Actually...now that I'm thinking about it, I'm just scared of getting hurt again. It didn't help that they were right that I liked him. I just didn't think having a crush would hurt you this much.

But by all of the little things Daniel is trying to do for me, I'm slowly opening myself back to him. I just hope I'm making the right decision.

As I walk into the lounge room at the gym, Emerald and Sapphire were in there waiting.

"What?" I say, giving them a weird look.

They look at each other at the same time doubtfully.

"You're late" Sapphire speaks up.

I furrow my eyebrows together and looked at the clock hanging on the wall.

"I'm early" I respond.

"No! Not to practice" Emerald says. "You were supposed to come earlier to tell us how the sleepover went with them".

"It did go well, right" Sapphire adds. "Nothing bad happened?". 

I stifle a laugh at how extra they're being. "It went fine guys...I'm fine" I assure. "The guys came over this morning and watched a movie with us though"

"What!" The twins say in unison.

"You guys really need to go to the doctor and ask to take a chill pill" I say rolling my eyes and closing the gym locker.

"Sorry for being concerning friends" Emerald responds sarcastically.

"Well if you guys want to know that badly, Daniel just sat by me during the movie and gave me my favorite baby snack"

"Baby snack?" Emerald questions.

"The small puff cracker thingies that look like stars? They're so good!" I say starting to walk to the floor to start stretching. The twins follow suit.

"Why would he give that to you though? Out of all of the movie snacks to choose from?" Sapphire questions.

"Well, before everything happened, a long time ago Daniel was at my house snooping through my cabinets for food where he found my container of the baby food" I explain.

"Aww! And he remembered you liked them" Sapphire gushes. "So sweet".

"I guess" I say shrugging my shoulders and heading toward the bars.

What Sapphire said about Daniel being sweet for remembering that, made me think that he deserves more credit that I give him for. All of the things he's done for me, even before what happened, were all so fun and sweet.

The more things I think about what's he's done for me, I can't help but find myself smiling because of it.

A/N: Hey!

It feels good good to be writing again! It's been 583958392 weeks since I've updated and I apologize. It's on me and I'm not blaming school this time. I actually had time to write, but every time I would true to write something, I would get stuck. So in a way, I guess you could say I had writers block. I might not update again next week since it's finals week, but I will update after finals are done! Thanks you all so much for continuing to support this book.

Until the next chapter,

- Gia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 180 12
High school sophomore Elise has secrets. Many secrets. Like how her actual name is Carmen and Elise is her middle name. Like how she's an elite gymna...
217 0 40
17 year old Callie is at her lowest point. Alone and depressed most of the summer, she feels fat and ugly-and school starts Monday. Her mother Michel...
11.2K 375 23
*Some people bring out the worst in you, Some people bring out the best in you* I watched as his lips moved, how his fist clenched and unclenched, h...
172K 7.4K 82
Every high schooler says that high school is hell, but for an eighteen-year-old, Isla, it really is. For someone who is so sweet and pure she doesn'...