FEAR

By Adamson93

Christian Harper and his daughter Abigail move to New Orleans, Louisiana after Christian lands himself a new... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
AN: Update regarding 'FEAR'
Chapter Seventeen
UPDATE: THREE YEARS LATER.

Chapter Fifteen

1.9K 78 41
By Adamson93

Chapter 15

                The neighbourhood’s eyes continued to watch us as we drove away quickly from the house. Abigail turns her head to look back at the house and all the people that were watching us but I couldn't bring myself to look back. It was my fault what had happened to Julie and Jamie. I should have never come here and brought this upon them.

“Daddy, where are we going?” Abigail says looking at me with her innocent puppy-dog eyes.

“Somewhere that can help us Abigail.”

“Where are we going to run to?”

“We can’t run anymore Abigail. And there’s no point in hiding because they’ll still find us. I know a place not too far from here, a place that can help us. It’s the only other choice we have left. There is no other option.”

“And where’s that daddy?”

“It’s a church Abigail. It’s the place where your mum and I got married a very long time ago when we were both very young. I know one of the priests there. If there is anyone that can help us right now, then it’s him.”

I had not seen Landon in many years, and I was unsure as if he was even still alive, but I had nothing else to lose. I didn’t know where else I could go anymore. If there was anyone right now that would believe what was happening to us, then it would be Landon. From when I knew him, he was very devoted to his religion and even made newspapers for his claims that he had performed exorcisms by people who had been possessed by the devil himself. I never thought that I would one day believe these stories that I had once claimed as ‘complete bullshit’.  

“A priest?” a confused look appears on her face. “What’s a priest?”

“They’re people who can help us get rid of this thing that is following us Abigail. They will be able to get rid of Samantha and make sure she never hurts you again. They will help us make sure that everything goes back to normal.”

I knew our life would never be normal; too much had happened over the years for it to ever go back to being what it once was. All I wanted in life was to see Abigail grow up, fulfil her potential, get married and one day have children of her own. To have a life that most parents would want their children to have. I would not allow this demonic entity ruin our lives anymore.  I was determined to make sure that we could defeat what-ever this thing was.

***

We pull up against the entrance to the large-gateway to the church. I still remember this place like it was yesterday, getting married to Lorraine and starting our new life together. It was not long after the marriage that Lorraine had announced that we were having Abigail. I remember that year being one of the best times of my life, and it still puts a smile on my face even now. Even after everything that we have been through.

“It doesn’t look like anyone’s there.” Abigail says looking through the car window at the eerily quiet graveyard. 

I exit the car and walk towards the gate, seeing that it had been locked very securely with two metal chains locked around the door to make sure that the place was well protected. It would be impossible to climb as the long-black gate had black spikes coming from the top. There did not seem to be anyway into the church.

“What are we going to do now?” Abigail says, popping her head through the car window.

“I’m not sure Abigail.” I say getting back into the car. I didn’t know what else to do now. This seemed like our only chance left, and the place was locked securely as if it was saying to us ‘There is no help here for you’.

Disappointed, I begin to drive away from the graveyard slowly, against the hard rubble. I had no idea where I was going to go now, but I didn’t want to give up. I wanted to get this entity out of my life and far away from Abigail. 

“Daddy, look over there!” Abigail shouts pointing. “Look daddy, there is a light on over there!”

 I turn my head and look to see where Abigail is pointing. Just down the bumpy cobble-road and pass the dozens of trees, there seems to be a small house with a light on. That could be where Landon lives. 

I drive down slowly towards the house and pull the car up just outside it. The house doesn’t look that big, very ordinary and reclusive, not exactly a place you would find yourself comfortable sleeping at night. 

“Stay in the car Abigail.” I say to her as I leave the car and walk towards the car, knocking softly three times against the door.  

“Who is it?” a voice says from behind the door. 

“Hello?” I ask. “Is this Father Landon’s house?”

“What do you want?

“I just need to speak to Father Landon. Do you know where I could find him? I need to speak to him; he’s the only person who can help me. I’m with my daughter at the moment, and I would be very grateful if you could get us into contact with him.”

The man’s voice does not reply.

“Hello?” I ask again. “Please, I really need your help. There is something that is happening to me and my daughter. It’s hard to explain but if you could please in anyway help us by getting us into contact with Father Landon, then I would be very much grateful.”

The door unlocks as I gesture to Abigail to get out of the car. The door opens to reveal a gentleman in his black uniform with a white collar and a cross that was wrapped around his neck and silver grey hair that was smartly cut. He looked nothing like Landon from what I remember, but it had been such a long time since I had seen him.

“What can I help you with?” the man asks me as Abigail appears and stands next to me. He looks down and smiles at her.

“I was wondering if you could help me possibly. I’m trying to find Father Landon, I know he use to be a priest here in this church many years ago. Is there any way you could get me in contact with him?”

“Perhaps you should come inside,” He says to me in a quiet voice as Abigail and I enter the house and follow him to the kitchen. “Is there anything I can get you to drink?” he asks me but I shake my head. “No I’m fine thank you.”

“And what about you then...?” 

“Abigail.” She says finishing the sentence.

He smiles. “Is there anything that I can get you to drink Abigail?”

Abigail shakes her head. “No, I’m fine thank you.”

“Very well then,” He smiles, pouring the hot tea carefully into the mug. “Father Landon is who you was looking for then?”

I nod.

“I’m afraid to tell you the news that Father Landon passed away a couple of years ago. I’ve been maintaining these grounds of the church since his passing. He was a very good friend of mine. Why would it be him that you’re looking for, if I may ask?”

“I’m sorry to hear about his passing, he was a very good man from when I knew him,” I say sincerely. “I wanted to try and get in contact with Father Landon because I believed he was the only one who could help me. A long time ago I read that Father Landon had dealt with cases of paranormal and exorcisms. I know this might sound crazy to you but there is something that is happening to us. I had no idea where else to turn to, and I was hoping Father Landon would be able to help us.”

“What kind of things has been happening to you?” the man asks, pointing his head down towards me listening as the glasses slide slightly down his nose.

“My daughter has been suffering from these nightmares, but there just not nightmares, they’re real. I’ve seen these... these ghosts in my house...”

“They have revealed themselves to you?” he says interrupting.

“Yes, but it’s not just that.  They are physical as well. I know this may sound crazy but what-ever this thing is... it has actually been able to control both of us and it’s now controlling my own brother that it  made him kill his own wife. You have to believe what I am telling you...”

“I do believe you,” the man says nodding. “I have been a priest for over forty years. Son, I’ve seen many things in this world that you couldn’t begin to possibly imagine.  How long has this been happening to you for?”

“Just over a month now,” I nod. “It’s got worse that I took Abigail and left the house but they followed us. What-ever this thing has it has taken control over my brother. He would never have killed his own wife; they were planning on starting a family together. I should never have brought this upon them.”

“Who was it who made contact first?” he asks.

“It was my daughter Abigail,” I look towards her. “She had been suffering from these nightmares for a couple of weeks and then things just escalated from there. But they weren’t just nightmares, they were real. She woke up with scratch marks on her back and is still there now.”

“Do you mind if I take a look?” he says putting his mug of tea onto the table and lifting the back of her top to show the three long scratch marks down her back. They look as if they had not healed a day.

“Thank you for showing me that Abigail, you’re a very brave a girl.” He says smiling and turning towards me. “Do you mind if we speak more privately?” he says as he pulls me over to the side.

“Those marks are clear indication of something that would be related by a demon attack. You said that this demonic entity has followed you from your home and has now latched itself into control of your own brother?”

I nod.

“There are many demons that have this ability to allow itself to control someone’s physical state, but it seems to me that you were dealing with something that has originated from the deepest pits of hell itself. To destroy the lives of those it latches onto...”

“What does that mean?” I interrupt.

“It means that if I am correct, then you may be dealing with one of the most powerful servants to the devil himself. His name is Abaddon, the Latin word for ‘Destroyer’. It’s vital that we know this is the demon that we are dealing with if we are going to get rid of it. But we must not waste anymore time, it knows where you are and it will come for you again. That’s what its purpose is.

“So you’re going to help me?” I say holding onto Abigail’s hand.

The man nods and looks towards Abigail. “I am indeed going to help you. What-ever these ghosts you were seeing back at your house, they were merely just pawns. They are not your real threat.”

“What do you mean?” I ask confused.

“You say that you saw these ghosts so to say? It seems to me as if that perhaps the reason why this demon was able to latch itself onto you and your daughter was because of the previous family that could have lived at the house before you moved in. Do you know what happened to them?”

I nod and think back to the article I read back in the attic of the house. “I did read something about the father who lived with his family killed both his wife and daughter before killing himself. The house showed me exactly what happened to them.”

He nods towards me. “Did the house show you as to why the man killed both his daughter and wife?”

I shake my head. “No, it just showed me that he was an alcoholic and in a fit of rage he brutally shot them both dead. But before he shut the door, it was as if he knew I was there and looked right towards me. “

He nods again. “The master of trickery,” he says to me. “What-ever that house had shown you were what Abaddon had wanted you to see. Demons like this; they play tricks on your mind to confuse you and help it make them easier for them to latch onto you. I believe that perhaps the previous family that lived in your house could have been in some kind of religious cult that brought Abaddon to earth. And in unfortunate circumstances, the demon chose itself to latch onto your daughter who was the most easiest to torment. Had anything happened to your daughter that would have made her a more likely prey?”

“Yes,” I nod. “A few years ago her mother had died in a tragic accident which really tore our family apart. I moved us to our new home to start our life together, but after a couple of weeks in the house she began to act differently. But I had never suspected anything other than she was just home-sick. I should have believed her.” I say turning towards to her, filled with guilt.

He puts his arm on my shoulder. “There is no point feeling guilty anymore son. That’s what Abaddon wants, that’s what he feeds on. He destroys the very essence of your innocence and is what makes him stronger. I’m going to help you destroy him and send him back to where he belongs... I promise.”

The light in the house flickers for a split second and a strong wind comes from inside the house. A large knock pounds against the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 89.3K 59
There's a lot of secrets that live in this house, so many bad things happened that would give you nightmares. After a tragedy that changed the commu...
1.3K 69 32
EDITING Abigail was 13 when her parents were killed, but she was fortunate enough to have loving grandparents to take her in. She lived a pretty nor...
6.7K 508 19
~~ Lainey O'Neil didn't want to move, especially after the death of her father. All that was familiar was being chipped away like the paint of what w...
769K 16.1K 21
A fun trip to a haunted house turns into a grisly nightmare after a group of teens go in after it closes. They think it's just well put together, bu...