Lab Partners

By OminouslyAnonymous

WATTPAD ORIGINAL EDITION When Elliot Goldman meets his sweet and charming new lab partner, Jordan Hughes, sud... More

Purchase Lab Partners!
Idiot Goldman
Concussion
Rain, Rain
I've Decided
Drop the Base
He Is Pretty Cute...
Pizza
Boyfriend?
Kiss it Better
Oh God
How Do You Know?
Back From the Dead
Come now, Eli
Cookie Dough
Convince Me
Not Yet
Study Date
Dinner
No, I Got That
I Don't Know, Can You?
I'm Coming For You
Pants
Worthless
Sic 'Em
Kitten
Stage One
Two and Three
Birthday Party
My Gift to You
BONUS: Cole and Jason
BONUS: Elliot Coming Out
BONUS: Family Christmas
BONUS: Sound Asleep
BONUS: Trouble Makers
BONUS: Heart Breakers
COVER REVEAL AND PREORDER INFO

I Don't Like Bullies

257K 11.2K 7.9K
By OminouslyAnonymous

Jordan and I didn't talk much on the way to the nurse's office, mostly due to my aching skull. I didn't miss, however, the concerned glances he kept throwing my way.

I considered telling him to stop looking at me like a wounded animal, but refrained when I realized it would only worsen my headache.

"How long?" He finally broke the silence.

"What?" I asked confusedly, turning my head to see him already looking at me.

"How long have they bullied you?"

I felt my stomach sink and looked away. It was a touchy subject, really, and it wasn't something I wanted to share with a complete stranger.

Jordan waited patiently for an answer, but instead of giving him one, I simply hardened my resolve and muttered, "Why do you care?"

It was his turn to look away, and I couldn't stop myself from watching his conflicted expression as he stared at the beige floor tiles a few feet ahead of us.

Just when I thought he wasn't going to answer, he spoke.

"I don't like bullies."

I frowned slightly at him but said nothing. Maybe he wouldn't turn out like the others. Maybe he'd be okay.

When the silence stretched on for a bit too long, Jordan changed the subject.

"So, you're Elliot Goldman, right?" He asked.

I nearly nodded, but thought better of it and verbalized my answer, "Yep."

"Looks like we're lab partners, then," he said with a far too cheery grin.

I couldn't help but notice he had pretty straight teeth. And pretty white teeth at that. That was true sorcery, right there. I wore a retainer for three years and I still had a crooked tooth behind my top right canine. It drove me nuts.

"Yep," I said as I spotted the nurse's office up ahead.

I stopped and turned to face him, "Well, I think I can make it from here. You better head back to class so you can change before the bell rings."

"Yeah, I guess," he scratched the back of his neck and looked back down the hallway we'd come down. "See you in Chemistry, then."

"Yeah," I said as I opened up the door to the nurse's office. "See you."

As soon as the door closed behind me, I heard the nurse sigh and mutter, "Again?"

"Sorry, Ms. Cadbury," I muttered back.

After explaining what happened, Ms. Cadbury sat me down and asked me to do a series of concussion tests. Not finding anything too serious, she gave me some painkillers and told me I'd feel better by tomorrow.

"Thanks," I muttered again before making my way back to the boys' locker room. Luckily, the bell had already rung, so I didn't have to worry about anyone else bothering me.

Getting back to locker room, I felt my stomach sink again as I found my papers scattered around the room. I knelt down and started to pick them up one by one. By the time I reached my locker, my despair had sunk even lower. There, on the floor, sitting in a sopping heap of what I could only hope was water, were my clothes.

Guess who got to spend the rest of the day smelling like a sweaty pig? That's right. This guy.

Not to mention the autumn weather was setting in, which meant I was in for a brisk walk home after school.

Sighing, I cleaned up as best as I could and headed off to my next class.

×××

English Literature flew by quickly, especially with the time I spent in the nurse's office. Before I knew it, I was packing up and heading to Chemistry.

When I walked into class, I immediately knew something was up. Everyone was lining up against the back wall, and as I moved to stand beside them, I stared longingly at my abandoned lab seat.

"Alright class," the teacher announced. "Today, we are changing the seating to accommodate your new lab partners. Please wait patiently until I call out your names."

I zoned out as the teacher started directing students to their seats. It was only when my name was called that I snapped to attention and walked to where the teacher directed me.

Jordan plopped into the seat next to me and took out his textbook.

I saw him glance over my outfit briefly before sympathy clouded his eyes. He said nothing, though, and for that, I was grateful.

Ms. Dailey soon moved to the front of the classroom again and began her lecture on standard deviation and percent relative standard deviation. I buried myself in my notes, doing my best to ignore the concerned glances from the boy beside me.

"How's your head?" He whispered quietly to me.

"Fine," I muttered as I took down notes on summation. I could tell he was waiting for a better answer, so with a sigh, I glanced up and said, "She said I'll be back to normal in a day or two."

Apparently satisfied by that answer, Jordan nodded and returned to his own notes.

Noticing the tinge of darkness to the room, I glanced out the window to see a blanket of dark clouds looming low in the sky. I sighed, already resigning myself to walking home in the rain.

Great.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

821 43 24
Noah and James are NOT friends, well at least not anymore! When James realized following Noah around like a god wouldn't cut it for middle school h...
257K 13.1K 83
Emmet and Clay did not meet on the best of terms, but that doesn't stop them from becoming fast friends. As their bond grows stronger, they will do w...
182 16 5
[boyxboy] The boys. The girls. They all like Elliot Wheeler. But what about him makes this so? Well, according to his sister, Ash, it's his eyes--an...
33.9K 1.9K 30
Toby Wentworth's life is a clusterfuck. For a lot of reasons. And one of them just happens to be the fact that he is very gay, and also so far in the...