The Older Gilbert - Book 1

By Countrysweetheart39

Rachel Gilbert had the perfect life. That all changed the night her parents died. She spent the summer gettin... More

Pilot
Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
You're Undead to Me
Haunted
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes The Neighborhood
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
The Heartbreak of Rachel Gilbert Sneek Peak

Lost Girls

226 5 0
By Countrysweetheart39

Rachel woke up in confusion. 

She looked around her and noticed that she was on the ground and a fire was lit. 

She sat up and rubbed her head and groaned at the pain. 

She looked over and froze in fright at Damon violently draining the blood of a dead body.

 "Oh my god! Its true!" She whispered in horror as he looked over at her.

 She quickly jumped up to her feet to look for a weapon.

 "Yes its true. I am a vampire and you are the lucky one who gets to see me up and personal like this." 

Damon smirked at her as he grabbed the liquor bottle and started pouring it all over the dead bodies. 

Rachel tried to back away slowly but Damon noticed and sped right in front of her making her gasp out in surprise.

 Damon quickly grabbed her bracelet off of her wrist and shoved it in his pocket. 

He grabbed her shoulders to make her stand still.

 "You will relax and not try to run away." He commanded. 

Rachel instantly relaxed and stood still as Damon let her go. 

"What did you do to me? Why can't I move?" she asked curiously as she watched him pull all the bodies in a pile. 

"I compelled you to stand still. You now have no choice but to watch me." Damon smirked as he searched the bodies.

 "Do you got a cell phone on you?" Damon asked coming to stand in front of her.

 She glared at him and he rolled his eyes.

 "I asked you nicely I can always make you." Damon gave a firm tone as he held out his hand. 

Rachel finally nodded and pulled her phone out of her back pocket. 

He flipped it open and dialed a number.

 "I want my ring." he spoke into the phone. 

Rachel stood still as she listened to him talk.

 "I'm at the sizzler and had a big buffet." Damon joked as he started to light the bodies on fire. 

"Nooooo, what have you done? You're the one who locked me in the cellar to starve so whoever I drained and killed is on you dear brother." 

Rachel finally realized that he was talking to Stefan who she figured was also a vampire.

 "I know how to cover my tracks where is my damn ring!" he shouted to Stefan through the phone.

 Rachel jumped back in fright at his angry tone. 

He then started to chuckle.

 "You almost had me, really it was funny now where Is it?" he asked Stefan again. 

Damon narrowed his eyes and threw his hands up. 

"What did you Fed-Ex it to Rome? Where is it? I want my ring Stefan or I'm not going to let Rachel go and my next stop will be Elena." Rachel gasped in terror and Damon looked over at her.

Stefan heard her through the phone. 

"Where the hell is she Damon?" Stefan asked angrily. 

Damon smirked and looked back at Rachel.

 "She's right here with me. She's going to keep me company until you give me my ring." Rachel stood still as Damon stood in front of her. 

"Say something to my dear brother." Damon commanded putting the phone to Rachel's ear. 

"Stef-Stefan? Please just give him what he wants, I'm scared." she said into the phone before Damon took it back.

 "So get me my ring back or else." Damon said before he hung up the phone.

 Damon looked at Rachel who had tears coming down her face.

 He walked back toward her and gently wiped the tears from her face.

 They both turned when there was a small noise.

 Rachel watched as Damon walked over to another body. 

He went to pour liquor over it when the person gasped.

 Rachel quickly ran over and noticed that it was Vickie.

 "Oh my god Vickie!" Rachel quickly dropped to her knees to inspect her for any other injuries. 

Damon kneeled down on the other side of her. 

"You just don't want to die do you?" Damon asked rhetorically in amusement.

Rachel sat on the floor beside Vickie who was on the couch.

 She was applying pressure to Vickie's neck wound. 

She heard Damon walk into the room. 

"Stefan where are you? I'm trapped inside the house and I'm getting bored and impatient. And we both know that I don't do bored and impatient." he hung up the phone and poured two drinks of bourbon.

 Rachel raised her eyebrows in amusement as he jumped over a streak of sunlight.

 She stood up when he walked over to her and handed her the glass.

 "Drink up we're going to be here awhile." he told her as he looked down at Vickie.

 "Oh come on! Don't get blood on the couch!" He exclaimed dramatically.

 Rachel gave him a funny look as she sipped her bourbon.

 "She's bleeding because of you! You're the reason why she has that huge neck wound!" Rachel told him in an obvious tone.

 "Don't state the obvious." he told her in a teasing tone. 

She tried to fight a smile but it was hard.

 "I'm going to regret doing this but I will anyway." he mumbled as he bit into his wrist and shoved it against Vickie's mouth.

 "Oh my god what are you doing?" Rachel shouted out in worry.

 Damon looked up at her and sighed.

"Relax I'm just healing her." he informed her as Vickie continued to drink his blood.

 Rachel watched in curiosity.

Stefan was explaining things to Elena about his history with Damon and Katherine.

It was 1864 and Katherine had just arrived in Mystic Falls. 

Jacqueline stood beside Damon with her arm wrapped around his. 

She watched as Katherine got out of the carriage and introduced herself. 

She caught the look that she gave Damon when she noticed him. 

Jacqueline gave her a glare instantly not liking the woman.

Katherine ran up the brothers and flirted with both of them.

 Before she could get the reaction of the oldest brother that she wanted because Jacqueline walked up and stood beside her fiancée. 

"What is everyone talking about?" Jacqueline asked as she sent Katherine a small glare that the boys didn't see. 

Katherine put on a fake smile. 

"I was just asking which brother was going to take me to the Founder's Party tonight." Katherine stated with a smile. 

Jacqueline mocked her smile with her own. 

"Well since there is only one available brother I think we have our answer." Jacqueline stated as she continued to stare at Katherine.

"Damon has hated me because for centuries because I chose to side with Katherine resulting in Jacqueline hating him and eventually leaving him." Stefan explained to Elena.

 Elena stood there in shock. 

"Who exactly is Jacqueline?" Elena asked curiously. 

Stefan looked at her and sighed. 

"She was the love of Damon's life who died in 1864. She died because she was involved with Damon. She was suppose to be his wife, she was Jacqueline Gilbert." Stefan informed Elena.

"So what's the deal with your ring?" Rachel asked as she poured another glass.

 Damon looked up at her from his spot on the couch.

 "Its spelled so I am able to walk in the sun light." he told her as she handed him the glass.

 Vickie walked downstairs in her tank top and underwear. 

"That shower felt amazing!" she exclaimed as she stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

 She looked and seen Rachel and instantly became confused.

 "Why the hell are you here? Shouldn't you be with Ty attending a fancy dinner with his parents?" she asked sarcastically. 

Rachel moved her mouth to speak but Damon put his hand over her mouth.

 "We met up in the woods and you're not curious as to why Rachel is here with me. You both are good buddies just having a good time." Damon compelled her.

 Rachel narrowed her eyes in confusion as she watched the compulsion take affect.

 "Well Rach its been so long since we partied together let's have some fun!" Vickie shouted out as she jumped and spun around in excitement.

 Rachel looked at her with a shocked expression. 

"That's how compulsion works." Damon whispered in her ear before he spun off toward Vickie.

Stefan continued to explained the history to Elena.

 "The night of the Founder's Party Damon and Jacqueline were to announce their engagement to the town. But it turned out that Katherine had other plans." He explained to her.

 "She compelled Damon to leave Jacqueline very publicly. She was humiliated and later was believed to have killed herself. But Katherine compelled us both to be in love with her, Damon forgot all about Jacqueline. She wanted all of us to be together forever." He continued to explain.

 Elena looked at him still confused.

 "Why is there no records or history of this woman? I mean she's suppose to be a relative of mine but I've never heard anything about her before." Elena exclaimed.

 "Katherine wiped away all memory of her ever recorded, but I don't know why." Stefan told Elena.

 "You can't give Damon back his ring! He has caused way too much damage now!" Elena exclaimed. 

"I don't have a choice Elena, he's got Rachel hostage and he's threatening to hurt her if I don't give it back. Elena stared at him in shock. 

She had no idea that Rachel was with Damon. 

She was instantly worried for her sister but knew that she could take care of herself.

Rachel danced around with Vickie as she grabbed the liquor bottle off of Damon with a smirk. 

"You know I am so over Tyler! I knew that he was in love with you Rachel when I approached him first!" Vickie exclaimed in a drunken haze as they continued to spin around in circles together. 

Rachel giggled and fell down on the couch. 

"I still hate you for that by the way." Rachel laughed out as jumped back up and handed the bottle back to Damon. 

He grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer to him.

 She let out a gasp as she stared at him. 

As he was leaning down closer to her Vickie came over and stood beside Rachel.

 "So how come you don't have a girlfriend?" Vickie asked unaware of the tension between the other two. 

Rachel quickly pulled her arm back out of his grasp. 

"Don't you ever want to be in love? I feel like I am with Jeremy!" Vickie drunkenly giggled. 

Rachel gave her a funny look.

 "My brother Jeremy?" She asked as Damon came to walk around her.

 "I've been in love. It's pointless, painful and overrated." he said to Vickie as he gave Rachel a look.

 Rachel looked back at him frozen not able to look away. 

Damon quickly averted his eyes and put a smirk on his face. 

"Enough talking guys! Let's just dance!" Damon suggested as he swung Vickie around.

 He looked at Rachel and held out his hand. 

She hesitated before she grabbed it. 

She knew that he was dangerous but she was also drunk and said screw it.

Rachel continued to dance with Vickie as they passed the bottle back and forth.

 Rachel let out a laugh as Damon spun her around the living room.

 He moved over to Vickie and spun her around the living room.'

 Damon watched Rachel as she grabbed a glass to pour some more from another bottle. 

She let out a gasp of surprise when he grabbed her from behind and jumped up to the railing of the stairs. 

She let out a laugh as he grabbed her hips and started dancing right on the edge.

 "Are you having fun?" Damon whispered in her ear. 

She shivered when she felt his breath on her neck. 

She let out a laugh as Vickie pointed in her direction and smiled.

 Rachel pointed back at her. 

"I am having fun Damon. This is definitely the most fun I can have being held hostage." She said as she turned to give him a pointed look. 

He gave her a mock hurt look.

 Damon quickly brought them back down. 

"I have a wonderful idea involving Stefan's bedroom." Damon said lightly as he grabbed Vickie's hand and led her up the stairs toward Stefan's room.

 Rachel hesitantly followed them up. 

She stood by the door as Damon and Vickie trashed his room. 

She shook her head with a small smile. 

Vickie ran over and grabbed her hand. 

"Come on! We're suppose to be having fun!" She lead her to the bed and they started jumping together.

 Damon glanced at Rachel with a small smile before he looked down at a picture. 

He picked it up and it was a picture of Jacqueline Gilbert from 1864. 

He instantly felt his buzz leave him as he glanced up at the smiling girl that looked exactly like his love.

 Rachel glanced up and seen Damon looking at a picture and he looked defeated.

Later she sat on the couch as Damon and Vickie danced in the middle of the room.

 "My mom spends most of her time in Virginia Beach." Vickie cried in Damon's shoulder. 

Rachel dramatically sighed and poured another drink. 

Vickie pulled away from Damon to glare at her.

 "Oh what Miss Perfect can't handle when someone else talks about their lives!" Vickie turned to Rachel in tears. 

"You got it all, the boyfriend, the popularity and the family. Hell you even make getting wasted look good!" Vickie stopped in front of her.

 "We use to be the same you and me but you went and left me behind. You want to know why I went after Tyler? Because he was yours and I wanted to take something away from you!" Vickie shouted as she shoved Rachel against the table. 

Damon quickly sped in front of them causing Rachel to jump back in surprise with wide eyes.

 "Don't you ever lay your hands on Jacqueline again." Damon growled at Vickie. 

"Who did you just call me?" Rachel asked moving to stand in front of Damon. 

Damon quickly averted his eyes from her. 

"Why did you call me Jacqueline? I'm not her, I'm Rachel." she told him hesitantly.

 Damon moved his gaze back to her sharply. 

Rachel quickly took a step back.

 "You're drunk Damon, maybe you should lay down for a bit." Rachel suggested. 

Damon looked at her until his gaze moved to Vickie who was standing behind her. 

"You're right, you're not Jacqueline she's dead." Damon whispered harshly before he sped in front of Vickie and snapped her neck.

 Rachel let out a scream in shock as she watched Vickie's dead body fall to the ground.

Rachel quickly rushed to the body.

 "Oh my god you killed her!" She looked up at Damon with a glare.

 She quickly stood up and moved until she was standing in the sunlight.

 "I may be compelled to stay here but I will stand where you can't touch me!" Rachel glared as she watched Damon grab a glass and fill it up to drink.

 A couple minutes later Rachel looked down in surprise when she seen Vickie move. 

"Vickie?" she quickly rushed over to her old friend to check her over. 

"What happened? The last thing I remember was dancing then-" 

Damon cut her off. 

"Then I killed you." he told her in an obvious tone.

 Rachel glared up at him.

 "What?" Vickie asked confused as Rachel helped her stand up. 

"I snapped your neck. You drank my blood when I killed you." Rachel gave him a look that said shut up as Vickie grabbed her pants.

 "You're wasted dude. I just want to go home." 

She pushed past Rachel as Damon stood in front of her. 

"That's not a good idea. You should stay here." Damon suggested. 

"Look I had a good time with the both of you but I just want to go home." Vickie said as she was able to push past Damon. 

"Alright well hey, you should stop by your boyfriend Jeremy's house before you head home." Damon told her knowing that she'll do it now that he mentioned it.

 "What! Vickie no! You can't go see Jeremy!" Rachel shouted at her as she tried to grab her to stop her. 

Damon quickly grabbed her arm to stop her. 

Vickie rolled her eyes.

 "You have to get over the fact that I'm with Jeremy now!" Vickie argued before she left the house. 

Rachel struggled against Damon before he let her go. 

She glared at him and left the room.

Night came and Damon walked down the steps fully dressed and completely sober.

 "Alright its time to go. We have to stop at your house for a couple things." Damon informed Rachel as he grabbed her arm and pulled her up from the couch.

 "Let go! I can walk by myself!"

 Rachel struggled as Damon tightened his grip on her arm. 

"I swear if anything happened to my brother I will kill you." Rachel glared at him as he shoved her in his car. 

"Duly noted." Damon muttered to himself as he rolled his eyes at her.

 Rachel sat in the car in silence as Damon drove them over to her house. 

He pulled up beside the house. 

"I want you to run upstairs and change your clothes while I talk to your sister." Damon commanded as he rang the door bell.

 The door opened and Elena looked at her in surprise before glancing at Damon in slight fright.

 "Oh my god Rach are you OK?" Elena asked as she pulled her in the house. 

Rachel nodded as she glanced up to see Jeremy standing beside Elena. 

"Are you OK Jer?" Rachel asked worried as she pulled him into a tight hug.

 "Yea I'm fine where have you been all day?" he asked her confused by his two sister's behaviors.

 "I've been around look I need you go upstairs while Elena and I talk to Damon." Rachel told Jeremy as she pushed him toward the steps. 

Rachel looked to see Damon still standing outside the door. 

Jeremy quickly walked up the steps as Rachel came to stand beside Elena.

 "I'm guessing by the way that you're acting that Stefan finally told you the big news about us." Damon said with a smirk.

 "Stay away from us." Elena threatened with a wavering voice.

 "May I come in? Of course I can I've already been invited in." Damon said as he walked inside the house.

 Rachel stood in front of Elena protectively as she glared at Damon. 

Damon looked at her with a sigh.

 "Now please go get changed so we can go. I promise I won't hurt your sister." Rachel glared at him. 

"You better not Damon." she said before she quickly ran upstairs to her room.

 She let out a bunch of breaths that she was holding in. 

She quickly wiped the tears that were pooling in her eyes to quickly grab clothes to change into.

 Once she changed her clothes she ran down the steps to see Damon standing there waiting on her. 

Elena was standing against the wall away from him. 

"Let Stefan know I'm looking for him." he told Elena in a final tone as he opened the door for Rachel.

"Rach? What are you doing? You can't go with him!" Elena exclaimed with wide eyes as Rachel took a step toward the door. 

"I don't have a choice, but I'll be fine I promise." Damon quickly ushered her out the door and back toward the car. 

He went to grab her arm but she pulled back away from him.

 "Don't touch me." She glared as she got in the passenger seat and waited for Damon.

Damon stood there as he just had a memory flash in his head about Jacqueline yelling at him and telling him not to touch her.

Rachel walked beside Damon through the woods to the cemetery.

 She let out a small gasp when she heard a gunshot. 

Damon looked ahead of where they were at.

 "This way come on." Damon commanded as they took off into a run toward where the gunshot was.

 Rachel stopped in surprise when she seen Logan Fell standing over Stefan with a gun. 

"Logan No!" Rachel shouted out toward him.

 She stopped herself from screaming when Damon quickly sank his teeth in Logan's neck killing him. 

Rachel ran over toward Stefan who was handing over Damon's ring. 

Rachel glared at Damon as she looked over Stefan. 

"There you got your ring back now let me go." Rachel commanded. 

"With pleasure." Damon whispered to her before he walked off. 

"Damon! You can't just leave him here!" she shouted out as she watched him walk away.

 Rachel turned her head back to see Vickie drinking Logan's blood.

 "Vickie no!" Stefan shouted as he sat up slowly. 

"I-I'm so-sorry." She cried out before she took off through the woods. 

Rachel quickly helped him up. 

She heard voices in the distance. "We have to get out of here before they find you." she whispered to Stefan as she helped him walk through the woods.

Rachel held on to Stefan's shoulder as they walked up the porch steps of her house. 

Elena was sitting on the porch waiting for them.

 "Oh my god you're bleeding!" she exclaimed as she helped him up the steps.

 "Are you OK Rach?" Elena asked her sister pulling her into a tight hug. 

Rachel nodded her head as she pulled Elena closer. 

"I could really use a drink right now." Rachel mumbled.

 Elena pulled back to look at Stefan. 

Rachel looked between the two of them before she walked toward the door. 

"I'll give you two a minute." She whispered as she slowly walked inside. 

She collapsed onto the couch as she let the tears roll down her face. 

She couldn't believe that vampires were real and that one had kidnapped her for the day. 

She watched as Elena slowly closed the door and slid to the floor in tears.

After she got Elena to bed and checked on Jeremy, Rachel walked into her room. 

The window was left open and she quickly ran to close it. 

She turned and looked toward her bed and stared in confusion when she seen her vervain bracelet that Damon took from her. 

She let out a quick breath as she picked it up and quickly clipped it back on. 

She didn't notice Damon staring at her through her window as he watched her with sad eyes as she got ready for bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 485 35
"Nothing's wrong with me, I just haven't had a thousand years to get angry at the world, I'm upset she hurt me, yes, but I don't want her to suffer b...
86.7K 1.7K 82
--Vampire Diaries Fanfiction-- We're all born and one day we all die. But the world isn't that simple. We all know the stories our parents told us be...
41.1K 696 19
Elena Gilbert falls deeply in love with Stefan Salvatore who has a brother named Damon but both brothers have a secret they are both vampires. Elena...