Otherworldly Darkness [Book 5]

By chiskey56

Declan and Owen have been together for as long as anyone could remember. They knew they were mates before the... More

Duat.
Set.
Getting To Know You...
Guess Who's Staying For Dinner.
Daddy Issues.
Best Dessert Ever.
A Lazy Day.
More Family Drama...Of Course.
The Morning After.
Set Who?
Nice To Meet You.
Smut!
Problem Solving.
Finding Our Inner Wolves.
A Trip To Remember.
A Family Reunion Of Sorts.
Just Another Day.
Meanwhile...At Home.
Gone Feral.
Great Escapes and a Mate Named Xerxes.
Just Fluff and Stuff.
Playtime?
Welcome Back.
Remember?
A New Family Addition.
Unexpected Visitors.
A Family Affair.
Not sure yet.
Turning Point.
It Begins.
Almost...
Finale [Part 1]
Finale[Part 2]
Next Book!!

New Home.

15.6K 598 76
By chiskey56

My thoughts were all over the place as we continued our ride through the desert. Owen was tucked into my side with my arm draped over his shoulders. He was absolutely adorable with his eyes closed as he waited patiently for us to reach our destination.

"We've been riding around for forever..." Rue complained as the horses neighed loudly.

"No we really haven't." I laughed.

"It's only been about thirty minutes Rue." Kaya spoke in a low calming voice hoping to soothe her.

"Fine but I don't think that he should live so far away from civilization and if he does I think he should have a better way of getting to it. When we move here we're going to have to make some big changes." She pouted and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Wait! What? Move where?" Owen questioned.

"Move to Duat." She replied with a roll of her eyes.

"Why would we move here?" He asked.

"Would you be willing to leave your mate behind?" She asked us.

"Well...no, I guess not but why can't he come with us?" I asked.

"Seriously?" She questioned. "He runs an entire realm here. He wouldn't be able to just up and leave like that."

"Well maybe he could get someone to run it for him while he's gone because I don't want to leave our dads behind like that." Owen snapped.

'Calm down, we can talk about all that later. For now I'm just glad that you two are accepting me as your mate.' Set's voice echoed in mine, and no doubt Owen's, head.

"I think we're here!" Rue shouted excitedly as the horses began to slow down a bit. We all stood up inside the chariot and looked around to see if we could see Set's home but we saw nothing.

"What the hell?" Rue shouted throwing up her hands in frustration.

"Why are we stopping?" Owen asked just as confused.

I was about to open my mouth to say something when the ground beneath us began to quake. Reaching out I quickly grabbed ahold of Owen, brought him close to me and held on to the side of the chariot to secure us. Peering over the side I watched as the ground split and the sand began to flow like a waterfall into some sort of underground cave.

When I looked closer I could see that it wasn't some kind of earth quake, rather a secret entrance of sorts. There was a metal ramp that led down deeper into the cave that we stood in front of. Set's chariot was still in front of ours and neither him, Amun, or the horses looked fazed which means that this was common for them.

"I think we're okay." I replied standing up straighter as the shaking stopped.

"What was that?" Kaya questioned as he loosened his grip on Rue.

"It looks like a secret entrance." I replied as I watched Set's chariot descend into the dark tunnel before our horses began to follow.

"Really? That's so cool!" Rue shouted excitedly as she jumped out of Kaya's hold and leaned over the side of the chariot to see.

The warmth of the sun that had been warming my bare chest was replaced with the chill of the dark, underground cave which we descended into. The sound of the horses hooves hitting the hard ground echoed off the walls and sounded almost ominous as we carried on.

"I wonder why he has a secret entrance?" I questioned aloud as the only source of light, the entrance to the cave, began to disappear.

We were momentarily shrouded in darkness as the entrance closed with a loud thud. Then as Set's chariot rode on lights began to flicker on the wall as he passed. The path was lit enough for us to see where we were headed but not enough to keep track of where we were going with all the twists and turns.

 The smell of wet dirt surrounded us as we were carried further into the cave. Looking forward after a  few minutes of riding in the shadows I spotted a sliver of light ahead of us. As we drew closer the light grew until we were emerging from the cave-like tunnel and entering a garage of some sort.

We were surrounded with cars that looked more than expensive and I was even afraid to be near for fear of damaging it. Looking over at Owen I noticed his eyes were wide in awe as he stared ahead at the garage full of cars, chariots and even a few motorcycles.

'You like?' Set questioned in our mind.

'Very much!' Owen squealed.

Despite the way our relationship appeared, with me being the dominant more manly one, Owen was the one that was into all the cars and motorcycles. He had two bikes at home and even bought me my beautiful baby, a silver Porshe Carrera GT. 

The horses slowed to a stop in the center of the garage before they stopped beside Set's own chariot. He hopped out followed closely by Amun, Rue quickly moved to the edge of the chariot when she saw Amun approaching. She practically threw herself at him and he moved quickly to try and catch her. Kaya jerked forward and then sighed when he realized that she was alright.

"Can you not do that anymore? You're going to give Kaya a heart attack." Amun's deep voice spoke up.

"Anything you want Mr. Yummy Man." Rue purred.

"Seriously...about disowning her..." Owen questioned seriously as he looked at me.

"We can't." I laughed before moving behind Kaya who hopped out the chariot.

"What a shame." Owen replied sadly.

"You love me!" Rue cheered as she clung to Amun's neck. Kaya stood beside him as the ever present protector of his mate.

"I don't need protecting little hell-hound." Amun laughed but Kaya refused to leave his side.

"He's not going to leave." I laughed as I jumped down before Set could offer his hand to me.

Owen leapt out into my open arms as Set came to stand beside me. He smirked as he watched me hold Owen close to me and it was rather different having another mate already. I wasn't sure how we were supposed to act evens with having our dads as examples.

I don't know how they made it seem so simple. Just the thought alone of having to share Owen with someone else made me a little uneasy but at the same time it kind of turned me on. Thinking about Owen laying beneath someone else writhing and moaning without any type of worries.

"Really?" Owen questioned snapping me from my thoughts.

"What?" I questioned him as I finally let him go.

"Your thoughts are being blasted into my mind and by the way that Set's staring at me I think that he saw them too." Owen smirked.

"Yeah, I saw them and I totally agree. Let's go do that right now. Who's for doing what he thought right now?" Set exclaimed looking around for anyone to agree.

"Lord Set there are many things to take care of today and I feel that our guests may want to rest from their long day out. Isn't that right?" Amun questioned.

"Party poopers." Set grumbled as he moved away from the chariots and headed towards a door thar probably led into his main home.

"What's wrong with him?" Owen questioned to no one in particular.

"Lord Set is an interesting one who has been through much in his centuries of life." Amun replied with a heavy sigh as he followed Set into the house. There was definitely more to that story than the simple explanation he gave.

"Don't upset my big mate." Rue pouted as she reached down, grabbed Kaya's hand and dragged him forward.

Shaking my head and rolling my eyes I did the same and followed behind everyone else. What greeted us blew my mind. In front of us was a home that more grand than anything that I had ever seen and our home was amazing in and of itself once Hephaestus had finished with it.

We were standing in what appeared to be the main hall. There was several hallways that lead away from the main area and you could tell that his home was even more extravagant the further in you went. Rue was staring at the ceiling where a large chandelier hung and gaping at the paintings and lavish decorations that surrounded the room we were standing in.

"Well, this is my home and I guess your home too now." Set opened his arms and gestured widely to the room we were standing in.

"How big is this place and where are you hiding it?" Rue gasped.

"Hiding what?" He questioned sounding completely stunned.

"This house. We didn't see anything as we rode up here." She explained tearing her eyes away from the lavish décor to look at Set.

"Oh, well we keep this place well hidden for certain reasons." Set explained with a pained look on his face.

"So you're trying to keep people out?" She asked. "I guess I can understand that."

"Oh, well yeah I guess that was it." Set replied with a nervous laugh before looking at us.

"Don't look at us. We don't know why she's so forward." I laughed.

"So what do you have here besides the amazing garage filled with pretty shiny things?" Owen asked Set.

Set's eyes flickered brightly as he turned his attention to Owen. He strolled over with long strides and stood before Owen and I with a small smirk on his face. He reached forward and pushed a strand of Owen's hair out of his face as his eyes scanned over his face.

"Well for you I have a beautiful bed that's just big enough for the three of us to squeeze into. There's also a large Jacuzzi that can fit the three of us and if we try really hard we can even fit into my shower together. There's also a pool that we can break in properly and there's a-" Set continued to speak before Amun cut in.

"Lord Set I think it's best to show them to their rooms before planning anything else. You also have paperwork that needs to be done by today otherwise Osiris will show up here or send Horus."

"We really don't want that." Set answered as he shivered in disgust.

"No we do not." Amun replied with a small bow of his head.

"Fine, I suppose I'll go do some work and you can show the four of them where they can sleep." He instructed. "Make sure that you don't forget to get that message out to Thananatos in the morning and I'll see you two very soon." Set winked but moved off down one of the hallways towards where his office undoubtedly was.

"There are plenty of rooms from which you four can choose from but with the way things are going I'm going to assume that you two will want to stay close to Set and you two will try to stay close to me." Amun stated as he began to walk down another hallway.

"Of course honey bunches of oat." Rue chirped as she quickly followed behind him and Kaya simply shrugged his shoulders as if he couldn't care either way.

"Do we get any other options?" I asked.

"Yes you do but with the way Lord Set is acting right now I don't think he would allow you to be too far from him." He explained as we turned down another hallway that was actually a bridge that connected one side of the house to the other. Underneath us was what appeared to be a mini rainforest with exotic looking plants, a lake and everything.

"What's that?" Rue questioned as she stopped and peered over the edge.

"It's Lord Set's personal garden. He get's different plants and animals that he likes and puts them in there and somehow they all get along and work well." Amun explained.

"How long have you worked for Set?" I asked out of nowhere as Kaya grabbed Rue's hand and pulled her along as we kept walking.

"Set took me in about thirteen centuries ago and since then I have decided to serve under him." He explained.

'There's more to that story than he's telling us.' Kaya's voice was calm but curious.

"Yes there is more to that story, unfortunately I don't think now is the time to tell you nor do I trust you enough yet to let you know." He explained as he opened a door and led us through.

"How did you hear that?" Kaya questioned.

"I told you I'm not a simple creature pup. I can do most things that shifters and other creatures cannot."

"What are you?" Kaya asked inquisitively. I know it was killing him to not know anything about this man who seemed to know so much about him from the start.

"Oh how I'd rather show you than tell you." He hissed lowly sounding more like a snake than anything.

"I'd like to see that too.' Rue growled lowly in her mind.

"Hmmm...You too my little spitfire." Amun spoke up turning towards Rue.

'How come he can have fun and I can't?' Set questioned in our minds sounding bored and frustrated.

"Ignore Lord Set, he can be quite childish at times." Amun smirked as he turned back around and reached for the handle of a door that was in front of us.

'Ignore Amun he's a jerk sometimes.' Set mocked in a deep voice which I'm assuming was supposed to be Amun.

"This will be where you're staying unless you have any objections Rue and Kaya." He motioned as he threw the door open and showed the two of them their room.

The room was larger than the one we had at home and would have probably have fit our entire living room in there. It was like a mini apartment instead of just a room, with a kitchen and everything. Rue squealed and pushed past us as she hurried into the room excitedly. She jumped on the bed and then rolled off before running to the kitchen, throwing open the fridge and giggling like a little girl before running back to Amun and leaping at him.

"Thank you my yummy mate." She replied as she kissed all over his face before landing one right on his lips.

At first Amun was trying to pull her away but the more persistent she was the more he relaxed into it. Soon enough they were fully making out as he backed her against the nearest wall. Reaching up he threaded his fingers into her bright red hair and pulled it to the side, pulling her head down as well, exposing her neck. She moaned out as he began kissing and nipping at her neck.

"So...umm...Kaya can you pull them apart before they get too out of hand?" I questioned.

Turning to look at Kaya I could have slapped myself in the forehead for even thinking that he would have stopped them. Kaya was two seconds from panting as he watched both of his mates make out heavily. He sucked his bottom lip into his mouth and chewed on it as he took a step forward.

"Well we're just going to go now." I announced as I grabbed Owen's hand and went further down the hallway. None of them even acknowledged us or acted as if we had even been there to begin with. I had no idea where I was going but I wasn't about to stand there and watch my sister get molested by the two of them.

"Where are we going?" Owen questioned as I pulled him along.

"I don't know." I replied. 'Set where are you?'

'Keep walking straight and then take the first right, then the first left and go into the room at the end of the hall.' He directed me.

Following his directions I walked down the hall and found the doorway at the end of the hall. Opening it and walking in before really looking around I realized that it wasn't his office instead it was a bedroom. It was larger than the one Amun had shown to Kaya and Rue as their bedroom and there were large windows that showed the desert and the setting sun to us. It was absolutely breath taking with a view that would have left me speechless had Set not come up and scare me.

"It's beautiful isn't it." He whispered in between Owen and I causing us both to jump.

"What is wrong with you?" Owen shouted.

"Lot's of things." Set laughed. "So what brings you here to my room?"

"You." I replied in confusion.

"I know but weren't you supposed to be on a little tour with Amun?" He questioned.

"Yeah but when he started making out with our sister we decided to leave." Owen replied as he let go of my hand and went to explore the room. He jumped onto the bed and then laid down on the bed with his arms out and his eyes closed as he relaxed into the bed. My beautiful mate was even more beautiful with the light from the setting sun filling the room and ghosting over him.

***********************************************************

Owen's POV

Everything was just so new, so different, so amazing. I had two mates and it was amazingly different but I loved it. Set was a bit off but I'm sure we'd get to know him soon but Declan wasn't as receptive as I was about the whole mate thing.

Declan didn't really trust many people that his wolf didn't okay first and even then he was still a bit stand offish with them. I could see in his eyes when he talked to Set that he was trying but it was so hard to trust him and let go of his emotions.

I could already feel the connection between the three of us and I knew that this was meant to be but I think that Declan was fighting it. He didn't know how to let other's in and in the end I was afraid that it was going to hurt him. Our fathers were the only other ones besides me that he ever truly let in. He never even accepted Alpha Alaric into his life like he did our dads.

"What are you thinking about?" Set's voice washed over me.

"I'm thinking about all of us." I replied honestly.

"What about us?" He questioned.

"I'm wondering how this is going to work. I'm sure there are some things that you're keeping from us and there are definitely a thing or two that we're keeping from you. Obviously we have some sort of connection that we all feel but at the same time we don't know each other at all. I don't want to act like you automatically owe me explanations and I expect the same kind of courtesy from you." I replied sitting up on the bed and staring Set in the face.

"Well aren't you the talkative one all of a sudden?" Set looked astonished as he sat down beside me. Declan sat on the other side and tried to discreetly interlock our fingers to bring himself some type of comfort.

"I'm usually the voice of reason in this relationship. Declan just sorts of acts on impulses and I am the one that keeps him from doing something stupid, although that doesn't always work. I'm also the one that expresses our emotions to others since our mate here doesn't really express himself well." I explained.

"I gathered that from the reaction that he has towards me. It seems that you're easier to trust this connection and more willing to accept it. Declan, you're still very hesitant and I can't understand why because I have yet to do anything that should warrant the doubt that you have of me." He replied.

"How about kidnapping us?" He replied crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well it can't be considered a kidnapping now that you want to be here." Set laughed.

"Who said we wanted to be here?" Declan questioned.

The hurt that flashed in Set's eyes were quickly masked by a teasing glint and a smile to match. He could probably hide it from Declan but I was quick to read people and right now he was hurt and he couldn't understand why Declan didn't want him. But in Declan's defense he didn't know how to get past that feeling of 'what if'.

What if Set doesn't really want us? What happens if Set gives up? What if Set doesn't love us when he finds out our past? What if this and what if that and a million more what if's that fill his mind every minute. I could see that Set would probably be willing to love us but Declan was hurt and he would be broken for a while.

"Well if you didn't want to be here with me right now then why would you be reacting like this?" He questioned standing up in front of us.

"Reacting like what?" He questioned confused before he looked at me and then back at Set who was smiling down at the both of us.

Before either of us could question him anymore an invisible force had us slammed down on the plush bed that lay beneath us. Instantly I went on the defensive or at least tried to because there was no way I could actually move. Set stood above us smirking dangerously.

His wavy hair had fallen into his face as he leaned over smiling. I wanted to reach up and push it out his face but my hand was being held down so I didn't get very far. Declan's wolf had surfaced beneath the surface and he was growling low and dangerously.

"What are you doing?" He growled out.

"Making you want to stay." Set replied calmly as he leaned even closer.

"Wh-What are yo-you doin-doing?" Declan stuttered sounding more vulnerable then ever.

"Nothing." He replied innocently as he leaned even closer. His hands were now on either side of Declan's face and I was able to turn my head just enough to see what was about to happen. Declan was pressing his body into the bed since that was the only way we could actually move.

In a quick movement Set pushed his lips against Declan's in a gentle kiss that soon turned heated. Declan's eyes fluttered close as he began to move along with Set's lips. Set re-positioned himself so that he was holding himself up on one elbow as the other hand ran through Declan's short hair pulling him even closer to him and deepening the kiss.

Set pulled away and lightly brushed his lips against Declan's again in the soft kiss it was originally meant to be. At that moment I realized that Declan was no longer being held down by whatever invisible force was being used to keep us in place. He leaned up as Set moved away trying to continue the kiss.

"No more for you little pup." Set chuckled before he set his eyes on me. "How about you? You need to be convinced that you should stay here?"

"Yes please." I replied without hesitation.

"Mmm...So eager. I like that." He mused as he leaned down and pressed his soft lips to my own.

He hungrily devoured my lips as I pressed back up into him. In a random spurt of courage I bit down on his bottom lip and when he parted them to moan I slipped my tongue into his mouth to get a better taste of him. His hands gripped my hips and he pulled me up and without a second thought I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck in an effort to hold on.

The kiss continued for a second or two longer with me holding on for dear life before he slowly pulled away from me. He looked into my eyes and I stared into his light green eyes and melted instantly. His eyes spoke of untold adventures, passionate nights and the naughtiest things that the three of us could do but more importantly it spoke of love.

"I guess we can stay for a while." Declan murmured from the bed.

Turning around I blushed remembering that Declan had just been sitting there watching us make out like we were alone. His eyes were glued to us and it was obvious by the large bulge in his pants that he was turned on. Judging by how calm he was I don't think his wolf seemed to mind being here either.

"Well if you're going to be staying here then where would you like to stay? You can sleep in here with me or you can sleep next door in the room besides this one." He replied as he set me back down on the bed.

Reluctantly I unwrapped my arms from around his neck and sat back down next to Declan who instantly wrapped one arm around my waist. Set looked down at us and pushed that strand of hair out of his face that had been bothering me for a while.

'What do you think?' I questioned Declan.

'I don't know. It's really up to you.' He replied.

'No. Don't do that. It's both of our decisions. Do you want to stay in here yes or no. Just rely on your heart. What is it telling you to do?' I answered.

I could see the wheels in his mind turning and working as he tried to think about it. He wasn't sure what to do and I knew this would be a hard decision but he couldn't rely on me to make all the emotional decisions when it came to this relationship. He would have to contribute in some way to the emotional side of things.

"So have you two come to a decision? Or shall we take a vote?" Set questioned. "We should vote. What say you Declan?" He asked Dec before we could even respond to his initial question.

"I...I think that...that....um....maybe we could just stay here tonight." He managed to get the last part out fine even if it was a little rushed.

My cheeks actually hurt from the smile that was on my face. I was excited to hear that he was at least trying to get closer to Set and this would definitely be a good start to something new with him. Set's eyes lit up in excitement before he leaned down pressed his lips to Declan's before kissing all over his face.

Declan laughed, genuinely laughed, and pushed Set away playfully and it kind of shocked me. He was always so serious that when he actually did laugh like that every once in a while it made something inside me flutter to life.

"Well then I guess it's settled, we'll be staying in here tonight." I laughed just before I was attacked by Set in the same way. He kissed my lips, careful to keep it light, and then Declan joined in and soon ever inch of my face and neck was being kissed by my sweet mates. If this was any indication of how our future would be then I would gladly stay here with Set.

*************************************************

I hope you liked this new chapter. I know it's a bit shorter than the other's but that's just the way it ended up. I'm not sure if I'm going to be doing another chapter with Owen's POV ever again but I wanted to at least try it to see how it would work out. Make sure you VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 198 51
The Badger Series (Book 11) Can be a stand alone. Warning: BoyxBoy Leon Badger and Noel Badger are identical twins, but they couldn't be any more o...
122 8 8
two guys in school absolutely hate each other making each other's lives a hell hole but soon enough their bond becomes strong.
9K 252 15
*DISCONTINUED* "What are the stars telling you tonight?" Declan Marcs and Seth Clearwater were made for one another, but the world was not made for t...
424 0 16
Zach and Colby are very flirty friends that constantly get shipped together. What happens when they get paired together to share a cabin on a week lo...