Wanting To Be A Hero

By Chronos-Aeon

Y/N is a sniper filled with secrets. Just trying to find his place in the world by helping people in any way... More

First Contact
New Life
Initiation
Initiation Pt. 2
Getting Settled In And Resolution.
Defy Fate
A Quick Talk

Introductions

5.7K 48 110
By Chronos-Aeon

Yang: Guys! Over here! I saved you a spot!

Ruby: Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony!

Ruby grabs your hand and pulls you with her while you wave bye to Jaune

Jaune: Hey, wait! (sighs) Ah, great. Where am I supposed to find another nice, quirky girl to talk to?!

Yang: How's your first day going?

(Y/N): Could be better.

Ruby: You mean since you ditched me and I exploded?

Yang: Yikes! Meltdown already?

Ruby: No, I literally exploded a hole in front of the school! And there was some fire, and I think some ice...?

Yang: Are you being sarcastic?

(Y/N): If only she was.

Ruby: I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage, and then she yelled at me, and then I sneezed, and then I exploded, and then she yelled at me again, and I felt really, really bad, and I just wanted her to stop yelling at me!

Weiss: You!

Ruby: Oh, God, it's happening again!

Weiss: You're lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff!

Yang: Oh, my God, you really exploded...

(Y/N): I'm still unable to believe it.

Ruby: It was an accident. It was an accident!

Weiss hands Y/N and Ruby a Pamphlet

Ruby and (Y/N): What's this?

Weiss: The Schnee Dust Company is not responsible for any injuries or damages sustained while operating a Schnee Dust Company product. Although not mandatory, the Schnee Family highly encourages their customers to read and familiarize themselves with this easy to follow guide to Dust applications and practices in the field.

Ruby: Uuhhh...?

Weiss: You really wanna start making things up to me?

Ruby: Absolutely?

Weiss: Read this, and don't ever speak to me again.

(Y/N): Ok I think we need to calm down for a second and talk this out.

Weiss: Oh and you especially I don't want you to speak to me!

(Y/N): What?! Why?!

Weiss: Because you are even worse than her!

Y/N: I haven't even done anything?!

Yang: Look, uh, it sounds like you three just got off on the wrong foot. Why don't you start over and try to be friends, okay?

Ruby: Yeah! Great idea, sis! Hello, Weiss! I'm Ruby! Wanna hang out? We can go shopping for school supplies!

Weiss: Yeah! And we can paint our nails and try on clothes and talk about cute boys, like tall, blond, and scraggly over there! (Jaune, in the background, picks up on the mention)

Ruby: Wow, really?!

Weiss: No.

Everyone's attention is now drawn towards the stage where the blonde female huntsman from their last encounter was present and a man with grey hair and glasses.

Ozpin: I'll... keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge, to hone your craft and acquire new skills, and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction. You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step.

Glynda: You will gather in the ballroom tonight; tomorrow, your initiation begins. Be ready. You are dismissed.

Yang: He seemed kind of... off.

Ruby: It's almost like he wasn't even there.

Jaune: (approaching Weiss from the side) I'm a natural blond, you know!

Timeskip To The Evening

Yang: It's like a big slumber party!

Ruby: I don't think Dad would approve of all the boys, though.

Yang: I know I do!

Yang looks towards Y/N seeing that he hasn't changed his attire since they meet

Yang: So are you ever going to change out your clothes so I can see what you are packing under there~?

(Y/N): Oh I don't think you will be able to handle it, Yang. I think I might be too much for you.

Yang: Someone's little confident. I like that~

Ruby: Yang! Sorry about her. I have a question for you too. Not about your clothes though. So Y/N do you have a last name?

(Y/N): It's F/N, F/N L/N.

Ruby: That's a pretty cool name.

Yang: Yeah! It's different! I really like it! So...about those clothes?

(Y/N): Nah I'm used to sleeping in what I'm in, I've been doing it for what seems a lifetime.

Yang: Aaawww come on!

(Y/N): Maybe someday Yang.

Y/N and Yang continue to talk while Ruby scans the room.

Ruby: That girl...

Yang: You know her?

Ruby: Not really. She saw what happened this morning, but left before I could say anything.

Yang: Well, now's your chance, to make some more friends!

Ruby: Wait! What are you doing?!

Yang: Hel-looooo! I believe you two may know each other?

Blake: Aren't you... that girl that exploded?

(Y/N): Still trying to understand how that could happen to someone on their first day of school. I mean it had only been like 5 minutes then, BOOM.

Ruby: Uh, yeah! My name's Ruby! But you can just call me Crater...Actually, you can just call me Ruby.

Blake: Okay.

Yang: What are you doing?

Ruby: I don't know - help me!

Yang: So... What's your name?

Blake: Blake.

Yang: Well, Blake, I'm Yang, Ruby's older sister! I like your bow!

Blake: Thanks!

Yang: It goes great with your... pajamas!

Blake: Right...

Yang: Nice night, don't you think?

Blake: Yes - it's lovely! Almost as lovely as this book! That I will continue to read. As soon as you leave!

Yang: Yeah, this girl's a lost cause.

Ruby: What's it about?

Blake: Huh?

Ruby: Your book. Does it have a name?

Blake: Well... i-it's about a man with two souls, each fighting for control over his body.

Yang: Oh, yeah... That's really lovely!

Ruby: I love books. Yang used to read to me every night before bed. Stories of heroes and monsters... They're one of the reasons I want to be a Huntress!

Blake: And why is that? Hoping you'll live happily ever after?

Ruby: Well, I'm hoping we all will. As a girl, I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books... Someone who fought for what was right, and protect people who couldn't protect themselves!

Blake: That's... very ambitious for a child. Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale.

(Y/N): That's a pretty narrow view of the world there? I mean everything we are here to do is to train to save people and if that doesn't mean we are heroes then I don't know what is?

Blake: I guess so... What's your name by the way?

(Y/N): It's F/N, F/N L/N

Blake: Well Y/N I don't know how you see the world, but life isn't always sunshine and rainbows. Especially for a specific set of people here in Remnant, life just wants to push them down into the ground.

(Y/N): I don't believe the world to be sunshine and rainbows either. But life is as easy or as hard as you make it out to be. Everything you do or don't do is up to you. If life pushes them into the ground all they have to do is push back. Life is always so hard, but also very simple.

All three of the girls just looked at Y/N with dumbfounded faces.

(Y/N): But that's just my point of view. I'm just someone you just meet, what would I know?

Weiss: What in the world is going on over here?! Don't you realize some of us are trying to sleep?

Weiss and Yang: Oh, not you again!

Weiss: Oh and not you too.

(Y/N): Ok Miss Schnee it seems like you don't like me one bit and I don't want that to happen on my first day so can we start all over? Names F/N, F/N L/N.

Weiss: Well Y/N since I've decided that this bickering is a little childish I will forgive you. Nice to meet you my name is Weiss.

Ruby: Shh! Guys, she's right people are trying to sleep!

Weiss: Oh, now you're on my side!

Ruby: I was always on your side!

Yang: Yeah, what's your problem with my sister? She's only trying to be nice!

Weiss: She's a hazard to my health!

Blake, who rolls her eyes at the fight, simply closes her book, reaches over to grab her candle, and blows it out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 7 43
RWBY AU: Volume One: In a world where the dark creatures of Grimm roam and attack its inhabitants, a profession exists to protect both Human and Fau...
311 2 13
Y/N is a wolf fannus from outside the kingdom of Vale. This is a more fledged out version of my one shot, so I hope you enjoy. Sorry that some of rev...
84.2K 639 10
I legit don't remember the description here. Just be warned, mature content ahead. Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY. All characters from RWBY are own...
5.3K 33 70
Follow 4 young hunters as they find their way back in the main land after 3 long years within the New World. All four have to adapt to a world, unlik...