It's Just Not That Easy

بواسطة itseasycantyousee

Relationships, friendships, college life... Teenage life is difficult, extremely difficult; especially when e... المزيد

The part that no one cares about.
Chapter 1: The Beginning of Him.
Chapter 2: They come in fours?
Chapter 3: the Bonding session
Chapter 4: the Bonding session; in his apartment
Chapter 5: Almost Is Never Enough
Chapter 6: Katie 1, Luke 0
Chapter 7: Consequences
Chapter 8: Boundaries I thought we'd passed
Chapter 9: A Beautiful Coincidence
Chapter 10: It's Not That Deep
Chapter 11: You're the biggest clutz I know
Chapter 12: For The Spring
Chapter 13: What has it been, 5 minutes?
Chapter 14: Mid-life Crisis... at 18
Chapter 15: I'm Not Him
Chapter 16: It's Been A While
Chapter 17: I Didn't Know
Chapter 18: Again
Chapter 19: The Worst In Me
Chapter 20: The Worst In You
Chapter 21: Broken Bones
Chapter 22: False Hope
Chapter 23: Peaceful
Chapter 24: Girl Code
Chapter 25: Labels
Chapter 27: Easy As That
Chapter 28: The Truth Will Break Us
Chapter 29: Under The Influence
Chapter 30: A Blind Eye

Chapter 26: The Beginning Of The End

34 9 11
بواسطة itseasycantyousee

The door knocked. Wednesday night, it could have been anyone. I jumped on my skateboard, skating over to it. My eyes went wide as I braced myself for impact, banging into it and laughing. I opened it up, sliding myself back in the process to be met by the beautiful, arrogant body that was Grogan. He leaned against the frame of the door smirking.

"What do I owe the pleasure?" He grinned really wide making me smile too, I hadn't seen him this happy in a while. He blinked a few times trying to focus on me, he was drunk. I giggled as I realised.

"Just wanted to come and tell you something important, darlin'" I pushed my lips together, letting out a laugh and jumped off my skateboard, making me drop in height a little.

"Oh yeah?" He nodded and knocked off the wall. He held his hand out so I put mine lightly in his. He pulled me towards him, but I ended up trying to keep him straight, pushing his chest with his other hand. I couldn't stop giggling at how wasted he was.

"It's top secret you can't tell anyone..." He whispered. I smiled, knowing it was going to be a load of rubbish.

"Okay..." I dragged out. He was standing super close anyways but he came down to whisper right next to my ear.

"Pete, and Dylan, and Aodhan and me... I even, are in a band named Alcohol Poisoning" He was trying to whisper but it wasn't working. My heart sunk to the floor, freezing in place. He was really fidgety so his lips kept brushing my ear. "We went zooming around Europe but we were supposed to be at home in Ireland so you have to shhhh" He leaned back placing his finger on my lips. My eyebrows were raised, mouth open slightly. "You can't tell Katie okay, as we all made a plan and she is the only one who doesn't know" He was nodding his head up and down whispering. I had no words. They were the band that sung the song he sung to me, if I remembered correctly. Which meant he was lying, right? He was drunk, to the point he could hardly stand up. "Did you hear me?" I nodded and he grinned. He held his finger up to say like one more thing. He slowly tipped my head up and nonchalantly kissed me. I was in shock, my hand was already resting on his chest so I pushed him back instantly. What the fuck was he doing? He was definitely drunk, I could taste the alcohol in his mouth.

"Oh god" He dragged out, making me jump a little. I knew he didn't mean to kiss me, he was drunk, but Pete witnessing it meant he wouldn't get away with it. He was smiling wide at me. I pushed my lips together, looking back at Pete who was just as shocked as I was.

"Grogan, your stupid ass is drunk" I groaned, trying to push him back a little. He came back up close to me but I couldn't move.

"Will you find Katie for me?" He whisper shouted down to me. He turned around and seen Pete, stumbling over to him and putting both hands on him, leaving me standing there at my door. "Pete, we have lost Katie" I was too confused to even laugh. Pete was still frozen too so he didn't do anything. Luke tumbled into their room and off to nowhere. Pete was still looking at me with his mouth open slightly. I didn't know how much he heard. I just shook my head, stepping back and slamming my door shut. I could still feel his lips on mine but it was all fake. Were they all really in a band? I went to grab my laptop to search it, but I was too scared. Too frightened to find out the truth. I didn't want to confirm that the boys I knew and loved weren't who I thought they were. He was drunk. I'm sure it was all just a drunken mistake. A drunken lie in his bouncing imagination. That's all I could hope for. That's all I was going to believe, throwing it to the back on my mind. I was annoyed though, and technically I didn't really have a reason to be, I was just moody.

The next day I woke up a bit more forgiving. It was still on my mind but I was kinda laughing about it, it was funny looking at retrospectively. I got ready to go shopping with Aodhan and knocked on their door. I always went shopping with him on Fridays. I didn't know whether to tell him or not. Maybe miss out the part about the band. I wanted to know if it was true but I didn't want anything to change. It was like I was fuelling their own lie against me but I felt like I wasn't ready to hear it yet, and it probably wasn't even true and I didn't want to make a show of myself. Luke opened it smiling at me and motioning inside. His hair was messy and he was wearing baggy clothes. I smirked, biting my lip slightly at how tired he looked.

"Hey, you okay?" I smiled and nodded, him slamming the door behind me and walking over to the kitchen.

"Hungover?" I proposed, laughing at him groan in response.

"Where is Aodhan?" He always knows I come over on a Friday. He scratched the back of his neck as I waited by the door. He wasn't acting different, meaning he clearly didn't remember what happened yesterday. I was trying my best to reciprocate the non-awkward feeling, but I was struggling.

"Aodhan is currently throwing up in the toilet... I told him I'd come with you today!" He sipped some of his coffee from the mug he was holding. "I think last night was a messy one!" He chuckled to himself, putting the mug down and grabbing his car keys. Tell me about it.

"Oh no, it's fine!" I insisted. "We can go another time!" He jogged over to me, opening the door behind me. He pulled a face at my hesitation.

"I'm ready, let's go!" He ushered me out the door quickly, giving me no time to retaliate, ugh. We got down the car in silence. I was making things awkward but I couldn't help it. We climbed in the car and I pulled my seat belt over me slipping my shoes off. I loves Luke's car so much, like I have said to him and everyone many times. It was so pretty and he knew I liked it so much. I don't know how he afforded it mind but that's not something you ask someone.

"Out with it" I snapped out my gaze and looked over at him. He was staring at me intensely, trying to read my face. "What have I done?" The position I was in was suggesting I was already facing him anyways but I wasn't looking until now.

"Hmmm?" I questioned. I was blushing lightly I could feel it, predicting the conversation we were about to have in my head. I'm surprised he hadn't sussed there was something up a bit earlier to be honest, I normally never shut up.

"You've hardly said a word to me today and you won't even look at me" He put the keys in the ignition and pulled out of the kerb, turning his head and keeping focus on the road, which was so hot. What was with boys and driving that made them so attractive? I loved watching him drive, which was weird but I didn't care.

"Do you remember what happened last night?" I asked quietly. He started laughing trying to think, before shaking his head.

"No, not at all, why?" My heart sunk slightly. His lips had touched mine, it was all I could think about and he couldn't even remember. I decided against talking about his band, his supposed band. He was actually really hot; all the boys were. Everything started clicking together in my head. They dressed really, really well for teenage boys. Luke "worked in a video shop on minimum wage" paying for an apartment and a fucking white range rover. I wondered if he had an album, how well they were doing. It hurt than none of them wanted to share that part of themselves with me. I obviously wasn't that important that they felt the need to do so. Maybe if I just slowly drifted away from them, everything will go unheard. I don't want to tell them I know, I don't want them to tell me they are in a damn band. I didn't want to know what it was, I didn't want anything to change.

"Katie?!"His loud voice broke me out of my thoughts, once again.

"Mmm" I realised I hadn't heard a word he had been saying. He laughed shortly.

"Just tell me what happened, I want you to be looking at me by the time this conversation is over..." I didn't say anything "It's obviously on your mind" I coughed awkwardly.

"I think you should ask Pete" I suggested. I didn't want to tell him anything that Pete hadn't seen, and if Pete hadn't seen much then I wasn't going to tell him much. I wasn't going to unnecessarily put my foot in the mud.

"I saw Pete this morning and he didn't tell me anything" He spoke, growing irritated. I huffed. I didn't want to tell him but I would rather it stopped being awkward.

"It's awkward, ask one of the boys!" I insisted. "Or Pete, since he seen it" I mumbled.

"We can stop the awkwardness when you tell me" I sighed and just came out with it. It's not like it affects him anyway, he'll probably be embarrassed if anything. But then again, when was Luke Grogan ever embarrassed.

"You came over to my room last night" He laughed.

"Did I? What for?" I laughed a bit too. From what I saw, and think, Pete only saw the part where he kissed me. If what Luke says is correct, surely he would have told the boys what he whispered but maybe he didn't hear. Hopefully he didn't hear. If Luke finds out I know in this moving car, I have nowhere to escape too. That, or it's not even true and I'm panicking for nothing.

"Luke, please ask Pete" I pleaded. He laughed, shaking his head a bit. He tossed his phone over to my lap.

"Put it on loud speaker then" for fucks sake. I grumbled making him laugh. "I'm sure you could have told me!" It started ringing and I just sat looking at it.

"What's up" He dragged out, picking up straight away. "Luke are you driving?" Luke put his finger up to his lips telling me to be quiet.

"At a red light, it's on loudspeaker!" He answered quickly.

"Oh sweet, what do you want?

"Did anything happen last night?" He shrugged nearly laughing, probably because he didn't ask subtly, he just went for it. Pete just burst out laughing, for a good few seconds before he could get his words out.

"Bro, you don't remember?" Luke was laughing too, everyone was laughing...

"Uh, no, I don't!" Luke spoke, his cheerfulness dropping a little.

"This is bad" He dragged out the end.

"What? Why?" He was still so focused on the road. His laugh turned into a nervous one.

"You really want to know whilst you're driving?" Pete spoke amusingly.

"Stop being so dramatic! What did I do already?"

"Well you went over to Katie's room..." Silence filled the car, as he turned the radio down instantly as I shuffled slowly in my seat.

"Okay" He hesitated. "What did I say?" Pete continued laughing like he had been the entire phone call.

"You did more than just say something mate..." I was still looking at Luke but this is when he got serious.

"Ashton just fucking tell me" His mood changing immediately. There was a bit of silence and a shuffle before he spoke again.

"I didn't see all off it, I was getting our shit out the car!" He started, making Luke frown. "When I came back up you were leaning against the door talking to her..." Okay, what Luke said was definitely a lie, if it was the truth Pete would have been making a much bigger deal about it surely. "Then you just grabbed her hand and kissed her..." His face tensed up, and I looked down and away for a bit. I feel like I should be embarrassed but it wasn't me who done it.

"Then what?" He spoke lowly.

"She pushed you away, then you told her that you were looking for Katie" Pete was laughing as he spoke. "as if she wasn't standing in front of ya" He coughed, only trying to be dramatic. "Then you gracefully stumbled back into the flat" I hit my hand with my face trying to control my laughed. Luke was nearly laughing but he just went so red...

"That's it right?" That's it... Nice.

"Well, you ran into the flat" There was a bit of silence. Luke was mad and I could see it. He pulled over in a random street with nothing but a park and a few houses. He slowly took his hands off the wheel. I pushed my lips together, looking round dramatically making it obvious I was confused why he stopped. "I was pretending to be shocked, so I kind of just stood there looking at her" I pushed my lips together at the new information I was hearing. "Obviously, I knew you kissed her bro, she obviously just doesn't know you tell us everything..." My head like turned towards him, he was blushing lightly. "And what do you mean is that it though? Bro you fucking kissed your girl again, like?" Luke quickly grabbed his phone taking it off loudspeaker, holding it up to his ear and jumping out the car and slamming the door. Great, he was now mad. He had his back to me first but then he started pacing outside the car. I could tell he was half arguing with him. After a good 10 minutes, he started to smile in the conversation. I just looked out the other window and soon enough the other door opened and he fell back into the car. He just sat there for a bit. I looked at him for a second and he moved his gaze to me but I just looked away back out the window.

"We have to go back" Great, now he didn't want to be around me... I shook my head loosely. He put his seat belt on and motioned for me to do the same. He did a quick U-turn and carried on down the road.

"Drive me to the supermarket or let me out the car..." I complained, I didn't have time to go back home then come back out again.

"I was drunk" He answered, ignoring everything I had said. I laughed, half scoffing.

"Figures..." I bent down and put my shoes on. Luke leaned over and pressed the button that locked all the doors.

"Drive me there, or open the doors" I said firmly, watching him roll his eyes at me. He was so annoying.

"You're so fucking annoying" ?????? Was he really going to act like I was the one in the wrong?

"Let me out of the car..." I wasn't going to start an argument, but I could tell that's where we were headed.

"I am driving on a road; do you have a death wish?" He spoke down to me.

"I will do if you don't let me out the car" I emphasised at the end. He was being difficult on purpose. He hadn't even told me why he wanted to go back home.

"You're not funny, shut up" He mumbled.

"Don't tell me what to do" I fired back.

"Stop making smart arse comments then"

"Maybe if you stopped trying to control me, I wouldn't have to make any..." I exaggerated slightly.

"Bullshit, get over yourself" He was so up his own ass, he didn't care for what he said.

"Let me out the car" He laughed sarcastically, shaking my head.

"We're on a main road, 5 miles away from the apartments... Not a chance" I rolled my eyes dramatically. I raised an eyebrow at him. He was still looking at the road.

"I'll phone the boys..." He laughed at me. "I'll phone my mum..." I threatened.

"Your mum will be thankful I am keeping your little ass safe" I rolled my eyes once again. I grumbled and picked my phone up to phone Dylan. I presumed Aodhan would still be incapacitated. It rung and he answered. If he wasn't going to listen to me, the boys were my only hope.

"Hi" Dylan dragged out.

"Dylan, Luke won't let me get out the car." I said immediately. He laughed down the phone. "Hello by the way" I mumbled.

"What's the situation?" He asked intrigued.

"We were driving to the shops and he gets moody and says were driving back home! We haven't reached anywhere yet" I tried to make him see how unreasonable he was being.

"Why is he mad?

"I don't know, must have got his period..." He scoffed. If boys made those jokes about us, I was going to make them about him.

"Oh, how mature are you..." He squinted, shaking his head.

"You're the one driving back because you're so embarrassed you kissed me!" I shot. He was being an idiot and I was going to call him out. "It's not like you haven't done it before" He just huffed and grabbed the wheel tighter.

"Whoa, I am so out of the loop right now..." Dylan chimed in.

"Dylan, I need to go the shops and he won't let me out the car..."

"Luke had kissed you before?" He said, trying to act shocked. I rolled my eyes.

"I know you know, you don't have to pretend you don't" He chuckled.

"Put me on speakerphone" He told me, turning more serious but clearly more amused. I took the phone from my ear, turned up the sound and clicked the speaker.

"Okay" I mumbled.

"What's the craic Luke, you okay?" I pulled a face and put my hands up, I thought he was going to help me.

"Yeah mate, just driving back home so I can get away from the moaner" I breathed out really heavy.

"Let me out your car and I would be away from you!" I urged.

"Luke, let her out the car..." Finally, Dylan was helping me.

"Dude, I'm on a main road, I can't let her out the car!" He said grumpily, trying to prove he was right. He wasn't right.

"Just pull over, she can get a taxi home or the bus" Thanks Dylan.

"I don't know where we are, you could get lost..." He pushed his lips together, speaking more firmly now.

"I know my fucking town Luke! If you had forgotten, I have lived here all my life!

"She's right" Dylan chimed in. "She can make her own way back to the flat" I scoffed.

"I'll be going back to see my mum, so I don't have to see your face for the rest of the night" He laughed at me harshly.

"Fine" He spoke loudly. "I'll let you out the car! Just to shut you up, you're giving me a headache" I laughed. Good. I'm glad I was.

"Like I care, dickhead..."

"Thank you Dylan"

"Thank you Dylan" He mimicked. I squinted, pulling a face at him.

"Who's the mature one now" I hung up the phone and Luke pulled over and unlocked the doors. I opened it and jumped out immediately, letting the air hit me.

"Katie wait..." I stopped and looked at him with the door open, I shrugged my shoulders.

"What do you want?" I shook my head, waiting for him to speak.

"Bring my jacket, it's cold..." He has to be the most temperamental person I know. I rolled my eyes, slamming his door and started walking. I saw him speed past me as he drove off. Idiot.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

196 4 17
"The whole thing sounds like something from a soap opera. Your mom bringing in some stranger to live with you, getting involved with your soccer coac...
1.1K 200 46
A college music fest changes Amy's & her friend's life. Will it be easier for them or d other way around? Follow them on their path in seeking friend...
773 64 31
My family and I never stayed in one place for more than a year, I've seen more of the world in my short time than most people will see in their entir...
1.3K 234 33
Everyone might not have a magical love life and for me it was full of hardships. Sometimes life is all about sacrifice but its not that easy when it...