Taken

By SePtEmBeR_SaPpHiRe13

The human world isn't of any concern to Mallory anymore. High school dramas and Algebra tests are nothing com... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue

Chapter 5

144K 3K 451
By SePtEmBeR_SaPpHiRe13

YAY UPDATE TIME!! So, I want to appologize ahead of time for the aweful fight scene. I wasn't really sure how to do that one... /:( oh well, i did my best. Hope you guys like!

ENJOY!!

Chapter 5

Mallory’s POV

                Damien once again banged on the bathroom door but I ignored him, patting my shoulder once more with the already bloody towel before pulling it away. I looked at my reflection in the mirror, wincing. My black hair was knotted like crazy and my scowl looked permanent. Considering Damien wouldn’t leave me alone, it probably would never go away. I tossed the bloodied towel over my shoulder, not caring about where it landed just as the door rattled again.

                “Mallory let me in!” Damien demanded for the umpteenth time. I simply rolled my eyes, not responding. He didn’t deserve my attention after his idiotic move. I mean really, marking me! I leaned in closer to the mirror, remembering my reaction. After his oh so sweet explanation, I had gone all crazy. I can’t remember exactly what had been spoken, but I think I was screaming something about not being a possession and that the only person who ‘owned’ me was… well me. He had let me rant, but I hadn’t missed the way his eyes began to darken. Breathing heavily after all my screaming, I had waited for his response. Finally, he simply shrugged.

                “Say what you want, but what’s done is done.” He stated, seeming so cool about the situation. I, on the other hand, was panicking. I mean, he had freaking bit me!

                “Well than un-do it!” I snapped. He shook his head.

                “Sorry, no can do.” Funny thing is…he didn’t sound sorry in the slightest. I stomped over to him, poking his much defined chest.

                “Listen, and listen well. You have about five seconds to remove this damn mark and about forty-five seconds afterwards to let me go. Do you understand?” I threatened. He merely smirked, throwing logs into the fire of my fury.

                “I couldn’t remove my mark even if I wanted to and I thought I had made it perfectly clear,” he paused, leaning down to whisper in my ear. “You are not going anywhere.” He emphasized ‘anywhere’ his whisper even more frightening than his growls. I couldn’t control the shiver at his close proximity but covered it up by stepping back and glaring.

                “Well, than I guess we have a problem. I do not plan on wearing ‘your’ mark nor am I going to just sit and stay like some dog!” I snarled unimpressively. His calm façade disappeared and he glared at me, taking a step forwards and corning me into the wall.

                “Unfortunately for you, you no longer have that choice. Now that you bare my mark, your safety is in my hands; therefore, until I see fit, you will not be leaving this room.” He finalized his voice strong and deep. I gaped at him, wondering if he was serious. He bites me and suddenly he things he can just control my life. Oh, I don’t think so.

                “Is that so?” I questioned, raising an eye brow. He nodded his face hard. “And, what exactly makes you think you’ll be able to keep me trapped in this room?” I wondered. His smirk put me on edge. He leaned in closer, placing his hands on either side of my head and trapping me. I pressed closer into the wall.

                “Well, cuffs obviously don’t work,” he muttered, glancing over at the bed. I gave him my innocent smile which he returned with a confident smirk.

“However, I have many, many other ways of imprisonment. Of course, if you behave like a good girl, I could settle for simply locking the door. But something inside of me tells me you won’t give in easily, will you?” clenching my teeth at his tone, I fiercely shook my head.

“Never.” I bit out. He gave a small, genuine smile.

“Mallory, you have no idea how much I admire your strength; but unfortunately, this decision is mine to make and my mind is made. I’m doing this to keep you safe.”

“How exactly is trapping me in this room keeping me safe?” I questioned quirking an eyebrow. His jaw clenched and after a moment, he answered reluctantly.

“While Kane is still Alpha, you are in constant danger. The only reason you haven’t been kicked out or killed,” he snarled that last part before continuing. “Is because I challenged him. Technically the pack doesn’t have an Alpha at the moment, but that doesn’t mean they will hesitate in killing you if you were seen alone. Most of the pack has gone along with his ‘anti-humans’ rule happily and are opposed to having you here.” I chewed on the inside of my cheek, mauling over his words.

“So, what you saying is, if you win this challenge, I’ll be allowed to roam around the house?” I questioned hopefully. If he let me around, I would easily be able to escape. He smirked again, shaking his head.

“Sorry darlin’, but no.” my face dropped. “Those who follow his anti-human rule won’t just accept a human; even if I, as the new Alpha, throw that rule out. I could name a few pack members that would risk their own lives by killing the Alphas mate just for their beliefs.” He explained. I was about to argue when previous words caught my attention.

“Wait, what do you mean they would ‘risk their lives’ by killing me?” I wondered. His nonchalant answer surprised me.

“Harming the Alpha’s mate is punishable by death.” He shrugged and I gaped.

“You know what, whatever!” I snapped, stepping forwards until our noses were touching. “Last time I checked, humans don’t live by the rules you ‘werewolves’ set. As soon as I get my chance, I’m gone!” I shouted before spinning and running into the bathroom before he could stop me. I locked the door and a moment later heard an agitated growl before the slamming off the bedroom door, followed by the click of the lock.

That had been an hour ago. Now, Damien was back and demanding my attention with each bang of his fist on the door. Looking over my shoulder, I shot the door a glare of agitation before looking back in the mirror. I folded my arms on the sink, leaning over and resting my forehead on them. I was abnormally tired and dejected. I let out a sigh before tensing as I heard the sound of wood splitting. I looked up hesitantly. I watched the door as something slammed against it again, the sound off wood breaking even more prominent.

No, he wouldn’t, I thought. Apparently, he would I countered with a scream and spun around, just as the door went flying off the hinges, sliding across the floor and coming to a halt at my feet. I stared at it with wide eyes before looking up to meet Damien’s now dark eyes. His arms were folded, his fist’s clenched and his stance wide. I gulped as he stalked forwards, coming to a halt directly in front of me. Forcing myself not to cringe away, I met him square in the eye.

“Obviously you’re not in the best of moods, but is breaking down the house really necessary?” I asked, my voice shaking slightly. My weak attempt at humor failed miserably when his hard face didn’t change. Not wanting to seem weak, but terrified by his intense gaze, I looked directly above his eyes.

He didn’t respond as we had a stare down- more like he stared at me while I cowardly looked away. My looking away obviously didn’t sit well with him… if his growl didn’t say anything. His hand shot out, gripping my arm and pulling me out the door. I didn’t struggle with him as he yanked me into the room, onto the middle of the floor. Acting childishly, I crossed my arms and turned away, glaring out the balcony doors… wait, balcony? How had I not noticed that before? Shaking off my surprise at that, I didn’t turn when he growled at me. Being stubborn little me, I narrowed me eyes even more and started walking towards the glass balcony doors. I didn’t even have time to blink before I was spun around, shoved up against the wall with Damien snarling in my face. I didn’t hide my wince.

“Never, ever lock me out!” he growled, the sound seeming to rumble from his chest. I gritted my teeth and placed my hands on his chest, preparing to attempt and shove him away but stopped. I was momentarily distracted by the way his muscles bunched up than relaxed under my touch. Shaking my head to compose myself, I gave him a push that didn’t affect him at all. I sighed in agitation, dropping my hands just to fold my arms.

“Don’t you have some Alpha to challenge, or something?” I snapped. He smirked, reaching up and tilting my chin up, forcing me to meet his eyes.

“Yes, that’s why I’m here.” He replied, his smirk vanishing and his face hardening. His eyes glanced out the balcony doors and back. “The challenge will start at sundown. I will have guards posted outside your door. Luke and Kyle are already waiting out on the balcony.” He informed me. I raised an eye brow. He ignored my look and continued. “Since you’re the Alpha’s mate, it’s mandatory for you to watch the challenge. Kyle and Luke are just there to keep an eye on you.” He finishes, lightly trailing his thumb across my jaw. I jerked away but he held me still.

“What kind of challenge are we talking about here?” I questioned. He sighed, leaning down to rest his forehead against mine. I didn’t push him away, wanting my answers.

“It’s a fight; if Kane refuses to back down, I’ll have to kill him.” He states simply, shrugging. My eyes widen as I stare up at him. He would kill his own father? Granted, he had never actually referred to him as ‘father’, or ‘dad’.

“So you fight to decide your leader?” I asked incredibly. He nodded, watching my reaction. I gaped at him; that sounded so savage and animalistic. Well, they are wolves. “Well, I’m routing for you.” His face lit up before I continued. “Because you seem to be the only one concerned about keeping me alive.” I finished, watching his previous hopeful expression turn into a scowl.

“Yeah, well that’s my job.” Okay, I wasn’t expecting that. I glared up at him, at a loss for words. He took a deep breath before closing his eyes. Slowly, his lids slid apart and he opened his eyes to look at me. His eyes, I was glad to see, were back to silver. “A kiss for good luck?” he questioned, causing my mouth to fall open in shock. Not waiting for a response, he swooped down and captured my lips with his, inserting his tongue. The heat started instantly and as much as I tried to struggle, I ended up melting into his arms. I eagerly kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He backed up so I was crushed between him and to wall; which I didn’t mine that much. I groaned as his hands wrapped around my waist, holding me closer. This went against everything we had argued about, but the feelings running through me couldn’t be helped.

I was brought out of my Damien-induced haze by a knock on the door. I immediately jerked my head back but he didn’t pause his assault. He continued trailing kisses across my jaw and down my neck.    

When his lips grazed over his mark, the most thrilling sensation shot through me and I gasped, quickly drawing in breath. I could feel him smirk against my skin and was about to scold him when something warm and wet touched my mark, making a wave of desire wash through me and causing me to cry out in need. It took me a moment to realize it was his tongue! He did it twice more, the feeling even stronger each time. Once again there was a knock on the door. With a very angry growl Damien pulled away, gently setting me down. My legs were shaking and I slowly slid down to the ground. He strode to the door, yanking it open.

“What?” he snarled, the boy at the door quivering while my body seemed to lurch at his tone. What the hell was wrong with me?! I squeezed my eyes close, trying to regain myself.

“S…sundown is in t…ten minutes.” The boy stuttered, his voice squeaky. I opened my eyes, peaking around Damien to see a boy of about fourteen. What was Kane thinking sending a boy so young? The man must really be twisted. I watched as Damien’s impressive shoulders raised than dropped as he took a deep breath.

“Thank you, Cody.” He finally rumbled. Cody quickly dashed off and Damien turned to face me, not bothering to shut the door. He walked over, gently gripping my arms and pulling me up. He reached over, opening one of the balcony doors and softly pushing me threw. Luke and Kyle were perched on the edge, looking down below. Damien stepped forwards, crossing his arms over his chest.

“I wonder what would happen if I pushed you two right now.” He growled out, his eyes narrowing. The both jumped, following over backwards. They struggled to detangle each other and stand. They quickly faced us, heads bowed. I scrunched my face up in confusion, looking over at Damien’s angry eyes. I didn’t understand; what had they done wrong. “How can I expect you two to watch Mallory when the creak of this door,” he pointed to the balcony door, “Didn’t even stir you!” he scolded. I look over to see the others responses.

“Sorry,” they both murmured. Damien just grunted, glaring them down.

“Hey, relax. They didn’t do anything wrong.” I snapped at Damien. I was truly mad at the feelings he had caused in me before. I refused to believe I could feel that way about my kidnapper. His glare slid over to me and I met it head on. After a moment, he looked away.

“Don’t let it happen again.” he demanded, his voice harsh. The others nodded quickly, relieved about something. Grasping my arm, he pulled me over to the ledge. “Down there is where the challenge will take place.” He pointed to a huge square area of grass. Others were already gathered and I could easily spot out Kane among them-the fact that he towered over others helping. As if feeling my stare, he turned and looked right at me. I froze under his icy glare, my muscles seeming to lock down under the threat clear in his eyes. A growl rumbled besides me before Damien’s large form blocked Kane’s view of me. He pulled me into his chest, sending Kane a glare over his shoulder before looking down at me. He stroked my cheek lovingly, surprising me at his gentle touch. He looked over my head, not stopping his caress.

“I have Marko and Sam posted outside her door. You only open the door for them or me; no one else gets in, and she doesn’t leave. Understand?” he questioned Luke and Kyle. I looked over my shoulder to see them nod, serious expressions on their faces. He looked down at me before letting go, stepping to the side and pulling them over to the corner. They talked in quiet voices for a moment, constantly glancing over at me. Damien was making hand gestures, putting more emphasis on his point. Getting tired of their glances, I turned away, leaning against the railing and looking down at the people below.

 People; that’s what they look like. They looked like ordinary, everyday people. Only a person on the inside can see what they really are… savage monsters. Their laughter was loud enough to reach my ears, two stories up. How could they be having such an enjoyable time with a fight, possibly to the death, was moments away? I scrunched my face in disgust, my gaze sweeping over them all. Kane once again met my gaze, a smirk taking over his features. His eyes had an evil glint that chilled me to the bone but I didn’t let it show as I rolled my eyes at him. He sneered at me, which I returned with my middle finger. He glared before shouting.

“Damien!” he shouted in a booming voice. Damien was beside my side in a moment, placing his hand on the middle of my back. Everyone turned to look at the human on the balcony, some with curious expressions and others with disgust. I stayed strong, not cringing away from their intense gazes. I crossed my arms, looking over their heads at the setting sun. “Sundown is in one minute, come. Your whore is safe,” Kane paused and I knew he was giving me a glance. “For now.” He finished his amusement clear in his voice. Damien let out a bone chilling snarl before turning to face me, pushing me around until I face him also. He leaned down, lightly brushing his lips against mine, igniting snarl from the crowed below. He ignored them, pulling away.

“Stay, no tricks, do as they say. Got it?” he questioned, pressing his forehead to mine. I took a steady breath; deciding arguing with him would do me no good. I nodded, my eyes closed. I lightly opened my eyes when he lightly kissed me once more. He released me, backing away but not looking away. “Remember my warning, boys.” He grumbled out, looking over at the others. They nodded curtly. With another warning glance at me, he turned and slipped into the room. It was a moment before my body seemed to take over, darting to the balcony doors.

“Damien, wait!” I cried before I could stop myself. I halted abruptly at the door, watching as he paused with his hand on the door knob. He looked over his shoulder at me.

“Yes?” he questioned. My brain froze up. What was I supposed to say? I knew what I wanted to say, I just worried if he would take it wrong; only one way to find out.

“Good luck.” I whispered. His eyes flickered before he nodded, opening the door and slipping before I could say anymore. I stared after him, in total shock of my own words. I sighed, running a shaking hand through my hair. I shoved my hands in my front pockets, turning to face Luke and Kyle. They were leaning against the door, looking anywhere but me. I brushed past them, walking back to the balcony railing. People below had gone back to their own conversations but occasionally glanced up at me. I met their eyes, glaring. Not many looked away and I had to give it to them; they were brave to look at me right in the eyes. The sound of a heavy door sounded and they looked away, towards something beneath me. A moment later, Damien calmly but threateningly walked into my view.      

I leaned up against the railing to see better, watching as the people backed away, leaving Damien and Kane standing in the middle. They looked so alike; it was like watching twins fight. I was glad my twin was slightly taller. After a moment, they both started to back away slowly. At a great distance from each other, they stopped. They eyed one another, waiting for the other to make the first move. Unexpectedly, Damien glanced over his shoulder at me and Kane made his move. I watched in shock as he lunged, his skin melting away and dark brown hair replacing it. His hands turned into claws and his ears pointed and grew. Damien seemed to have expected as much and merely ducked, still looking in my direction as his father soared over him. With a quick wink to me, he shifted as well. I gaped as this handsome man turned into a magnificent wolf.

His fur matched his milk chocolate brown hair and his silver eyes glistened in the rays of the sun. He was monstrous in size, towering over his father and everyone else. His father quickly regained his footing, spinning around and baring his teeth. Damien returned with a furious snarl, his haunches rising as he bowed his head to see eye to eye with his father. Everyone was still, the silence only broken by the snarls of the wolves. I was faintly aware of Kyle and Luke’s presence at my side, but my attention was trained on the fight. Suddenly, they went from a complete stand still to lunging at each other. They collided and their movements from then on were too fast for my human eyes to catch. I based it on the whimpers and growls I was hearing. With each whimper that reached my ears, my heart lurched. For some reason, the thought of Damien injured both angered me and saddened me. Their movements suddenly stopped and I studied the position they were in.

The larger wolf, Damien, was totally frozen and I could understand why. Kane had a grip on Damien’s shoulder with his teeth. Without warning, he roughly yanked his head back, tearing the muscle and skin from Damien’s shoulder. Damien yelped loudly but it wasn’t loud enough to mask my shout.

“Damien!” I cried desperately, surprising myself and the others from the looks they were giving me. I ignored them, focusing my attention solely on Damien. He met my eyes and a strange look passed through his silver eyes before they darkened. He lunged at Kane with a loud growl and started fighting with a vengeance. Damien’s infuriated growls and snarls were more pronounced than before and Kane’s whimpers seemed even more common. I was gripping the railing, almost falling over once because of how far I was leaning over to see better. Thankfully, Kyle caught a hold of my shoulders and pulled me back slightly. I looked over at him and he gave me a small smile. “Thanks,” I mumbled, looking away. He kept his hands on my shoulders, tightening his grip whenever I started to lean. I didn’t object, too caught up in the violence before me.

At some point, Kane obviously made a fatal move because he was suddenly pinned beneath Damien, his jaws wrapped around Kane’s neck. I watched as his jaw started to constrict before Kane suddenly whimpered. Damien stopped, emitting a low growl. Kane whimpered again.

“What is he doing?” Luke muttered, speaking my thoughts exactly. We watched closely, all of us leaning closer now. Abruptly, Damien stood and moved away, giving Kane a low growl of warning. I watched Damien as he started to walk away. Even at this distance, I could see the blood staining his fur around his shoulder and splattered all over. As he disappeared out of my view, I looked over to see Kane slowly standing. He was visibly worse than Damien as he stumbled around. He was quickly surrounded my other men who helped him limp towards the house. He looked up to meet my eyes and even though his eyes were clouded with pain, I could still see the hate.

“Mallory,” Kyle spoke in my ear. I looked over, surprised he even knew my name. He nodded his head towards the door. “Damien needs you.” I gave him a confused look before glancing over my shoulder just as the door opened. Damien stumbled through in human form, supported by two other men. I spun around as they lead him to the bed. I quickly made my way to the bed, staring apprehensively at the men. “This is Marco and Sam, your guard posted outside.” Kyle explained just as a female about twenty five quickly stepped into the room, making her way to Damien’s side.

“And this is the pack’s doctor, Mary.” Luke added. She gave me a curt nod, making her fiery curls bounce, before assessing Damien’s wounds. Marco and Sam gave Luke a nod before leaving. I hugged myself, staring down at his limp figure. Some part of me wanted to go and kill Kane myself for giving Damien those injuries. And this scared me to no end.

 I shouldn’t feel protective of him. His kisses shouldn’t light me on fire; and I certainly shouldn’t be feeling jealous because this doctor gets to feel his amazing abs! I shook my head, shaking away those thoughts. Damien was only half conscious, his eyes fluttering and his lips trembling. I watched as Mary cleaned the wound in his shoulder with some disinfecting wash and start stitching it up. I didn’t know if he was so under that he couldn’t feel it or if he was really made of steel because he didn’t even flinch. I kept my eyes trained on his face, watching his reaction. His eyes fluttered once again, opening almost completely and looking at me before slowly closing. He started mumbling but it was so quiet and slurred that I couldn’t understand any of it.

“He wants you.” Luke whispered in my ear. I looked over at him, raising an eyebrow. “Werewolf hearing.” He gave me a small smile. Sure enough, Damien’s murmurs increased in volume and even I could tell it was my name he was chanting.

“What the hell am I supposed to do!” I whisper yelled at Kyle.

“Lay down next to him.” He stated simply, as if it was obvious. Well maybe to him it was. I took a deep breath before huffing it out. Damien’s mumbles had turned into whimpers of my name. I hesitantly walked up to him, sitting down on my good side. I looked up at Luke, who just nodded his head encouragingly. Sighing, I slowly laid down on his side without the hurt shoulder. My arm gently brushed his and his good arm immediately wrapped around my waist, pulling me until my head rested against his chest.

“Um, okay.” I mumbled. Kyle chuckled and I looked over to see him shaking his head. I glared as I felt Damien’s chest raise and fall as he sighed in content.

“Mallory.” He breathed out before becoming silent and still, finally seeming to fall asleep. I attempted to scoot away slightly but even in his sleep his arm tightened around me. I huffed but didn’t attempt to move anymore, unwillingly admitting I was very comfortable. I slowly placed a hand on his chest and looked up to look at his face. There was blood smeared across his cheek but besides that he looked extremely peaceful. A snap brought me out of my daze. I looked over to see Mary stand, grasping her briefcase of medical tools.

“That should help his shoulder heal correctly. His other wounds are small enough that his wolf gene will heal them quickly and without problems. His shoulder will be completely healed by morning.” She turned but paused, looking back towards me. “Good luck with him, Alpha female.” She winked at me before quickly leaving. I stared after her in shock. Alpha female?

“Was she talking about me?” I questioned the boys. They both nodded.

“We’ll give Sam and Marko a break.” Luke spoke before I could question them. “We can take guard until Damien comes around and decides the next move.” They bowed their heads before leaving the room. I looked after them for a moment before turning back to Damien. His hard exterior was gone, replaced by a very handsome, but calm face. What did Mary mean by ‘good luck with him’? Realizing I probably wouldn’t be going anywhere until he was awake; I pulled the cover over both of us and snuggled into him. What; he was warm and the best pillow I’ve ever had. My eyes immediately started to drop.

I was asleep in seconds, surrounded by his warmth.

AHH, MALLORY AND DAMIEN MOMENT!! To bad he was asleep, right? So, did i totally fail on that stupid fight scene or was it... eh okay? COMMENT, LOTS OF COMMENTS!! I WANT YOUR OPINIONS!! COMMENT, VOTE AND FAN FOREVER MORE!!

XOXOS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254 11 20
She was seventeen and restless, living in a gilded cage with all that any girl could want. Except for any semblance of freedom. Iris Foster never t...
13.5K 286 18
Sagelynn has always known that she's different. Why? Because she's been able to communicate with ghosts since she was 6 and view past lives since she...
25 8 8
Elise has a normal school life. Well, as normal a school life one can have being a child prodigy at a crazy fancy school. But then, things start goin...
88.4K 185 3
The human race stands on the brink of extinction; the result of a plague the likes of which the world has never seen. When salvation comes, it isn't...