Opposites Attract

By loriku

[Highest ranked #1 in Amourshipping] "Everyone have their own love story, they just need a little push to get... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 ★彡
Chapter 2 ★彡
Chapter 3 ★彡
Chapter 4 ★彡
Chapter 5 ★彡
Chapter 6 ★彡
Chapter 7 ★彡
Chapter 8 ★彡
Chapter 9 ★彡
Chapter 10 ★彡
Chapter 11 ★彡
Chapter 12 ★彡
Chapter 13 ★彡
Chapter 14 ★彡
Chapter 15 ★彡
Chapter 16 ★彡
Chapter 17 ★彡
Chapter 18 ★彡
Chapter 19 ★彡
Chapter 20 ★彡
Chapter 21 ★彡
Chapter 22 ★彡
Chapter 23 ★彡
Chapter 24 ★彡
Chapter 25 ★彡
... what's next?

Epilogue

11.5K 351 539
By loriku

People say that opposites attract, but is that really true?

"Hey Serena, are you even listening!?"

The honey blonde was dragged out of her trance as her phone rumbled from the voice of her friend.

"Sorry, I spaced out. What were you saying?" She said sheepishly, running her hand through her hair, which was now trimmed to the length of her shoulders.

"Geez, it's your best friend's wedding day and you're spacing out?" Dawn exclaimed dramatically, "I said that I wanted the newest volume of the manga I was reading, can you please buy it for me? Pretty please?"

"Alright, fine. Send me the name of it," she rolled her eyes.

"Kay kay!" Dawn beamed happily.

After a few seconds, her phone buzzed and she opened the new message. Serena raised an eyebrow. That looked a bit familiar.

"My Maid for Two Days... Really?"

"Hey, it's actually a good book!" Dawn defended herself, causing Serena to shake her head in disappointment.

A beam of sunlight shine into her eyes as she made her way down the sidewalk, looking for the manga store Dawn was nagging her to go to. All of a sudden, flash of black shifted past her. Serena turned around, but it turned out to be just a random passerby. She sighed.

It's been three years since Ash left to study abroad. Ever since then she's been studying really hard since she had nothing else to do. The world felt so bland without him, she was probably never going to get used to it.

Dawn and Gary dropped out after they graduated from high school to pursue a career as manga partners. To be honest, they're actually doing pretty well.

She didn't really talk to Calem anymore, by she heard that he went to a sports majored university.

Everything's changed so much, but whether she wanted it or not, the world was still constantly moving ahead.

"Shouldn't you be worrying about your makeup and outfit instead of reading manga?" Serena sighed. "Plus, I'm a very busy person, you know. Being in the second year of university is hard!"

"Sorry, can't relate. This is why you should become a manga artist like me," she could feel Dawn's grin from across the phone. "And for the wedding, Gary and I already decided to cosplay as Naruto and Hinata. It's going to be lit!"

Serena mentally face palmed.

Sometimes, she still worried for her blue haired friend's future, but it's good to know that Gary's there for her. Speaking of future, Serena glanced up at the blue sky.

"Promise, huh..."

➖➖➖《 ^O^☆♪ 》➖➖➖

Do you believe in destiny?

As she pushed open the doors to the anime store, Serena walked in through the shelves of books. The store was vacant of people because it was still quite early in the morning. Honestly, she was shocked by the amount of anime and manga there were. She wondered how Dawn managed to find this place.

"Damn..."

She observed all the figurines and posters hung on the wall. Anime theme songs were playing in the background. Serena shook her head.

"I really don't belong here," she muttered to herself. "I'm just going to quickly get the book and leave before I get lost in here."

Swiftly, she made her way past the other anime sections and reached the shelf she was looking for. Just as she turned the corner, a stand of blue appeared insight.

"Oh!" Miette said in surprise as soon as she saw the honey blonde, "Long time no see, Serena!"

"Hey Miette, I'm surprised to see you here. How have you been?" Serena smiled.

She's been on relatively good terms with Miette even after Ash left. They go on girl dates occasionally to catch each other up on what's happening.

"Actually, I'm here to buy a present for Dawn and Gary's wedding. How about you?" Miette explained.

"Oh cool, Dawn told me to come here and buy her the new edition of a popular manga, she's so laid back about her wedding," she sighed with a smile.

"That's Dawn for ya," the blue haired girl remarked as the two chuckled.

Does fate really exist?

There was a moment of silence as the laughters ceased. Miette looked at the piles of books, not sure whether she should bring it up.

"...so how's him? Did he come back yet?" She finally said.

Serena only shook her head.

"Serena, you don't have to keep on waiting for him. It's been three years!" Miette said as she opened her phone and scrolled through her contacts. "If you want, I can introduce you to some people—"

"Thanks Miette, but it's really fine. I have a feeling he'll be back soon, I trust him." She cut her off with a smile. With that, Miette sighed in defeat.

"If you say so," the blue haired girl sighed, then checked her phone. "Oh my god, it's almost time for the wedding to begin. I'm going to go now, I'll see you at the wedding!"

"Alright, nice talking to you," Serena waved as they parted ways. She whispered to herself, "I should hurry up too."

➖➖➖《 ^O^☆♪ 》➖➖➖

What if destiny and fate is really there?

After the searching for another good five minute or so, Serena finally found the book she was looking for.

It was located by the very bottom row of the shelf, at the right corner.

She crouched over and picked up the book. The cover was a picture of a girl head locking a boy with her arms. The girl was wearing a maid costume. As she examined the cover she felt a chill running up her spine. Serena shuddered.

This was giving her war flashbacks.

Subconsciously, she flipped open the book to the first page.

Everyone has their own love story.
And sometimes, it is the long wait that results in true happiness.

"I wish," she sighed as she closed the book. As she continued to stare at the cover, a sigh escaped her lips.

If Ash saw her like this, he'll probably make fun of her again. Solely the thought of that made her sigh.

Caught up in her own trail of thoughts, Serena didn't realize that someone has entered the anime store. Still crouching, she put the book in her bag and ruffled her hair.

"I've been sighing too much lately."

"Yeah you are. You should stop that."

She froze at the sound of the voice that was more than familiar to her. The voice she haven't heard in three years.

Before the honey haired girl could stand up, she was lifted up by a pair of arms and carried bridal style. She came face to face with no other than Ash Ketchum. He was a lot taller than before, and his spiky jet black hair was less messy than before. Her sapphire eyes connected with his hazel ones, sparkling like the stars in Milky Way.

Ash grinned.

"It's been four years and you're still anime obsessed? You should really stop that, otaku-chan," he teased in a mischievous way.

Serena blinked twice. She simply stared at him blankly, still unable to accept the fact that he was right in front of him. Cautiously, she lifted up a finger and poked him in the side of the cheek. Ash pouted at that.

"... Are you really Ash? Ash Ketchum?" she deadpanned in disbelief.

"No," Ash said sarcastically. "I'm Donald Trump."

Serena stifled a laugh. Who would have thought that she'll miss the sarcastic remarks so much?

When the realization finally started to sink in, she yanked him by the collar. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him, hard. Ash kissed her back immediately, melting into the kiss.

The theme song from Ouran Highschool Host Club started playing in the background.

As they parted the the kiss, Serena jumped down to the ground.

"Took you long enough," she crossed her arms, a grin on her face.

"Thanks for waiting for me all this time.

"I trusted that you'll keep the promise."

"I know you did," Ash beamed, "I love you"

Serena's heart did a flip. It was a feeling she have not felt in so long. As soon as she heard those three words, she knew that the everything was worth it. A blush appeared and her grin grew wider.

"I know you do, and I love you too."

➖➖➖《 ^O^☆♪ 》➖➖➖

Everyone has their own love story.
And sometimes, it is the long wait that results in true happiness.
When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far, no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

➖➖➖《 The End 》➖➖➖

Holy crap I finally finished this story!! This was such a struggle for me but I'm glad I actually finished it. Sorry for everyone who waited for the updates for so long and thank you for those who stuck with me until the end.

I'm probably done with writing new things for awhile because I really need to focus on school but maybe in the future there will be something new... maybe cx

Hope you all enjoyed the story and I'll see you next time :)

~ Lori ☆〜(ゝ。

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

398K 6.4K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
57.4K 653 12
After winning the title of Kalos Queen, Serena & her friends head on over to the Alola region in search of Ash What would happen if Ash & Serena we'r...
Loss By I exist

Fanfiction

240K 6.7K 33
After a devastating loss, Chat Noir helps Marinette recover through the trauma. Yet, the road to recovery has a few bumps in it when Marinette has to...
557K 14.1K 200
A big book of Miraculous memes. Come on, what kind of Miraculous Ladybug fan doesn't want that??