Ceres

By yupina

Transmigration? So what? Given this second chance in life, I would not definitely make any mistakes... inclu... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
Special Chapter
106
107
108
109
110
Bonus "Out of this World" Chapter
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122

87

2.6K 79 3
By yupina

"How is Danilo?"

Arcyl asked Dotrald who was with him in the same carriage just like Ceres.

Dotrald could only close his eyes and sigh.

"We have asked the Holy Cross Church but they said that they were still busy with the competition."

"Have you offered enough? You do know that those church hypocrites are like that. They also don't want to associate themselves with the political struggle of this kingdom and as such, unless you offer something of high value, they wouldn't give you any face."

Dotrald could only smile wryly. Deep inside, he was thinking how nice of his father to reprimand him in such a time. Of course, Dotrald couldn't offer enough since he doesn't have enough power to offer valuable things from their household's vault. He thinks that if Arcyl was really worried about his grandson, he would have made the offer himself.

"As you say, father."

Arcyl crossed his arms across his chest and closed his eyes.

"The Holy Child came this time. Maybe, if you can gain his approval, he would be able to help you."

"I was thinking about the same thing, father. However, it is not easy to get close to the Holy Child."

"That child is still young and innocent. Do what you can for your son."

After that, Arcyl did not speak anymore and kept silent the whole journey to the royal palace. Ceres was oblivious about their conversation and also, she was told by Dotrald not to cause any problem and only to keep silent.

But, Dotrald was different from those two. He was boiling with anger inside.

Isn't he your grandson? Why can't you help us gain favor from those people anyway? Maybe, if I was already the Ellion head, all those people won't think twice about giving me face.

---

"Lucas, make sure that your heart is calm. If not, you will be forced to return to your room at once."

It was Lucas' master, Evelyn, who spoke such words.

The Heaven's Peak participants are currently on their way to the banquet. They were riding various flight-assisting items. Lucas was sitting down on a big fan with his master and the Heaven's Peak's headmaster.

The headmaster made a hearty laugh.

"Headmaster...?"

Hearing such a laugh from the headmaster was something unusual for Evelyn and thus, she couldn't stop herself from asking.

Evelyn and Lucas both looked at the headmaster who was in front of them and guiding the big fan they were using to fly.

"Boy... You are really something. Anyway, make sure to fix yourself."

The headmaster continued to laugh making both Lucas and his master dumbfounded.

However, even though Lucas couldn't understand the headmaster, he feels that something inside him was not right. He can feel something was different. It was a sign of progression but it was also not. He didn't dare bring it up to his master yet because he was uncertain and also, he did not want them to suspect that he was still thinking about Ceres.

As such, he kept silent and those things inside only continued to grow more intense.

---

"Hey, Guy."

Orion was currently inside his room in the royal palace preparing to go out and head to the main hall for the banquet. He suddenly stopped before opening the door and faced Guy who was behind him.

"Did you, perhaps, forget something?"

Guy was puzzled by Orion's actions and as such, asked the latter if he forgot something inside the room.

"Nothing. I was just thinking... Did you notice one of the guards of those royal siblings?"

"Guards? No. Why do you ask?"

Guy was scratching his head and doesn't really understand Orion at this moment.

"I feel like I've met that person before. I just can't remember when and where."

Orion placed one of his hands in his chin and he seemed like he was digging up his memories.

Guy could only sigh and change the topic.

"If you can't remember then, don't. I can quietly approach them at the banquet anyway so I can investigate for you. I can even ask him personally if you want."

"Okay. By the way, have you relayed to the guard my introduction?"

"Yes. We're all clear."

"It's a good thing that big brother was able to come up with something like this, right?"

Guy started sweating and could only lightly smile. He even went as far as to get a handkerchief from his pocket and wipe some sweat on his forehead while humming a light tune.

Orion kept his smile and was looking at Guy with half-closed eyes.

"Confess."

Guy could only drop the act.

"Young master has really changed."

But in Guy's heart, he was smiling and proud. This young master was definitely different and it was all thanks to that incident with Liuis. He was really glad that his young master was not the wild and free second prince anymore but someone who really deserves the title of second prince. Even though Orion still lack the backing of numerous forces in this kingdom, he is slowly getting it; bit by bit, he will be able to stand on his own soon and make his name known.

"Young master Henry received a letter from an anonymous person and it was the start of everything."

Orion's eyebrows rose. He wasn't the same young master like before who only walks for his own selfish reasons. He was carefully thinking and analyzing things right now.

For someone to send big brother a letter about this banquet... Who could it be? Why does this person know a lot? Why did this person want to help us?

"...That person is definitely in this banquet. Stay vigilant and be attentive of everything. If this person wants to cause ruckus instead, we will proceed with our plan 'B'."

Guy saluted Orion and said yes. They then, started heading towards the main hall.

---

"Your grace, this banquet is a huge event. A lot of high officials and people with strong background will be there including the headmasters of different schools. Also, it will end late in the evening. Are you sure about bringing your sister?"

The High Priest from the Holy Cross Academy was talking to the Holy Child. He saw that the Holy Child was holding the hand of his little sister and seemingly, thinking of bringing her along to the banquet.

Even though the people of the church respect and revere the Holy Child, his sister was a little different. Also, as a Holy Child, he should only devote himself to the church. That is why many of the priests and nuns do not favor the Holy Child's sister.

Roven looked at Paulin and then, he half-knelt on the floor. This scenario caused the people to hold their breath and gasp. The Holy Child is indeed a kind and warm person.

"Can you allow big brother to go alone in this banquet? Nothing bad will happen to me and I will definitely return safely and quickly. This is just something that is extremely important. Okay?"

Paulin stared at Roven's eyes. Her eyes do not contain any emotion at all. This is in contrast to Roven's which is full of love.

Paulin started looking at everyone else before stopping her eyes at Roven. She snorted and walked away, back to her own room.

Roven watched as Paulin was walking and could only sigh.

"She needs to understand things by herself sometimes. This is how people grow."

After saying such words, Roven stood up and smiled at everyone.

"Let'sgo." -tbc

A/N:   I'm having a bad feeling about my internet connection again. I needed half an hour just to update chapter 86!!! Anyway, I hope I can last for the ten-chapter update. If not, let us all take out our cursed dolls and come with me to make a ritual about this poor connection I have.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...