Forever & Always // Daniel Se...

By littlesliceofpeace

*Sequel to White Lies* This story follows up after my other story White Lies so if you haven't checked that o... More

Shattered Glass // C1
The Forgotten // C2
Final Decisions // C3
Adventure Awaits // C4
Ville de l'amour // C5
Expect the Unexpected // C6
Isolated // C7
Without Him // C8
Misguided Affection // C9
Forever Yours // C10
Broken Loyalties // C11
Over and Done With // C12
Last Efforts // C13
Old Enemies // C14
Captive // C15
Skedaddle // C16
Lying in Misery // C17
Death's Kiss // C18
Silver Lining // C20
Broken Inside // C21
The Race Against Time // C22
Battle for Love // C23
Trial for Justice // C24
Forever & Always // C25
Epilogue
Author's Note
Important Info!!!

Serenity // C19

4.1K 109 137
By littlesliceofpeace

"There's an end to every storm. Once all the trees have been uprooted, once all the houses have been ripped apart, the wind will hush, the clouds will part, the rain will stop. The sky will clear in an instant and only then, in those quiet moments after the storm, do we learn who was strong enough to survive it" - Meredith Grey

Amberle's POV:

Stillness is a funny thing, you don't know what to feel or what to expect or what the consequences are of your recent actions but yet it brings a certain sense of peace. I flipped over and stared at the sky as the ringing started to fade. My leg throbbed with intense pain, technically my wound had healed but the soreness was still there and after what I just pulled off with all my self defense and running, I'm sure I'll be limping for a few more days. A few minutes later, out of the corner of my eye, I saw my mother move so I used whatever strength I had left to get up too.

I kept my back to Daniel, not yet mentally prepared to witness if he was alive or not.

"You just made a huge mistake" my mother stated as she swiftly grabbed my neck and began to squeeze the life out of me. "I'm trying to help you and this is how you repay me? I have grass stains all over my new Calvin Klein dress! Ugh, you ungrateful child!"

I struggled to breath and started to choke as my hands were trying to pry away my mother's grip. I felt my face start to turn red from the lack of oxygen but yet I saw no compassion from my mother. She gave me one final glare before she released my neck and pushed me to the ground with a vigorous motion.

I coughed and coughed, trying to grasp any air I could in between coughs while I sat with my legs to the side. My mother turned her back to me with her head down and the gun still in her hand while my face returned to its normal color. My breathing became very uneven and I was still coughing when I looked up to the sky.

I must of been hallucinating because I swore I saw three helicopters circling the house making the trees wave in crazy directions. Strangely enough, seconds later, two ambulances showed up with the SWAT team, FBI units, and REAL cops rolling up.

"DROP YOUR WEAPON!!!!" someone from the helicopters yelled through a megaphone.

I slowly stood up, "You are finished mother...your reign of terror has ended and you've lost" I stated as I saw FBI and SWAT teams running to our position.

"Oh but I don't think I have" my mother stated as she gestured behind me seconds before she was arrested.

I finally gathered enough guts to turn around only to see Daniel collapsed against the ground. I was horrified when I saw that blood had started to stain his shirt, the bullet missed his head and his heart but it didn't miss him completely. His breathing was very uneven and it didn't take a genius to realize that the bullet must of punctured one of his lungs.

I immediately applied pressure on Daniel's wound making him wince and soaking my hands in his blood.

"Save your energy" I stated but his stubborn self still tried to speak.

"My...........love..........for you............has............ never..........wavered" he struggled in between breaths.

"Stop, you're not going to die. You will survive and these aren't your final moments" I stated as he reached up to touch my cheek. Shortly, I saw several EMTs running towards us.

Daniel looked paler than ever and he swallowed before gathering his strength, "I love you Amberle Rose, you are the first and last thing I think of each and every day" he stated before he coughed up blood.

I opened my mouth to say something but an EMT touched my shoulder, interrupting my words.

"We need you to step back" she stated.

"Yes of course" I stated as I kissed Daniel's cheek before I was dragged away by an EMT. Something told me that the EMT didn't want me to see what was going to happen next. Unfortunately, I did see what happened and Daniel slipped into unconsciousness as the EMT's turned him on his side to prevent him from choking on his own blood. The EMT released me about ten yards away from Daniel before I let out a loud sob and collapsed on the ground and started to whimper. Tears started to fall as I stared at my hands stained in Daniel's blood. I sat on the ground for what seemed like hours but I knew it was only seconds before I got up and limped my way over to Penelope and Zach.

I stopped twenty feet away because I thought I saw something. Penelope and Zach were both on stretchers but Penelope was going to the hospital in an ambulance because her injuries aren't as bad but Zach was going to need to be airlifted by one of the helicopters. Zach looked very pale but I saw something amazing happened. Penelope intertwined her fingers with Zach's and I saw her say the words "I remember" twice before Zach slipped into unconsciousness.

I saw another EMT yell "we're loosing him" before they tore the couple apart.

Zach was quickly airlifted into one helicopter that flew away seconds later and I saw Daniel being airlifted into another helicopter. After I watched the helicopters fly away, I saw Corbyn, Jack, and Jonah running towards me. I started to cry because I was both relieved and happy...after all, I didn't think I was going to survive.

Jack held his arms out wide and I couldn't do anything but put my hands over my eyes and walk into his open arms.

"We leave you in Paris for a month and you get yourself into this much trouble" Jack stated as he pulled away and kissed the top of my head.

I laughed as a few more tears fell before I went to hug Jonah. "What Jack means is that we're glad you're okay" he stated as hugged me in a gentle manner.

Then, I hugged Corbyn and he stated "okay, next time you leave to a foreign country...we're sending A LOT of backup".

I laughed and wiped away my tears before I started speaking, "guys, I'm so sorry that I put you in all of this danger....this was never my intention. And Zach-". I started to break down into tears because Zach could've been dead for all I know.

Jonah placed his hand on my shoulder, "Zach will be fine...he'll pull through"

I looked up and saw Jonah smiling before Corbyn started to speak, "yeah and it's all good...it was like we were in some sort of video game"

I laughed as I saw paramedics start to run towards me. "I love you guys..."

I saw about ten SUVs full of reporters pull up just as the paramedics placed my arms on their shoulders and helped me limp to the ambulance. The boys and I were escorted to the hospital in the ambulance after they checked all of our vitals....
______________________________

We were escorted to Peacehealth Medical Trauma Center but Zach and Daniel were well on their way to Harborview Medical Center. My leg was examined thoroughly before the doctors decided on putting my leg in a walking boot/orthopedic cast. Since I didn't fracture any bones or anything, they said it wasn't necessary to have surgery. I was discharged about three hours ago...

It's been about nine hours since we arrived at the hospital and I was waiting for Penelope to wake up who got out of surgery four hours ago. Jonah, Corbyn, and Jack got checked out but they are currently at Harborview supporting Daniel and Zach. I haven't heard any news regarding Daniel and Zach but I was more focused on my best friend. I was about to fall asleep when I saw Penelope's eyes flutter open.

"Hey" I stated as I walked over to her bedside.

Penelope got shot in the torso but she was super lucky and the bullet hit nothing vital or important.

"Hi" she said wearily.

"Look, I'm really sorry that I dragged you in this...you should've never been there and you should've never been hurt" I stated as I held her hand.

"Oh it's okay" she said weakly. "I was more worried about your safety...it's not your fault."

"I'm glad you're okay" I stated as I started to cry.

"Don't cry, Amberle...I would rather of been shot and have you right here than still been at home worrying about you. Seriously, those three weeks were stressful and nerve-wracking for everyone" she remarked.

"Yeah, I have no idea why my mom would do that to Daniel and I" I said.

"I remember Amberle! After all this time...my memory finally came back", she stated with a smile which quickly fell, "where's Zach?"

"Um, I wish I could say but I don't know. They were transported to Harborview up by Seattle and I haven't heard word since"

"Oh...." Penelope said with a disappointed frown. "What about Daniel?"

"He's at Harborview too and I haven't heard anything either" I said trying to fill my mind with happy thoughts.

"Then why are you still here?" she asked.

"You're my best friend...why wouldn't I be here?" I stated.

Penelope placed her other hand on top of mine, "go to him" she stated.

"But you'll be alone...everyone else is already there" I argued.

"That doesn't matter, I'll be discharged in a week. Besides, I think I could use a little alone time to collect myself and maybe write some songs" she stated as she gestured to a journal.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"There is nothing I would like more than to know that you are there with him" she stated.

I smiled and thanked her before I left. I grabbed several bodyguards that were assigned to me by my father so I could make it through the crowd of reporters waiting to hear about my condition and Penelope's. It was about seven at night so I would arrive at Vancouver around eight if I caught the next flight. Luckily, I was able to quickly get to the airport to catch a flight....
                                      - - -
On the plane I had some private time to reflect upon myself and I came to a conclusion...one that was equally necessary and rash.

Once again, I had to be escorted by bodyguards because the reporters were everywhere and I wasn't ready to make my official statement on this situation. I made it to the hospital around 8:30 pm so it was dark out. Eventually, I was greeted by the boys in the waiting room and they began to explain to me the situation.

"Hey Amberle!" Jonah stated.

"Nice boot" Jack said as he pointed to my walking boot.

"Thanks...so what's the situation?" I asked bracing myself for the worst.

"Well both of them got out of surgery about an hour ago...." Jonah started.

"And?!?" I asked.

"Zach is in a coma and he went through several blood transplants, he lost about 30% of his blood" Jack finished.

I gasped...ugh, this is all my fault. I felt extremely guilty because Zach may never wake up. I was done putting the people I love in harm's way, I refuse to be their undoing. However, my attention was quickly directed towards Daniel.

"What about Daniel?" I asked nervously and held my breath.

"Daniel is fine but they had to put a tube in his chest to help drain any air that may have entered his chest when he was shot" Corbyn stated.

I released the breath I was holding knowing that Daniel was okay.

"Can I see him?" I asked.

"Yes, he's sleeping right now", Jack started but grabbed my arm, "but there's something you should know. Daniel might not be able to perform for awhile"

"What?!?" I practically yelled.

"His injury was very severe which increases his chances of his lung collapsing again so the doctors strongly advised against Daniel performing for at least nine months" Jonah stated.

"Oh my gosh" I stated covering my mouth with my hand...all the more reason why my decision was reasonable.

"He's in room 142 and our families will be here in the morning" Jack stated.

"Thanks, you guys should get some sleep soon" I stated as I started to walk down the hospital hall.

I dreaded this next part but I knew my decision had to be done...it was rash but necessary. When I arrived at Daniel's room, the doctor just walked out and I took a deep breath before I walked in. As soon as I saw him, I started to cry...he looked so helpless and lifeless. I walked closer to see all the machines he was hooked up to, his heartbeat was stable but that didn't help the big fat lump of guilt I felt in my stomach.

Daniel was shirtless with a lot of bandages and of course the tube draining any air in his chest. I grabbed his hand as one of my tears fell on his arm.

"Hey Daniel..." I stated as I touched his cheek with my other hand. "I know you can't hear me right now but I need to get this off my chest. I'm sorry about this and everything I've ever done to put you in danger. This is all my fault and I'm the one who led you to this fate. I should've been the one who got hurt and not you. You know I honestly would of never of taken that stupid contract with your manager if I would of known that this would of happened to you and Zach one year later. Now both of you won't perform in awhile and Zach might not even wake up...I just thought that maybe we could be friends again and look where it got me", I paused to wipe away a tear and sniff, "We overcame many obstacles and challenges together as a team, I want you to know that this year has been one of the best of my life. I am so thankful for all the memories I've shared with you and the boys, everything from the prank war to the tour...it's truly been a blessing. Unfortunately, it's time to come to an end...WE have to come to an end" I paused because I started to cry uncontrollably.

Daniel jolted and for a second I thought he was awake but he quickly fell back into a steady sleeping pace. I took a deep breath to continue what needed to be said....

"I love you Daniel...with all of my heart, I know that now which is why I have to leave you", I paused again as a few more tears fell, "I can't put you in any more danger...my family is crazy and I can't have you in harm's way. I have to let you go, you need to live for your fans and if I'm in your life, I significantly decrease your chances. I'm a burden to you and the boys and I promise you, I will not be anymore. I'm going back to Paris to see if I can get my job back...I will also have my people pack up my stuff at your house. There will be no trace of me in your house...only memories. I'm so sorry for everything I've put you through, I love you" I stated as I kissed Daniel on the forehead.

I started to walk out of the room before I gave one last longing look at Daniel, "live a long and happy life Daniel" I stated as I left.

When I arrived back at the waiting room, the boys were fast asleep and I kissed Jack and Jonah on the cheek while I slipped my goodbye note in Corbyn's jacket pocket. The doctors didn't let me see Zach but I said a mental farewell...I also texted Christina, Penelope, and Evalina wishing them good lives and telling them goodbye.

I left the hospital fully aware that I was leaving my family too...but their safety was my top priority. Now I know my decision may seem ridiculous and idiotic but drastic measures had to be taken to ensure they live full lives. If that meant that I had to break all ties from them to protect them from my crazy biological family...then so be it.

I caught the next flight out back to Paris to see if my job was still there...
_______________________________
A/N: So I know a lot happened and this is a long chapter but oh well. Also, Amberle what are you doing girl? Leaving behind everyone you've grown to love? Dramatic...

Okay a little appreciation moment, thank you for reading my story and for all of those people who constantly comment on every story and have a reaction to EVERYTHING....thank you because I love reading your comments because they make my day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

643 187 42
Jaxon; Not much time had past since I left my old life behind, I had just settled into my new home and new job it felt so good to be a new man but t...
669K 23.4K 29
Nani has liked Niall since they were children. When she confessed his love he didn't just turn her down he told her she was, "Pretty for a black girl...
293K 7K 56
Harlow Lowman didn't have a father growing up, after her mother lying to her for years Harlow meets her father and didn't know it, now that she finds...
18.6K 1.1K 35
COMPLETED BOOK 2- Sequel to Deal With It (#2 in ambitious #19 in tearjerker #3 in French) Amber Amity just couldn't seem to catch a break. She lost h...