Written In The Stars{Derek Ha...

Av SavannahBrookeFrisby

Laken Stilinski is the twin sister of Stiles Stilinski. She never believed that the supernatural actually exi... Mer

Full Summary
Playlist
Chapter 2-Second Chance At First Line
Chapter 3-Pack Mentality
Chapter 4-Magic Bullet
Authors Note
Chapter 5-The Tell
Chapter 6-Heart Monitor
Chapter 7-Night School
Chapter 8-Wolf's Bane
Chapter 9-Co-Captain
Chapter 10-Formality
Chapter 11-Code Breaker
Chapter 12-"I'm not scared of him."
Chapter 13-Omega
Chapter 14-Shape Shifted
Chapter 15-Ice Pick
Chapter 16-"I'm a what?"
Chapter 17-Abomination
Chapter 18-Venomus
Chapter 19-Frenemy
Social Media Book (new)
Chapter 20-Restraint
Chapter 21-Raving
UPDATE SCHEDULE
Authors Note
Chapter 22-Fury (pt. 1)
Chapter 23- Fury (pt. 2)
Chapter 24-Battlefield
Chapter 25-Master Plan
Epilogue
Authors Note
Author's Note
Authors Note
Authors Note
Authors Note

01-Wolf Moon

17.1K 295 574
Av SavannahBrookeFrisby

Laken Stilinski sat in her bedroom, a book in her hand. She didn't plan to leave her bedroom that night seeing as the first day of Sophemore year was tomorrow and she wanted to get as much sleep as she possibly could, but that wasn't happening, because her bedroom door slammed open, and their stood her younger twin brother, Stiles Stilinski. 

"Get up, get dressed!" Stiles shouted, rushing around his twin's room, throwing her black converses towards her. 

The older Stilinski raised her eyebrow at her twin brother, as she marked the page in her book that she was reading and sat in on her bedside table, "And where are we supposed to be going?" She asked putting the shoes onto her feet and standing up, sliding her phone in the back pocket of the jeans that she was wearing. 

"To get Scott. Dad left a few minutes ago. Two joggers found a dead body. I'll tell you more when we get Scott, so let's go!" Stiles rushed, pulling her out of the room. 

"Why do I have to go with you?" She asked as they got into the Jeep. Laken had her own car, one that she didn't earn on her own, and one that didn't come from her father, but one that came from her best friend, Jackson Whittemore himself. He had gotten the black Audi for her on her birthday

"Because Scott and I don't do anything without you." Stiles stated in a duh voice.

Laken rolled her eyes at her twin brother, and sat back in the seat, wishing Stiles would've given her time to grab a jacket from her closet before he pulled her out of the car. 

*******

Laken rolled her eyes as she watched her twin brother climb up the roof that belonged to Melissa McCall, the mother of their best friend, Scott McCall. Leaning against the railing, and out of sight, she watched Scott come out of the house, carrying a baseball bat in his hands, and she let out a silent giggle. 

Suddenly, she heard screaming, and looked up to see her brother hanging by his feet on the roof, and Scott swinging the bat, trying to hit the boy. 

"Stiles! What the hell are you doing?!" Scott exclaimed, turning his head as he saw Laken walk up the stairs to the porch, rubbing her arms from the cold air that blew.

"You weren't answering your phone!" Stiles spoke out in defense. "Why do you have a bat?"

"I thought you were  predator." Scott exclaimed. 

"A preda -- Look, I know it's late, but you've got to hear this. I saw our dad leave like twenty minutes ago." Stiles pointed to himself and his twin sister, "Dispatch called. They're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Department and even the state." 

"For what?" Scott asked.

"Two joggers found a body in the woods." Stiles smirked and jumped to the ground.

"A dead body?" Scott asked, and Laken slapped her forehead lightly at her best friend. 

"No, a body of water." Laken spoke, sarcastically, "Yes, dumb ass a dead body." 

"Wait, you mean like someone was murdered?" Scott asked. 

"No one knows yet. They said it was a girl, probably in her twenties." 

"Hold on, if they found the body, then what are they looking for?" Scott asked. 

"That's the best part." The younger Stilinski spoke excitedly, "They only found half." He said, almost squealing. Scott and Laken turned to look at each other, "We're going." 

"At least let me put a shirt on." Scott mumbled, turning to go into the house. Once he changed, he walked out of the house, handing a hoddie of his that he couldn't fit anymore to Laken. 

"Sco-,"

"Don't argue with me Laken Reese, put the damn thing on." He told her. 

********

"We're seriously doing this?" Scott asked, nervously. 

"You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town." Stiles said, pating his best friends back. 

"I was trying to get a good night sleep before practice tomorrow." Scott said, and Stiles snorted, making his older sister, slap the back of his head. 

"Right, 'cause sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort." Stiles said, and Laken slapped the back of his head. 

"No, because I'm playing this year," Scott said, "In fact, I'm making first line." 

"Hey that's the spirit." Stiles said, "Everyone should have a dream, even a pathetically unrealistic one." 

"Don't worry, Scotty." Laken smiled up at her other 'brother', "I believe in you."

"And that's why you are my favorite." Scott kissed the side of her head. "Just out of curiosity, which half of the body are we looking for?" 

Stiles stopped for a second and made a face, "Huh, I didn't even think about that." 

"Great." Laken mumbled to herself, stuffing her hands in the pocket of Scott's hoddie. 

"And, uh, what if whoever killed the body is still out here?" 

"Also something I didn't think about." Stiles said. 

"Its comforting to know you've planned this out with your unusual attention to detail." 

"I know." 

"Maybe the," Scott wheezed, "Severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight, huh?" He stopped and got his inhaler, Laken waiting for him. 

Stiles didn't say anything as he crouched down behind a branch, pulling Laken down, who pulled Scott down with her, "Okay, come on." 

"Stiles!" Laken and Scott yelled out to her twin brother, and Scott took another puff of his inhaler.

"Stiles!" Laken called, latching onto Scott's arm so he could keep up with her.

"Stiles!" Scott then called out. 

Stiles began to slow down, but a cop showed up with a dog, and Stiles dropped to the ground.

"Hold it right there!" 

"Hang on, hang on. This little delinquent belongs to me." Noah Stilinski said, and Laken's eyes widened and she pulled Scott behind a tree, pressing her body to his so they would both fit behind it. 

"Dad, how are you doing?" Stiles asked. 

"So, do you listen in to all my phone calls?" He asked his son. 

"No." Stiles denied, "Well, not the boring ones." 

"Where's your usual partner in crime and you twin?" The twins father asked. 

"Who, Scott and Laken? Th-They're at home." Stiles said, breathlessly. "Scott wanted to get a good night's sleep for the first day back at school tomorrow." 

"And Laken?" 

"Laken threw her shoe at me, and went back to talking to Jackson." Stiles lied for his twin sister. 

"Scott, you out there?! Laken!" Stilinski called out, and Scott covered Laken's mouth with his hand, as a light quickly went over them, and Stilinski sighed, turning back to one of his twins, "Well, young man." He gripped the back of Stiles' neck, "I'm gonna walk you back to your car." He began to drag Stiles, "And you and I are gonna ave a conversation about something called invasion of privacy." 

"Great." Laken mumbled as her and Scott started to walk away from the tree, "We're gonna have to walk to our houses in the middle of the night." 

"Lake, you can sleep over." Scott chuckled, kissing the side of her head, "Your half the bed is open always." 

******

The two teens walked around the wood when the ground started to shake. Laken and Scott looked at each other before dropping to the ground, Scott shielding Laken's body with his own making sure that she didn't get hurt.  

"Shit." Scott mumbled as the two stood up, "I dropped my inhaler." 

"Scott." Laken whimpered, suddenly scared as she looked around.

"Laken, help me find it please." Scott begged his best friend, practically sister. 

Laken sighed, before crouching down to help him push the leaves around. Scott shined his light around, and the two teens let out screams as they stumbled across half a dead body. Stumbling, they started to fall down a hill. 

Laken quickly stood up, helping Scott as she saw two red eyes. Suddenly the creature pounced, biting Scott. He went to bit Laken, but caught a scent from her and left her alone. The two jumped up, running and coming to the road. 

Scott grabbed Laken's arm as car came speeding towards them, yanking her out of the way as the car swerved. The two breathed hard as Scott pulled his jacket up, displaying the bit mark on his side. 

"Scott, we need to get you to the hospital." Laken said, but he shook his head. 

"Laken, we'll get grounded if our parents find out we left our houses." Scott said, "You can help me clean it at my house." 

"Fine." She mumbled, "But let's hurry." 

******

"Okay, let's see this thing." Stiles rushed over to his twin and best friend and Scott lifted his shirt up to show Stiles the bandage on his side that Laken reapplied this morning. "Oh!" Stiles went to touch it but Laken slapped his hand away as Scott moved. 

"Yeah. Whoa. It was too dark to see much, but I'm pretty sure it was a wolf." Scott said as Laken looked around. 

"A wolf bit you?" Stiles asked as the bell rang. 

"Uh, huh." 

"No a mermaid bit him." Laken replied sarcastically. 

"No, not chance."Stiles laughed. 

"I heard a wolf howling." Laken told her twin as she looked around for her best friend, Jackson Whittemore. 

"No, you didn't" Stiles argued. 

"What do you mean, no she didn't? How do you know what we heard?" Scott laughed at his best friend. 

"Because California doesn't have wolves, okay." Stiles explained, "Not in like 60 years." 

"Really?" Scott questioned. 

"Yes, really." We stopped walking, "There are no wolves in California." 

"Laken! Let's go, we got Geometry!" Jackson Whittemore called down the hall. 

"Bye boys, love you." Laken called both their cheeks as she skipped away.

"Laken! Wait!" Scott called, "Are you coming to watch us after school?!" 

"Wouldn't miss it, Scotty." She smiled, turning back to Jackson.

*****

Laken walked out of her art class that she didn't have with anyone of her friends or twin brother, Scott or Jackson and walked towards the lacrosse field because she was the last one to leave as she carefully put her supplies up. 

"Who is she?" Laken heard as she walked towards her twin brother. She looked up in the bleachers to see Lydia Martin and a girl she had never seen before looking at her. 

"Her? That's Laken Stilinski. She's been Jackson's best friend since Kindergarten. She's the one who got us together." Lydia said. 

"So her and Jackson are close?" 

"Very." 

"Lenny!" Coach Finstock yelled as he saw the only person at the school that he actually liked. 

"Hey Coach." She smiled, sitting next to Stiles.

"McCall!" He then yelled at her best friend. 

"Yeah?" 

"You're on goal." Coach threw Scott some equipment. 

"I've never played." 

"I know. Scoring some shots will give the boys a confidence boost. It's a first day back thing." He pat Scott on the back, "Get 'em energized, fired up." 

"What about me?" Scott innocently asked him. 

"Try not to take any in the face." He gently smacked Scott in the face. "Let's go! Come on!" 

Scott turned to look at Laken and she gave him a supportive smile. 

"Laken! You know how to play, when are you going to join the team?" Coach asked, looking down at her. 

"Coach, it's a boys team." She said, "But maybe Junior year." 

"Why Junior year?" He asked.

"Because I feel like this year is going to be one weird year." She told him. 

"I'll keep you to that." He said before she went to sit next to her twin brother. 

"How do you think he's gonna do?" Laken asked her baby brother. 

"Okay, one he'll do fine, I hope." Stiles said, "And two, your older than me by a few minutes." 

"Still older." She sung, her eyes not leaving the field.

Coach blew the whistle and practices started. 

Laken winched, seeing Scott get hit in the face with a lacrosse ball, "Come on, Scotty." She mumbled. 

The seconds guy in line went next, and Scott caught the ball. 

"Whoa! That's my boy!" Laken cheered, and Scott had a smile on his face as he caught ball after ball, "Uh oh." Laken caught sight of Jackson who had a stare off with Scott before he started to run and shot. 

"GO SCOTT!" Laken screamed, hugging her brother. 

Jackson went from looking at his girlfriend to his best friend. Laken caught his eyes and blew him a kiss, and he cracked a smile, knowing he could never be mad at her and not matter how mad he was. There was just something about Laken that everyone loved. 

******

The Stilinski twins and Scott went back into the woods after lacrosse practice to try to find Scott's inhaler. 

"I-I don't know what it was. It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball," Scott explained to the twins, going across a stream, "But that's not the only thing. I can hear stuff that I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things." 

"Smell thing? Like what?" The twins asked. 

"Like the mint gum in your pocket, and my cologne that Laken sprayed on this morning." 

"I don't have any-," Stiles pulled out a piece of gum from his pocket, "So this all started with a bite?" 

"What if it's like an infection, like my body's flooding with adrenaline before I fall into shock?" Scott asked. 

"You know what?" Stiles smirked at his twin, "I actually think we've heard of this." 

"Yeah, Scotty. It's a specific infection." Laken continued, know where her twin was going.

Scott's eyes got huge, "Are you guys serious?" 

"Yeah. Yeah, I think it's called lycanthropy." Stiles said, and Laken let out a quiet giggle. 

Scott's mouth dropped, looking between the twins, "What's that? Is that bad?" 

"Oh, yeah." Laken nodded, "It's the worst." 

"But only once a month." Stiles said.

"Once a month?" Scott asked dumb founded. Laken was enjoying this to much.  

"On the night of the full moon." Laken said before the twins both howled, and Scott pushed Stiles, ruffling Laken's hair.  

"Hey, you're the one who heard howling." Stiles shrugged. 

"There could be something seriously wrong with me." Scott said. 

"I know! Your a werewolf. Grr." Stiles fake growled and Scott gave him a look, "Okay, obviously we're kidding. But if you see us in shop class trying to melt all the silver I can find, it's cause Friday's a full moon." He put his hands on his hips. 

Scott looked down at the ground, "I could have sworn this was it. We saw the body, the deer came running. I dropped my inhaler." He crouched down, pushing the leaves around. 

"Maybe the killer moved the body?" Stiles questioned. 

"If he did, I hope he left my inhaler. Those things cost like 80 bucks." Scott said. 

Stiles turned looked around to see a man looking at them, and he hit Laken and Scott on the shoulder. Laken glared at her twin brother and stood up to punch him when she caught eye of the gorgeous man in front of her. 

"Damn, I need him for my birthday." Laken mumbled quietly so only she heard or so she thought so she could only hear, but she could have sworn she saw the unknown man crack the tiniest of smiles before going back to his hard look. 

Derek looked at the three teens in front of him, his eyes lingering on the only girl standing there. When ever Derek looked at her, all he could see was her. She also had a smell to her that he like. She smelt like roses and a mix of cologne that he took belonged to one of the two boys with her. 

  "What are you doing here?" He asked, and Laken shivered at the sound of his voice. For an odd reason when ever he spoke, Laken wanted to do what ever he said be there for him if he ever needed it, "Huh? This is private property." 

"Sorry, we didn't know." Derek's head snapped from glaring at Scott and Stiles to Laken, and he couldn't help but think about how much he loved hearing her voice. 

"We were just looking from something, but," Derek raised his eyebrows at Scott as the two stepped slightly in front of Laken, "Forget it." Scott said. 

Derek threw the inhaler he found the night before to Scott, taking another quick glance at Laken before walking off. 

"All right, come on, I gotta get to work." Scott told the two. 

"Dude, that was Derek Hale." Stiles said, as Laken kept her eyes in the spot that Derek had left. 

"My future husband." Laken turned to her brother and Scott who gave her a look. "What? Laken Reese Hale has a nice ring to it." 

"You remember, right? He's only like a few years older than us." Stiles said. 

"I like older guys." Laken said. 

"Over our dead bodies." Scott and Stiles said. 

"That can be arranged." 

"Remember what?" Scott ignored her. 

"His family. They all burned to death in a fire, like, 10 years ago." 

"I wounder what he's doing back?" Scott asked and Stiles shrugged. 

**********

Laken walked to her locker the next day, only to stop half way as she saw Jackson and Scott in the hallway. 

"Alright, little man." Jackson hissed at Scott, "How 'bout you tell me where your getting your juice." 

"What?" Scott asked, confused and Laken hit her palm against her forehead. 

"Where are you getting your juice?" 

"My mom does all the grocery shopping." Scott said, and Laken silently laughed. 

"Now, listen, McCall." Jackson snapped, "You're gonna tell me exactly what it is and who you're buying it from, because there is no way in hell you're out there kicking ass on the field without some sort of chemical boost." 

"Oh, you mean steroids!" Scott realized, "Are you on steroids?" 

"What the hell is going on with you, McCall?" He slammed Scott into his locker, holding him by his shirt. 

"What's going on with me? You really wanna know?!" Scott shifted in Jackson's grip and glared at him, "Well, so would I because I can see, hear, and smell things that I shouldn't be able to see, hear, and smell! I do things that should be impossible! I'm sleepwalking three miles into the middle of the woods, and I'm pretty much totally convinced that I'm out of my freaking mind!" 

"You think you're funny, don't you McCall?" Jackson chuckled. "I know your hiding something and I'm gonna find out what it is. I don't care how long it takes." He slammed his fist into the locker next to Scott's head before walking towards Laken and kissing her cheek as he walked by. 

*******

"Laken?" A female voice asked, quietly and said girl looked up from the book she was reading to find the new girl, "I'm, uh, Al-"

"Allison Argent. New girl." Laken said, closing the book, "Yeah, I know. You'r all anyone can talk about." She loosed her locker, making sure it was locked, "What do you want?" 

"Uh, Lydia told me to find you. She wants you to sit with us during lacrosse practice." Allison said softly. She wasn't going to lie, she was intimidated by the older Stilinski. 

"Well come on then new girl. Wouldn't want to miss it." Laken walked off, leaving Allison to rush after her.

******

"Laken! Get in here!" Stiles called from his bedroom. 

The older twin rolled her eyes and stood up from her bed, walking across the hall to Stiles' room. 

"What?" Laken asked, "Hey, Scotty." 

"Okay, since your both here just listen." Stiles said as Laken sat criss cross on his bed. 

"Oh, is this about the body? Did they find who did it?" Scott asked, sitting next to Laken. 

"No, they're still questioning people," Stiles said, "Even Derek Hale." He sat in his desk chair. 

"The guy we saw in the woods the other day?" Scott asked. 

"Yes, Scott." Laken said, "We're talking about my future baby daddy." 

"Not happening." 

"Whatever you say." 

"But that's not it, okay?" Stiles exclaimed, stopping the two from bickering. 

"What then?" Laken asked. 

"Remember that joke from the other day?" Stiles asked, "It's not a joke anymore." 

Laken and Scott looked at each other.

"The wolf, the bite in the woods."Stiles told them, trying to make them remember, "I started doing all this reading. Do you even know why a wolf howls?" Stiles exclaimed, jumping up from his seat. 

"Should I?" Scott asked. Laken had read so many supernatural and paranormal romance books that she knew what it meant. 

"It's a signal, okay? When a wolf's alone, it howls to signal its location to the rest of the pack." Stiles said. "So, if you two heard a wolf howling, that means there could have been others nearby. Maybe even a whole pack of them." Stiles finished. 

"A whole pack of wolves?" Scott asked. 

"No, werewolves." Stiles replied.  

"Are you seriously wasting my time with this? You know I'm picking up Allison in an hour." Scott complained, getting his stuff and standing up. 

"We saw you on the field today, Scott." Stiles said, "And what you did, it was amazing. No it wasn't just amazing, it was impossible." 

"Yeah, so I made a good shot." Scott said, sounding tired of the conversation. 

"No you made an incredible shot, I mean, the way you moved, your sped, your reflexes. People can't just suddenly do that overnight!" Stiles exclaimed, grabbing his bag and throwing it on his bed, "And there's the vision and the senses, and don't even think I don't notice you don't need your inhaler anymore." 

"Okay." Scott snapped, "I can't think about this now. We'll talk tomorrow." 

"What? Tomorrow? Scott, the full moons tonight." Laken told him. 

"Don't you get it?" Stiles asked. 

"What are you guys trying to do?" Scott shouted, Laken jumping in surprise. "I just made first line, I got a date with a girl who I can't believe wants to go out with me and everything in my life is somehow perfect. Why are you two trying to ruin it?" 

"I have to get ready for the party." Laken mumbled, saddened by Scott thinking she was trying to ruin his life. 

Laken went into her bedroom before she heard feet stomping down the stairs.

 "Laken!" She raced into her twins brother to see Stiles desk chair, having claw marks on the back. 

*******

Laken stood around the party, looking for someone she knew when she saw Derek Hale. 

"So what are you doing at a high school party?" Derek jumped slightly. He was too focused on Scott to notice that the oldest Stilinski twin walk over to him. 

"I'm watching Scott." He answered dully and Laken tilted her head, looking up at him. 

"Scott's a werewolf isn't he?" She asked an the older man looked down at her.

"Why are you talking to me?" Derek asked, searching her eyes. 

"When I see something I like, I go for it." She shrugged giving him a smirk, "Now, is he or is he not a werewolf?"

"Yeah, he's a werewolf." 

"That's all I asked." She said, before walking away. 

Derek watched her walk away, swinging her hips a little more than usual as she looked over her shoulder flashing him a smirk. 

*****

As Laken danced with a boy, who's name she forgot, she noticed Scott running and pushed her cup into the boys hand before running after him. She made it to the front of the house in time to see Scott speeding off in his mom's car. 

"Laken! You find Allison! I'm gonna go after him!" Stiles called out to his twin sister as he rushed off to his Jeep.

 Laken nodded, turning and bumping into a hard chest. Looking up, she saw Derek, but he wasn't looking at her, he was looking at Allison and for some reason, Laken didn't like that as Derek kept his arm around her waist.

"Allison, I'm a friend of Scott and Laken's." Derek said, and Laken looked at him with a hard glare. Since when were they friends she thought, "I'm giving Laken a ride home, and Scott told me to give you a ride home too." 

"Uh," Allison looked at Laken, who had turned her head to look at the Argent. 

"You'll be fine." Laken told Allison, and she nodded getting in the back. 

Allison watched as Derek looked down at Laken before opening the passenger side of the car for Laken to get in.

******

After dropping Allison off at the house, there was nothing but silence in the black car. Laken had her head leaned against the window, her knees pulled up to her chest and her arms wrapped around them. 

Derek looked from the road over to Laken and noticed that her eyes were closed. Even though he was driving he couldn't help but look at her. To him, she was beautiful. Laken shifted on the seat and Derek quickly looked back at the road as she looked over at him. 

"When did you drop Allison off?" She asked, rubbing her eyes, not doubt smearing eyeliner.  

"A few minutes ago." Derek answered, "You can go back to sleep. I'll wake you up when we get to your house." 

Laken watched Derek for a few minutes before laying her head back, and closing her eyes. Derek pulled in her driveway moments ago, relieved to not see the Sheriff's car parked outside the house. 

He turned his head, watching Laken's chest rise and fall. Derek got out of his car, and went around to the passenger side, picking the teen up and carried her into the house. Pausing at the top of the stairs, Derek searched for her scent in the hose, and took her to her room. 

Laying her on the bed, Derek pulled heels off her feet before pulling the blanket over her. Derek hesitated before leaning down and pressing a kiss to her forehead. Taking on last look at his mate, Derek left, shutting her bedroom door behind her. 

*****

Stiles rushed into his house, past his father, who had just getting there before his son, and ran up the stairs. He busted threw the door about to yell but stopped himself from doing so when he saw his older twin sister sound asleep in her bed. Letting out a breath of air, he turned around and walked out, going into his own room to sleep.

******

Laken walked outside, pausing as she saw Scott frozen as he starred at the man helping Allison into the red van. She quickly rushed to her, brother from another mother, and clutched onto his arm, braking him out of his trance.

"Scotty? You okay?" She asked, and he shook his head. 

"Last night, Derek saved me from some hunters." Scott said, "I got shot by an arrow by one of them. Allison's father was the one who did it to me."

"Allison's dad tried to kill you?!" Laken hissed, quietly so no one walking by would hear then. 

"Yeah." Scott nodded.

"Ohh, your in trouble."

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

15.5K 134 8
Teen Wolf Madelyn Stilinski, the younger twin sister of Stiles. Love, emotions, hormones, sex, drama. A normal teen life. But what about the supern...
5.9M 142K 49
[ BOOK ONE ] ❝ there are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared; twins. ❞ Kasey McCall is the twin sister of Scott McCall... while...
172K 3.2K 23
What would happen if Lydia had a sister? Taylor Martin is the twin sister to the one and only, Lydia Martin. While Taylor thinks this year is goin...
530K 12.6K 26
Rising Moon: All This Time I Was Finding Myself And I Didn't Know I Was Lost Scott McCall's twin sister Sophie is along for the ride with her brother...