Nerd Of The Year ( Published...

Af MsBookAddict

Who is a nerd ?? A person who is a bookworm ? Someone who wears big glasses ?? A loner ??? Meet Neveah Gail H... Mere

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32-part 1
Chapter 32-part 2
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Bonus 1
Bonus 2
The Greatest Announcement Of All Time!!!
Bonus book.
Interview with a Magazine

Chapter 23

222K 5.6K 281
Af MsBookAddict

Hello everyone, sorry for the long and here is the next chapter.

About the part where I say that Rick is shifting at the age of five, I will think about it and then change.

Chapter 23

Saturday is the best day of the week. One more holiday ahead and the only holiday when Ma doesn't take me wedding shop. Well, it was bound to get over by now but with Ma and her planning, it was taking ages!

I got up and had a long soak in the tub after which I dressed up in jean shorts and a tank top. I went downstairs and saw Ma flipping pancakes. Yum! I rubbed my stomach and said pointing to my stomach, 'you're in for a treat tummy.'

"Good morning," I greeted both Ma and Brian and sat on the chair.

Brian was on the dining table chair flipping through the newspaper.

"Hey honey," Ma came to me and kissed my forehead while Brian looked up from the paper and smiled at me. Being like this, I felt that my family is complete.

"So what's the plan for today?" hoping that it wasn't wedding shopping

"You and me are going to the mall this evening" Brian said. Mall? I hate shopping!

"Can't we go somewhere else? I mean like the dress store to buy my dress for the wedding." At least there will be only dresses there not like everything.

"No honey, you're mother is going to a business dinner tonight and we are free so I thought that it will be a good time for father daughter bonding."

"Can't we have this father daughter bonding in the house itself while watching the repeat telecast of Beauty and the Beast?" I was pretty much pleading, I didn't want to go the mall.

"Nope, we are going and that's final." I pouted a bit and then agreed.

The mall it is then!

The entire afternoon, I spent studying, well because I didn't have anything else to do. I also did a bit of the project of Chemistry. Just because I am helping him, doesn't mean that I trust him to do schoolwork.

After knowing that he is an Alpha leader thingy, I kind of understood that he may be busy. Taking care of a group of people is not an easy job. Somehow, after knowing what he is, has built some respect for him.

I and Brian entered a gift shop with all kind of things available. Well all kind of costly things, from a card to a rare diamond, they have it all. Brian wanted to buy Ma something, so here we are. How romantic!

I went to the jewelry section and asked the sales lady for the most beautiful piece of antique jewelry available.

"Are you sure?" The woman didn't believe that I had the capability to buy anything but then again I didn't look convincing in a tank top, ripped loosed jeans and a sling bag.

I turned back and pointed to Brian who was looking at watches, "Look at that man there, he is my Dad and he is loaded!"

"Alright honey," she showed me a large section of rings and lockets but I didn't like any of them. They weren't beautiful enough for my Ma.

"Do you have anything else? Something unique?" I wanted something different for Ma.

She searched for some time but came up with an old worn box? She gave it to me and said, "Open it."

I opened it and inside was two valuable stones.

One was bright red in color and the other one was black. Both of them were lockets. The red one was covered with a beautiful golden design in the shape of an oval while the black one was thin and in the shape of a rectangle. The black locket had a base covering of silver or probably platinum. Both of them were beautiful.

The black stone didn't look like a ladies pendant, it was what you could say more masculine.

"It's so beautiful, can we buy it?" the saleswoman looked unsure but I really wanted to buy them.

"I'm not sure; the pendant chooses the owner, not the other way around." The saleswoman replied with a really weird voice.

"Now you sound like the person from Harry Potter. The wand chooses the owner." I gave her a silly smile. Did she expect me to believe this?

"This may sound like a joke but it is the reality. It's not the first time that someone has shown interest in the stone but no one is able to purchase the stone due to some reason or the other. The stones always reach back here." There was an underlying warning in her statement which didn't go unnoticed by me.

"Okay." I replied drawing the 'Kay' part. "So let it be, pack the stones, if I'm lucky enough I'll be the one taking it home."

"If you are buying it, just make sure that you are the one wearing it."

"But it is a gift for my mother." Anyway, I am not a great fan of neckpieces.

"It isn't made for her, you will realize that soon."

"Okay now you sound scary." I smiled at her. Was she always like this or is it just with me?

"Here," she wrapped the old box in a bleak looking paper, "wear it when the time is right."

I just smiled her and bolted out of that section as fast as possible. If I would have been with her for a few more seconds, I would have gone mad. I found Brian in the watches section.

"I found it." I handed him the box, but his expression changed as soon as he opened it.

"Where did you get this from?" He sounded alarmed now. "The jewelry section." It was obvious. Brian however didn't look that happy with my selection.

"Do one thing, take it to the Alpha and I mean the senior Dale and hand it to him."

"Why will I give him the present I bought for Ma or rather we bought and this thing costs a lot? We yet have to pay for it." Was he nuts?

"Here take my card and pay for it and hand it over to Mr. Dale as soon as possible." He removed his card from his wallet and put it in my hand. I stood still not wanting to give the locket to him as the saleswoman had told only me to wear it.

"Are you sure?" I just asked for conformation again as I wasn't sure that he was in his right mind.

"I am sure Neveah, I am doing this for a reason. We will talk tonight." Ah man! A lot of people wanted to talk to me nowadays.

"Fine, I reluctantly took the card from his hand and made my way to the billing counter. I seriously liked the locket a lot and didn't want to give it but if this is what Brain wanted, then what can I do?

I was sitting in the food court section of the mall alone. Brian had to go due to some urgent work. I also paid the bill of the lockets which was safely tucked in my bag which I held close to myself. I still didn't understand what was so special about them? Sure they were beautiful but nothing more.

I had ordered a meal from McDonalds and was happily munching on the awesome fries. Seriously, there are no better fries than the ones made at McDonalds.

A shadow came on my plate. I looked up to see Ryder standing beside the table.

"Hi." I got up and gave him a hug. It felt like ages since I have seen him but I know that it has just been a week.

He returned my hug with equal enthusiasm. "Hey Nev."

"Come sit down." Ryder sat beside me on one of the chairs.

"You're alone?" I was hoping that Dan and Brody were there with him. I kind of missed him. It has been long since I have seen them. They are too busy to message also.

"Yup. They both are downed in piles of homework."

I frowned but cheered up quickly. At least Ryder was here.

"So what's up?"

"Nothing, just school." I then remembered something. "Hey, are you part of Easton's pack?" I lowered my volume when I started speaking about Easton's 'family'.

"Uh, no."

"Oh, so you are allowed to be without one?"
"Being in a pack, well it gives you security. To say, if a member from the pack is in some trouble, it is Easton's responsibility to rescue him or her. But however, let us say that I am in some kind of trouble, they will help me but not at the cost of their pack members. "

"Alright, but then why are you not a part of it?"

"Because I don't want to be a part of it. Well being in a pack brings a lot of responsibility on your shoulders and you don't have much freedom and privacy is rare."

I laughed, "Yaa, Easton told me about it. That well, sucks big time."

We talked and had fun for some more time before I remembered that I have to go to Easton's house. "Hey, do you have your car?"

"I do, why?"

"I need a lift to Easton's house. I came with Brian, my Ma's fiancée and now I have means of transportation."

"Alright, let's leave."

Ryder dropped me off at Easton's house. I told him that I will tell Easton to drop me home and he need not wait.

I rang the doorbell but no one answered. I waited for some more time and yet no answered. Since, his house was empty at present; I went to Xavier's house which was nearby.

Also, no one answered there too. Do they all have some get together kind of thing because the whole street sounded empty and silent?

I was leaving thinking of a way to go home when I heard some sound from the woods behind Easton's house. I followed the path of the sound and started walking in and praying that I don't encounter things which I did last time I was here. Being in this forest never ended up good for me!

I walked for some time before I came to a very open field like last time and there were almost hundred wolves standing.

F*ck my luck!

This was worse than last time. All the wolves were like huge and mighty looking. At the top of some stones at a height was a big black wolf which I recognized as Easton. He was growling and the wolves were growling back. This is like really weird. I mean how do they understand what Easton is growling about? When the growls started getting louder, I started panicking. The only thought in my mind was that 'I wasn't supposed to be standing here.'

I started backing away to run when a wolf looked towards me and growled.

Shit, shit what do I do now? I started backing away at a faster pace and the wolf growled louder. At that instant all the other growls stopped and they all were looking at me with their big eyes.

I looked toward Easton and jumped from the rocks and started running towards me. I started panicking and the last thought before everything went dark was 'Easton is going to kill me because I made him to the math sums.'

*****************************************************************************

A big thank you to all those who vote and comment and also a big thank you to my fans.

Vote

Comment

Fan

SUPRAJA

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

950K 24.3K 24
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ I was really inexperienced when I wrote this and quite dramatic. I understand that this book may not be everyone's favorite (even I cri...
558K 14.5K 55
This is the story of two different souls who meets each other at the right time and right place. Damien King, hot , handsome and sexy not to mention...
4M 50.4K 11
Rose goes to Australia for her summer before senior year, she never thought she would meet a guy nor ever hook up with him, but she did and now shes...
25.9K 819 26
Another role play between @LibbyLou814 and I. (She's Nini and I'm Ricky, and we fill in for the rest). Nini Salazar-Roberts: The definition of a "ner...