The Next to be Taken

By DezWeasel767

Ever wondered why some people are afraid of midnight or always portrays it as a bad time of night? It's for... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Tweleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty- six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty- Eight
Chapter Twenty- Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty- Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty

Chapter Nine

937 30 3
By DezWeasel767

Everyone was all gathered into the rectangular room. I stood on the table, leaning against the wall with my arms crossed like I didn't have a care in the world.

"Okay!" Kent clapped his hands together, stepping into the middle of the room. "What game?"

"Ooo! Ooo! Racing game!" A little boy yelled out, raising his hand.

"Mmm.. Not gonna happen, we don't have those special controllers done yet for any games." Kent squinted his eyes. "What else?"

"Monopoly?" Another boy asked.

"Uhh.. I don't know.. Last time some of you kept fighting over who would be the car, then would try to run each other over with the car." Kent walked back and forth.

"Tag?" A little girl suggested.

"No way," I cut in, causing her turn to look at me. "You know how horrifying it would be to turn around to see them coming after you when they are it? It would become a game of hide and seek."

Kent clapped his hands and pointed at me. "Perfect! Hide and seek it is!"

Oh dear lord what have I done..?

"Alright! Go find your hiding spot! Dash and I will be it, do not kill each other over a spot. And do not leave the library, that's the hiding zone."

All the kids ran to the side of the table and jumped off. I felt my heart stop for a second, but began beating when luckily I saw them holding onto the ropes that hung from the ceiling. These kids have been here long enough that they are able to get around like this without the aid of any of the two brothers.. What was I even suppose to do? How do they expect me to get down? I came up on the edge of the table, seeing how far away the ground was. I got a little dizzy even thinking about jumping onto the rope like the others did. But if they can do it, I can do it. Or eventually I can.. But there was no turning back now. I took a breath, then ran and jumped off of the table. When I felt the rope hit my hands, that same second I grabbed it as tight as possible. I came to a stop, my hands stinging. Thank God they had knots tied on the rope to make it easier to hold on.

I held on tightly, kinda scared to even attempt to move. "Mavis! Let me help you." Dash rushed to me, getting down to his knees and holding both of his hands under me.

"No! Go away! I can do it myself." I swatted at him to go away, bad move.. Doing this sudden motion, my other hand slipped and I was falling once again. I yelped, closing my eyes until I felt myself stop. I rolled over, opening my eyes to find myself in Dash's hands.

"So I take it that you really did need my help?"He said almost smugly.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, maybe I did." I admitted.

"There's no shame in that." He lowered me back down to the ground, allowing me to get off. I grabbed his finger to help myself up, quickly climbing off.

"Now, go hide. Can I trust you that you won't run away?" He quizzed.

I thought about it for a few seconds. "Maybe just for this round."

"Good enough, now go." He nudged me to go on and out the room. I got out without Dash, he stayed back in the room. I looked around the area, seeing a bunch of book shelves lining the walls. He has his own library?!

"Sister!" I heard a little voice call. I turned to see Maddie hiding in one of the book shelves. "Go hide, they will be coming soon." She warned.

Okay, I guess I'm really doing this. I ran to another book shelve all the way at the end, all the way in the back. I stepped up onto the first shelf, squeezing myself in the back and all the way to the back wall of the book shelf. I got behind the books, crouching down. It only took about maybe three minuets and I could hear the movement of the giants moving around. After a little while, I could hear the sounds and excited squeals and laughter coming from the other children when they were found.

I looked down, I don't think I can be that happy here as the others. They are all so young, they probably don't know any better. But on the other hand, some were pulled from some really tough situations. They were actually probably very glad to be here instead of in their own world. I heard movement close to where my hiding spot was. I froze for a second, then tried to glance over the books to see anything. I saw shoes, I got back down when they crouched down. The books around me all started to move, this felt really creepy actually. Then a book I was behind pushed forward, into me. I was pinned to the wall, the book held a loose piece of paper that stuck out. Who I believe was Kent, walked away after not seeing anything. I put my hands onto the book, trying to push it away and off of me. But instead of it moving completely off of me, it moved an inch and my hand slipped on it.

I hissed at the pain, I managed to get out from around the book and clench my hand in pain. Looking down to my right hand, seeing a long, diagonal cut down the center of my hand. Blood started to make itself known, oozing through the cut. I got up, squeezing back out the book shelf, trying to spot where the two went. They were in the other section of the library with their backs to me. I began to make my way around the shelves.

"Sister," I heard a whisper. I turned to find the source, of course finding Maddie again. She looked like she was about to say something, but seeing my hand, her eyes went wide. "What happened?"

I quickly glanced in the direction of the two giants to keep up with what they were doing then I looked back to the little blonde haired girl. "I'm out the game." I said, walking around the shelf and out a back door. Not even giving her time to say anything else to me.

I pulled the door open and headed straight for..... 'my' room.. I Shut my door behind me, blowing my curly hair out of my face. I rushed up the stairs of the night stand and to my bed. Taking a seat on the edge, I decided to take the dare to look at how bad my hand was hurt. When I opened my hand again, blood was now filling my hand little by little. Not bleeding super fast where it would be alarming, but I knew it wasn't life threatening.

What else could I use to stop the bleeding?
The door opened, pulling me out my thoughts.
"Mavis, what happened? Why did you-" Dash stopped in mid-sentence when he saw blood leaking around my hand.
Concern immediately filled his eyes as he ran over to me, dropping to his knees so he could be level since I was sitting up on the bed. "What happened?" He tried to better see my hand by using his finger to push my hands up.

I responded by yanking them away. "From your little game. How am I better off here when I can get hurt any little way?! This is from a paper cut!"

I could tell by his face that he had no idea what to say, he just stared up at me. He tried to find something to say since he knew he had to say something. "I-I'm sorry, I really am. Normally things like this don't happen when we play." He apologized, then looked down to my hands. "Let me help you with them-"

I yanked them away once more. "Haven't you done enough?"

He puffed out his checks, pulling his hands back. He seemed to have been thinking, but he just got up and left. Finally he got the hint to leave me alone. I opened my hand to check up on it, the bleeding seemed to have slowed down. I kept staring at it, until the door opened again. I didn't even bother to see who it was, but then again, I felt like I already knew. Since there are only two giants here, and by the color of the clothing, and why would Kent care?

Dash got down, I could hear him looking through something. "You know, I really am worried about you." He started.

"Why would you be worried about me? I'm nothing to people.." I bowed my head. Thinking back to when I was picked on all my life, I was the boy's punching bag and nobody cared to even help me. Nor would anybody spare any food, not even a little.

I felt something on my chin, then my head was pushed up to look into Dash's eyes. "Don't ever think that way. Don't you see how much you already mean to the kids here? To Maddie? You are not nothing. Nobody is nothing." I felt the stinging pain in my hand, I clamped my eyes shut. Barely managing to crack them open to see Dash wiping the blood off of my hands and cleaning them.

"Don't put yourself down like that, don't listen to others who tells you that you are anything less. You are who you are, you can't be less and you can't be doing yourself wrong by being yourself. Yo-" He stopped himself, looking up at me. "Are you thinking about those boys?"

Referring to the ones that about knocked me out of a tree the other day. I shrugged my shoulders, refusing to make direct eye contact.

He breathed out. "Those boys..." He shook his head. "I think they just don't know how to handle themselves or they just want to seem cool to their friends and they think the best way to do that is to hurt others. Don't worry about them. You being here, you never have to worry about it again." He stood. I blinked, looking down to my now bandaged hand. He distracted me with talking while he fixed my hand. I closed my hand, looking back up to him, finding him already at the door way. "I have to go help Kent find the other kids, you don't have to join back in unless you want to. That's your option." He left, leaving the door cracked

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...