Fighting Fire with Fire (A Da...

By greaserforharry

Kate is a 16 year old girl who has just moved from New York City to Tulsa, Oklahoma. When she gets there, she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10- Part 1
Chapter 10- Part 2
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Update!!
Chapter 14

Chapter 11

7.2K 182 76
By greaserforharry

Chapter 11

Kate's POV

I watched as Dally strolled into the DX with such confidence. I admired the way his lips twitched into a smirk when he caught my eyes on him and I quickly looked away.

"Well, look who it is," Soda smirked. "Were your ears burning, Dal, 'cause we were just talkin' bout ya."

My eyes widened in horror, and I couldn't believe Soda had actually just said that. I had hoped he would keep this to himself, but it looked like he had other intentions.

"Oh really, what was it about?" Dally asked with a chuckle.

"Me and Kate were just talking about..." Soda started, but I cut him off quickly.

"Just about how me and you like the same cigarette brand," I said, and I instantly realized how stupid it sounded.

"Okay?" Dally said, and it came out more like a question.

Soda just rolled his eyes, and I stuck my tongue out at him. I was definitely going to yell at him later for it.

Dally hung out with us for a little while longer, and he didn't mention anything about last night. Maybe he wanted to do it in private, I just didn't know. I doubted he even wanted to talk about it, and he probably just wanted to forget about it. Half of my brain told me just to forget about it, but the other half wanted something more to happen. I was extremely conflicted, but I willed myself to just go with the flow for the time being. It would hopefully work out better that way.

He left about an hour later, and I immediately hit Soda in his shoulder.

"What the hell was that for?!" he exclaimed, rubbing his shoulder.

"For almost telling Dally we were talking about him!" I exclaimed. "I'm sure you know better than anyone right now, other than Silpa, what went down last night. And I can't believe you just did that!"

"You're right, I do know. And the only reason why I did it is because I think you like Dally and he likes you back," Soda explained.

"So you knew I was lying last night?" I asked.

"Yup," Soda smiled. "You weren't at your best last night, I'll tell you that. Normally you're great at lying."

"Yeah, I know," I grumbled.

"So I'm right about you liking him?" he asked.

"Yup. But don't tell anyone yet. You and Silpa are the only ones that know."

"I feel so important. I'm one of two people, a best friend at that, that knows a secret about Kate Boyle," Soda said, resting his clenched hands on his waist like Superman.

"Not to burst your bubble, man, but it's not that important of a role," I smiled.

"So you're saying I'm not your best friend?" he said with a fake look of hurt, grabbing at his chest.

"Yup," I said, popping the 'p' and smirking at him. He began to fake cry, and I just laughed at him more. Suddenly, he stopped fake crying and shot me a glare.

"So even if I was actually crying, you would still laugh at me?" he said.

"Probably," I laughed even harder.

"Great to know," he grumbled.

"Oh, c'mon Soda. If it'll make you happy, then you are my bestest friend," I said.

"I doubt that," he smiled.

"A bigger bestest friend than Silpa," I stated.

"Okay then, I believe you now," he laughed.

"Hey, I'm not your biggest bestest friend?" Silpa said as she walked into the DX, along with Pony, Johnny, and Bella.

"No, you've been replaced by me," Soda said, a childlike grin on his face.

"You've done it now," Silpa said, pointing a finger at him.

"Okay, well anyways, how was the movie?" I smirked, making all four of them instantly blush.

"It was.. good," Silpa answered.

"Oh that's great. So Soda, Steve, and I were thinking of going and seeing it later on. Would you mind telling me a little about it to see if I would be interested?" I asked.

"Well, it was about..." And Pony jumped right into the synopsis of the story, and since I had already seen it, I couldn't say anything about it.

"You little punk, you guys are no fun," I grumbled, and the four of them grinned triumphantly.

"Damn, I thought we would've caught them and made them admit they had made out," Soda shook his head.

"Well, I never said none of that happened. You just told me to tell you about the movie, so I did," Pony smirked and Silpa's eyes widened. She slapped him on the arm.

I started to laugh at their exchange, and Soda and Steve, who had just walked in as well, joined me. It was cute to see the younger ones of the gang falling in love. They definitely had it easier than us older ones.

"So do you guys wanna go to a party tonight? Shepard is throwing one for all the greasers in town," Pony asked.

"Sure, that sounds like fun," I shrugged. Soda and Steve shrugged as well.

"It's settled then," Silpa said with a smirk, and I knew that couldn't have been good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After my shift was over, Silpa and I went over to my house to get ready for the party. Throughout the walk there, I tried to get Sil to tell me the true meaning behind the smirk she gave me, but she wouldn't budge. I gave up after a few attempts.

When we got to my room, I let Sil pick out an outfit from my dresser as I began curling my hair. I decided to re-do my makeup and give myself a smokey eye, since we were going out at night. I watched as Silpa pranced into the bathroom as I was applying my foundation.

"What about this?" she asked, twirling around. She was wearing a pair of my skinny jeans that I couldn't wear anymore since I grew out of them and a light pink v-neck, paired with the leather jacket she had worn here.

"It looks great," I smiled and began to apply my makeup again. I asked Sil if she wanted me to do her makeup again, to which she happily agreed.

About an hour later, I was finished with my hair and makeup and was almost done with Silpa's hair. I had decided to curl it like mine, but I braided her hair on the right side to get it out of her face.

"Finished," I said and allowed her to look in the mirror.

I walked over to my desk and grabbed some cash, stuffing it in my pocket. I made sure that my switchblade was in my right pocket, just in case there was trouble.

We walked out of my house and headed towards the Curtis house, which was where we would be meeting the rest of the gang. Once we got there, I noticed that the whole gang had already arrived.

"You guys seriously take forever to get ready," Soda groaned and I have him a smirk.

"Well did you think it only took five minutes to look this good?" I said sarcastically and he laughed.

"So are we ready?" Silpa asked from behind me.

"Yup," Darry answered, and we all started for the vacant lot. I walked alongside Sarah and Silpa as we made our way to the party, and I glanced over at Dally who was joking around with Johnny. He suddenly grabbed Johnny into a headlock, and I smiled at the gesture.

When we reached the lot, I was surprised to see at least a hundred Greasers at the party. Some held cups in their hands while others were dancing to the music that was being played from multiple car radios.

"I didn't know there were so many Greasers," I whispered to Silpa.

"Yeah, a lot of the one's here are from Shepard's gang. He's got a lot of members in his gang," Silpa explained.

We walked over to a random guy who was handing out drinks from a table, and grabbed a drink.

"What is it?" I asked him, sniffing the cup.

"Beer and rum mix," he answered, and I shrugged my shoulders, taking a sip. The drink was definitely strong, but the burning sensation I got when it traveled down my throat felt good.

"You want some, Sil?" I asked.

"Nah, I'll pass. That stuff is disgusting," she said, wrinkling her nose in disgust.

"Suit yourself," I smirked, taking another sip.

"Wanna dance?" Sarah asked, and I nodded, finishing off my drink and tossing it into the trash can.

The girls and I headed over to the dance floor and started dancing in a large group. Since there were seven of us, it was hard to dance, but we made it work. I was having a great time, and it felt good to let loose for a little bit. I found myself laughing at Michelle's jokes and gossiping with Sade, and I felt like the girl from New York again. These were the kind of parties I always went to there, so it was nice to have a piece of home.

The guys also came over to join us, and like always, Two-Bit was making a drunken fool of himself on the dance floor. I never could understand how he could drink so much, so fast.

Most of the songs were upbeat, but we soon came to a slower one. I immediately stopped and watched as my fellow gang members found their partners. Even Jaelyn had found that Justin guy, and Steve was back with Evie. I awkwardly tried to squeeze myself through the numerous couples who were dancing so that I could grab another drink. I was stopped by a hand on my wrist, and I turned around to be met by Dally.

I was surprised to see him on the dance floor, because he didn't seem like the type to like dancing. I looked up at him, waiting for him to say something.

"Um, you wanna.. dance?" he asked awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

"Sure," I smiled, and he led me over to a spot on the dance floor that could fit us. I saw Silpa smirk at me from a few feet over, and I realized she had knew this was going to happen earlier.

I latched my arms around his neck as he placed his on my waist, and we swayed back and forth in time with the music. I felt uncomfortable at first because I had never been so close to him, other than the times when we kissed. My heart was beating a mile a minute, and I bet he could feel it.

"Sorry if I'm, uh, bad at this," he started.

"No, you're fine."

I still hadn't looked him in the eyes, and I tried to avoid them as much as possible. I set my gaze over his right shoulder, and kept it there. But my gaze was soon interrupted when Sarah and Sodapop started dancing right in front of me. Soda gave me a wink, and I just rolled my eyes, lightly shaking my head. He mouthed, "Get it," and I couldn't help but laugh.

"What's so funny?" Dally asked, and I finally looked at him.

"Nothing, Soda and Sarah are just too funny," I laughed.

He smiled a bit at my answer and now that I had looked at him, I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. I had never taken the time to look at his features closely but I took the opportunity to do so now, especially since we were so close already. He had such beautiful chocolate brown eyes, and he was one of the few people that actually could pull it off. Most people had boring brown eyes, but his held a light and mischievous glint that was so original.

My eyes moved down to his plump lips that were tainted a light pink, and I could tell that he knew what I was looking at. I felt him start to lean in, and just before our lips met, a loud burst of a car engine startled us both. We jumped away from each other, and looked around for the cause of the noise. The other couples had stopped dancing as well, and turned to watch as a Mustang, followed by other fancy cars, rolled up to the lot.

I began to walk over to where the Mustang had parked, and Dally was hot on my heels. I crossed my arms and waited as Bob climbed out of his car, a beer in his right hand.

"What are you doin' here, Sheldon," I snarled, grabbing his attention. He smirked as he made his way over to me.

"Oh nothin', I just came here to warn you guys."

"Warn us about what?" I snapped.

"You'll see," he laughed, and walked back to his car. I stepped forward to run after him, but was held back by Dally.

The Greasers around me were silent as we all watched them drive away. Even the music had been turned off, so I was engulfed in an eerie silence. When the last car was finally out of sight, I finally broke the silence.

"That fucking bastard."

***********************************

Hey guys!

So I'm sorry that I didn't update when I said I would. I was just really busy this week and I was so tired last night that I fell asleep at 9 lol. But here's Chapter 11! What did you guys think of the party? And seriously, I hate Bob hahaha. Oh and I also changed my cover, so let me know what you guys think!

Remember to vote and comment!

Stay gold

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 3.4K 33
she's a greaser who didn't have a place where she belonged. her father died and her mother is a bad drug addict. let's just say her home life isnt go...
15.8K 125 44
A high school dropout who is only friends with a group of greasers. Her mother left her with her dad at age 6. Sage and her father left Tulsa; until...
199K 3.1K 42
When Nicole Winston is kicked out of her New York home by her alcoholic and abusive father, she only has one person to turn to: her brother. The prob...