Born Of Ashes

By CarbonMoon

The Unmated Ball only happens once every generation. The next heir to the throne needs a mate! The next just... More

Preface
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
A/N
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
*A/N
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
*A/N
Chapter Twenty-Three
*A/N
Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
The First Burning
*A/N Please Read Me!!!
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Cain's Story
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
PLEASE READ ME!!
Update on things!
The Great Tree
Chapter 31
Rewrite

Chapter Thirteen

54.7K 1.8K 120
By CarbonMoon

"To xXArachnidXx for the amazing gif on the side!! Thank you!! :))" - Abbie xxx

Chapter Thirteen

Iris's POV

I couldn’t stop thinking. My brain would only switch off for a few seconds before it started screaming at me that we were kissing the Crown Prince; we were kissing Robbie; our first kiss. For this reason it only lasted a few seconds.

Robbie chuckled pulling back with a smile. “Couldn’t stop thinking?” he gave me a stomach flipping smile.

I blushed deep red. “Well when someone steels your first kiss from you that tend to happen,” I stock my tongue out at him.  The kiss was only light as a feather but his lips felt like they were burning still on mine.

“Sorry,” he chuckled. “Next time I’ll warn you,” he winked causing me to blush even more.

“So...” I nervously laughed as we fell into an awkward silence.

“This isn’t awkward, is it?” he grinned getting up from the bed.  “Well it is late, we better sleep,” he gave me a small smile before moving to go the door.

“I thought I was meant to be in the guest room?” I laughed.

“Well since you’ve already made yourself at home...” he nodded to the fact I had already fallen asleep in his bed. I blushed. “Night Iris,” he chuckled.

“Night,” I echoed. I soon fell into an uneasy sleep.

Robert’s POV

In the beginning the Spirit trapped the elements and handled them to the gods. He know that if he destroyed them that the world would go into ruin but as time went on the Spirit found himself slowly growing more attached to Cinder.

She was beautiful with raging fire for hair that flickered and twisted in a dance as old as time. Her skin was golden and her eyes were rubies. She may have looked beautiful but her temper was short and no one could tame her as she was as wild as the roaring oceans. The Spirited had started to fall in love with Cinder but every time she would refuse him. He grew angry and trapped her in a box of nothing but darkness. Over time Cinder’s light began to dim as he had almost broken her spirit.

A strong and brave human who had seen the suffering of man with the dimming light decided to put a stop to the pain and suffering. On the back of a giant eagle he flew up to the heaven and found the trapped elements. He set them free but couldn’t find Cinder. He searched and searched but after a whole day she was nowhere to be found. Growing weary of his quest the young man decided check the darkest corners of heaven and that is where he found the diming light of Cinder.

I re read the story of how fire came to earth that my mother use to read. I smiled remember that I se to pretend I was the young man saving Cinder from the evil spirit. I use to love reading myths and legends.

I sighed deeply remembering my childhood.

“She’s just the flavour of the week...” Iris sang loudly in the shower as I read waiting for her to come out. It was out last day in my family cottage and we were heading back to her pack and then onwards to my castle were she has agreed to spend another week with me.

I smiled hoping that my mother would like my choice of a Queen. She had liked Aletta and had treated her with open arms; I hoped she would do the same for Iris.

“Hello,” I answered the phone.

“Robert,” Eliza’s voice met my ears.

“Hey,” I grinned putting my book down.

“When are you, arriving at the castle?” my never referred to that place as home.

“In a few days,” I said. “We’re going back to Iris’s pack first and staying for a few days, she misses her family,” I explained.

“But they are not her real family,”

“I know but they are all she has ever known,” I explained.

“Okay whatever,” she said. “But you need to hurry, father is growing restless and mother is worried,” she yawned. “And court wants their crown Prince back to decide on the next Queen,”

“Okay I’ll be back in a few days,” I sighed hanging up.

“What’s wrong?” Iris jumped on the bed causing me to chuckle as her childlikeness.

“Nothing,” I rubbed my eyes. “Court wants me back at the castle,” I sighed looking up at her.

“Why?” she smiled running her hands over her wet hair to make it into a pony tail.

“They want me to pick a Queen,” I looked her in the eyes but she shifted her gaze to the sheets which she began to pick at.

“Who are you gonna pick?” she tried to keep her voice flat.

“I was thinking...” I grinned. “That maybe Harper,” her head snapped up.

“What?” she said shocked and I think a little hurt before I started laughing.

“I was kidding,” she playfully punched me.

“Please don’t kid about that,” she said.

“Why jealous?” I grinned.

“No,” she said too quickly. “I just wouldn’t hear the end of it,”

“Don’t worry I would never pick Harper,” I shook my head remembering her sugar pink dress. I shivered girls like that were too hard to handle for a life time, they were only good for a one off.

“That’s mean,” she slapped at my arm. “Harper is not that bad,” she said.

“You are joking right?” I laughed.

“She isn’t, she is a lovely person but her heart isn’t always in the right place,” she tried to explain Harper’s actions at the Unmated Ball.

“So when you were having a panic attack at the Unmated Ball and her offering to dance with me was because she cared about you?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Well my father suggested it,” She shrugged. “And Harper has always had a crush on you,”

“No she hasn’t,” I shook my head. “She has had a crush on power, fame and money,”

“Okay maybe that was a factor but she did find you good-looking,” she pointed.

“Come on Iris,” I raised an eyebrow. “Who doesn’t?” I winked as she blushed.

“Err Eve,” She muttered.

“Who,” I asked.

“I girl I met at the Unmated Ball,” she said.

“What pack was this girl in?” I asked.

“I don’t know, I didn’t see a pack mark to be fair I wasn’t even looking,” she shrugged but a sense of dread started to fill my insides.

“What do you mean you didn’t see a Pack Mark?”

“I didn’t see one Robbie,” she said looking at me funny. “Anyway it doesn’t matter,” she smiled.

I agreed but could shake the feeling like something was wrong with that picture. You couldn’t get in the Unmated Ball without a Pack Mark visible on your neck; that is where a pack mark sits, a mated mark sits on your heart, while a children’s mark sits on your ribs. At each stage of life for a werewolf a new mark appears on your body like a tattoo. You can’t see them in less you are a supernatural apart from the mated mark which a human can see.

I couldn’t stop thinking about this all the way pack to the Iron Wolf Pack. How did she get in? And what did she want?

___

Sorry for the late update and for it being shorter than normal. This is kind of filler but I hope you like it. I was gonna write more when they were staying at the Cottage but I got bored and didn’t really know what to write so I have moved them on.

Oh and guys there is a story called Your Choice it is kind of based off this one (it uses the Unmated Ball) it by differenceareforreal. Check it out :))

I hope you like and

VOTE

COMMENT AND

FOLLOW PLEASE?

Abbie

xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 21 51
****WARNING!!! This book has themes in it that may be triggering for some. (Rape, sexual assault, violence, strong language) please proceed with caut...
1M 29.8K 21
🔞Includes Mature Themes🔞 Such As- Sex Masturbation Sexual activities Profanity A/B/O Dynamics Smut Etc. If any of this makes you uncomfortable, re...
1M 9.2K 7
Completed..... (This book is now moved from Wattpad to Novelcat. Only sample chapters are available here.) #Won 3rd prize in Werewolf contest held by...
248K 12.3K 67
"I'm going to erase and replace that man-every man-from your mind," Alexander's grip on me tightens. A snarl escaping his lips to remind me exactly w...