Take A Walk (A Hunter Hayes F...

By Nethii120700

❝I'll take a walk, clear my thoughts, move along, no questions asked. Take whatever's left of me, and leave y... More

Take A Walk (A Hunter Hayes Fanfiction, Book 5 of The Hardships Saga)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four

Chapter Forty-Seven

117 6 9
By Nethii120700

❝ignore (pronounced ɪɡˈnɔː or ig-nor), verb
to disregard intentionally.❞

She expected a text.

Maybe a phone call.

To be honest, she'd have accepted a messenger pigeon. If he'd just try and contact her somehow.

But he didn't. No, if anything, he was avoiding her. He would read her messages and not respond, he would answer his phone, and the moment he heard her voice, he hung up. It got to the point, a week later, the day before he left for college, when she walked up to his front door and knocked.

He opened the door and froze, seeing her. He stared at her for a moment, then went to close the door, and she put her foot in the door. "Oh, no you don't. We need to talk."

He sighed, sounding incredibly annoyed, and opened the door for her. She gulped, walking in. Despite her fierce words, she didn't feel welcome, and it terrified her. "Well," she said, trying to sound cool and collected. "You've been ignoring me. Why?"

He wouldn't look at her. "Robin, I think you should leave."

"Since when was I 'Robin' to you?"

"This isn't a good time-"

"So when is? Are we just going to ignore what happened last week? Is it that unimportant to you?"

He sighed, then looked at her. "If people find out I slept with a sixteen year old-"

"I'm almost seventeen-"

"That's not the f*cking point, would you just listen to me?" he snapped. "People would judge me. I don't need that in my life. You're a child, you don't know what you want and I took advantage of you. Please leave, Robin. We can't be here."

"You're... embarrassed?"

He turned away, looking at his dining table and tracing the pattern of the grain. "Robin, please leave."

"What?" she whispered. "So you just 'take advantage' of me, you take something that was special away from me, and now you're just leaving without giving me any closure? What kind of person does that?"

"I do."

"Clearly," she snapped, her voice breaking, before she stood. He glanced at her, looking ashamed. "I hope you're proud of yourself, Jordan. I hope you're proud of what you did to a stupid little kid."

"That's not what I meant-"

"I don't care. See, I'm obeying adults, because I'm a good kid. I'm going home."

"Robbie, wait," he tried to say, reaching out to grab her arm, and she ripped it away from his grasp with a quiet growl. "It's not that I'm embarrassed, it's because I wanted-"

"Rebound sex? Because someone your age wasn't doing it for you, so you seduced me instead? Is it because the idea of having sex with me would be so damn embarrassing to Diana that you wanted revenge?!"

"Robin!"

"I don't care what you wanted. Have a good rest of the week, Jordan." She wiped her eyes, and walked out, slamming the door behind her.

She wasn't sure exactly where it was that she was walking, but she ended up not at home, but at a tiny flat. She knocked on the door, hoping someone would respond.

Drew opened the door with a smile. "Robbie!" His smile instantly faded as he saw her sniffling. "Honey? What's wrong?"

"N-Nothing," she mumbled. "Can I come in?"

"Of course," he said, opening the door for her. She walked inside, arms wrapped around herself, and their puppy, Diglett, jumped onto her lap. "Is Ellie home?"

"She went to a rehearsal, but she'll be back in a bit."

As if on cue, they heard the door open, and Drew called, "Cookie, we have a visitor."

"A visitor?" She walked into the room, all elegance and grace in her leotard and joggers. "Robbie! It's nice to see- have you been crying?"

She shrugged. "I can't tell Ma, so I thought I'd tell you."

She sat down next to Drew, setting her bag by her feet, and Diglett wagged his tail. "What's up?"

Robin's bottom lip trembled. "I'm an idiot," she mumbled, tears beginning to spill from her eyes. "I'm such an idiot, Ellie."

"Why?"

"I was- you know how I go to Jordan's house because he tutors me at night and stuff?" she asked tearfully, wiping her eyes frantically. Drew made to stand, to comfort her, but Elle stopped him with her hand.

"Yeah?"

"He- he told me he broke up with Diana, and then-" She hiccupped, and Diglett licked her hand again. "He was acting weird, and I told him so, and then he started- started c-complimenting me, and he was saying I had nice skin or something- and then he asked about Tyson and I said we broke up- a-and then he k-kissed me- except it w-wasn't just kissing, he started t-taking my clothes off and- and we slept together."

Elle's eyes widened, and Drew asked, "Robbie, how old is he?"

"T-Twenty. He's twenty."

His eyes widened. "And you're sixteen?!"

"Turning seventeen, it's not statutory rape," mumbled Elle, "just creepy. Did he force you?"

"N-No-"

"Manipulate you? Hurt you?"

"No, never- he just- he asked if it was my first time, he didn't have a condom but I'm on the pill for my period, so-"

"Robin! That's irresponsible!" chided Elle. "What if you'd gotten pregnant, what would you have told Ma and Pa?"

"I don't know!"

"When was this?"

"Last week."

"So you might be pregnant and you just don't know?"

"N-No! There's n-no way! I'm on my period right now anyway!"

"I can't believe you didn't even think about the consequences! What if you caught something from him?!"

"It's hard to say no when- when it just happens like that, okay?! Besides, I asked if he was clean and he said he was!"

Elle looked angry, until Drew placed a hand on her arm gently, and she sighed, her fury melting away at his touch. "Calm," he breathed, before looking at Robin. "You're sure he didn't pressure you at all? Blackmail you, force you in any way?"

"H-He wouldn't... he's not... like that..."

Elle sighed, and walked over, kissing the top of her head. "You need to be more responsible," she said softly. "What happened then?"

"He- wouldn't talk to me. The morning after, he had left, and he didn't communicate with me. I expected him to m-message, or text- something, at least, but he didn't. I went to him t-today, and he-" She choked up again. "He said I was just a k-kid, and that he had taken advantage of m-me... it was embarrassing that he'd had sex with me... that no one could know. He kept telling me to leave, so I l-left and I came here. He's g-going to college tomorrow. He just wanted me to go."

Drew looked tired when he stood up and sat beside Robin, wrapping an arm around her. "Are you okay?"

"I've been better, not gonna lie," she said, with a half laugh, half sob.

"Elle, darling, would you mind making us some tea? Robbie, do you want tea?"

"Coffee, please," she whispered.

"Sure. I made cookies, too-"

"I'm not hungry," breathed Robin, wiping her eyes frantically. "I'm fine."

Drew hugged her gently as Elle walked away. "You know, it's not a big deal, your first time. Elle's first time wasn't with me, and yours doesn't have to be with someone you love, either."

"But I've liked him so much for such a long time-"

"But that's not the point I'm making here. You don't love him, do you?"

"I... I don't know. I've never been in love before."

"Well... if it was love, it would hurt to even think about him leaving. You'd wish to be with him all the time, and you'd feel empty without him. You know he's not perfect and yet you'd do anything for him because you can look past it."

"That's... exactly how I feel."

He sighed. "Then it's harder."

"He doesn't care," breathed Robin. "I know that. Why can't I move on?"

"Because it's not that easy," said Drew simply. "Does your mom know where you are?"

"N-No."

"I'll call her. Does she know about Jordan?"

"No. I didn't tell her."

"You should tell her. You know she wouldn't get angry."

"Not yet. I'm- I'm still-"

"I know. Breathe. It's okay." He sighed. "Right, what we're gonna do is we're gonna go to a doctor. Get you checked out, just make sure there definitely is nothing. I mean, you might've caught something from him, or maybe by some crazy chance you are pregnant. I mean, not definitely- but I'd rather get it checked. Wouldn't you?"

"Y-Yeah, but with whose money?"

He looked like he was about to say something, then stopped himself in time. "I..."

Elle came back in, holding a tray with cookies and mugs. She handed Robin the Moana mug, her favourite one, and Robin took a sip slowly. "Are you... are you mad?"

Elle's face softened, and she sat in front of Robin, holding her gaze. "Robbie... do you remember the day we went out to get beads for you? At Michael's? And Chad saw us, and I panicked?"

Robin paused, thinking, then her mouth fell open. "What? You're kidding, you didn't-"

"I wish I hadn't, yeah." Elle shook her head. "He blackmailed me. That's why I'd been crying. That's why I went to Drew's house. I couldn't... handle being alone. It's okay if you can't either. If you don't want to go home for a few days, I'll tell Ma that we invited you over, I'm sure you'd fit into some of Drew's clothes."

She thought, then shook her head. "Ma will get worried. Ask more questions. I couldn't ask you two to take care of me, I know you're busy."

"No, Robbie, it's no trouble at all-" started Drew, but she shook her head.

"Thank you so much. For everything. But I think I'll be okay. I just... needed somewhere to go."

"Well, you're always welcome at our doorstep for anything. You know that, right?"

She nodded, taking a sip of her coffee. "I need to get home. Ma and Pa will be worried if they think I'm missing."

"Of course, darling." Elle hugged her. "Please remember to take care of yourself."

"I will."

Drew sighed, and Robin put her mug down. "I'm gonna leave. Thank you for everything."

"Love you, shortbread," said Drew, ruffling her hair affectionately. "Tell them all we said hi, okay?"

"Okay." She opened the door, letting herself out. She walked back home slowly.

From now on, she told herself, she wouldn't trust. People weren't to be trusted. Trust was for stupid people who wanted to get hurt. She wouldn't make that mistake again.

Humans were made to break promises, even unspoken ones.

<><><><><><><><>

Spencer sat with Sally watching TV in the living room. Phoenix was drawing in his room, and Ryan and Hunter were talking quietly in the kitchen.

"Sal?"

"Mmm?"

"I think there's something wrong with me."

"Wrong with you?" She turned to face him. Her blonde hair was tied into a ponytail, and her eyes were confused. "Wrong with you how?"

"I... I think my brain is broken. Maybe."

"What does that mean?" She looked concerned. "Spence, what are you on about?"

"I think I'm- I'm... bi. I think I'm bi."

"Right."

"But... I don't know how to find out for sure. Like, I just... I've never liked any girl before in my life. But maybe... maybe it's just because I haven't tried? There's no way I'm... no way I'm g..."

"Gay?"

"Don't say it like that."

"It's not a bad thing."

"Well it's not a good thing, either. Being gay makes everything- it's just- it's-"

"Can you stop freaking out? Why don't you go out with a girl and see how you feel?"

"Like who?"

"Well, Lisa Hank was talking about you the other day, remember?"

"Y-Yeah..."

"Just go out with her, maybe. Even if you are gay, that's not a bad thing."

He pursed his lips, then nodded. "You should get going."

"Yeah. I'm sorry, Spence, my parents are-"

"Yeah, I know. Be safe. I'll see you later."

She smiled slightly at him, and left through the front door. Ryan came into the room a second later. "What are you doing, Spence?"

"Nothing, Ma," he chirped, looking at the TV. "Sally just left."

"Right." She sighed. "Honey, don't you ever think maybe you shouldn't talk to Sally so much?"

"What's it to you?" he said angrily.

"Nothing, but-"

"I'm gonna go to my room. I'm gonna read." He stood, leaving the room, and Ryan sighed, watching the TV too. Eventually, Hunter walked in, sitting beside her, and she sighed, leaning into him and closing her eyes.

"Long day?"

"Extremely so."

He gave her a soft kiss. "I could help," he suggested.

"When the kids are in bed, okay?" she said quietly.

"Done deal." He kissed the top of her head. "Cassie called today. Adrian proposed."

"How sweet. Yet another wedding you aren't ready for."

"Oh, man," he muttered, and she laughed. 

"I think she said she's got news for us as well."

Ryan looked up. "Grandkids?"

"Maybe," he said, stroking her hair. "We're too young for all this."

"I am, you're not."

"Hey!" He tickled her, and she laughed. "I'm only six years older than you."

"You're a dinosaur, Mr Hayes." 

The front door opened and closed, and Robin walked in. Her eyes were red and swollen, and she didn't look at Hunter or Ryan as she walked to her room. They made eye contact. "Should I-" asked Ryan, but Hunter shook his head.

"I'll talk to her. You go and read to Red, okay?"

"Alright, darling." She kissed him once, before standing and leaving to Red's bedroom, while Hunter made his way to Robin's. He opened the door quietly, watching her at her computer. She was playing a game. He sat down beside her. Her eyes were streaming with tears, but she kept staring at her computer. 

"What's wrong, hon?" he asked gently. 

She shook her head. "I hope you don't mind, Papa, but I really don't wanna talk about it."

"I get it. It's okay." He looked at the screen. "What are you playing?"

"It's- uh, it's Minecraft."

"Right. What do you do in it?"

"Basically you make a house and stuff. Mine for stuff. It's just a survival game. This is my dog."

"You have a dog in a game about mining?"

"Don't judge," she muttered.

"No, not judging! It's- it's interesting, for real." He watched the screen for a bit longer. "Could you- could you teach me how to play?"

She paused the game, turning around and facing him, wiping her eyes. "You want to learn how to play Minecraft?" she asked, sounding slightly suspicious. "Why?"

"I dunno, I mean, I saw it around when I was a kid, but I never had time for it. I figure it's about time I learned."

She blinked, but then shook her head. "Sure, I guess. Do you, uh, wanna go and grab your laptop? I have a couple of spare mouses you can use, and a keyboard extension."

"Yeah! Okay, teach me to play."

She let out a giggle, and Hunter kissed the top of her head, before going and getting his laptop.

<><><><><><><><>

Ryan opened her eyes tiredly, looking at the time. It was two thirty, and Hunter still wasn't in bed. She heard laughing in Robin's room, and went to investigate.

"Ah, crap, wait, I've run out of arrows!"

"Here, give me your bow and I'll enchant it so it has infinite arrows."

"You're a doll. Alright, what now?"

"Now, we fight. The zombie hordes will start in a moment, and we'll have to jump over them, but if you miss your landing, kill as many as you can before they kill you."

"Intense."

"Very."

"And will they die when I shoot them?"

"Well, you can use your sword too, I've enchanted that so that you can hit for like, double the amount that it usually lasts, but it's hard to hit them when they're all surrounding you. Personally, I prefer the bow and arrow."

"Fair enough. Let's go!"

"Honey, don't you think it's time you both go to bed?"

"I'm not even tired," said Robin, stifling a yawn, while Hunter looked at his watch with a surprised expression.

"Woah, it's nearly three!" He paused his game, running a hand through his hair. "This is so much fun! Why didn't you teach me before?"

"I didn't think it was in your interests, but I mean, I'm glad I know now."

"Tomorrow's Sunday, right? Can we play again?"

She fought to hold back a smile, and Ryan chuckled.

"Finish your homework, and I'll let you both play, okay?"

"Okay!" Hunter kissed the top of Robin's head gently. "I love you, my little Robin Hood. Nothing will ever change that, okay?"

"We're both always here for you." Ryan smiled gently, and Robin, finally, smiled too. 

"I know. Thank you for everything."

Hunter hugged her. "We'll destroy the zombies tomorrow."

"Done deal."

Ryan and Hunter went to bed, where they lay in silence for a moment, before Hunter spoke up. "Y'know, I think you'd enjoy-"

"No, Hunter, I'm not going to play Minecraft."

"'Kay. G'night, my dove. I love you."

She laughed, then kissed him. "I love you, too."

*a/n: cute shit wOo

nethii <3*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.2K 3.4K 81
"I'm falling for someone who isn't falling for me." "I know exactly how you feel," he answered, leaning down and hugging her tightly. "Do you?" She...
65.7K 1.1K 99
Shelby and Hunter have been best friends from the beginning. Hunter gets back with his ex girlfriend, Amber, who broke his heart a few years before...
18.8K 1.3K 57
❝It's never nice to lose someone close to you; unfortunately, life goes on, and we have to make peace with it and move on.❞ - Francois Hougaard
2.3K 28 17
*Warning: sexual/adult content* This short series chronicles your relationship with Hunter Hayes, starting as you begin dating and going through to m...