Dusk Till Dawn

By Finding_Bria

We all know the story about Jacob Black imprinting on Renesmee when she was a baby and how they will be attac... More

1. Plot

Chapter 1

21 1 2
By Finding_Bria

- Jacob -

"Hey, Jacob!" 

I sigh in frustration at the sound of my co-worker's annoying heavy New York accent.

"Yeah?" I called back not turning away from the problem under the hood of a small Honda. 

"You have a visitor, he- uh says it's pretty important." I look over my shoulder and I came face to face with an old friend, Paul.

"You have ten minutes, Black." My co-worker rubs his beer gut as he walks away leaving me alone with Paul.

I haven't seen anyone back home in years, I refused to speak to anyone at all. I didn't want anyone to know where I've been hiding out but I did give Paul my information for safe keeping just in case anything happened to Nessie or something important like life and death. Seeing Paul here makes me worried. I motion for him to follow me outside where we can have more privacy.

"is Nessie okay?" was the first thing I asked when we stepped outside the auto shop. 

He chuckled and said sarcastically "Yeah, you could say that." 

"What the hell does that mean, Paul?" My heartbeat quickened, what was wrong with Nessie?! what could be so bad that Paul would need to come here to seek me out?

"Relax, Jacob! She is fine!" Paul assures me, shaking his head in the prosses. He knew exactly how I felt when it came to being protective of our imprint but he's always been easy to annoy and frustrate.

"But she's not the one you should be worried about right now" The look in his eyes terrified me, I knew something was wrong. maybe not with Nessie but with someone else I cared for.

"What happened, Paul?... tell me" 

"It's your Dad, Jacob.. he passed away the other night." He looked away but not before I could see his eyes gloss over. 

and I never thought anything besides something happening to Nessie, could turn my world upside down like this...

~ Renesmee ~

I stare out of the car window watching the mossy trees fly by, the rain splashed on the window. I focused on one rain drop running down the window until it was out of sight. But it wasn't enough to completely avoid the man in the driver's seat. I didn't want to talk to him. Not right now anyway, I was supposed to go to this funeral that my parents are making me go to and I begged Shawn to come with me so I wouldn't be bored the whole time and I know his pack was very close to Billy Black so I thought he wouldn't mind coming with me. instead of being a good boyfriend, he decided he didn't want to go and picked a fight with me so he could get out of it. 

I may not know much but I'm smart enough to know he picked the fight so I wouldn't want him to go with me, I don't even know why it's such a big deal that he didn't want to the man is from La push like him, his pack is going to be there I don't see why he wouldn't want to go if he knew the guy. 

We park in the lot of the tiny church, from what my mother said they are just having a visitation and then a gathering at Sam's house since the son of the man who died doesn't have the room to fit a lot of people and the church isn't big enough to fit everyone for a full funeral service. 

"Renesmee... Look I'm sorry about what I said earlier." I rolled my eyes at his attempt at an apology. "I didn't mean what I said, in all honesty- I just don't like the guy's son. We never got along before and I rather not go to a funeral where I wasn't liked nor liked the man in the casket, I'd much rather stay at your house and do something we wouldn't get away with your parent's being there-"

"Okay if you didn't like the guy you could have just told me instead of picking an argument with me- and second, I don't want to have sex with you... maybe eventually but not now, I'm not ready" I pick at my fingernails and sighing, feeling like I've said this about a hundred times. 

"You always say that... Come on! you don't kiss me like you're not ready, I think your body might be telling a different story than what your mouth is and you really do want it, your just scared I'll leave you if we have sex or I won't be gentle or something" I look into his eyes for the first time since we got in the car. 

Is he right? am I ready to give my first time to him?

"I'm just not ready okay?... I'll let you know when I'm ready" I open the door and I step out into the rainy weather, the light rain not bothering me as I walk around the car to his side watching him get out of the car in a sour mood.

I ignore his pouting and I make my way towards the church doors and I open them myself, not wanting him to do anything for me at this point. I wish I'd come to this funeral with my parents instead. 

I make my way through the crowd looking for my parents, my boyfriend long forgotten. I finally spot them and make my way over. 

"Mom!, Dad!" I call to them making their heads turn to me, I hug their necks. "I'm sorry I'm late!"

"it's fine honey" My mother Bella assures me. and she looks uneasy for some reason, I look to my father Edward and his expression is blank. not giving me a clue to why she seems awkward. 

"Did he bring you?" My mother almost growls referring to my boyfriend who my parents both don't like. 

She is glaring at him from across the room, I follow her gaze and he Shawn talking to his friends in the corner, they greet each other with bro hugs and some weird handshake.

I just roll my eyes at how ridiculous they look and turn back to my parents.

"Yes, he did and I kinda wish he didn't now" I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. 

"Why?" My father joins the conversation now, curious why I was upset.

"Because he didn't want to come and he picked a fight with me, I made him come anyways but he's ruined the mood. I wish I would have got a ride with you" I explained to them honestly. 

They start to give their response but I felt eyes on me, I look around the room until I found them.

A pair of chocolate eyes I never thought I'd see again. My breath is taken from me at the realization that he's here. I know it's him, I've had dreams and there are times I thought I've seen things before but this time is different. This time my heart is beating against my chest like a hammer.

Everything else has drowned out and it feels like it's only me and him in the room. 

Jacob.

So many emotions start to flow through me, I don't know if I should run into his arms and never let go of him or kill him for leaving. My heart is overjoyed seeing him again but my brain is reminding me that he left and he hurt me, I don't know if I should be angry or happy. 

After that day Jacob and Shawn got into a fight, one of them accidentally scratched me causing deep gashes. after it had healed it turned into three scars on my forearm. Because I'm only half human and half vampire, I was only able to heal quickly but I wasn't lucky enough to heal completely. So I'm stuck with these scars on my arm for the rest of my existence.

After I had woke up in our families hospital room, I was told Jake had left and no one knew where he was.

For years I cried.. for years I waited but my best friend never came back. Despite some of my families hate towards him for not protecting me enough, I never hated him for what happened but I am mad that he left and never came back...

"Hi..." I didn't realize I was standing in front of him until his husky voice spoke. 

A part of me wanted to run, I wasn't ready to face him. but I was standing in front of him now and I can't be rude and turn away from him... I had to say something, anything.

"Your back," I said more like a statement than a question. 

He breaks our eye contact for a moment taking a deep breath before meeting my eyes again. 

"Yeah, Just for my father's funeral and to sort everything out before I head back." His chocolate eyes traveling up and down my body, I can see how overwhelmed and in awe he was. just looking at me.

He's probably thinking of how much I've grown up... and I have, I'm not a little girl anymore. 

"Go back where?" I push for information. Where has he been all this time?

"How have you been?" He asks instead of answering my question. 

"Jacob, where have you been all this time?" I wasn't letting this go, I know he's trying to avoid the question but I'm too hard headed like my mother to let it go. 

He sighs again looking to his feet, he rubs the back of his neck not knowing what else to do. 

"Nessie, can we please talk about this later?" He pleads, his eyes are begging me to drop it. 

I take a moment to think about it, it's really hard to say no to him, and I guess he's trying to say he would be willing to talk about it but just not in front of everyone else.

I nod my head in agreement and he sighs in relief of my understanding. 

"Jake..." his eyes snap back to mine. I'm suddenly nervous to speak but I manage to anyways "I'm really sorry about your dad, I can't imagine what losing a parent feels like." 

"I hope you never know, Nessie" He gives me a weak smile that clenches my heart in the worst way. I fight back the urge to hug his neck, I want to comfort him so badly but the part of me that is still hurt from him doesn't think he deserves my comfort. 

"Hey baby" I hear in my ear as an arm wraps around my waist and pulling me to a hard body.

"I've been looking for you" Shawn kisses my temple and turns his attention to Jacob and I do the same.

Jacobs' eyes look wild as they take in the sight before him if it was possible his chocolate eyes become darker.

"Hello, Jacob! long time, no see buddy!" Shawn greets Jacob, his voice taunting. 

I see Jacobs body shake in anger, a second later Jake has Shawn's shirt caller in his hands getting in his face. 

"Get. out. now!" Jacob growls in Shawn's face as I step away from the two werewolves that look as though they are going to kill each other in the tiny little church. 

The next second a few guys from the pack are behind Jacob ready to back him up, I noticed Quil and Paul within the group. Shawn's friends didn't hesitate to stand behind him either. They looked like they were all about to gang up on each other.

Shawn starts to laugh, enjoying seeing Jacob fight his anger. 

"You don't have the power to kick me out Jacob, this is public property. I can leave when I want-" Shawn is cut off my Paul who stepped forward. 

"Shawn.. this is his father's funeral! and you aren't welcome here" Paul tells him, getting in his face now. 

I take deep breaths trying to keep my anxiety in control. This wasn't the place for a fight, I worried about Jacob's mental health right now. He just lost his father and he doesn't need this kind of stress on his shoulders when his world has been flipped.

"Then your just gonna have to-" Shawn was challenging them when I spoke up.

"Shawn!" Everyone's eyes were on me now, worried about the pretty little girl getting in the middle of a bunch of werewolves about to fight.

"This is his father's funeral.. Have some respect." I said trying to remain calm. But I was having trouble controlling my racing heartbeat.

"Over my dead body would I have respect for-" Shawn began but I wouldn't let him finish. 

"Shawn!, let's just go. I'm coming with you okay?" Maybe if I left with him he would get out the door. I grab his hand nudging him to back away. 

"Fine. long as my girlfriend is nowhere near this fucking mutt!" Shawn pointed toward Jacob, making him growl in warning to Shawn.

"Just go to the car!" I growled, my growl definitely not as threatening as Jacob's. I pushed Shawn toward the door. "I'm going to say goodbye to my parents and I'll be right out." 

Shawn mumbled under his breath, something I didn't care to hear but Jacob sure heard it- making him growl as he jolted forward like he was going to attack Shawn, not before Paul put a hand on Jacob's chest keeping him back. 

The church doors slammed shut as Shawn left and only a second later I was turned around to face those Chocolate eyes. 

"You're dating him?!" He breathed in anger, I could see it in his eyes he was fighting his wolf instincts and trying to stay in control. 

"Jacob, We need to have this conversation when your calm-" I tried to reason with him but he wasn't listening, but that's understandable considering. 

"Are. You. Dating. Him?!" He was shaking, he knew the answer. he just wanted me to say it. 

"You already know that answer, Jacob" I said so low I couldn't even hear myself but he did. I looked back into his broken eyes, hoping he could see how sorry I was that I ruined this day for him. "I'm sorry that-" 

I was about to apologize for ruining the funeral when his grip tightened around my forearm. 

"Jacob?" I gasped from the pain of his grip. 

"Nessie how could you be anywhere near him after what he's done?!" He steps closer to me, his face inches from my own. 

"Jacob-" I tried to tell him he was hurting me when he continues. He lifts my arm up.

"He's the fucking reason you have these scars on your arm! it was his claws that scarred your skin! Not mine!" He shouted, I heard the words he spoke but the pain in my arm was unbearable to react. 

"Jacob you're hurting me!" I shouted as I winced in pain. 

He immediately lets go of my arm. I bring it to my chest, sighing from being released from his grip but it was still throbbing. Jacob's eyes were wide, all anger in his eyes were gone and worry and fear replaced it. in a blink of an eye, my father and mother were standing beside me, my mom making sure I was alright, my father looking like he was about to murder Jacob.

Jacob backed away from me, his eyes going into a trance. 

"Jacob?" I whispered as he turned away darting for the back door to the church. I called out to him before he disappeared.

I tried to run after him but someone held me back. "Nessie, He needs to be alone right now. He's emotional and needs to get in control again before seeing you." 

I look to Paul with watery eyes as I nod. 

"You should go out to Shawn before he comes back to start another fight." He suggests and I nod my head again in agreement, Me and Shawn ruined this funeral more than enough.

I turn away and I slowly make my way out, ignoring all the worried eyes staring after me. Including my parents. 

Shawn is leaning against his car with his hands in his pockets when I step out. I'm really not looking forward to this car ride with him but if it's the only way to bring Jacob the peace he needs for the rest of the day I'll gladly do it for him. 

I ignore the words from Shawn's mouth, not even caring to acknowledge them as I walk past him to the passenger side and I get in the car waiting to leave.

He continues to speak when he gets in, turning the car on as he zooms out of the lot. 

but I keep my eyes out of my window as I ignore the sounds of his voice raising.

I could feel my heart breaking from the sound of Jacob's sorrow howls.

~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Hello Lovely's!

I'm sure that this chapter probably sucks and there isn't much detail on the scenery or anything and I apologize! 

I hope you liked this update! if you did please vote and comment! 

I'll be following and replying to people who do!.

Until next time! Xo xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.8K 41
(This is not machine translated!) (Starts from chapter 241.) A guy in his late twenties one day wakes up in someone else's body and realises he's gon...
133K 5.2K 27
""SIT THERE AND TAKE IT LIKE A GOOD GIRL"" YOU,DIRTY,DIRTY GIRL ,I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BOOK🌝🌚
24.9K 583 9
In This Season, Things Get Odder And Crazier! As BroZone Dives Deeper Into Their School Lives, Along With Their New Friends GalZone, They Get Engage...
181K 6.5K 62
[Everything is fine but you will die no matter what you do ★] [Synonym for a shitty game of luck ★] [Is there anyone who has seen an ending other tha...