Gentleman (Jonathan Toews)

Von Pentaholic2011

Jonathan Toews is looking for another cup. There is nothing that will break his focus from raising the thirty... Mehr

Welcome to the Team
A Picture a Day
First date
Happy Family
Perspective
I'm Your Biggest Fan
Drunken Thoughts
Tell Him
Jealous
Hurting
I Love You
New Years Drama
Say It
Promise Ring
When in Canada
Do You Believe in Fate?
I Want You
A Day in the Sun
Sunken Ship
What Have I Done?
Retrograde Amnesia
All Over Again
I'm Sorry
Do You Know What Its Like
The Collage
Can You Feel The Love Tonight?
Exotic Get Away
See You See the World
Peter Pan
Going Back
Locked Out
Tummy Ache
Left Broken Hearted
Halloween
Happily Ever After
Guardian Angel
Bad Dreams
Merry Little Christmas
With You
Hockey is Back
Putt Putt
Father Figure
Recreating New Memories
Wedding Planning
Dethroned
Seventeen Seconds
Sending Messages
Thank You

Seeing Red

1.5K 32 2
Von Pentaholic2011

Jonathan

Since my family didn't celebrate the American thanksgiving, Payton and I decided to hold a celebration down here with her family then we would go up to Canada for Christmas. My parents were upset because they really wanted to meet Caroline and Jacob but they will have to wait. They couldn't make it down because the rink back home needed tended to so they won't see them until we go up there.

As for thanksgiving day, it was kind of hectic. I have learned Payton's family is a lot like Patrick's. Big and loud.

The first person to arrive was her sister. Bailey was about six months along now and showing pretty well. She was struggling going through it by herself, she wasn't afraid to admit it. She was alone and scared and doing this all for the first time. She's only 25 and was still working at the school Jacob and Caroline go to. But Payton had been checking up on her and helping her out. She's been learning about what to do and being her support system. Her parents weren't happy that she broke up with her boyfriend then got pregnant before her new boyfriend went over seas. It didn't match the perfect Christian child ideal, but they accepted it because in the end that is their daughter. All I know is I'm not going to be the one to tell them Payton and I have premarital sex, it's okay of Patrick is on the fringe but they already like me, I don't want that to change.

She helps Payton cook and I help the kids around the house decorate. I hold Jacob on my shoulders as he hung up the hand turkeys we all made last night, I thought they were pretty great.

Next William and his wife Amanda come and help set up the table. They then go in the living room and play with the kids, they love them just as much as Payton and I did. Those kids went from no parents to two sets that love them so much and will do anything to see them do good.

The last kid to show up was David with some random girl. Payton was pissed because he, and I quote, "brought another bimbo in my house!" I thought it was funny until she punched him in the arm and it left a nice bruise. Part of me was really proud of that.

Finally her parents arrive and they immediately look for the kids.

"Where are they" her mom asks and I laugh.

"I'll get them" I say going into the living room. I pick the kids up and place each one on a hip. I carry them back and Payton's parents nearly explode.

"Okay kiddos. This is Grandpa Elijah and Grandma Ruth. Guys, this little red headed cutie is Caroline and the handsome one is Jacob" I introduce.

"Ohh you guys are the cutest" Ruth coos. I let them get aquatinted and find Payton in the kitchen. I wrap my arms around her waist as she stirred something on the stove. I take a deep breath in and my eyes roll into the back of my head.

"That smells... amazing" I sigh.

"It's basically dead turkey juices and flour" she giggles and I gag a little.

"Why on earth are you making that" I ask appalled.

"It's gravy Jon" she explain and my eyes go big.

"I eat that shit" I ask.

"Often" she claims.

"Well my life is over" I sigh dramatically.

"Come on, you have a body of a god. You can more than afford the calories" she claims.

"You checking me out" I tease and she smacks my arm that rested on her waist. "I'm kidding" I assure her.

"Is everyone here" she asks.

"Do you hear how loud it is" I ask.

"Yeah, but this is nothing. You should hear them when we get together to watch Bears games" she smirks.

"I will have to see this for myself" I admit.

I follow her out to the living room where her dad was sitting with William and Jacob. I join them on the couch and her dad tosses me a beer. He knows me so well.

"So Jon, how is life treating you" he asks.

"Pretty good considering no one is budging with the new terms" I admit.

"Sorry to hear about that. My wife and I have been praying for you" he says.

"Thanks" I smile. I wasn't super religious but I appreciate that they think about me.

"Hey Jonathan! Watch this" Jacob calls as he stick handles the puck and ball we got for him.

"Nice job buddy! Are you coming for my job" I tease.

"You really think I can be as good as you" he asks.

"You can be better" I assure him. He runs off to the non carpeted area to keep practicing and I smile as I watch him.

"How do you like being a father figure" William asks.

"It's easier than taking care of a bunch of twenty something year olds" I laugh. "Jacob is probably a little smarter than Patrick too" I admit and her dad scoffs. Probably shouldn't mention his name around here.

"Can I ask you a question" I say turning to Elijah hoping he will forget I brought up Patrick.

"Sure son. What is it" he asks.

"I was thinking about asking Payton to marry me" I say and he finally sets the beer down. He turns to me as I shift In my seat.

"And what were you thinking" he asks.

"I was thinking that I purposed sometime next year. I was thinking it was something sweet, she doesn't like the big production so I would make it intimate. I don't know if or when hockey comes back this season so I don't want to make it this big thing. But I want her to be happy, we've talked about getting married but the time isn't right yet. I just want to be ready when the time is" I say.

"Nothing would make me happier than having you as a part of my family. You have my blessings" he smiles and I nod.

"Thank you sir" I reply.

"Don't you hurt my baby, I know mistakes happen but I'll still hurt ya" he says and I swallow hard.

"Noted" I squeak.

Eventually we sit around the table and eat. I sit next to Payton who would smile at me ever so often. Then I notice another pair of eye burn into me and I see it was David's lady friend. I started to feel uncomfortable and excuse myself to go to the bathroom so I could break the stare.

I use the restroom and walk out to see the girl standing there. She smiles big when she sees me and I stop.

"Um... hi" I say.

"Hello Jonathan" she replies lowly. I try to walk around her and she just gets closer.

"Can I help you" I ask not so kindly.

"Come on... don't you remember me" she asks.

"I'm sorry, I don't" I admit.

"Maybe I can refresh your memory" she replies slowly. She leans in to kiss me and I dodge her lips. I move to the other side of the hallway and walk back into the kitchen area.

"Hey Pay, can I talk to you" I ask and she leaves the table. I pull her into the kitchen and watch the girl sit back next to David staring at me the whole time.

"Okay... this is going to sound crazy, but that girl just tried to kiss me" I say and her eyes get big.

"I'm gonna kick her ass" she says louder than I expected and try to quiet her.

"No need for that. I moved out of the way. But she's making me uncomfortable. She thinks she knows me" I explain.

"David always brings in the crazy ones" she mumbles.

"I don't want you to kick her ass, I just wanted you to know what's happening" I say.

"What's happening is I'm kicking her ass" she claims and I try not to laugh but I couldn't help it.

"You're not about to kick anyone's ass in the middle of Thanksgiving in front of the kids and your family" I smile.

"She has to leave sometime" she insists.

"You know... I've never seen you jealous. It's kinda hot" I say and she steps down.

"You suck" she whines and I laugh.

"Please calm down" I ask and she sighs.

"Alright, I'm calm. But she does one thing I don't like I'm stuffing her" she claims and I follow her back to her family.

We finish dinner without any more confrontation. People start to linger out as the leftovers are put away.

I help Payton's mom clean dishes while William and his wife clean the table. It starts to get loud and I don't think anything of it... until I see my girlfriend pulling her pregnant sister back.

"Woah woah woah, what's happening" I ask running over and helping Payton hold Bailey back.

"You're a bitch" Bailey screams and I stop. Not only have I never heard her yell, but I've never heard her say a cuss word. It was kind of awesome and I hated how much I was enjoying this.

"I just asked a question" the girl claims.

"I hope you rot in hell" Bailey spits. Man was she upset.

"David... can you get her out of here. Please" Payton says.

He pulls the girl out and she lets Bailey go.

"Are you okay" I ask.

"I want to slit that skanks throat" she claims and I raise a eyebrow.

"What did she say" Payton asks.

"She asked who the babies father was and I told her it was Patrick's. She asked which Patrick and I told her who I was talking about. She said she had been with him and couldn't believe he would ever end up with someone like me. She asked if he had a birthmark on his right butt cheek and that's when I got mad. I knew he messed around a lot but that made me sick. I started to walk away because she obviously was someone David picked up to get mom and Dad off his back but then she asked if he was still great in bed and I lost it. I wanted to choke her" she explains.

"Let's do it" Payton calls out and I grab her wrist.

"As much as I would love to see that... I can't let you go. You're pregnant and you're still upset from earlier" I explain.

"I'm not upset. I don't get upset" Payton claims.

"What are you seeing right now" I ask.

"Red" she replies and I shake my head. I give her a long kiss and she lets out a deep breath.

"Okay, I'm better now" she smiles.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

22.7K 358 46
"It's my job, I can't just drop everything for you." Jonathan scuffed, throwing clothes in his bag. He glanced back at Nat who wore glossy eyes and a...
148K 2.4K 70
Sometimes things don't work out the way they were supposed to be. Just ask Alexis Martin, a 24 year old girl who has been left to fight for her life...
1.8K 41 22
As her brother gets drafted to another team and another city, Kaitlyn Gabriella Burish trades spots with him. As he leaves to go to Texas, she goes t...
88.1K 1.5K 100
Jonathan Toews has had his life planned out since he was four. Get drafted, become the captain, and win. Simple, sweet, and to the point. But that's...