Gentleman (Jonathan Toews)

By Pentaholic2011

Jonathan Toews is looking for another cup. There is nothing that will break his focus from raising the thirty... More

Welcome to the Team
A Picture a Day
First date
Happy Family
Perspective
I'm Your Biggest Fan
Drunken Thoughts
Tell Him
Jealous
Hurting
I Love You
New Years Drama
Say It
Promise Ring
When in Canada
Do You Believe in Fate?
I Want You
A Day in the Sun
Sunken Ship
What Have I Done?
Retrograde Amnesia
All Over Again
I'm Sorry
Do You Know What Its Like
The Collage
Can You Feel The Love Tonight?
Exotic Get Away
See You See the World
Peter Pan
Going Back
Locked Out
Tummy Ache
Left Broken Hearted
Halloween
Seeing Red
Guardian Angel
Bad Dreams
Merry Little Christmas
With You
Hockey is Back
Putt Putt
Father Figure
Recreating New Memories
Wedding Planning
Dethroned
Seventeen Seconds
Sending Messages
Thank You

Happily Ever After

1.5K 33 0
By Pentaholic2011

Payton

After Halloween Jon and I looked into how to help out the kids. We knew we wouldn't be able to fully adopt them, we won't always be around and can't give them every things they need to be a normal kid so we compromised.

My oldest brother, William, will be keeping them when we can't but until that day comes they'll be with us. Like a extended sleepover.

Although my brother is a huge pain in the ass, he is such a great father figure. Him and his wife loved children but she was unable to conceive. Once I suggested them to help us raise Caroline and Jacob they were all over it. They were already screened and checked and was deemed able to adopt so they did a few weeks after Halloween. Jon and I had to go through the same thing but the agency the kids are from has no problem letting them stay with us until it was done.

So we got Jonathan's stuff out of the spare room and turned it into a place for them to stay. We put two beds in there and paint it a calming blue. Jacob asked for red and black sheets and Caro wanted pink so that's what they got. We got them some clothes and things to do and they were getting comfortable here. It was a little plain but I'm sure we'll find something to fill the space up.

"What's for lunch" I ask coming downstairs from my office. I was still taking pictures here and there so I never had a dull moment.

"Sandwiches" Jacob calls out.

"We has sandwiches yesterday" Jon whines.

"I can make the kids sandwiches and chips and I can make you whatever you want" I insist.

"Yay" the boys cheer and I roll my eyes.

I start cooking and I hear little feet on the tile floor. I look down and see Caroline staring up at me. She was extremely quiet little thing. I wouldn't say shy, she just doesn't say much.

"Hey sweet girl, you wanna help me make lunch" I ask and she nods with a smile. I pick her up and set her on the counter causing her red curls to fly. "Do you want to put the peanut butter and jelly on the bread" I ask.

"Yes please" she replies and my heart skips. God she was perfect. I help her get the peanut butter out of the can and she puts a whole bunch on her brothers sandwich because it was his favorite. She gets the jelly on there and I help her fix the plates with some vegetables and chips.

I help her off the counter and she takes a plate into Jacob before joining him with her own plate. He sits in between Jons legs on the floor and eats with his sister next to him. I fix Jon and I Mac and cheese because I'm a sucker for it and join them watching Captain America on tv.

"Thanks for lunch Ms. Payton" Jacob says picking up his and his sisters plate to dispose of.

"You don't have to thank me for everything, and Payton is fine" I assure him. He smiles up at me before taking care of the dishes he was holding. Caroline crawls up into my lap and cuddles into me.

Something I learned about her is that she's very attached and very touchy. She wasn't cared for as a baby so she clings now, I don't mind because holding her was something words cannot describe.

I look down as she curled up in a ball. Her red hair frizzy and everywhere, I guess I should learn how to do her hair. Her big green eyes looking around still getting used to this place. I rub her arm softly as she stares at Jon. He watches the tv carefully never missing a beat.

"Hey Jonny" she says softly and he looks down. He automatically smiles because she was kind of the cutest thing ever and was wearing her tutu at the time.

"Yeah Caro" he replies.

"Are you a superhero too" she asks as Captain America continues to play in the background.

"I'm not a super hero. I don't have any powers or save people" he explains.

"Maybe not, but I still think you're a super hero" she claims.

"Why is that" he wonders.

"Because you helped me and my brother. And even though you play on skates for a living you still help people, like a super hero" she explains. He smiles big and that honestly made my heart beat quicker. That was the cutest thing ever.

"Thank you Caro, that means the world to me" he claims as he rubs her leg. She lets out a little giggle and I feel my heart fill to the brim.

It gets late and eventually it's time for bed. I carry Caro up to her room and lay her in bed. Jacob joins us and Jon tucks him in.

"Can you tell us a bed time story" Jacob asks.

"I don't know any" Jon admits.

"Make one up" Jacobs encourages.

"I'm not the most creative" Jon insists.

"I won't judge" Jacob replies sticking out his bottom lip. Oh he's good.

"Okay, let me see what I can do" he says sitting in Jacobs bed. "Once upon a time there was the most beautiful girl, fair and sweet. Everyone who has ever met her would tell you the same thing, for she wore her heart on her sleeve. She was strong and intelligent and so very brilliant. She was the prettiest girl in a thousand mile radius, any man to capture her beautiful soul would be the luckiest man in the world.

Then came along a Prince, strong and brave. He thought he had it all, he was seen as the greatest leader i the whole kingdom. But he didn't realize that he was missing something, or as it turned out to be, someone.

One faithful day their paths crossed. The prince was at a loss for words, for he thought girls like her only exist in his dreams. But there she was, watching the world from the eyes only she has. The kind of eyes that sees nothing but good in this harsh world.

The prince was nervous, for he didn't realize how bad he needed the fair lady. He knew nothing about her but he knew enough. He finally got the courage to ask for her hand, he was nervous for she asked for a gentlemen and he wasn't sure if someone who had spent his whole life caring for only himself could give the girl what she desired, what she deserved. But she gave him a chance and the prince was very thankful for that.

They got to know one another, they spoke of the highest of hopes and dreams. From then on they were inseparable, falling more and more in love with each passing second."

"Awww" Caro gasps and I smile down at her. Jon gives her a wink before continuing.

"The prince had finally found someone who understood him. Someone he could care for and who would care for him back. Someone who embodies everything he hoped for and needed. And one day it all stopped" he says.

"What happened" Jacob asks.

"For a few moments the prince lost himself, he let anger and jealousy get the best of him. He was hurting and didn't handle his emotions properly. The girl did the best she could to calm him but he was lost in his head and couldn't find his way out. The lady was hurt by the princes choices, for he chose anger over love and said some things he didn't really mean.

So she ran, she went in search of answers for what made her prince so hostile. But she didn't make it far, for she was struck in the head."

"Oh no" Caroline whispers.

"She survived, but she didn't remember the prince or any of the adventures they embarked on. For months she was trying to remember who she was and what she was to the prince.

Then one day the prince asked her for a dance, for the mood was right and she looked amazing, like she always did. She joined him for a dance and he held her closer than he ever did before. For the girl had fallen in love with the prince for the second time but she was scared. Scared to fall so hard again.

The prince places a soft kiss on her lips and it all came back. The lady remembered it all and forgave the prince or his horrid words. Together they were able to overcome the things that if they were to handle alone it would surely break them.

Like when the prince got news that his kingdom was falling apart, being ruled by evil money hungry men. It was hard for him to face the fact that there isn't much he can do, but the lady reminded him how special he was. She helped him see the light in the situation, and he found it in two little bundles of joy" Jon smiles looking at the kids. I snap a picture of them and put the camera to the side.

"Did they live happily ever after" Jacob asks.

"They did. With the help from his two little helpers and his fair lady he took back the kingdom and won the Stanley cup" Jon smiles.

"Who is Stanley" Caroline asks.

"Lord Stanley is the greatest ruler of them all" Jon claims and I laugh. I should have seen that coming.

He kisses them each before we slip out the room. I go to print off the picture and put it on today's date in the calendar.

I slip into bed and find Jon waiting for me.

"That was a sweet story" I say and he smiles.

"I would like to think so" he mumbles as he pulls me into his chest.

"So where's my happily ever after" I ask.

"It's coming baby... I promise" he claims and I smile.

"I think I already have it" I whisper.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 98 19
Patrick Kane relives his and Jonathan Toews's relationship as Jonathan fights for his life.
22.7K 358 46
"It's my job, I can't just drop everything for you." Jonathan scuffed, throwing clothes in his bag. He glanced back at Nat who wore glossy eyes and a...
13.4K 307 16
Arianna Westbrook is a New York socialite who decided she wanted... needed a change and to start over somewhere else. With a twist of fate she ended...
63.4K 875 58
Jonathan Toews has always known what he was going to do. He was going to be one of the best hockey players in the world and no one would stop him. By...