Here Comes The Sun

By Shanae

Kayla and Blake have been a couple for just over two years. They started going out when Kayla was 14 and Blak... More

HCTS - Prologue (Pic Of Kayla DeLane)
HCTS - Chapter 2 (Pic Of Maria Cortez)
HCTS - Chapter 3 (Pic Of Cam Miller)

HCTS - Chapter 1 (Pic Of Blake Ross)

169 4 0
By Shanae

Chapter 1

"Remember that you're homework is due Monday morning. If it's late it's half marks!!" yelled the teacher as they bell rung signalling the end of the school day. I jerked out of my seat quickly making my way for the exit with Maria by my side. Laughing and giggling about her drunken night she had with Tyler yesterday.

"No way, he actually said that to you?" I asked genuinely curious about her story.

"Yeah, can you believe that? I mean I know he's captain of the soccer team an all, but hello! I'm Maria Cortez. He needs to show me some fuckin' respect!"

"Language Ms. Cortez" a teacher scolded as we passed. Maria turned with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, Mr. Lannum. Won't happen again." With an eye roll he turned around and went back into his classroom. Maria turned to me mocking his action and rolling her eyes making me giggle with her. Sobering up I turned to her

"So what are you going to do about it?" I questioned knowing her brain was already wrapped up in a plan.

"About what?"

"About how Tyler called you a 'boarder hopping whore'" I asked, her face instantly turning into a frown before going into an evil smile as ideas turned in her head.

"Oh, you'll see Monday morning. He needs to pass English to stay on the soccer team and he won't be doing that with a 'late assignment' rather a missing assignment in total. You know, he's real stupid to tell me all his issues and then diss me the next minute. I mean if I wanted to I could have the whole school turn against him, but me - being the lovely, nice and beautiful if I might say - girl I am wouldn't do such a horrible thing." I laughed along with her knowing if she wanted to she could, when it came to Maria she could have the whole school bowing at her feet with all the knowledge she knows on blackmail. I knew from being close to her to never, ever piss her off.

"So moving off the subject of me for the time being, what are you and Blake doing tonight? Going to Toby's party because I hear it's the one to be at tonight" We had reached my locker now and I was putting away my books as she tossed hers in the bottom self, seeing as we shared a locker.

"Yeah maybe, I'm not sure where were going. I know were doing something for sure, seeing as it's Friday night, but I'm not sure where to you know?" I grabbed my bag after shoving binders of subjects with homework inside. I started making my way down to Blake's locker knowing he'd be waiting for me.

"Oh, cool. Well I'm going there and I think you should too kay babe? If you're going somewhere else just text me where and I'll be there. I hate going to those things alone!" she stated with a small cringe, I chuckled silently as I knew she had to be with at least one person she knew of at all times.

"Yeah sure" I said before walking up to Blake who had his back turned to me and hugging him from behind.

"Hey" I breathed in his ear, he turned around with a genuine smile before bringing his lipis down to mine for a short kiss.

"Hey babe! How was your day?"

"Good I suppose, yours?" I questioned as I let go of him and he pulled me to his side by my waist.

"Great" he said against the side of my head. I turned and smiled at him, liking his mood today. He had been happy all day for some reason, actually smiling when we were alone. He was acting like when we first started dating.

"So where are we going tonight? I heard Toby's having a party at his place" I asked looking at him and then Cam, who was beside him, as he flirted with Maria. I looked back at Blake waiting for his reply.

"Yeah me too, I think we'll head there. Seems like it's gunna be a good one" I nodded my head before looking at Maria.

"Mar, Toby's" I stated as she quickly nodded and went back to flirting with Cam. I rolled my eyes before looking back at Blake.

"Wanna head to my place for a bit, we can chill till the party?" Again I nodded my head as we made our way outside, fingers intertwined with one another's. We went outside and headed towards Blake's 2008 black hummer he got for his 16th birthday. Yeah that's right he got a brand new car, if only had rich parents like his I dreamt. He opened the door for me as usual and I hopped in before he shut the door and headed to his side. Once inside the car he started the engine and pulled out of the student parking lot, heading towards his place.

I reached over placing my hand gently on his thigh. He took his hand in his and brought it to his lips kissing the back of it and smiling as he looked over at me afterwards. I smiled back as he turned, focussing on the road once more. 'Why is he being so nice to me today' I asked myself, not really caring about the answer as I glowed in the moment.

We reached his house within 10 minutes and pulled into the empty driveway. Once outside his car, both Blake and I made our way inside and up the stairs and into his pristinely clean room. It was quite large and had its own balcony off to the side. As well as a bathroom near the back and a large closet - which was clearly made for a women's wardrobe by the size of it. Blake walked over to his bed turning around and pulling me into his chest. I looked up at him with a silly smile on my face before tilting my head slightly as he said nothing.

"What's on you're mind?"I finally asked looking at his beautiful smoky blue eyes. His smile grew more at me question.

"Can I ask you something?" he finally said sitting down on the bed and bringing me to sit on his lap.

"Yeah sure"

"Well first I have to tell you something" he said still looking at me, I smiled with a small nod for him to continue as he took in a deep breath and continued.

"I got into UVIC" he said finally, I smiled and hugged him placing a small kiss on his lips before.

"Oh my god Blake! That's amazing, I'm so proud of you!" I said pulling back and looking at him with a huge smile on both out faces.

"I know! Anyways I was talking to mom and dad last night about them getting us an apartment by the university. They said they woud go looking for a place today and let me know. I mean-" I cut him off after realising what he had said.

"What do you mean by 'us' an apartment?" Blake looked at me as if I was stupid before replying.

"Yes us. I'm not going to college with you living back here in Ladner Kayla. I mean I love you and I know we're going to make it but long distance for a year won't sit well with me." I shook my head.

"I don't care if it won't sit well with you, the fact that you didn't even ask me about this and just assumed I'd tag along bugs me immensely. As well as the fact you would think I would just drop everything to tag along with you to university as I start fresh in a new school for senior year." I nearly yelled back. Blake's arms dropped from my sides instantly and he pushed me off of his lap, leaving me to tumble to the ground. He stood up looking down at me, anger clear in his features.

"What do you mean?! Of course you would come with me to Victoria! I mean it's a whole fucking year apart Kayla! Why would I think otherwise?!" he yelled down at me. I looked up as I pulled myself from the ground and stood facing him.

"We never discussed this Blake! I hate how you just assume-" I didn't get to finish my sentence before Blake's hand made contact with my face, twisting it sideways. I instantly shot my hand to my slapped cheek covering the red mark starting to form.

"Don't. Raise. Your. Voice. At. Me. EVER. Again. Understand?" I nodded my head quickly, wiping away the fallen tears.

"Good! Now I'm going to UVIC and you're moving in with me ok? I don't want to hear any questions about it, got it?" I again nodded my head in agreement as I looked up at his angry eyes.

"Good! Now go was up before we head over to Toby's kay?" Nodding again I made my way to his bathroom and quickly washed my face and applied make-up, placing an extra layer on the now forming bruise on my cheek. After I was finished I looked at myself in the mirror noticing the scared eye's looking back at me, shaking my head I made my way back out of the bathroom to a waiting Blake as he sat on the bed.

"Ready?" he asked, I nodded my head in reply.

"Good, cuz I wanna go and have fun. I'm sick of this arguing bullshit." He said making his way out of his bedroom, waiting for me to follow. I walked behind him looking up at the wall and keeping my eyes away from his standing figure. Once we got into the car I realised a small detail I forgot to mention earlier. I looked up at him hoping he wouldn't get angry by my question.

"Blake?" I asked watching him concentrate on the road ahead of him.

"What do you want Kayla?" he asked through a clenched jaw.

"What if my parents don't let me leave with you to UVIC?" I knew my parents loved Blake but moving with him to the island would be something completely different. Blake paused before thinking of the answer before tearing his eyes from the road briefly and looking at me while speaking.

"For your sake, I'd better pray to god they agree." And with that he turned back to the road as if the conversation hadn't taken place at all. I turned my head looking out the window as tree's sped by with us continuing to drive. Moments later Blake pulled up against a side walk, cutting the engine and hopped out of the car. Making his war towards the only house on the strip with blaring music coming from.

I quickly hopped out as well trailing behind him as he stopped, locked the car and then harshly grabbed my side and continued making his way towards the party, pulling me painfully alongside him.

'Wow this is going to be a fun night' I though bitterly as we made our way inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...