HCTS - Chapter 1 (Pic Of Blake Ross)

Chapter 1

"Remember that you're homework is due Monday morning. If it's late it's half marks!!" yelled the teacher as they bell rung signalling the end of the school day. I jerked out of my seat quickly making my way for the exit with Maria by my side. Laughing and giggling about her drunken night she had with Tyler yesterday.

"No way, he actually said that to you?" I asked genuinely curious about her story.

"Yeah, can you believe that? I mean I know he's captain of the soccer team an all, but hello! I'm Maria Cortez. He needs to show me some fuckin' respect!"

"Language Ms. Cortez" a teacher scolded as we passed. Maria turned with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, Mr. Lannum. Won't happen again." With an eye roll he turned around and went back into his classroom. Maria turned to me mocking his action and rolling her eyes making me giggle with her. Sobering up I turned to her

"So what are you going to do about it?" I questioned knowing her brain was already wrapped up in a plan.

"About what?"

"About how Tyler called you a 'boarder hopping whore'" I asked, her face instantly turning into a frown before going into an evil smile as ideas turned in her head.

"Oh, you'll see Monday morning. He needs to pass English to stay on the soccer team and he won't be doing that with a 'late assignment' rather a missing assignment in total. You know, he's real stupid to tell me all his issues and then diss me the next minute. I mean if I wanted to I could have the whole school turn against him, but me - being the lovely, nice and beautiful if I might say - girl I am wouldn't do such a horrible thing." I laughed along with her knowing if she wanted to she could, when it came to Maria she could have the whole school bowing at her feet with all the knowledge she knows on blackmail. I knew from being close to her to never, ever piss her off.

"So moving off the subject of me for the time being, what are you and Blake doing tonight? Going to Toby's party because I hear it's the one to be at tonight" We had reached my locker now and I was putting away my books as she tossed hers in the bottom self, seeing as we shared a locker.

"Yeah maybe, I'm not sure where were going. I know were doing something for sure, seeing as it's Friday night, but I'm not sure where to you know?" I grabbed my bag after shoving binders of subjects with homework inside. I started making my way down to Blake's locker knowing he'd be waiting for me.

"Oh, cool. Well I'm going there and I think you should too kay babe? If you're going somewhere else just text me where and I'll be there. I hate going to those things alone!" she stated with a small cringe, I chuckled silently as I knew she had to be with at least one person she knew of at all times.

"Yeah sure" I said before walking up to Blake who had his back turned to me and hugging him from behind.

"Hey" I breathed in his ear, he turned around with a genuine smile before bringing his lipis down to mine for a short kiss.

"Hey babe! How was your day?"

"Good I suppose, yours?" I questioned as I let go of him and he pulled me to his side by my waist.

"Great" he said against the side of my head. I turned and smiled at him, liking his mood today. He had been happy all day for some reason, actually smiling when we were alone. He was acting like when we first started dating.

"So where are we going tonight? I heard Toby's having a party at his place" I asked looking at him and then Cam, who was beside him, as he flirted with Maria. I looked back at Blake waiting for his reply.