The Rejection (OLD VERSION)

Od groovee

Hope was rejected by her mate when she was fourteen. The pain was too much, so she became a rogue and ran awa... Více

Prologue
The Rejection: 1
The Rejection: 2
The Rejection: 3
The Rejection: 4
The Rejection: 5
The Rejection: 6
The Rejection: 7
The Rejection: 8
The Rejection: 9
The Rejection: 10
The Rejection: 11
The Rejection: 13
The Rejection: 14
The Rejection: 15
The Rejection: 16
The Rejection: 17
The Rejection: 18
The Rejection: 19
The Rejection: 20
The Rejection: 21
The Rejection: 22
The Rejection: 23
The Rejection: 24
The Rejection: 25
The Rejection: 26
The Rejection: 27
The Rejection: 28
The Rejection: 29
The Rejection: 30
Epilogue

The Rejection: 12

122K 2.9K 181
Od groovee

The Rejection - 12
_____________________________

               - Hope -

"Jesus Christ..." I huffed to myself, blankly staring down the deserted hallway in utter defeat. Apparently, after I left, the school board thought it'd be just peachy to change every single one of the teachers' rooms, leaving helpless little ole me to be lost like a puppy in the woods. I had only been looking for about five minutes, but when homeroom ends in seven minutes, that's kind of a big deal.

               I sighed, defeated, and sat lazily on one of the random, but very useful benches against the wall. I stared down at the school map in front of me, trying to figure out which wing I was in for the umpteenth time. First day back and I had already run into Melanie, had a fight with Jason, lost my bag, and have successfully lost myself within the school. That has to be a record somewhere.

               "Need some help?" someone asked from beside me.

               I jumped slightly at the sudden voice, but mentally scolded myself for being so skittish. I put on a kind smile and met the girl's baby blue eyes. "Yeah, I'm really lost," I chuckled, feeling relief that finally someone was willing to help out the "new girl," so to speak. She flicked her blonde bangs out of her eyes and sat down beside me on the bench, taking the map from my hands. Her eyes scanned over it quickly before pointing to a spot in the corner.

               "We're here," she told me. "Where should you be?"

               "Mrs. Sweetzer's homeroom."

               Her eyes sparkled with amusement, looking as if she was about to burst into laughter at any moment. "How did you end up here?" she chuckled. "Her class is on the other side of the school."

               I felt completely embarrassed and my cheeks come aflame. I closed my eyes in an attempt not to look at her; I couldn't stop the laugh of stupidity I had towards myself. "I'm an idiot," I laughed lightly along with the girl. I reopened my eyes to see her shaking her head lightly.

               "No you're not, you're just new," she answered politely. Awe, I thought, she's a sweetheart. "By the way, I'm Arianna, but most people call me Ari." She was a very happy and bubbly person, that I could already tell. I liked it, it was different than that of my other friends. I discreetly caught a whiff of her scent, and realized she was a werewolf also, but I didn't bring it up.

               "I'm--" I began, but she cut me off. Politely, of course.

               "Hope, I know. I remember you from freshman year," she explained. A light blush dusted my cheeks, but I wasn't quite sure why. Maybe because I felt like an idiot still, or possibly because someone actually remembered me, but I didn't exactly remember her. It might of been because I was expecting an, "Get away from me, freak!" since she apparently knew me from all those years ago, but it never came. I was really grateful for that, too.

               I sat there beside her awkwardly, not exactly knowing what to say. Thankfully, she brought up a topic that we could have a civil conversation about. "I'm not a part of the pack, you know, if you were wondering," she smiled. I looked at her, intrigued.

               "Are you a rogue living on the lands, too?"

               She nodded. "Yep, along with my parents." She paused. "You know others living on the land?"

               "Yeah," I affirmed. "Klaus, he's my brother." Her brows raised and confusion lined her features. She looked as if she was about to speak, when something over my shoulder caught her attention. Her blue eyes were the size of saucers, looking a tad frightened. I gave her a quizzical glance before seeing what she was staring at.

               Or more like who she was staring at.

               Jason stalked towards us, his expression plain. "Here," he said, thrusting my bag toward me, "you left this in the hall earlier."

               I took it gratefully, catch a swift scent of his cologne surrounding the bag. I had a huge suspicion he might have went through my things, but I paid it not mind; I honestly didn't care if he did. The only real personal item in it was a picture of Michael and I, and if he had seen it, maybe he would realize that he needs to step up his game if he wanted to get me back. "Um, thanks..." I mumbled, looking up at him, unsure. "Did you skip class just to give this to me?"

               Jason nodded, the smallest of smiles gracing his features. It was cute, I'll admit. "Well," he dragged out, making everything more awkward to me, "I guess I'll see you later." He began to retreat, walking backwards while still smiling at me. He swivelled on his heel, his back now facing me as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his fitted jeans.

               Arianna let out a loud breath of air, gaining my attention. She fanned her flaming cheeks. "Lord, have mercy, child," she muttered over dramatically. I chuckled at her use of words. "He is one nice hunk of meat, I'm telling you."

               Even though that made me laugh, I felt a little spark of possessiveness. He was my mate, and as much as I disliked the thought, I knew it was an fact I couldn't just ignore. Either way, I decided not to mention it, nor say anything, in fear that I might slip something that would cause her to ask questions. I really didn't want that right now.

               The shrill ringing of the bell rang, and students began to pour from the classrooms, all heading to either their lockers or first period. "Shit," Arianna cursed. "We missed homeroom." For a moment, I was freaking out about it, but then I realized, it didn't matter. You didn't get grades in there, and I could always say I was tardy. Arianna demanded my schedule, so I handed it to her; her eyes glanced at the classes quickly. "We have most classes together. Come on, let's get to first period."

               I quickly shoved the map and schedule into my bag once the blonde gave them back and hurried to keep up with her. I had to wriggle my way around the students, seeing as how I was shorter than most of the student body, they didn't see me trying to get past the sea of people. These are one of the few times that I truly hate being short. I kept up with Arianna, nonetheless.

               We finally slowed down as we reached a specific wooden door, the wall plank beside it reading '256: Mr. Cornell'. My first period, American History. I groaned at the thought of having to deal with this first thing of every morning. There wasn't anything I could do about it now, sadly.

               Seeing as how Arianna and I were on the other side of the school when we realized we had to get to first period, the tardy bell had rung before we even got to the classroom. Just perfect. I had completely missed homeroom and was tardy to first period on my first day of school, and I had been here for both classes. That's not embarrassing at all.

               Arianna quickly slipped into the classroom, making as much noise as a church mouse.

               I, on the other hand, was not so lucky. Once I had entered, the teacher, Mr. Cornell, turned around, catching me. I froze on the spot, every pair of eyes on me. The history teacher spoke up.

               "Excuse me," he said, his voice full of stern authority. "Care to explain to the class and I why were you late?"

               "I had gotten lost," I said, a blush coloring my face. "I apologize for being a disturbance."

               Mr. Cornell's eyes lit with recognition. "Oh, you're Hope Fields, right?" he asked - I nodded. "Don't worry about it then. You can just have a seat next to..." He glanced around, peering over the students for a spare seat. I looked also, but didn't see any. He found one, apparently. "Jason Daniels."

               I was just about to decline and ask if there was another seat that I could take, when my wolf interrupted me.

               'Don't even think about it, chica,' she growled threateningly. Honestly, I would have denied her, too, but I didn't like it when she was mad at me, and believe me, she would have been furious if I refused her of this.

               "Thank you," I mumbled softly, finding my seat by Jason's scent alone. I followed the trail and stalked toward the back of the classroom, the smell of his cologne growing stronger and stronger. I wonder if it was too late to transfer out of this class, or maybe switch it with another. I would have to ask the guidance counselor about it later. There is just no way I would be able to concentrate with him in here with me.

               "Everyone, get out your notebooks, you've got plenty of notes to take," Mr. Cornell instructed, allowing the students time to pull out sheets of paper for the note-taking. I sighed and following his instructions, feeling a certain pair of blue eyes on me, the same ones I found both beautiful and nerve wracking.

               I felt his hot breath fan the side of my face as he leaned up from his seat behind me. "Hey, beautiful," he greeted me quietly, making my face heat up.

               Oh, dear Lord.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

15.1K 534 30
Kate is a 17 year old girl. She is a wolf and she lives in the Moon Blood pack. When she turns 18 she finds her mate, but it is the one she the leas...
1.1M 8.9K 28
Rebecca Hudson was a reject. She was abused, hated, unloved and weak. But all her life she was best friends with David Williams, the next Alpha. She...
362 64 22
Trouble breaking out leading to the disappearance of the last daughter of Alpha Ace causing two kingdoms to be at bay. Growing up, Dawn has trouble w...
412K 13.9K 105
OMEGA -The lowest status that a wolf could get in a pack. Regarded as the scapegoat, the pack's personal stress reliever and the pack's personal p...