Variety |Edward Cullen|

By cCherishh_

Variety ➤ The state of being different; the absence of normality. Iris holds the power of manipulation agains... More

Variety
P r o l o g u e - Sebastian
P r o l o g u e - Alexander
P r o l o g u e - Iris
P r o l o g u e - Caroline
P r o l o g u e - Robin
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E

T W E L V E

3.3K 143 8
By cCherishh_

Caroline

Alice and Caroline sat in Art class getting ready to complete the task given to them by their teacher. The two had to have portraits of each other drawn by the end of the period.

"So would you like to go first or should I?" Alice asked.

"You can go." Caroline replied shifting her seat so she was facing Alice. Alice moved her around more until she thought Caroline was in the perfect position for her to draw.

Alice was about ten minutes into her drawing before Caroline started talking. She thought she might as well take Xander and the Circle's advice and get to know Alice more.

"So. Where did your family live before Forks."

"We moved here from Alaska." Alice replied gently nudging Caroline's face to the left.

"Woah. Are you all attracted to the cold or something." Caroline said trying not to react as Alice's ice fingers brushed against her jaw.

Alice chuckled and nodded. "Why the sudden interest."

"I don't know I just thought I should get to know you more." Caroline shrugged which earned a look from Alice that read 'stay still'.

"Can I see." Caroline asked after Alice placed her pencil on the table. She handed her book over to Caroline and she smiled. Of course her work would be perfect she must of had years to practice. "This is amazing."

"Thank you. Your turn." Alice replied.

Caroline picked up her book and pencil and began drawing.

"Caroline." Alice said her eyes shining with excitement.

"Yeah." Caroline asked her voice hesitant.

"Rose and I were wondering if you and your friends would like to shopping with us this weekend. We could walk around and get our nails done." Alice suggested. Caroline let out a small laugh she doubted the invitation had anything to do with Alice's adopted sister from the description Xander gave to her about the blonde Cullen, she didn't seem like the inviting type.

"I don't think I would have any chance of getting Robin and Sebastian onboard." Caroline said. Robin, she knew wouldn't go because she wouldn't 'feel like it' and Sebastian never went anywhere unless he had to, him being the full time introvert of the group. "Iris I'm sure would love to and I could probably convince Xander to come. Although I don't think he would enjoy getting his nails done." Caroline finished and Alice let out small squeal.

"We can figure out something else to do." Alice stated.

"Well in that case. Sure." Caroline agreed. They sat in silence for the rest of the lesson. Caroline moved her pencil in graceful strokes across her paper as she continuously glanced up at Alice who sat straight against her seat with a smile.

Glancing up one last time Caroline's eyes landed on the window behind Alice and they grew wide watching small petals of white flakes fall from the sky. Snow.

_____________________________

Caroline raced through the halls of Forks High School, her cheeks flaming red as the cold breeze slapped against her face from her speed. The students that were left in the halls stared at her whispered non-stop but Caroline held her smile in place as she burst through the cafeteria doors with an exhale. Seeing her friends sitting at a far table she rushed to them.

"Why are you running." Robin asked, staring down the humans that still had their eyes on them.

"It's snowing." Caroline said. Her friends looked at her with confused expressions and Caroline sighed, she thought that would explain everything I guess she was wrong.

"We are not going out there Care." Sebastian stated, reading her thoughts.

"Sebastian you know we hate it when you do that. Going out where." Iris asked.

"To the snow." Caroline replied, pushing against the top of Xander's seat as she jumped up and down in excitement.

"Do we really need more attention on ourselves." Robin said.

"Said the one who's friends with the human." Caroline shot back folding her arms. As if it was an instinct Sebastian checked to make sure no one heard before rolling his eyes. His friends were really careless sometimes.

"Oh come on it'll be fun." Iris defended, standing up from her seat and linking her arm with Caroline's.

"It's zero degrees outside." Xander added.

"But it's snowing."

"You say that like it fixes the fact that it's 64 degrees outside." Xander joked standing up from his seat with a sigh. "I'm in."

Sebastian and Robin both shared a look, they were always the two that were left when it came to deciding.

"Just. Get up you know you're eventually going to find yourselves out there." Iris argued. Shaking their heads the two finally gave in and stood up from their seats, walking towards the cafeteria doors. Robin and Sebastian drug their feet while Caroline pulled Iris and Xander along. Iris cringed as the air flew past their face.

"Okay, we're outside." Robin sighed. "What did you want to do."

Caroline walking towards the pile of snow picked up a hand full and flung it at Robin's stomach. "That." She called, fleeing away as Robin screamed running after her. The other three crouched down, taking cover as Robin flung her own snowball that missed Caroline and landed on Xander's back. Turning around Xander glared at her as she laughed, her hands up to protect her face like a shield. Taking charge he formed snowballs for both his hands and flung at Robin who dogged the first one but had the second one planted on neck.

Iris squealed as she felt a snow land on her face looking up she saw Caroline laughing as she knelt down to gather more snowballs. Acting fast she ran towards her and playfully tackled her into the pile of snow.

Of course that wasn't the end as both girls gasped as multiple snowballs were pelted at them while they laid in snow. Sebastian, who had given in and joined the fight was teamed up with Xander and Robin and were now attacking Caroline and Iris.

As Iris recovered from her laughing, she looked up into the cafeteria windows and saw half the school staring at them. Her eyes roamed around and clashed with a golden topaz pair. 'Edward'. He was staring at her a small smile playing at his lips, most people would of looked away when caught staring but he just smiled wider and gave her a nod making Iris's eyebrows scrunch up. Was he bipolar.

She was brought back from her thoughts by a loud laugh. Turning around she could see Caroline over Xander's shoulder and shook her head with a smile.

_____________________________

Iris

Iris sat in her last period of the day the tips of her sleeves were still soaked but everything else on her was dried. The teacher had given them a worksheet for the lesson. She could feel Edward's eyes on side of face from the moment he walked into the classroom, but she chose to ignore him. If he wanted to talk to her he could talk to her.

Sighing she went to lean back on her chair when a voice said her name.

"Iris."

Turning around she was met with a boy with blond hair and blue eyes.

"That's your name, right." He continued and she nodded in response.

"I'm Mike. I was wondering if you wanted to go Prom with me." Mike asked. Iris cringed had they become too comfortable in this town that humans thought they could talk to them. Maybe it was because they had a full on snowball fight in the middle of lunch.

Edwards chair creaked near her and she glanced at him. He was gripping the edge of his side of the table and his chair was digging into the carpet.

"I don't think so Mike. Thank you though, for asking." Iris replied turning back to Mike. His face was flushed red.

"Umm...You're welcome." He said stepping away to walk back to desk before stopping and turning back.

"Do you think your friends would say yes if I asked them." He wondered shoving his hands into his jean pockets. Iris forced out a smile she really regretted saying thank you now.

"Robin I swear will punch you in the face. Xander would laugh Caroline would roll her eyes and Sebastian would just walk away. If I were you I would take my chances going alone." Iris replied she could hear Edward's small chuckle.

"Why." Mike asked and Iris paused. 'He really wants to push me.' Iris thought.

"We have something going on in Port Angeles that weekend that we can't postpone."

"Alright....thanks anyways."Mike said. Iris dropped her forced smile as he walked away.

Sitting in silence Iris completed her worksheet in the first fifteen minutes of the lesson before she crossed her legs on her seat and exhaled.

"What's in Port Angeles." Edward asked breaking their silence. Iris raised her eyebrow waiting to see if he was kidding.

"Excuse me." Iris said unfolding her legs.

"You told Mike you had something going on in Port Angeles the weekend of the prom." Edward explained.

"Can you keep a secrete." Iris asked and Edward nodded in response. She had decided not to comment on his change in behavior and just enjoy his company. She hadn't realised she actually missed him. "I lied. There's nothing going on in Port Angeles I just needed to an excuse not go that wouldn't hurt his ego."

"He expected you to say no, but took a chance anyway. Making up that lie was a good idea it would of ruined his confidence."

"How would you know that." Iris asked even though she knew how she wanted to hear him explain it.

"I don't. That was my assumption." Edward said his calm expression not faltering. 'He was good.' Iris thought.

"Iris. I'm sorry I've been so rude this week-." Edward started his eyes bore into Iris's and she could feel the strength of his apology. After a while of thinking she realised why Edward was ignoring her - he thought she was human and she knew their leaders rule on associating with humans. If he talked to her it could mean putting his family in danger. If it was her choice she would of done the exact same thing.

"It's alright. You don't have to explain yourself."

Edward sent her a smile and she returned it and looked away trying to hide her small blush.

_____________________________

A/N

Please leave a comment and a vote. I would really appreciate it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 7.7K 35
.•A story in which a vampire and a hybrid find each other in a strange way, and end up being perfect for each other. When a human enters their family...
83.5K 1.4K 18
A vampire who has waited his whole life for a mate and a girl who waited so long to be cared for and loved.They somehow find each other ,but there a...
55.4K 1.1K 20
a story in which jasper helps the girl. - i do not own any of the twilight characters mentioned in this story. 210118: 25th in #jasperhale
26K 962 45
☄︎ ⋆·˚ ⋆ *. ⇒ 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐔𝐍𝐀𝐑 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒 ✧✧✧ Estella Cullen is losing her mind, that is a fact. Her brain twists, corrupting what s...