Her Life Of Maybes

Door Adrianna_Lee

After her first run in with cancer as a kid, Trinity doesn't think she'll ever have to worry about it again... Meer

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Epilogue
End Note
Bonus Chapter

Chapter Fifteen

77 3 0
Door Adrianna_Lee

As consciousness began tugging at the edge of Trinity's, she became aware of the hot bursts of air hitting her cheek. She glanced blearily to the side to see Skylar fast asleep on her shoulder with her mouth wide open. Trinity giggled and patted the cushions around her for her cellphone to snap a quick picture.

She quickly sent the image to Julian, knowing he'd find the girls unattractive sleeping face amusing. Once the message signaled that it was delivered, Trinity began working on untangling herself from the blanket. She wasn't worried about waking Sky up, as she slept like an absolute rock.

Standing up, she stretched out and cracked her back while her eyes searched for her overnight bag. She zeroed in on it and walked over to it. She pulled out her toothbrush and a change of clothes so that she could shower and wake herself up a bit more.

Trinity went through her normal process of getting ready in Sky's bathroom. After a shower and brushing her teeth, she decided to make herself up a bit. She stole a bit of Skylar's hair products and make up in the process, but her friend wouldn't care at all. She would be more preoccupied with the fact that Trinity actually put in more effort to being girly.

When she was done with everything, she escaped back to the room to see Skylar still sleeping on the couch. She didn't wake her, knowing that she had gone to sleep later than she had. She needed a bit more rest. Checking her phone again, she saw that she had a new message from Julian.

'Way to ruin my morning.'

There was an attached photo of him with a hand covering his eyes.

She snapped a picture of herself with her tongue out and sent it along with the words, 'Be nice.'

He replied immediately with another picture of himself, this time with his eyes wide open and eyebrows raised. He only sent along one word. 'Damn'.

Even though he wasn't there, she still blushed lightly. She was about to set down her phone when it began to buzz. It was Julian.

She answered and waited for him to speak.

"Hey, darling."

She smiled, "Hey there, Juju."

They were both quiet for a minute and Trinity took the time to go lay on Skylar's bed. Her body was aching with the feeling of exhaustion.

Julian sighed. "I'm bored and I miss you. When are you going to be done with your play date?"

"I was going to say I missed you too, but your being a little snippy this morning. I'm not sure if it's because it's still early or because you have an attitude about me being with Skylar. Either way, I'm not so sure that I appreciate it."

"I just don't see why you want to be around her. She's a b-."

Trinity cut him off, "Don't finish that word. She's been around a lot longer than you, Julian. I'm not going to cut her off because you're jealous."

"Jealous?" he scoffed moodily. "As if. I just hate rude people and she fucking rude."

"You met her once, and it was on a bad day. You have no clue what she's like," Trinity retorted with a roll of her eyes. "You don't get to judge a perfectly good person because she had one off day. That was my fault to begin with anyways."

"I still don't like her."

"Well you can shove that opinion up your-"

"Hey," Skylar shouted from the couch, "I know you're fighting over me and it's not worth it. Tell him to come meet us here today so we can all hang out. He can really get to know who I am. Just please, for the love of God, shut up. I'm trying to sleep."

Trinity snorted. "Did you here that?"

Julian grumbled, "Yeah."

"Gonna come over then?"

"I don't know, do I have to?"

She sighed. "No, but it would make me really happy."

He gave a low groan. "Don't play that card."

"It's not a card, I'm being serious. "

He groaned again and mumbled a quiet 'alright'.

She smiled happily, "It means a lot that you're going to do this. I just want both of my best friends to get along. Thank you Julian."

On the other side of the conversation, Julian had a grin on his face despite the slight annoyance he felt.

"No problem, darling. I'll see you soon."

"See ya soon, baby boy."

She hung up and stared at the ceiling with a dopey look in her eyes.

A pillow came flying from the couch and smacked her in the face.

Skylar didn't even look as she mumbled, "You two are too fucking cute, Jesus Christ."

Skylar eventually woke herself up enough to get ready. They had agreed on going to a teen club downtown. It wasn't really a club, it just had live music and a small dance floor, but the food was great and that's all the two girls cared about. Skylar drove herself and Trinity to the club around five pm after Trinity let Julian know where he should meet them.

They arrived and managed to get a table even though the place was nearly full. Trinity knew it would be a few more minutes before Julian got there and she wanted to take the chance to make sure Skylar was on her best behavior.

"Look, I know you're not going to change how you are to impress Julian, just... please, be nice. He's important."

Skylar watched her friend with knowing eyes. "You're so into him."

Trinity dropped her head and didn't respond.

Skylar reached out and grabbed her hand tightly. "I'll be civil. Don't worry."

As the last words escaped her mouth, Julian came into her view. She nudged Trin's foot with her own. "Perk up, hottie coming in t minus three seconds."

Trinity lifted her head just as Julian reached their table. He nodded at Skylar and moved into the seat next to Trinity, leaning into to kiss her cheek. "Hi."

She smiled tightly him. "Hello."

He leaned back and gave her a questioning look. "You alright?"

She nodded, "Mhm."

He continued to stare at her. She coughed into her hand and averted her eyes. "Well, this is sufficiently awkward. I'm going to get something to drink. You both want cokes? Yeah? Cool. "

She pushed Julian out of the booth and went up to the bar to order and wait for their drinks.

Skylar stared at Julian while he stared down at his hands.

He could feel her looking at him and it was beginning to make him uncomfortable.

He glanced up. "Need something?"

She tilted her head slightly. "No, but Trinity does. She needs you, and as much as you may not like it, she needs me too."

His eyes searched hers and he saw a knowing look stored there. "What's wrong with her?"

She looked taken aback. "Excuse me?"

"You know what's wrong with her. What is it?"

She shook her head. "There's nothing wrong."

His eyes held a steely resolve. "You're lying to me."

Skylar gave an exasperated sigh. "Look, that isn't what this is about. This is about us being civil so that she doesn't have to choose. This is about not hurting her. Are you down with that?"

Julian had to think about it. Of course he was alright with not hurting her. What he wasn't alright with was being kept in the dark. Why was everyone else allowed to know what was wrong except him?

"I'm down with that. Just tell me, is she gonna be okay?"

Her eyes flickered down before meeting his. "Yes."

She was lying and they both knew it.

By the time their meal was over, conversation was flowing naturally between the three of them. Trinity leaned back in her seat and watched her two best friends bicker back and forth. She knew that they would get along great once they gave each other a chance. It warmed her heart to know she could keep them both in her life without having to set up alternating days and weekends like they were divorced parents.

It was nearing nine when Skylar started yawning. Around a half hour later, she succumbed to her sleepiness and announced that she was going to head home. She gave Julian a light pat on the shoulder in farewell and hugged Trinity goodbye.

"Do you need your bag?"

Julian answered for Trinity, "My cars open. Could you just drop it in the passenger seat?"

"Sure, you two kids have fun," she replied with a wink.

Once she was out of sight Julian turned to Trinity and whispered, "I think I might like her."

She grinned up at him and rested against his shoulder. "See? I knew you would."

They sat in silence for a few minutes. Julian's arm was around her shoulder as she continued to lean on him. He rubbed her arm absentmindedly and watched the band on stage. They were pretty great. They began a new song that sounded pretty catchy. He pushed Trinity off of him and grabbed her hand.

"Where are we going?" she questioned.

He nodded towards the dance floor. "Dancing."

She giggled and sped up until she was pulling him. By the time their feet hit the floor, the chorus was beginning.

I'd burn it down, I'd light it up

For you, I'd risk it all

I'd rather crash, I'd rather crawl

Than never have your love at all

With only bricks to break my fall

For you, I'd risk it all

Despite the song being slightly upbeat, Julian had his arms wound around Trinity's hips and they were dancing slowly.

Stand your ground

Win or lose I gotta see this out

Go ahead, I'll let you watch me drown

It takes more than this to keep me down

Julian pushed Trinity out in a light twirl and brought her in closer than before. Her breathing sped up as his green eyes glided over her face.

She didn't know what to do. Everything inside of her was screaming that she needed to hightail it away from him. Everything but her heart. It wasn't fair that he was looking at her with the slightest of smiles on his lips, like he'd never seen anything so amazing. It wasn't fair that he was leaning closer and closer. It wasn't fair that her eyes were fluttering shut on their own accord as the song ended softly in the background.

For you I'd risk it all.

And when his lips touched hers in a firm kiss, for a split second, all she could think was maybe it wasn't fair of her to let him do this. He didn't know what was going to happen in a few short months.

But then his lips were the only thing that mattered and she just didn't care anymore.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hey! New chapter guys!

Song:

-Risk It All//The Vamps

They're so amazing and their new album was just released. I'm so in love, I had to include one of them in here.

Enjoy!

-Alyssa xx

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

2.4K 81 51
Junior year was going pretty well. I was having so much fun till the start of second semester. Now instead of this life I had planned for myself. I w...
80 0 35
When Hailey moves into a new town she instantly clicks with Lucas and his friends. The only problem is Hailey found out that her cancer has returned...
20.9K 652 20
I know it's probably weird for a girl who has cancer to be so well like me and all, but my family and I both agreed that I should live my life as lon...
1.4K 36 16
"She was his other half. He was her other half. They felt complete, they felt whole, they felt better, around each other. But there were so many obst...