Star Blood |✔|

By world_joy_

"Little Star," the king said, his red eyes shining down as he greedily took in my whole body and the represso... More

INTRODUCTION
1| AIR
2| DRY
3| AGONY
5| SILENCE
6| DARKNESS
7| EYES
8| MOTIONLESS
9| CRYING
10| TRAPPED
11| SMILING
12| KNOCK
13| WAITING
14| TAKEN
15| DRUG
16| BLOOD
17| SOFT
18| TIME
19| SHOCK
20| OPEN
21| SCREAM
22| RED
23| BEAUTIFUL
24| DANGER
25| VISION
26| ALONE
27| WHISPER
28| CLOUDS
29| FIRE
30| SCAR
31| SHADOWS
32| BLACK
33| MOVEMENT
34| CALL
35| BREATHLESS
36| COLLECT
37| DAYS
38| SENSATION
39| OCEAN
40| PANIC
41| BROKEN
42| STEEL
43| NUMB
44| DIFFERENT
45| GOLD
46| FIELD
47| END
OTHER WORKS

4| LIGHT

43.4K 2.2K 166
By world_joy_

Light.

It filtered into my room and collected in a pool on my floor. I watched as the flickers came in and out of the window.

The light suddenly went dark.

I glanced out the window, but saw the sun still there, hanging in its place.

They were here.

I gathered my small pack. I had known in the past coming days that they would be approaching soon. The small amount of stuff I owned was already stored away, ready for a moment's notice departure.

I turned my head as I heard footsteps climbing up the stairs. They stopped in front of my door. I opened it to find a startled disciple. The young girl paled, and quickly bowed, averting her eyes from my face.

"Arishia they-,"

"They are here." I said calmly.

The girl's eyes widened as she fidgeted by the door. "The Elders are waiting, Arishia," she whispered.

I smoothed her cheek as I passed by her. Her eyes bulged out with the contact, and she immediately dropped to the floor, "Arishia!" She exclaimed, touched by my caring hands upon her face.

I did not stop to acknowledge her, and left her there upon the floor.

I knew where they would be. The front gate. The Gate keeper must have sent word to the high council and not me.

As I walked out the door and down the pathway, I saw many other female students making their way to the gate. I motioned for them to come to me, and soon we had a small, grim cluster.

"Arishia," some whispered, acknowledging my presence. They let me lead as we approached the gate.

The Elders were there, standing, waiting. On the other side were three men and an old fashioned carriage and horse.

I stopped and stood next to the high Elder. Turning to the gate, I faced the three men and felt my features stiffen at what I saw.

One man was moon blessed.

No. I quickly corrected myself in my mind. He had been moon blessed. The only indicator that he was not like me were the small, hard to see, blond strands in his hair, mixed in with his white. Pale blue eyes, met my own with startled recognition. He was not moon blessed though. He had let the darkness take over him, making a red ring around his blue eyes. Now his blessing has twisted into something else. Something it was not meant to be.

What a pity, I thought.

"My lady," he said, bowing low to me.

I frowned my distaste at him. He looked at the Elders and held out a paper for them to read from the other side of the fence, "I come by order of the King. Section 20 is now undergoing the Reaping. You received your verification letter?"

The High Elder nodded at the man. It was clear to see he was the one in charge.

"Let the Reaping begin then." The man said.

He looked over at me, thinking hard before glancing at the other girls.

"They are all of age?" He questioned.

The Elder nodded. I looked down to see his clenched fist. His eyes darted to me. I nodded to him, trying to show my reassurance. One girl started to sob. I turned and glared at her, silencing whatever outburst she wanted to continue in. Now was not the time.

"We should take her," the man to the right said. He pointed to me.

I stepped forward as the other female disciples gasped. "No!" One yelled. Several stepped forwards, "Take me!" "Not Arishia!" "Arishia!"

My heart broke at the cries that they yelled. I turned to them and shook my head. Don't.

Scattered hiccups and whispered, "Please no Arishia," could still be heard.

I stepped forward.

"You choose me?" I questioned.

The blue eyed man looked at me and my repressors upon my body. My thin white robe did not do much to hide me. Modesty was not something we valued.

"I can smell you," he said, stepping as close as he could before the barrier prevented him. "How is that possible? You have those repressors, and the barrier should close you off, yet I can still taste you."

Fangs came descending in his mouth. He quickly jumped back, hiding his features behind his hand, "forgive me my lady," he said, his voice strained.

The rest of us watched in stunned silence. I quickly sent a prayer up to the moon. There was no way I was getting out of this alive.

I knew enough about them to know that they valued self-control. And what had just happened was anything but. Showing fangs was the equivalent of a hormonal teenage boy getting excited. It was embarrassing to them.

The blue-eyed man's companions looked at him in astonishment and surprise as he continued hiding his mouth with his hand.

I looked at the Elder. He was pale. He glanced and me and shook his head. We can't do this, He seemed to be saying to me.

Before the old man could voice his uneasiness aloud though, I stepped closer to the gates and said, "I will go. I accept the Reaping."

The two men turned their astonished look to me now. No sane person would go after what they had just witnessed.

I grabbed my small bag from the ground and stepped forward.

"Arishia!" The girls swarmed forward. I saw the approaching male disciples who were not a part of the Reaping.

"They are taking Arishia!" One yelled, causing all of them to thunder and run to the gate.

Once they had reached me, I extended my arms open. They swarmed to me, as many as they could, eager to accept my touch. I softly cooed at them and stroked each of their heads.

"Be strong, Be strong, May the Moon bless you," I said softly.

Some sobbed while others stared in horror at the gate and the fate that awaited me.

"Take this Arishia," a female stepped forward and presented me with a coat. Others then stepped forward- one giving me shoes, another giving me a small trinket of the moon.

"Thank you, my children," I said, tears forming within my eyes. I was sacrificing myself for them. To help them.

"We will never forget Arishia," they whispered.

That's okay. I whispered in my mind, it is best if you do forget. And you will. You will mourn for a while maybe. But eventually you will move on.

"Goodbye my children, may the Mother bless you," I said. 

I needed to go before the departure of them became too hard.

Then each, one by one fell to the ground.

Please don't bow. I wanted to say. But it gave them small comfort. Small comfort that they needed.

I gave one last look at the Elders. Some were crying, while others nodded with grim faces. I nodded back. Turning away from them all, I looked at the three men.

They stared at me in confusion mixed with awe. I could tell they were wondering who I was to deserve such a loud goodbye.

I opened the gate.

The man on the right who had pointed me out, hissed loudly. The blue-eyed man quickly stood in front of me. I looked at him, hiding my surprise on the inside. "Do not touch her," he said softly.

"I will not last the journey if I have to travel with her the whole way," the man hissed. A red tint could be seen in his eyes. Something I could detect now that I was closer to them.

"Then you will have to go another way. I will travel with her and lead her to the Castle," the blue-eyed man hissed back.

The two men looked hard at me. I waited, holding myself in for their attack. I could defend myself if it came to it. I had fought against the dark ones before.

"Fine," the man spat out. I could tell he was not breathing, holding his breath to not catch my scent. I wondered how strong it must be like without the barrier. I shuddered on the inside to think of what it would have been like without the repressors.

The two men ran, a blur upon the road as they traveled down it.

Those who watched on the other side of the gate gasped. For many, it was their first time seeing these creatures of darkness- having lived a sheltered life.

The blue-eyed man turned to me. Some while ago he had regained his composure. His fangs now were hidden from sight.

"I apologize for them my lady, I also apologize again for my.... behavior."

I nodded to him, showing my acceptance.

He stepped forward and opened the carriage door. I looked at the front of the carriage to the shivering man who drove it. The people who had no shelter from the darkness and had to live in it daily.

Stepping into the carriage, I watched the fading scene of the home that once was.

The Elders and disciples all stood before the gate. One person raised their hand, forming a circle with it. I watched as they all matched the hand sign and said goodbye to me.

Sending prayers that my soul would reach the moon of the Mother's arms safely when I had passed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 489 24
*Book Two Of The Federation Series* It is said that the moon goddess created supernatural beings that gain strength from the moon, creatures of the n...
847K 24.8K 33
*COMPLETED* Annalise(Ann) had a simple life. A loving family, and a roof over her head. But when that is taken away, when the king and his men destro...
2.9M 108K 54
'You didn't answer my question,' he asked, holding her gaze in his hypnotic ones. 'Wh... what question?' She was surprised at her own voice, it sound...
3.6K 209 50
"Can I ask you a question?" She stares into my eyes, "What?" "If you had a chance to get revenge, or even justice, for something or someone that mat...