Vampire Diaries 1

By AssassinNovice72

Elena has a younger twin, Samathea Gilbert, they get along very well, but get this, she the doppelganger of K... More

Chapter 1: Pilot
Chapter 2: Night of the Comet
Chapter 3: Friday Night Bites
Chapter 4: Family Ties
Chapter 5: You're Undead to Me
Chapter 6: Lost Girl
Chapter 7: Hunted
Chapter 8: 162 Candles
Chapter 10: The Turning Point
Chapter 11: Bloodlines
Chapter 12: Unpleasantville
Chapter 13: Children of the Damned
Chapter 14: Fool me once
Chapter 15: A Few Good Men
Chapter 16: There Goes the Neighborhood
Chapter 17: Let The Right One in
Chapter 18: Under Control
Chapter 19: Miss Mystic Falls
Chapter 20: Blood Brothers
Chapter 21: Isobel
Chapter 22: Founder's Day

Chapter 9: History Repeating

715 16 1
By AssassinNovice72

Chapter 9: History Repeating

Bonnie sat in class as the teacher teaches the class on the subject, Bonnie yawns too tired to even care. She places her head down then sat up straight again. She then saw out of the corner of her eye a shadow outside her classroom, she slowly stood up and make her way out of the classroom and walks into the hall, she then saw the shadow again, she then saw the shadow again and slowly followed after it, as she reaches the door, she saw the ghost of Emily Bennett, Bonnie stiffens in her spot then Emily walks out of the doors, Bonnie followed after her.

She found herself back into the woods in front of the cemetery. She looks around the woods and saw Emily standing far away from her, then turns and started to walk away, Bonnie followed after her and was brought a burnt down church, Emily stood in the center then looks over at Bonnie, "Please help me." she asks her, "Who are you?" Bonnie asks her, "I'm Emily, you know that we're family." she tells the young teen. "Where am I?" she asks her, Emily looks back at the church, "This is where it started and this is where it has to end, I have to keep a promise to an old friend." she tells her, Bonnie shook her head, "No, this isn't real." Bonnie said, going to leave, but Emily appears in front of her, Bonnie went running the other way, but Emily appears there too, "Help me." she orders the teen.

Emily Bennett, that is enough!!" a voice boom across the forest, Emily backs away from Bonnie and the woman from Samathea's dream walks up to her, "Please Bonnie, you must help Emily before they're released." she tells her, Bonnie looks at her in confusion. "What are you asking of me?" Bonnie asks her, the woman places her pale hand on her shoulder. "All will come in due time, but right now, wake up," she tells the young witch.

Bonnie jumps awake in the classroom, making everyone look at her, "What are you looking at, turn around." she tells the girl next to her, and as she looks forward, she saw out of the corner of her eye, Emily was sitting right next to her, she screams.

~8~8~8~

"Bonnie, Bonnie wake up!" Samathea shakes her, Bonnie shot her eyes open and sat straight up, Samathea grips her shoulder and held her close to her, "It's alright, it's alright, it was all just a dream." she tells her, Bonnie then realizes where she was; in the woods, in front of the cemetery.

~8~8~8~

Later that school, Bonnie, and Samathea sat at a table with their lunches. "Your ancestor, Emily is haunting you to end something and this woman from my dream is asking you the same thing, but doesn't mention who they are." Samathea sums up, Bonnie nods her head, Samathea groans, rubbing her temple. "And here I thought we were going to have a normal day." she whines, Bonnie glares at her, "Then again, we aren't... normal anymore." she adds and drinks her soda, "That's an understatement." Bonnie states.

Samathea raise her eyebrows and nods, then finish her drink and sets her soda down, "Okay, but let me get one thing straight, the woman with the black veil, why is she hiding her face, what she born like reformed?" she asks, Bonnie shrugs. "No, but when she spoke to me, it sounded... familiar." she states, "Familiar how?" Samathea asks, Bonnie looks at her, "She sounded a lot like you." Bonnie points at Samathea, who looked confused. "Okay... that sounds weird," she states. "You're telling me," Bonnie adds then Elena sat next to them and Bonnie filled her in on everything.

"And it all started with that necklace, that bloody witch talisman." Samathea points at Bonnie's necklace, "So what are you going to do about it?" Elena asks as Samathea took a picture of the necklace. "I don't know, but I really want it to stop," she tells them, the twins look at their friend in worry.

~8~8~8~

After school was over, Samathea walks with Bonnie in worry. "Are you going to follow me everywhere I go?" Bonnie asks her, Samathea shrugs. "Not everywhere, that would push me to stalker level and I ain't-a stalker, I'm only following you, because I'm worried." she tells her, "What are you, my mom?" Bonnie asks her, "No... I'm the over-protective sister that want to beat up every signal person and or slash supernatural being that wants to hurt my younger siblings." she said plainly, Bonnie laughs at her.

They then come to an abrupt stop as Damon stood in front of Bonnie, "Okay, it's your last chance." he tells her, Samathea pulls her away from Damon and held her close to her, "I'll scream." Bonnie warns him as they both walk pass him, "Oh no, don't do that, let's stay on point." he tells them as he walks alongside them, next to Samathea. "Listen I want my necklace." he tells Bonnie, "You can't have it." Bonnie tells him, "Well I can't take it, but you can give it to me, I'm trying to help you." he tells her, "You only trying to help yourself." Samathea grits her teeth, "But Bonnie does want my help and she doesn't even know it, you know why." he tells her, "Enlighten me then." Samathea dares him.

"Your little witch friend has to stumble into something that she needs to stumble out of." he tells them as they walk up to Bonnie's car, "Leave my friend alone, or else..." Samathea went to say, but Damon stumbles in front of the car. "Ooh, no threats, listen. A; you hurt me last time. B; I wish her no harm, believe it or no Sammy, I want to protect her. Let me help get Emily off her back." he tells her, Samathea gently pushes Bonnie away and keep her gaze lock on with Damon's.

"How did you know about her?" she asks him, "I know a lot of things." he tells her, making her back up, "And I know more about that crystal then both of you do," he adds, caging her in between him and the car. "And I know, she's knowing it to crept inside of her," he adds again, brushing a strain behind her ear, then notice the frightened look on her face. "See how scared you are and you should be, because I will get that crystal even if I have to wait for Emily to give it to me herself." he sums up, Samathea glares at him, "So, next time she comes out to play..." he pulls away from Samathea and opens the door for Bonnie. "You tell her, a deal's a deal," he tells them, Samathea quickly walks to the passenger side and Bonnie got in on the driver's side and Damon closes the door behind her.

~8~8~8~

"He's bad news Elena he really scared me, I thought he was going to kill Sammy," Bonnie tells her as she looks through the review mirror, Elena sat in the back as Samathea sat in front, she just presses her face into her hand. "You need to stay as far away from Damon as possible," Elena said as she leaned forward. "I'm trying, he just keeps showing up," she tells them.

Elena sighs, "I don't want you to be alone, you're sleeping at our place tonight, we can make a whole night out of it." Elena tells her, "Yeah, that would be fun." Samathea agrees after she pulls her face from her hands, then Bonnie pulls over, gets out of the car and pulls the necklace off her neck. "Bonnie?" Elena calls out to her, then Bonnie threw the necklace out to the field, she then marches back to the cat and got back in. "Feel better?" Samathea asks her, Bonnie looks at her and nods.

"Yeah, I do, don't know what I didn't do that sooner." she tells her, "What're your Grams going to say?" Elena asks her, "Grams isn't the one being haunted by a 150-year-old ghost, is she." she tells her, Samathea looks at Elena, "She's got a point." Samathea tells her, "Okay then." Elena said and Bonnie pulled on her seat-belt.

~8~8~8~

Later that night, Samathea pace by the door, waiting for an answer when someone knocks on the door, Elena walks up to Samathea and opens the door, there stood Stefan, "Hey, thanks for coming, I wouldn't call if it wasn't important." she tells him, "I know that." he said, then the three walk out onto the porch and Samathea closes the door behind them.

"He threatens her Stefan." Elena states, "What would Damon want with Bonnie?" Stefan questions, "She has this necklace, Caroline got it from Damon and she gave to Bonnie and now Damon wants it back. He's tormenting her." Samathea tells him, "Why a necklace?" he asks, "It's not just any necklace, it has to do with Bonnie's heritage, it belongs to one of her ancestor who lived here doing the civil war. . . when you and Damon lived here." Elena tells him, "Her name was Emily, she was Katherine and Mary Ann's handmaiden and a witch." he tells her, "You know?" Elena asks him, he nods, she then looks at Samathea. "I had no idea, all I knew that he was a vampire, that's all," she tells her, Elena nods. "About Bonnie?" Elena asks Stefan, "The first night when you invited me over for dinner I made the connection." he tells her.

"And now Damon knows and for some reason, he wants that necklace." Elena concludes, "What does it look like?" he asks her, Samathea pulls out her phone and shows him the picture. "I know it, it belongs to Katherine, Emily gave it to her, which means that..." he starts, Samathea puts her phone away and they both look at him, "What?" Elena asks him. "I don't know. But I'm going to find out, let me take to Damon." he said going to the steps, "Will he tell you?" Samathea questions him, he stops.

"I'll... I'll get it out of him." he tells them, Elena nods at him and Stefan walks away, "Stefan wait there's more." Samathea calls out to him, he stops and looks at her. "Emily isn't the only ghost haunting Bonnie," she tells him. He looks at her, "What do you mean?" he asks, "Sam..." Elena went to stop her, "Elena, he needs to know." she tells her, then Samathea walks up to Stefan. "There was a woman, she was about the same height as me, wore a long velvet shoulder-less dress, along with black hair tied up in a fancy half ponytail. And a black veil covered her face, and Bonnie said that she sounded just like me," she tells him.

Stefan stiffens, "What did she say?" he asks her, "She said to me to stop him before it's too late and with Bonnie, she said to make sure they don't come out." Samathea tells him, he looks away from her, "Stefan who are they and who was the woman from mine and Bonnie's dreams?" Samathea asks him, he looks back at her, "That was Mary Ann and she was once a Sorceress before she became a vampire." he tells her, "Who turn her into a vampire?" Elena asks her, Stefan shrugs. "She never talks about it, every time I ask her, she would have this horrified look on her face and said please don't ask me, I want to forget," he tells them then vamps off.

Samathea threw up her arms, "I hate it when he does that." she complains as she pulls her arms back down, Elena leans against the beam next to her. "You're not the only one."

~8~8~8~

Later on, Caroline comes over with grocers and place them in the kitchen, she began to unload them as Bonnie walks into the room, Caroline shot her a look them looks at Elena, who nudges her head to Bonnie, Caroline just unloaded the grocers, then Samathea glares at her, telling to apologizes to Bonnie, Caroline sighs then looks at her friend, "I'm sorry, there I said it. You want the ugly ass necklace, keep it, it's yours." Caroline tells her, "Would you hate me if I tell you I threw it away?" Bonnie asks her.

"You threw it away?" Caroline asks her, "I know it sounds crazy, the necklace was giving me nightmares, I had to get rid of it." Bonnie tells her, "You could have just given it back to me." Caroline tells her, "Why so you can give it back to Damon?" Elena asks her, Samathea facepalms. "Screw Damon, are we doing manicures or what, who has their kit?" she asks them, "Mine is in my bag." Bonnie tells her, Samathea walks over to Bonnie's bag as Caroline continue the unpacking, "So Elena, how long do you think is fight with Stefan is going to last, is it like a permanent thing?" she asks her.

"I don't know Caroline." Elena answers, then Samathea gasp, "Um Bonnie..." Samathea calls out, the three turn to her and there she held the necklace, "I don't think it wants to leave." Samathea tells them as the two look at it in shock

~8~8~8~

Caroline scuffs and turns to Bonnie, "Why are you such a little liar Bonnie?" Caroline asks her, "What?" Bonnie asks, "Caroline." Elena exclaims. Samathea places the necklace in her hand and walks up to them, "I'm not lying to you Caroline, I swear." Bonnie tells her, "It's true, Sammy and I watch her throw it into a field." Elena tells her, "It was a really good throw." Samathea adds, "Well then explain it." Caroline demands of them, "Emily." Bonnie said to the twins, "Who's Emily?" Caroline asks her, "The ghost?" Samathea asks her, "Oh, the ghost has a name now." Caroline exclaims, "Shh, Caroline please." Elena shushes her.

"I wonder why she won't leave me alone?" Bonnie questions, Samathea pulls the necklace out of her hand and held it by the chain, "She must be really desperate to have you do whatever she wants to be done." Samathea states and places the necklace on the Island, "Ok, what is going on, why am I not apart of this conversation. You guys do this to me all the time." Caroline complains, "That's not true..." Elena argues, "Yes it is." Bonnie protested Elena and Samathea look at her, then Bonnie looks at her. "I can't talk to you, you don't listen." Bonnie tells her, "That's not true." Caroline protested, "I'm a witch." Bonnie tells her, "And don't we know it." Caroline ejected. Elena and Samathea glare at her, "See that's what I'm talking about, I'm trying to tell you something, you won't even hear it." Bonnie tells her, feeling hurt.

Caroline notices the hurt expression in Bonnie eyes, and she walks away, "I listen, when do I not listen?" Caroline states, Elena just sighs as Samathea chases after Bonnie.

~8~8~8~

Bonnie sat in the living room, with a few lite candles, fiddling with her shirt, then saw one of the flames flicker a little, she looks at it and saw it jump off the candle whisk. It takes the form of a little dancer and it tips its hat at her, she smiles a little and bows her hand a little, and the little fire started to tap dance for her, Bonnie smiles as it gave her a little show, then after its performance, it burst into a flame and turned into a white little feather.

She gazes with awe and it floated down onto her lap, Bonnie took the feather and smiles. "I'm glad you're feeling a little better." Samathea calls out to her, Bonnie looks over and saw Samathea lean against the door frame, "You did that?" Bonnie asks her, Samathea smiles, push off the frame and sat next to Bonnie, "I'm getting better at it, a little, I manage to improve a bit, enough to turn your frown upside down." Samathea tells her, Bonnie smiles and pulls Samathea into a hug. "Thank you," she tells her, Samathea just shrugs. "I'm just wicked like that." she winks at her witchy friend, Bonnie just smiles and place the feather in her pocket then Caroline walks into the living room, the two look at her.

"Bonnie, look it's just not me, I don't believe in the whooo, whooo." she chuckles a little, Bonnie looks away, frowning a little, Caroline looks at Samathea, who urges her to continue with her sentence, "But if you do, okay, I'm in that's all it takes for me to jump on board, because... I consider you to be my best friend and I'm saying this knowing, that Elena is in the kitchen, listening to my every word." she tells her, Bonnie smiles, then Caroline walks over and sat down in between them, "Look I didn't know this was real for you, but I'm listening now." she tells her and show her the crystal.

Bonnie took the necklace, "Okay?" Caroline asks her, "Okay." Bonnie smiles, "I'd say that ended on a good note." Samathea concludes, "Elena you can come in now, we're done." Caroline shouts, then Elena walks into the room a smile on her face and sat on the arm next to Samathea, you know there is too much tension in this room, so what do you guys want to do?" she asks them, Elena shrugs her shoulders, she then gasps, jumping straight, placing her hands on top of Bonnie and Samathea's, "I know, let's have a séance." she tells them, they shook their head, "I don't think that's a good idea." Bonnie tells her as Caroline got off the couch. "Come on, let's summon some spirits. This Emily chick has some serious explaining to do." Caroline tells them as she stood behind the couch, they all eyed each other.

Later on, they sat in Elena's room, the lights were out, a few candles were light and the three sat in a circle, holding hands. "What are we doing?" Bonnie asks them, Samathea shrugs her shoulder, "I don't know." Elena answers. "Shh, be quiet and concentrate. Okay, close your eyes." Caroline tells them, Elena nods and they close their eyes, "Take a deep breath." she tells them, they all inhaled, "Bonnie call to her." she tells her. "Emily, you there?" she asks, the three open their eyes and looks at her, "Really, Emily, you there. That's all you got?" Caroline questions her, "Fine, jeez." Bonnie whines a little, they all close their eyes and inhaled again, "Emily I call on you. I know you have a message, I'm here to listen." Bonnie calls out to her, then the flames flare a little, making the three pulls their hands away.

"Did that just..." Elena asks, "Yeah that just happen." Caroline tells her, then a cold rush of the wind blew past her, making her shiver, "That's just the air conditioning." Bonnie states, then the flames flare again, "Ask her to show you a sign. Ask her." Caroline tells her. Elena looks at her, a little frightening. "Emily, if you're among us, show us another sign." Caroline calls out, but the flare flames stayed the same, "See, it's not working." Bonnie tells her, then Samathea brushes back her hair and leans forward a bit, "Mary, if you can hear me, tell us, what are you trying to warn us?" she asks, the flames flicker a little, then they all heard a small whimper and sobs. "Are you guys..." She asks, "Yeah, we're hearing that too." Caroline tells her, then the windows burst open, frightening the three but Samathea just turns her head to it, "No, No, I'm done." Bonnie said, standing to her feet, tearing the necklace off her neck and threw it to the ground by the candles and the flames went out.

"Get the lights, someone gets the lights!" Bonnie shouts, "Hang on." Elena jumps to her feet, ran over to the switch, turns on the lights and Bonnie saw the necklace was gone. "You guys, the necklace, it's gone," she tells them, they all followed her gaze, she was right, Bonnie heirloom it vanished into midair.

~8~8~8~

They all look in the room, trying to find the crystal, but nothing. "Alright Caroline, I get it, you made a point, now give it back." Elena tells her, "What I didn't take." she protested, then a shadow moves outside the room, Elena shout her eyes to the door, "What, what did you see?" Caroline asks her, "I don't know, Jeremy are you home?" Elena calls out as she walks to the door, then Bonnie looks over at the bathroom and saw the necklace laying on the ground. "Guys," she calls out as she slowly walks to the bathroom, Samathea followed after her. Caroline and Elena look over at her as she enters the bathroom, she bends over and picks it up, as she went to leave, both doors to the bathroom close, shutting Bonnie inside.

The three ran to the door, as Bonnie cried out for help, "Bonnie, Bonnie!!" Caroline and Elena pound on the door, then Samathea grips the door handle and tries to turn it open, but it wouldn't open, "Bonnie, open the door, they both cried out fanatically, then the lights flickered a bit and they pounded even harder and after a while the flickering stops and so did Bonnie's screaming and shouts for help.

The door open and they saw Bonnie standing in the center, her face buried in her hands, "What happened are you okay?" Elena asks her, Bonnie said nothing, but then slowly moved her face out of her hands and looks at them, Samathea stiffens as she saw her eyes were different, "I'm fine." she said in a cold voice, "Unbelievable, you were totally faking it." Caroline ejects at her, "Caroline... come on." Elena tells her, "You scared the hell out of me!" she shouts and walks away, but Bonnie stood there, calm and collected with her hands folded in front of her. "Bonnie?" Elena asks Bonnie looks at her, "I'm fine. Everything's fine." she answers and walks out of the bathroom, Samathea kept her eyes on her as she walks away.

"Elena, that's not Bonnie." Samathea whispers, Elena turns to her, "What?" she asks, "That Emily, she's possessing Bonnie." she tells her, "Okay, keep an eye on her, alright?" she asks her, Samathea nods and follows after Bonnie.

~8~8~8~

Samathea and Emily walk through the woods, nearing the church, "So tell me, Emily, why do you want to destroy the crystal what promise are you keeping?" Samathea asks her, "Mary Ann ask me to never let the vampires out of the tomb, even if she was trapped inside as well." she tells her in a calm tone, "Mary, you mean Damon's lover?" Samathea asks her. "Yes, she knew at if Katherine continue her reckless behavior, they would come for them and so they did, Damon and I made a deal, I protect her from the fire and he protects my line." she tells her, Samathea looks at her, "You really miss her, don't you?" she asks her, Emily stops in her tracks, "Yes, she was a good friend, she was able to affect people around, just by being there, she was a light that the loneliest of souls finds and fills them with warmth," she tells her as a tear slides down her face.

"She must have been a wonderful friend to honor." Samathea tells her, Emily looks at her and nods, "Yes, she was. Now I must finish it before he comes." she states and walks off, Samathea follows after her, "If Mary Ann was a vampire, how many were trap in the tomb along with her?" she asks the witch, "27 vampires were trapped alongside her, but in order to save her I had to save them." she tells her, "Hello Emily, you look different." Damon said as he walks up to them, "Nice to see you again Sammy." Damon winks at her, she just rolls her eyes.

Emily turns to him, "I won't let you do it." she tells him, "We had a deal." he tells her, "Things are different now, I need to protect my family." she tells him, "I protected your family, you owe me." he tells her, "I know, I'm sorry." she tells him, "You're about to be a lot more than that." he vamps over to her, "No!" Samathea shouts, flicking her wrist, making Damon fly and get impaled on a tree branch, he groans in pain as she gasps and overs her mouth, Emily looks at her, "You truly are a Sorceress." she tells her and walks off. Samathea looks at Damon one last time and follows after Emily, "I am grateful for your assistance." she tells her as they arrive at the church, "Lay off, I'm not here for you, I'm here for my friend." she tells her as Emily took a log walks back to the opening and started to draw on the ground.

A half an hour later, Stefan arrives and pulls Damon off the tree branch and he collapses to the ground, holding his wound, "Stefan." she calls out, "Hello Emily, Sammy." he greets them, Samathea nods her head at him as she stood next to Emily. "These people are different, they don't deserve this. They should never have to know such evil." she tells him and continue to draw on the ground, "What do you mean evil?" he asks her, "Emily, I swear to god, I'll make regret this." Damon groans as he tries to stand up, "I wouldn't let you unleash them into this world." she tells him, "Them?" Stefan asks then looks at Damon, "What part of the story did you leave out Damon?" Stefan questions him, "Does it matter?" he groans, then Stefan looks back at Emily. "In order to save Mary Ann, she had to save them, all the others that were trapped in the tomb," Samathea tells him, he shot a look at her then back at Emily.

"You save everyone in the church?" he questions her, "I don't care about them, I just want Mary Ann," he tells her, picking himself up. "I can't believe a signal word that comes out of your mouth, this isn't about love, is it? This is about revenge." Stefan put two and two together. "The two aren't conclusive." he argues, "Damon you can't-do this," Stefan tells him.

"Why not, what did Mary Ann ever do to the people of this town, she never hurt anyone, let alone a child, she loved them, she cared for them, she saved them from Katherine and how did they repay her, they branded her as some kind of wild beast, they killed 28 people and they called it a war battle, they deserve whatever they get." Damon growls, letting his emotions show, "28 vampires Damon, they were vampires, you can't just bring them back." Stefan tries to get it through Damon's head. "This town deserves it." he tells him, "You're blaming innocent people for something that happen 145 years ago." Stefan tells him, "There is nothing innocent about these people and don't think for a second it won't happen again, they already know too much and they burn your little grand witch, right next to us if they find out, trust me." Damon yells at Emily. "You have to go through me first," Samathea growls at him.

"Things are different now." Emily tells him, "Don't do this." Damon begs her, "I can't free them. I won't." she finalizes, she then drops the stick, "Insediea!" Emily called forth flames, Damon continued to beg her, Samathea stood next to her, looking down at the flames, that formed a star, she then took off the necklace and held it out, "Bonnie!" Elena calls out, Stefan ran to her and held her back then Emily toss the necklace up in the air, "NO!!!" Damon shouts, but the necklace was destroyed, Samathea looks at Damon, seeing the killer look is eyes as he glared at Bonnie, the flames then die down, Bonnie opens her eyes, looking confused, Damon charges at her, eyes crimson red and his fangs showing, Samathea shoves her to the side and Bonnie crashes to the ground.

Damon grips onto Samathea's arms and dug his fangs into her neck, Samathea screams out in pain. "Damon, no!" Stefan calls out to him, but he didn't listen, he just kept feeding on Samathea not realizing it was her, Stefan then vamps over and pulls Damon off of Samathea and she collapses onto the ground, Damon looks at her in shock as he realizes what he's done, "Oh my god, Sammy!" Bonnie cries out, Stefan kneels down beside her and place his ear to her chest, "She's alive, but barely, I can save her." Stefan tells them, biting his wrist and giving her his blood, Elena turns to Damon, seeing the guilty look in his eyes, "Stay away from my sister you got that?" she tells him, Damon said nothing as he just looks at Samathea.

The wound in her neck heals and Samathea started to cough, as she can taste the blood. "Oh, that gross, that's really gross." she groans, "Her neck, it's healing," Elena tells him, as the wound was gone. "Elena, what the hell is going on, why am I here, why did Stefan just feed Sammy his blood and why did Damon just try and kill me?" Bonnie bombards Elena with questions, she turns to her. "I know, but I promise I'll explain everything," she tells her. And wraps her in her arms.

~8~8~8~

Somewhere in the woods, Damon sat on broken stones, with a sorrowful look on his face and Stefan walks up to him, "Katherine tried her hardest to compel me, but it was thanks to Mary that I never fell to her compulsion." he tells him, Stefan just stood there. "Then she told me the truth about her true nature and herself, and I grew to love her even more and she loved me in return," he tells her as a tear slides down his cheek. "She truly was the most wonderful thing to happen to Mystic Falls," he states, remembering Mary.

"You know Damon, when Katherine and Mary were taken into the tomb, and I started to sort out everything, I was in love with Mary too, but I knew I could never have her, because, every time she was with you, that when she shines the brightest, so I watch from the shadows, being envious of you, because you had some you loved you and never played with your feeling and that gave you something real," Stefan confess to him, Damon looks over at him. "She didn't deserve this, she didn't deserve to be branded a monster or bury in a tomb," Damon tells him. "Yeah, but would she want to unleash 27 angry vampires onto innocent people?" Stefan asks him, Damon sniffles, "I'll go."

~8~8~8~

Elena, Bonnie, and Samathea stood by the car Elena clams down a frighten Bonnie, "What happens, how did his face end up like that?" she whimpers, "How are you feeling?" Samathea tells her, "How can you even be asking me that, you were the one that was attacked." she tells her, Samathea covers the blood spot on her neck, "It's nothing, I'm fine." she tells her, Bonnie then looks over and glares at Stefan, the twins look over at him, then turn back to Bonnie, "Hey, Bonnie, look at me." Samathea tells her, Bonnie looks at her, "I swear to you, he's not going to hurt you." she tells her, Bonnie just looks at him, "Go, get in the car, we'll be there shortly." she tells her, Bonnie took one last glare at Stefan and walks into the car, then Samathea and Elena walk up to him, "How is she?" Stefan asks her.

"Shaken up, terrified, are the closest words I can find to describe what Bonnie is feeling right now," Samathea tells her, Elena looks at Samathea then back at Stefan. "Is my sister in danger of becoming..." Elena starts, "No, she has to die with my blood in her system, so keep her away from objects that might kill her within a few days, by then my blood should pass through her system." he tells her.

"I'm going to tell her the truth." Elena states, "You sure?" he asks her, Elena looks at Bonnie then back at him, "I can trust her, we need someone to know, someone to talk to, we can't live in secret." Elena tells her, "I know that you shouldn't have to." he tells her, "I'll go wait in the car." Samathea tells her, she nods and Samathea walks to the car, then Elena looks back at him, "You saved not only Bonnie's by Sammy's life as well." she tells him, he shifts in his spot. "I'm sorry Stefan, I thought that I couldn't be with you, but I can, you don't have to push me away. I can do this," she tells him and grips his hands.

He smiles at her and shook his head, "I can't." he tells her, she looks at him in shock, "I... I have to leave, Elena. Too many of people have died, too much has happened." he tells her, "What, no. I know you think you're protecting me and Sam, but..." Elena went to say more. "I have to, coming home, it was... it was a mistake. I can't be part of your lives anymore," he tells her, Elena cast her eyes to the ground. "Don't go, Stefan. Please you don't have to, this is your home, just... just please don't go." she begs him, he pulls her hand to his lips, kisses it and gently brush his hand against her cheek, "Good-bye Elena." he tells her and leaves, "You're just going to walk away, don't walk away, Stefan." she calls out, but he just kept walking. "Stefan!" she calls out again, but alas he was gone.

~8~8~8~

I've been led on, to think that we were trying for too long. Every time we drift we're forcing what is wrong. At last, the voice is gone. Please take your time, but you've got to know that I am taking sight. Oh, you look good with your patient face and wandering eye don't hold this war inside.

Whoa. Come back when you can, Whoa. Let go, you'll understand. You've done nothing at all, to make me love you less, Whoa. So come back when you can.

*Instrument solo*

You've left your home; you're so far away from everything you know. Your big dream comes crashing down and out your door. Wake up and dream some more. Whoa; come back when you can. Whoa; let go, you'll understand. You've done nothing wrong at all to make me love you less.

Whoa; So come back when you can. Whoa; Come back, I'll help you stand. Whoa; let go and hold my hand If all you wanted was me, I'd give you nothing less. Whoa; So come back when you can.

In Samathea diary...

I get it now, what Damon was planning all these months, he wanted to be reunited with his lost love, but Mary Ann knew that if she was released from the tomb, innocent people would die, so she made a noble sacrifice to keep the vampires trap inside with her, she made Emily swear to destroy the necklace, to make sure Damon wouldn't set her free, I'm sure Emily did it with a heavy heart.

Stefan leaving town is hard on Elena, and Bonnie finding out about Vampires do exist, is taking a toll on her as well, But I also know that whatever happens after tonight, where ever the Salvatore brothers may end up, no matter how hard they remember or forget their past, it will always be there to haunt them and remind them of what happen all those years ago.

Samathea closed her daily and looks up at the stars, seeing them shine in the night sky, she pulls off her window seal and climbs into her bed, turns off her light and laid down, waiting for what tomorrow may bring them.

So come back when you can.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388K 7.6K 67
Rosalie Marie Gilbert, the infamous identical twin sister to Elena Gilbert. She's been pulled into the world of vampires, werewolves, and witches eve...
1.7M 35.8K 29
Elena Gilbert. The doppelganger. The girl that has too much trouble to deal with. Remember her? Well, she's not alone. People don't ever pay attentio...
32.9K 697 49
Rosalie Gilbert is the non-identical twin of Elena Gilbert. She has been away at a boarding school in Washington for a year, and has come back to sta...
22.5K 411 37
Everyone knows the story of Elena Gilbert what people didn't know is that she has a younger twin sister name Alexandra. The Gilbert sisters have alwa...