[ šŸ ] š…š‘šŽš’š“š„šƒ | š©š¢ļæ½...

By queenslist

[ ššˆš„š“š‘šŽ šŒš€š—šˆšŒšŽš…š… š± šŽš‚ ] ā š˜øš˜¦ š˜øš˜°š˜³š˜¬ š˜øš˜¦š˜­š˜­ š˜µš˜°š˜Øš˜¦š˜µš˜©š˜¦š˜³. āž ā ļæ½... More

š…š‘šŽš’š“š„šƒ
šŸŽšŸŽ.
šŸŽšŸ.
šŸŽšŸ.
šŸŽšŸ‘.
šŸŽšŸ’.
šŸŽšŸ“.
šŸŽšŸ”.
šŸŽšŸ•.
šŸŽšŸ—.
šŸšŸŽ.
šŸšŸ.
šŸšŸ.
šŸšŸ‘.
šŸšŸ’.
šžš©š¢š„šØš š®šž.
ššš§.
ššŽšŽšŠ š“š–šŽ - š„š’š“š‘š€šš†š„šƒ

šŸŽšŸ–.

15.5K 461 387
By queenslist

I awoke from a brief nap upon hearing the team chatting downstairs. Since a particular experimentation session a few years back, my senses had become hyperaware of nearby sounds. Though I usually managed to tune them out, tonight, everything felt more heightened due to the lingering effects of the nightmare from the mission. Nevertheless, I felt rejuvenated despite my eyes being puffy and sore. I sat up, gazing out the window to discover the sun had already set. With a sigh, I slipped my feet back into my shoes and went downstairs.

The first faces I encountered were Laura and Clint, who greeted me with warm smiles. There was an inherent comfort in their presence, filling the void left by the absence of parental figures in my life. Although I had only recently met Laura, nothing about her triggered distrust in my mind. Like Clint, I felt a reassuring sense that she would protect me.

Turning towards the kitchen, I observed the familiar team members, but this time, a man with an eyepatch caught my attention. Though I had never seen his face, there was something strangely familiar about him—an uncanny connection I must have acquired within the confines of the HYDRA base.

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty," Natasha spoke in a hushed tone.

"Ah," Steve responded, glancing in my direction. "Meet Nick Fury. You're familiar with him, right?"

"I am," I replied, perching on an unoccupied counter in the kitchen. His name triggered a recollection of everything I knew about him. "You're the former director of SHIELD?"

"Was. Nice to meet you. I've heard quite a few intriguing things," Fury replied.

"Pleasure, Mr. Fury," I smiled, though I was taken aback that someone as notable as Nick Fury was aware of me.

Fury gave me an approving nod before pouring himself a glass of water. "Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing."

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve inquired.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on his plans, though."

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony inquired, casually tossing a dart.

"Yes, he is, but he's not making any headway."

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare."

"Well, I contacted our friends at the NEXUS about that."

"NEXUS?" I interjected.

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo," Bruce clarified. "Every byte of data flows through there; fastest access on earth."

"So, what did they say?" Clint asked, more engrossed in the darts he held.

"He's fixated on the missiles," Fury answered, "but the codes are constantly being changed."

"By whom—" Tony started, only to be interrupted by Clint casually tossing two darts at the bullseye. Clint tried to downplay it as if it were no significant feat.

"Parties unknown."

"Do we have an ally?" Natasha inquired.

"Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

"I might need to visit Oslo," Tony suggested, "find our 'unknown.'"

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that," Natasha remarked.

"I do. I have you," Nick responded. "Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. You kids had all the tech you could dream up. Here we all are, back on Earth, with nothing but our wit and our will to save the world. Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission; whether or not he admits it, his mission is global destruction. All this, laid in a grave. So, stand. Outwit the platinum bastard." He sighed casually, sitting at the table.

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk," Natasha teased.

"You know what, Romanoff?" Steve retorted.

I stifled a laugh, covering my mouth with my fist.

"So, what does he want?" Fury inquired.

"To become better," Steve replied. "Better than us. He keeps building bodies."

"Person bodies," Tony clarified. "The human form is inefficient. Biologically speaking, we're outmoded, but he keeps coming back to it."

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed," Natasha pointed out.

"They don't need to be protected," Bruce asserted, gazing at a butterfly drawing. "They need to evolve." He looked back up. "Ultron's going to evolve."

"How?" Fury inquired.

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?"

At that moment, Bruce's question triggered a realization in all of us, including me. I recalled how effortlessly Dr. Cho could regenerate Clint's tissue when injured. If she could do that, she could construct a proper body for Ultron—though she would never do it willingly.

"Everyone, gather your things and suit up. Be ready and in the Quinjet in 10," Steve commanded.

Without hesitation, I sprinted up the stairs to retrieve my suit, neatly laid out on the bedside table in my room. A smile crept across my face, assuming Laura had taken the time to clean it for me. Swiftly donning my suit, I left the borrowed clothes meticulously folded on the bed. Descending the stairs, I found Laura waiting for me at the bottom.

"Hey, thank you so much. For everything," I expressed, gently holding her hands. When I became aware of the gesture, memories flooded—of mornings spent holding my mother's hands before heading to school. I remembered those moments' comforting assurance, dispelling the fear of stepping out our front door.

"It's no trouble, Stella. Clint and I agreed you could visit anytime once this mess is over. Our kids are also eager for you to teach them how to fly," she chuckled, glancing back at her children.

"I'll keep that in mind." I smiled, waved, and exited through the door, going to the jet.

[SEOUL, KOREA]

The jet neared the landing zone, and a sense of nervousness crept over me. Our first encounter with Ultron had gone awry, and the prospect of facing him again also meant encountering the Maximoff twins. Despite the anger that the thought of them stirred within me, I knew I had to exercise extreme caution—not just for my own sake but for the entire team. I couldn't afford to plunge into another nightmare mentally. Regardless of the situation we might find ourselves in, my defense walls had to remain steadfast.

"Stella, when the jet lands, you and I will be the first to disembark," Steve announced as I adjusted my earpiece. "Natasha and Clint will rendezvous with us elsewhere. I need your assistance in locating Helen Cho and possibly Ultron."

I nodded, my stomach tightening even more. The jet touched down on a rooftop, and Steve and I began mentally mapping out our next moves. We climbed onto a nearby, taller building and identified our main destination—a large, predominantly glass structure. Its appearance made me hopeful that gaining entry would be relatively straightforward.

"Two minutes. Stay close," Steve relayed to Clint through his earpiece. "Mind giving me a lift?" he asked, turning toward me.

"I'd be honored." I grinned, pressing the button on my watch. My wings gracefully deployed, and I adjusted my stance, contemplating how this would unfold. Steve was considerably taller and heavier than me, and the last thing I wanted was for us to plummet into the streets of Seoul. Nevertheless, I hadn't encountered any reason to doubt Steve's plans.

Taking a deep breath, I leaped off the edge, emitting a screech as I allowed the sound waves to carry me. Steve dashed off the building and landed on my back, gripping the top of my wings closest to my shoulders. To my surprise, we remained airborne as we soared toward our destination. How in the world am I managing to carry Captain America on my back?

"We'll land on the top of the building," Steve declared. "There should be a door that'll lead us inside."

"Got it!" I responded.

Approaching the building, I extended my legs to slow my descent. Steve leaped off ahead as we reached the roof, landing with agility. I followed suit, touching down a bit farther with careful precision. Clicking my watch, my wings retracted, and I descended alongside Steve down a nearby ladder.

Navigating several flights of stairs, we noticed a particular floor that drew our attention. The aftermath was evident—doctors lay unconscious, glass shards scattered, and sparks emanated from damaged wires. The room bore the unmistakable signs of Ultron's recent presence.

Drawing my pistol, we cautiously maneuvered through the hallways. Aside from the fallen medical staff, the area appeared clear. However, as we turned a corner, a distressing sight greeted us: Helen Cho lay on the ground, visibly injured. Her torso and chest were smeared with blood, and she seemed on the verge of losing consciousness.

"Dr. Cho!" Steve called out, rushing to her side.

I swiftly joined him, holstering my pistol. Kneeling beside her, I observed as Steve produced a handkerchief, applying pressure to her wounds. Amid the urgency, a thought crossed my mind—of all things, a handkerchief? His choice seemed oddly outdated, a testament to his old-fashioned nature.

"He's uploading himself into the body," Helen gasped.

"Where?" inquired Steve, ready to move, but Helen held him back.

"The real power is inside the Cradle," she clarified. "The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark."

"First, I have to find it."

"Go."

"Stella, stay here and wait for the ambulance," Steve directed. "Afterward, find the jet and join Clint inside. If you're disoriented, contact us through your earpiece."

"Aye, aye." I saluted. "Good luck, Steve."

With his shield on his back, Steve sprinted away, presumably heading straight for Ultron. Meanwhile, I maintained a reassuring grip on Dr. Cho's hand, signaling my continued presence. Rising to my feet, I scanned the room, hoping to discover a cloth to wipe the blood from her face.

"Hey, Clint. Dispatch an ambulance to the lab. Let them know we're on the third floor. It's all clear," I communicated through my earpiece.

"You got it," he acknowledged.

Rummaging through one of the shattered cabinets, I discovered a towel. Snatching it up, I hastened back to Dr. Cho, gently blotting the blood from her face. "Hang in there, okay?" I reassured her calmly. "I'm pretty sure all the good supplies here got blown up, so this is the best I can do. I'm sorry."

"Just kick Ultron's ass for me," she replied, surprising me with her choice of words. It was the first time I had heard her swear.

A few minutes later, the ambulance arrived. Paramedics swiftly attended to Dr. Cho. Some surveyed the room in astonishment, trying to fathom what had caused such destruction, while others tended to the unconscious doctors. Squeezing the doctor's hand once more, I offered her a comforting smile. "The next time I see you, I'll serve up Ultron's ass on a silver platter."

I returned to the rooftop of the building where Steve and I had initially touched down. As I lifted my arm to activate my earpiece and signal Clint for a pickup, a forceful gust of wind whipped my hair into my face. Brushing aside the strands, I found myself unexpectedly face-to-face with two individuals I had hoped never to encounter again—Wanda and Pietro Maximoff.

A sinking feeling gripped my stomach, and fear immobilized my body. Pietro stood uncomfortably close, closer than I ever wanted him to be. Despite attempting to retreat, his firm grip on my wrist drew me nearer. Frustration surged as I struggled to break free, but an unsettling weakness overcame me. "Let go of me!"

"What a lovely girl," Pietro taunted, sporting a sly smirk.

I hesitated, disliking that my heart seemed to skip a beat. Meeting his gaze, I stepped onto his feet, striving to match his height. Glaring at him, my forehead barely reached his. "I could make you go deaf in seconds. Don't test me."

"Really? I'd like to see you try."

"Oh, I don't think you really want to go there."

"Oh, Princessa, please, lead me there."

Wanda emitted an audible groan of irritation from behind Pietro. "Could you two cut it out?" She seized his shoulder, attempting to pull him away. "Pietro, let her go." He complied, though with some reluctance. "We need your help."

"You do?" I rubbed my wrist, adopting a sarcastic tone. "You need my help? That's hilarious. Truly amusing." Striding toward Wanda, I halted just a few inches away from her. "Why would I ever want to assist you after what you did to all of us?"

"I know, and I'm sorry," she responded calmly. Guilt was evident in her eyes, but I eyed her hands, maintaining caution. Her words were convincing, but I couldn't afford to let my guard down. "I deserve every bit of anger you have towards me, and if you give me a chance, I'd like to make it up to you someday. But now is not the time. Ultron is planning to destroy the world. We want to help stop him."

"I'm not buying it. Where was this newfound conscience a few days ago?"

"We have our own personal grudges against Tony Stark that led us to make foolish decisions — but we are willing to set that aside if it means saving the world."

"I can't trust—"

Suddenly, Steve's voice crackled through the earpiece. "Stell — Agh! Backup!" Steve shouted.

I pivoted away from the twins, replying to Steve through the earpiece. "Steve? Where are you?"

"There's a train running under the parkway. Come —" Grunt. "—as fast as you can!"

As fast as I can?

I sighed, turning back toward the twins. Biting the insides of my cheeks, I rubbed my temples. "If you want to prove yourselves, now's the time. But let me be clear—if you betray us in any way, I won't hesitate to rip off Ultron's arm and use it to slap some sense into you." Wanda nodded nervously while Pietro seemed mildly amused. "Both of you," I glared at the blonde, who gulped nervously and frowned.

I announced through the earpiece again, "I'm on my way, Steve, and I've got a surprise. Let's hope it's a good one."

"What?" Steve responded.

Pietro scooped Wanda and me up, darting toward the train. Traveling at supersonic speed was unusual, especially now that I was aware of it. Everything and everyone around us moved in slow motion. Lacking a complete understanding of how it worked, I opted not to overthink it and held onto Pietro, trusting he wouldn't let go. Closing my eyes, I buried my face in his chest, inhaling his eucalyptus or pine needle scent, which strangely provided comfort. Within seconds, we were on the train, and the aroma dissipated as I was assisted back onto my feet.

Pietro deposited Wanda and me at one end of the train cart before delivering a forceful blow to Ultron's stomach. As the formidable robot advanced, Pietro positioned himself on the opposite side of the coach. Wanda used red energy to manipulate the metal compartments, obstructing Ultron's path. Glancing back at us, I swiftly unholstered my weapon. Steve's head emerged from behind one of the seats closest to Ultron, shooting me a quizzical "Is this really the surprise?" expression.

I shrugged nervously, and the super soldier sighed.

"Please, don't do this," Ultron pleaded.

"What choice do we have?" retorted Wanda.

Ultron then redirected his attention to Pietro and unleashed an energy beam toward him. Gratefully but predictably, Pietro skillfully evaded the attack. The train cart shook, causing Wanda and me to stumble backward. I clung to the nearest wall for support, and when I glanced back to retaliate, Ultron had already soared out of the train.

"God damn it," I muttered.

Steve sprang to his feet, immediately sprinting toward the front of the train. "I lost him!" he exclaimed through the earpiece. "He's headed your way!"

An audible grunt and explosion resonated through my earpiece just before the train careened off the rails, hurtling through the city. This time, I gripped onto one of the chairs, preventing my body from being thrown backward.

"Cap, do you see Nat?" Clint urgently inquired through the earpiece.

"If you've got the package, get it to Stark! Go!" Steve commanded.

"Have you located Nat?" Clint's tone grew more frantic.

"Go!"

My stomach churned with anxiety. If something happened to Natasha, it couldn't be good. I wanted to assist in finding her to alleviate Clint's concerns, but navigating a derailed train made it challenging. Yet, I also needed to stand by Steve, especially after delivering an unwelcome surprise. So, I clung to the hope that the train would come to a halt soon.

Steve turned around, glancing at Pietro, who clung to his sister. "Civilians in our path!" he exclaimed, prompting Pietro to dash out of the train. Steve then directed his attention to Wanda. "Can you stop this thing?" he asked. he inquired. After a moment's contemplation, she nodded. Finally, he looked at me. "Let's survive this." Nervously, I nodded and continued gripping the chair. Steve skillfully deflected incoming debris with his shield as the train burst through a brick wall. "Get down!" I shouted, taking cover behind the chair. It seemed Steve didn't hear me as an object struck him, sending him flying back toward me.

"Did you get down like I said to?" I quipped.

"Didn't hear you," Steve replied with a pained expression.

Wanda extended her arms, surrounded by glowing red energy. She exerted downward pressure as the energy coursed through the floor and around the train wheels. Gritting her teeth and holding her stance, she used all her power to bring the train to a gradual stop.

I drew a deep breath, momentarily setting aside my anxieties to assist civilians safely disembarking from the train. I felt relieved as I observed them walking away unharmed, albeit visibly shaken. Once everyone was clear of the train, I turned my attention to Steve, who motioned for me to join him. I followed him out of the train and toward the twins.

Pietro took a seat, clearly winded. "I'm fine. I just need to take a minute."

"I'm very tempted not to give you one," Steve remarked.

"The Cradle. Did you get it?" Wanda inquired.

"Stark will take care of it."

Wanda regarded him with skepticism. "No, he won't."

Now, I found myself giving her a skeptical look.

"You don't know what you're talking about," I retorted, narrowing my eyes.

"Stark's not crazy," Steve interjected.

"He will do anything to make things right," she asserted.

Steve glanced at her briefly before turning away, attempting to contact Tony through the earpiece.

I observed the two twins with my arms crossed. Trust remained elusive despite their defection from Ultron and efforts to save civilians. I was inclined to leave them behind and return to the tower with Steve. Yet, if anyone held crucial knowledge about Ultron's plans, it was them.

Wanda directed her gaze at both of us. "Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?"

I sighed, shifting my focus back to Steve. "She's got a point. Maybe we should return to the tower before our billionaire friend does something reckless."

"I'll call another jet. Let's go," Steve proposed.

"For a guy with such a fast metabolism, I didn't think you'd ever get tired," I remarked, crossing my arms and glancing at the blonde twin. I occupied my usual corner seat while Pietro chose a spot about two seats away. It felt awkward, but I knew it would be even more uncomfortable if we sat silently. Looking directly at him was a challenge; the moment my eyes met his, memories of our first encounter flooded back — the instance when his sister was toying with my mind. Interestingly, Wanda was further away from her brother, responding to Steve's numerous inquiries near the front of the jet.

"It only happens if I use too much of it at once," he explained, rubbing the back of his neck. I noticed his frequent glances at Wanda, checking on her well-being.

I twiddled my fingers and stared at the ground. "Ah, I see." Silence ensued.

After enduring two painfully awkward minutes, Pietro broke the silence. "So, where are you from?"

"I'm from Germany."

"Not surprising. You know, I know a bit of German."

"Yeah? Tell me something."

"I only really know certain things. Like, uh, Liebling. It means—"

"Darling. I know." I shifted my gaze from the floor to the ceiling. "Du riechst wie ein Affenarsch."

"And what does that mean?"

"You smell like a monkey's ass."

"Oh!" I heard him chuckle. "I thought I smelled good, no?"

I found myself smiling. Without overthinking, I finally looked at him, immediately captivated by the frosted specks in his eyes. My stomach dropped, and I swallowed hard. Taking a deep breath, I tried to stay as composed as possible. "No, you don't smell good."

"Well, excuse me." He raised his arms as if surrendering. "I guess I need a shower then."

"Not just a shower. Many showers. It won't be easy to shake off that awful smell."

"I have a question," he randomly interjected. "Are your eye bags brand-name? Or knockoffs?"

"Good question, but here's a better one: when you were prancing around the train, did it accidentally hit your face in the process?"

Although the jet ride didn't last much longer, Pietro and I exchanged harmless insults for the rest of the flight. I maintained my reluctance to trust him and his sister. While I acknowledged that letting them accompany us might be our only chance against Ultron, I hoped it was a temporary arrangement. Collaborating with individuals you couldn't trust was challenging, and I remembered why the Avengers initially hesitated to include me.

Amidst all these conflicting thoughts, one idea stood out as crystal clear...

Looking into Pietro's eyes felt much less intimidating than the first time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 124 15
Pietro and Wanda Maximoff hate their life. Their parents when they were little and they were taken by Hydra to be used for their 'experiments'. Their...
230 3 15
Y/n lived her whole life with Hydra. Not knowing if she ever had a family, or if she had what happened to them. It went on years untill one day she f...
195K 4.1K 18
In the Avengers attempt to find Loki's sceptre, Nick Fury suggests a new recruit to the team. The newly recruited Alice, thinks she is in for just on...
109K 1.9K 50
Wanda and Pietro wasn't the only Maximoff. Anara is the oldest of the three. What will happen when three siblings volunteer for HYDRA. Gets enhanced...