Danganronpa: Despair's Fallen...

By Fayklore1

A fanfiction of the game and anime Danganronpa, the story takes place some years after The Tragedy that took... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Despair's Front Door
Chapter 2 - Welcome To Your Prison
Chapter 3 - A New Place To Call Hell
Chapter 4 - Unmasking the Events
Chapter 5 - Closing the Curtains
Chapter 7 - Unexpected Development
Chapter 8 - Bound
Chapter 9 - The Villain
Chapter 10 - Blowing Away The Dust
Chapter 11 - The Track to Death
Chapter 12 - Sorrow and Silence
Chapter 13 - Transmission Received
Chapter 14 - Flesh to Bone
Chapter 15 - Survival of the Fittest
Chapter 16 - Uncovered Truth
Chapter 17 - No Stops Along The Way
Chapter 18 - The Trial To End All Trials
Chapter 19 - The Mastermind
Chapter 20 - The Start of Chaos
Epilogue - It's Never Over

Chapter 6 - Ascending Further

3 0 0
By Fayklore1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 6

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sleep was inevitable, even after such a tough day, but even after getting a few hours of sleep no one felt their best.

The bell rang through the school, waking everyone up, and the TV's switched on. The same white tiled room was shown, with Monokuma sitting in his black chair.

"Time to wake up! Good morning, everyone!"

Monokuma had a string next to him but he wasn't holding it in any way, he simply continued talking.

"Time for a new day! Forget about the troubles from yesterday and keep trying to do your best! Have a good day."

He then laid down horizontally on the chair, his legs only just over the right side of the chair, and his paw reached out to the string. The string got pulled and a load of water dropped on top of Monokuma before the TV switched off.

Ten minutes after the announcement everyone was out of their rooms and sitting in silence among the tables.

Joseph, Carlos, Jacob and Frankie were sitting together at a table eating their individual cereals. Stacey, Marcus, Samuel and Joy were together on a table as well. Samuel and Marcus were having cereal while Stacey and Joy crunched on their buttered toast. Benedict, Simon, and Marco, eating their cereal, were on the same table, and lastly Adam was with Lexi and Abby again, eating their buttered toast.

Once the silence had lasted long enough, Jacob spoke up, "So, if it's not rude to ask, did everyone get a chance to sleep properly?"

Joseph was first to pick up his head and look around, "I wouldn't say properly, but I slept at least."

"Yeah, I got a few hours at least" Stacey said.

"I believe we shouldn't be speaking about that right now" Marco said, "more importantly, what do we have planned?"

Everyone stayed quiet. After what they had gone through the day before no one knew what they wanted to do. They had had to investigate their own friends death, only for it to end with another death of a different friend. Calling it a traumatic experience was far from the truth.

But still they kept trying to be their best as ultimates.

As they finished their breakfast, and one by one started to put their bowls in the dishwasher in the kitchen, the speakers made a noise like static as Monokuma's voice was heard coughing.

"Attention! Attention!" he said, "Come to the basketball court immediately, I'll see you soon!"

With their bowls in the dishwasher and Lexi having set it to clean, everyone began dusting their clothes off since they had washed them together in the washing machines overnight, and so they left the dormitories and began walking to the court.

Once everyone was grouped on the basketball court together, the ground below the southern basketball hoop opened up and Monokuma jumped out, his body soaring through the hoop and his feet landing perfectly on the edge as he bowed while the ground below him sealing back up.

"Nice of you to politely join me, having fun after our glorious class trial?"

Everyone simply stared with some faces enraged while others simply waiting for him to explain why he was here.

"Ugh, you guys need to liven up a bit! But either way, I'm really happy about how the trial progressed so as a reward for you guys progressing safely I've decided to open up some areas for you!"

"What, like to the school?" Jacob said.

Monokuma spread out his hands and raised his head up, "Oh lovely goddess of this academy's walls, show us the wonders you hold within!"

There was a sudden quake from the ground, and from behind Monokuma, the ground itself in a large square shape began moving. It sunk further into the ground and then made its way towards the eastern direction til it was gone from view.

From the hole now shown rose a whole new building with grey walls and two black doors, no windows over it at all. It was the size of a normal one floor building and seemed to be not that big but yet there it was.

"Feel free to check out everything to your heart's content!"

And with that, Monokuma simply jumped off the hoop and ran away once he landed. Everyone kept their eyes on the new building before them as they slowly began walking towards it.

"This was hidden beneath the ground this whole time?" Abby said.

"Could there be more stuff hidden under this very ground?" Joseph said as he started jumping on the ground.

Marco and Simon were rubbing their hands over the new building, it looked very real and felt real too.

"Alright, I guess we have a bit more to explore now, but I feel like this isn't the only thing that changed" Adam said.

"Agreed, we need to check in the school itself" Jacob said, "Let's have some people check this building and the rest check the school alright?"

"Then I can check here with Adam" Abby said, "We can try and see how everything works."

"I'll join to" Lexi said, this caused Abby's face to go a little dark towards her but Lexi simply ignored her as she turned her face away from everyone else.

"Alright, you three check it out as much as possible. Let's head to the school guys" Jacob said.

"Hopefully we find something else" Joy said as they began walking towards the entrance.

"We will, I'm sure of it" Frankie said, "And if we don't, maybe we'll find something to eat least enjoy."

With the other 11 disappearing into the school, Adam looked towards the building and held onto its door handles. His hands pulled them up, and inside was revealed to be a slightly small room with enough space for 3 large shelves against the back wall, and the two side walls, which held different types of equipment such as a lawn mower, a shovel, some plant pots and several bags of fertilizer.

"Is this just a shed?" Adam said.

Abby and Lexi peeked inside quietly as they peeked around, "But there isn't exactly any place for using these types of things. Like where are we going to mow or even plant plants?" Lexi said.

Abby walked inside and looked through the shelves and under some fertilizer bags as Adam and Lexi joined, but they simply looked around the small room with not much thought.

"It's a little small" Abby said, "But it feels alright in here."

The three of them stayed quiet as they each looked around a little more, but Adam noticed that, while they were staring around the room, Abby and Lexi seemed more like they were dodging his gaze rather than looking directly at the room.

"Are you two alright?" he said, "You don't seem like you're concentrating that well."

They both straightened up in a little surprise and turned to him.

"U-Um kind of" Abby said as she tried laughing to get the awkward feeling out of the atmosphere but it didn't work.

"Come on, what's wrong?" Adam said, "Trust me."

They both looked in their own directions but Lexi was the first to speak properly, "I-I just, I wanted to apologise for how flirty I've been acting, you know, before yesterday's events."

"S-same" Abby said as she rubbed her hair, "I was just trying to be cute since you were so cool with your speech, but then yesterday happened and honestly, I don't know how to feel."

"Agreed" Lexi said as she bowed her head down and tapped her feet on the ground.

Adam looked at them both and gave a smile as he patted their hair with both hands nice and softly, "I don't care, it wasn't a problem to me. You both were very nice and cute, so if you wish to be like that as a way to make yourselves happier I will not stop you, understand?"

They both looked up as Adam smiled at both of them one by one, the smile growing onto their faces too.

"Alright then, gladly" Abby said.

Lexi held her hands behind her back and straightened up, "Now the trouble will be keeping us away."

Adam gave a soft giggle as he rose his face and looked around one last time, "Well, there doesn't seem to be much inside here, shall we see what everyone else found?"

Abby gave a gentle nod, along with Lexi, "Yeah, I want to see if they found anything useful."

With that, the three of them left the shed and closed the doors after them.

The wall that stood opposite the music room on the first floor had disappeared completely. Whether it had been lifted up or lowered down was impossible to tell, but it had disappeared and behind it was revealed to be a staircase leading up to what everyone assumed was the second floor.

"So there were secret passages!" Samuel said as he looked at Jacob.

"Gosh, don't start please" Jacob said, and everyone began walking up the stairs.

The staircase led up to a long hallway, It stretched down and there were three doorways seen on the walls; two doors one after another on the right wall, and one door directly opposite the furthest door on the right. At the end of the hallway it seemed to turn to the left but there was a single golden door directly on the wall at the end of the hallway.

"Alright then, a second floor. Shall we split up and search?" Jacob said.

They all shared a nod and headed down the hall for separate rooms.

Frankie and Carlos had headed for the golden door at the end of the hallway, it had led to a room called the Power Room. Inside, to the right of the entrance, was a long dashboard inside the slightly small room that seemed to control functions for the first and second floors, as well as the dormitories. The functions included the lighting and heating. There were also screens above the dashboard that seemed to show camera footage of those very same places the dashboard had access to.

"So it has control over those specific rooms, no wonder the door looked so special" Carlos said.

Frankie had immediately sat on the seat in front of the dashboard. The dashboards buttons were split off into different grids; Dormitories, First Floor, and Second Floor. Those grids were split into rows for each individual room, and then those rooms and hallways were split into three buttons for turning on and off the lightning, and also increasing or decreasing the heating.

"This is just amazing, it's nice and simple too, but why give us access to this?"

"Maybe to give us something to play with" Carlos said, "The guy behind this is one confusing person don't you agree?"

Frankie stood up as he held his head a little, "Ugh, I admit he's confusing, but to make such elaborate conjunctions such as those escalators hidden behind the school, creating and controlling Monokuma, and then that execution."

Frankie's voice cut off at the word as he remembered Rachel's death, the terror he had felt when the camera had looked right into her eyes just before the curtain finished the show. Frankie fell to his knees and held his stomach as he coughed, Carlos quickly patting his back.

"Hang on man, do you need to lay down?"

Frankie coughed a bit more, his mouth resulting in some vomit hitting the ground as his eyes clenched themselves closed. He was honestly surprised he hadn't vomited over what had happened til now. As he wiped his mouth he slowly stood up and held his stomach.

"I-I'm sorry, could you clean this up as I go take a rest, I don't feel perfectly well."

Carlos stood back to let Frankie past, "Yeah, no worries, just take care of yourself alright?"

Frankie didn't respond, he simply walked down the hall and headed for his dormitories.

Carlos went to walk out as to get a mop and bucket from the kitchen's backroom but opposite the dashboard was a tall, silver locker which had gotten his attention since they entered. As quickly as he could he decided to open the door and inside were several different types of weapons that made his eyes widen.

Handheld tasers, taser guns, and a spherical object that reminded Carlos of smoke balls used in movies, were filling the shelves of the lockers. On the bottom shelf was a rubber like mat all wound up so Carlos decided to pull it out and stretch it out. The rubber turned out to be a long sheet of spikes, similar to those used when policemen are trying to destroy a car's tyres.

"What the hell is this doing here?" he thought.

He quickly rolled it back up without hurting himself and placed it back inside the locker before closing it and ran out of the room so he could clean up the floor.

The first door on the right half of the hallway as an Art Room, it was filled with three long tables on the right half of the room and the walls on the right half of the room were connected with screens that had lights underneath them. On each of the long tables were cups of pencils, coloured and lead pencils. There was a cup for pens, and for paintbrushes too.

On the left half of the room was a teacher's desk, and near the door was a shelf which had different coloured of paint and long sheets of paper stacked up.

Jacob and Joseph were checking this room thoroughly, under every sheet of paper and under the tables as well but nothing showed up. Joseph sat himself at a table, his head lowering down, so Jacob joined him and patted his back.

"Something wrong, mate?" Jacob said.

Joseph simply looked off into the distance, "I wish something wasn't, I just don't think I'm going to last, I'm scared."

Jacob was a little surprised by the words but he simply turned towards Joseph properly, "Well that's not true. You'll last because I will protect you and everyone else."

"Lisa and Rachel weren't protected in the end" Joseph said, "The other's aren't either. We have the same weakness' and we can't beat them."

Jacob turned back to the table with his eyes narrowed down, his voice staying quiet as he held his legs, "But still, we all should try our best, you know that right?"

Joseph gave a little nod, "I know that, don't get me wrong I will try my best, I just don't feel well after yesterday. I've never seen death first hand."

His hands clenched up and he hid his face between them as Jacob gently patted the man's head, "Sadly it's a normal thing, but I promise I will try my best to avoid that again, alright?"

Joseph didn't respond, he simply kept his face between his arms as Jacob gave off a silent sigh and stared off into nothingness.

The second door on the right wall was a Recreational room. It featured a large pool table in the centre of the room, a dart board on the back wall, a shelf with different board games, and a circle of four comfortable looking chairs with a tall table between them which was most likely for where the board games sat on. Samuel, Joy, and Marco were sitting on those seats after having looked around the room and finding nothing relevant to looking out but were happy to find there were board games to play.

"So, anyone a fan of Uno?" Joy said, "I was the best in my family until my uncle came back to live nearby. He kicks our asses every time."

Marco gave off a small shrug, "I have never played a board game before, I've never had the time nor need to."

"You're missing out, mate" Samuel said, shocked at Marco's answer, "They are pretty awesome to play! Some are filled with strategic knowledge while others are just for pure fun, and then there's the one where you cause nothing but family arguments."

"Ugh, we've banned anyone from playing that in our house" Joy said.

Samuel covered his mouth with a bit of laughter escaping as he smiled, "I don't blame you, I'm a god at it with my luck."

"They sound interesting, well I would be up for playing a game when we're free next" Marco said, "as long as I can understand any rules."

Joy ran to the shelves as she went through the games, "Well there are a few that don't take long at all such as Uno, and Skip-Bo, and even Yahtzee. Care for me to choose and show you since you don't know them yourself?"

Marco looked around slightly, "Well I mean, shouldn't we be heading back soon, would we even have time to have a game?"

"It's just a small round, not even ten minutes!" Samuel said, "It'll be awesome!"

Marco gave off a sigh as Joy sat down with a stack of cards of Uno as she shuffled through them all.

"Alright, I'll begin with the rules" Joy said, "Then we can have some fun."

She then stopped shuffling and sat the deck of cards down on the table.

The room on the left wall of the hallway led into a large library that took up almost as much room as the entrance hall on the first floor. Both walls were nice and tall, around ten feet in height, and stacked with books. The four walls each had their own ladders connected to the shelves so you could get tall books.

Simon was sitting down on one of the bean bags on the right half of the room and looking through a green cover book. It was one he had enjoyed as a kid, his parents had got rid of it as a way to make cash and he hadn't seen it for years but here it was, and boy was he glad to read it again.

The walls held different types of books. The left wall from the doorway held mostly history books, and the right books held scientific and engineering books. The books opposite and alongside the doorway, though, were focused on novels and short stories. The wall the door was connected were non-fiction based, and the opposite walls was fiction.

Around the corner of the hallway was an extra short hallway which once again turned around a corner to the right. Along this new long hallway were two doors; one on the left wall and one at the very end.

The door on the left wall led into a large gymnasium. The outside court had the basketball hoops and tennis net, but the gymnasium had large open space for running with no one to distract you like what could happen outside, and also there were different types of equipment on the right wall such as different types of sports balls, tennis rackets, spare tennis nets, and more.

Stacey had tried searching this place with Marcus but Marcus had left in the middle of searching out of boredom, saying he was going to head back to the dormitory for some food as he was hungry again, leaving Stacey to search by herself which made her angry.

Soon after she had finally finished checking through all the equipment though, she saw the door to the gymnasium open and Benedict was walking in.

"Gosh, why are you here exactly?"

Benedict was acting a little different, and Stacey could tell. He wasn't looking at her even a little like he usually does. He pushed the door closed and simply tried walking close to her but stopped after three steps.

"Um, are alright? Seriously, you are acting creepier than normal."

Benedict opened his hands over his pants a little as he clenched them a little, rising his head a little but not much.

"I-I, um" he said, "I'm sorry."

Stacey rose her right eyebrow as she looked at the kid confusingly, "Um, what about?"

Benedict turned his head to the right and scratched his hair gently before trying to look at Stacey properly.

"Everything, I was kind of a big dick."

Stacey's expression towards Benedict changed immediately, Benedict seeing it as 'only a big dick?'

"Alright, a huge doofus, and I just want to say I'm sorry for causing it."

Benedict lowered his head again as he rubbed his head and began walking back to the door before Stacey called out for him with a soft tone.

"Gosh, you are really a doofus, don't just walk off after an apology without me responding!"

Benedict stopped and turned back as Stacey walked towards the boy slowly while looking at his bowed head. She used her right index finger to lift his chin up, and proceeded to use her left hand to slap his cheek causing Benedict to stand back and his hand holding where she had hit with his eyes widening in pain.

"What the hell was that for, I was trying to apologise!" he said.

"And now you aren't as down as you were a second ago, also that was payback for the perverted looks you kept giving me since we arrived here."

Stacey looked away and made her way for the door for the gymnasium as she looked back quickly, "Besides, I accept your apology, I can tell if someone is lying pretty easily on most occasions, but you're going to have to prove you're sorry still kid, it's not as easy as saying some words."

Benedict lowered his hand from cheeks slowly as he made a slight smile, "Yeah, I will, no problem. Count on me!"

Stacey let out a small laugh, "I hope I can."

Five out of the six rooms had been checked and thoroughly searched, resulting in nothing that could lead towards an escape, but the six door at the end of the floor was everyone's next target. Adam, Abby and Lexi had rejoined the group and with a slow turn of the handle, Jacob pushed the door open leading into the new room.

It was a slightly large room with white tables against the walls and drawers below them. On top of the tables were Bunsen burners, glass vial lined up, a bowl of scalpels and even two saws laying next to each other.

"What is this? Some kind of Bio Lag?" Frankie said.

"Looks like it, I wouldn't recommend touching anything it just yet though, everything looks too dangerous" Adam said.

"Agreed, how about we head back to the dormitories and have a talk about what everyone found?" Simon said.

They all agreed and after closing the door, everyone rejoined in the dormitory dining area.

Discussions filled the room one by one, Frankie was still feeling ill but was able to sit at a table in silence with Carlos explaining what they had found in the Power Room. When it came to the dashboard Frankie had to explain properly on what the buttons did exactly, it was simply explained but Carlos was not used to this much technology.

When Carlos got to the locker full of dangerous equipment, everyone was shocked Monokuma would let that be but then again this was exactly what Monokuma wanted from them.

Jacob decided to have everyone agree not to go close to the locker, and don't open it either which everyone agreed it.

Jacob and Joseph explained there was an art room with paint and sketching equipment. It was Joseph who then explained the screens with light below them was for tracing around pictures. If you put a drawing on top of the screen and then a blank piece of paper on top of that, the screen will make it easier to see the drawing underneath allowing you to trace around.

The library opposite the art room was adored by Simon that he had gone on at least a three minute talk about how he found all of these books inside he just wanted to read as much as he could. He explained the different sections to everyone, but was politely asked to stop talking as half the books he was talking about were going off topic.

After explaining the rec room, Joy confessed that they had done little searching and had instead spent ten to twenty minutes playing Uno. Joy and Samuel had gotten lucky on some occasions but to their surprise Marco had won five matches in a row as well as making an interest in the game.

And lastly, Stacey said how Marco had been a dick and gone off by himself leaving her to explore the whole gymnasium herself which resulted in nothing special.

"It was obvious there'd be nothing from the start" Marcus said, "Can't blame my instincts."

"You still could've helped, Marcus" Jacob said.

"I'm sorry," Marcus said, "Just because I was helpful during that trial yesterday doesn't mean I'm going to be buddy, buddy with you lot, I still prefer doing things my way."

Everyone gave off a sigh as Adam lifted his hand, "Um, I didn't think to mention it almost but the shed was a simply gardening shed with not much inside, there was nothing to even think about in a way of escaping."

Everyone lowered their heads, another unsuccessful search.

"Alright, well don't let it get to you."

With little discussion afterwards, everyone began splitting up either to spend time alone or check the second floor some more. In the end, the day ended as fast as it had started and with the night time announcement at 10 PM everyone was in their beds trying to sleep yet again.

o

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 5 11
Ultimate Movie director Masanori Tachibana is going to Mirai Yume academy where he believes his dreams may come true. His friends Yuu Noshioka the ul...
288 27 18
Hello! I'm Monokuma! And as you know....or dont...here at Hopes Peek High, we only take the best! Normally we would have 16 students, but this year w...
235 0 9
Summary: Groups of talented teenagers are lured into a killing game hosted by a robotic bear known as Monokuma where they must murder one another an...
36 4 3
adrian finds himself inside a strange school where he and his friends/ family are froced to participate in a killing game orchestrated by a strange...