Enamoured

By agatharoza

After discovering she's a descendant of Hades, Avery must find a way to escape those hunting her and ultimate... More

Dedication
* It's My Birthday! *
* SHOOKETH *
Wattpad Picks: Saturn Needs Sequels
WATTPAD ORIGINAL EDITION
What You Need to Know
Original Edition: Excerpt
Original Edition: Chapter 1
Original Edition: Chapter 2
Original Edition: Chapter 3
[author note] Pray for My Baby Niece
Original Edition: Chapter 4
Original Edition: Chapter 5
Original Edition: Chapter 6
Original Edition: Chapter 8
Original Edition: Chapter 7
Original Edition: Chapter 9
Original Edition: Chapter 10
Original Edition: Chapter 11
Original Edition: Chapter 12
Original Edition: Chapter 13
Original Edition: Chapter 14
Original Edition: Chapter 15
Original Edition: Chapter 16
Original Edition: Chapter 17
Original Edition: Chapter 18
Original Edition: Chapter 19
Original Edition: Chapter 20
Original Edition: Chapter 21
Original Edition: Chapter 22
Original Edition: Chapter 23
Original Edition: Chapter 24
Original Edition: Chapter 25
Original Version: Chapter 26
Original Edition: Chapter 27
Original Edition: Chapter 28
Original Edition: Chapter 29
Original Edition: Chapter 30
Original Edition: Chapter 31
Original Edition: Chapter 32
Original Edition: Chapter 33
< hidden chapter >
Original Edition: Chapter 35
Original Edition: Chapter 36
Original Edition: Chapter 37
Original Edition: Chapter 38
Original Edition: Chapter 39
Original Edition: Chapter 40
Original Edition: Chapter 41
Original Edition: Chapter 42
Original Edition: Chapter 43
Original Edition: Chapter 44
Original Edition: Chapter 45
Original Edition: Epilogue
*******

Original Edition: Chapter 34

38.2K 2.4K 356
By agatharoza

"Sometimes I wish I am worthy of you."

The Hidden Truth

"ONCE THE QUEEN got a hold of the staff, the massacre stopped. The faction went underground since they couldn't find Stavros without it," explained Klas. "We thought they would give up the idea and move on but apparently they didn't. They put a mole in the heart of CG and managed to find out where the staff was hidden."

The story overwhelmed me. There were a lot of things that happened while I was gone.

Vladimir lowered his brows into a knot and turned to Klas as he asked, "A mole?"

Klas nodded. "Brad Warwick."

Just when I thought there was nothing that could surprise me more. "BRAD?!" I yelled in disbelief. "He was assigned to protect me! He can't be a mole." My hands moved frantically as I tried to form words in my head. "He had so many chances to kill me. If he was a mole, he should've done it!"

Klas looked at me apologetically. He understood my utter disbelief but he knew the truth, something that I could barely grasp at the moment. "That's why the Queen assigned Scarlet as an additional bodyguard and brought you to live in the Palace."

I wanted to argue. I wanted to tell him that the Queen ordered me to live in the Palace just so that she could control me yet my mind brought back a memory from a few months ago, from the day I'd met Scarlet for the first time.

"I'm not only here to guard you. I'm watching him." With that last word, she nodded towards Brad who was walking a few feet in front of us.

"Brad?" I asked incredulously. Scarlet answered me with a single nod. "Why?"

"That," She paused and gave me a mysterious smile. "Is not something I can tell you."

I turned to Klas and Vlad. He took the acceptance on my face as a green light and continued with the story, "Brad managed to find out where the staff was hidden and escaped before we managed to catch him. The reason why the faction attacked the Palace two days ago was to retrieve the staff."

"Wait, so those people aren't from the new faction?" I was so confused. If my brain could ask for a time-out, it would.

Surprisingly, Klas shrugged. "I think they're from the old faction. If not, I don't think Spyridon would've let the Queen stay."

This brought me to the question I had been dying to ask: "what's going on between the Queen and Spyridon? They seemed to be so close."

Klas chuckled, clearly finding the humor that I failed to see. "Of course they're close. He's her brother."

I stumbled and nearly fell if it wasn't for the hand that held my arm firmly. I muttered a thank you to Vlad then turned to Klas. "I thought Queen Rhea is an only child."

"Everyone thought so too but apparently she's not. Spyridon is her stepbrother. We didn't know about his existence until Pete died and he took his position."

Now I felt bad for thinking that innocent kiss on the cheek as something more. To be honest, I thought he was her secret lover by the way he blushed over a small kiss. "Seriously, someone needs to map out the whole family tree without forgetting to put secret children or hidden siblings."

No one had a chance to comment as Spyridon walking towards us. He stopped a few feet away and pointed at the leveled ground nearby. "We should camp here. I think it should be fine."

Klas spared me one look before proceeding to follow Spyridon and build the tent. I found myself a nice tree and leaned against it as I looked up at the sky. The sun had gone to rest and the moon took its place as the darkness begun to surround me. The forest looked different as if the daytime trees and flowers and stones had gone to bed and sent slightly ominous versions of themselves to take their places.

"Are you alright?"

I smiled slightly, keeping my eyes on the sky above. "I think so."

"Oh, Avy," he sighed and moved beside me. "Sometimes I wish I have more power so I could protect you."

I turned and faced him as he continued, "you know, even Adrian has sacrificed his life so many times to save you. He literally took a bullet for you. And I've never even done anything close to that."

"Vlad, you don't—"

He closed the gaps between our lips and kissed me. Our lips soon fell into the usual rhythm yet somehow I felt that this kiss was different. I could feel his desperation and frustration in it.

"When your connection with Adrian broke, I was so happy to know that I was your soulmate." He shook his head slightly and took a sharp breath, holding back his tears. "I mean, how could I not? I've been in love with you for years, even before we had a click." He let out a small chuckle and added, "even when I was too busy making you hate me."

I put my hand on the side of his face and caressed his cheek softly with my thumb. For me, those days where I'd thought he was an asshole didn't matter.

"Sometimes I wish I am worthy of you."

"Please don't say that." I shook my head and looked into those dark green eyes. "I'm probably the one who doesn't deserve you. Your love, your kindness, your heart."

Vlad continued, almost as if he didn't hear what I'd just said. "When our bond broke, for me, it was a confirmation that even Zeus knows that I'm not worthy of you."

"Oh the hell with Zeus!" I yelled, causing Klas and Spyridon to spare one wary look at us. I glared at them and they went back to pretend they hadn't heard anything. I cupped Vlad's face with both hands. "I love you and only you. The bond has nothing to do with that. We know some couple who have the bond but they don't love each other and the relationship went ashtray. We have something more powerful than the bond, Vlad, we have love."

His eyes bore into mine for what felt like forever before he finally nodded and crushed me in a hug. "I love you, Avery Montgomery, I really do, with all my heart and soul."

I wrapped my arms around him and smiled. I could only hope that he had banished all his doubt since I was no longer able to read what was in his head.

* * *
<hidden chapter>
* * *

I ran as fast as I could. I knew they were going to catch me soon and I couldn't let that happen. Despite everything that happened, I still wanted to live so I forced my feet to run, ignoring my muscles screamed in protest.

Once I was sure that they wouldn't be able to catch me, I slowed down and stopped by a lake. I had been running for two days and my throat was on fire. Water would save my life surely. I crouched down as I examined the water, making sure that the soil was firm enough so that the water was clean enough for me to drink.

I scooped some water with both hands and drunk. I continued drinking until my thirst was satisfied. Now that I could finally relax, I surveyed my surrounding. It was peaceful. I could hear the sound of birds chirping in a distant. I would stay here forever if it wasn't because of those people who wanted to kill me. Letting out a deep sigh, I raised to my feet and that was when I saw it. My own reflection. I looked exactly the same except for the crown that rested on the top of my head.

* * *

Any idea what's going on? Any theories you'd like to share? Please do so in comments cos I'm dying to read them!

As usual, the dream isn't on my command so it took me two days before I finally had an inspiring dream. I hope you enjoy this chapter, my angels and thank you for being incredibly patient with me (and my dreams).

Have a wonderful day/night! Stay blessed!

Loads of Pizza,
agatha x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

641K 19.8K 50
Unedited story* 21-year-old Persephone(who actually goes by Steffi since no one can spell or say her name correctly) is starting college. She's is f...
179K 5K 62
A retelling of the myth of Hades and Persephone -- For as long as Persephone can remember it has always been her and her mother. Until one day, a str...
1.1M 47.2K 39
*to be edited: please excuse any continuity errors and / or mistakes in regards the writing quality of Hades* You could say that a lot has happened t...
393K 13.6K 42
a/n: I will begin to edit 'Zeus' at some point, but updates will be slow as I am a student in my final year of university. I hope you'll enjoy the re...