Raindrops | GirlXGirl

By reversereverie

[GirlXGirl]- English True or False? Can you prove the ugly rumors wrong if it's actually true? Arisa Gail Va... More

Raindrops
Zero Prologue
» First Kiss
» Second Glance
» Third Butterfly
» Fourth Lie
» Fifth Night
» Sixth Emergency
» Seventh List
» Eighth Spill
» Ninth Escape
» Tenth Scar
» Eleventh First
» Twelfth Trouble
» Thirteenth Truth
» Fourteenth Sweet
» Fifteenth Bond
» Sixteenth Cake
» Seventeenth Chase
» Eighteenth Nothing
» Nineteenth Misbehavior
» Twentieth Mask
» Twenty-First Punishment
» Twenty-Second Differences
» Twenty-Third Secret
» Twenty-Fourth Hold
» Twenty-Fifth Argument
» Twenty-Sixth Wings
» Twenty-Seventh Disturbance
» Twenty-Eighth Insecurity
» Twenty-Ninth Ex-Issues
» Thirtieth Recoil
» Thirty-First Burn
» Thirty-Second Time
» Thirty-Third Guilt
» Thirty-Fourth Tease
» Thirty-Fifth Farewell
» Thirty-Sixth Isolation
» Thirty-Seventh Fear
» Thirty-Eighth Repression
» Forty Demeanors
» Forty-First Need
» Forty-Second Choice
Forty-Third Tears
Last Epilogue
QUESTIONS AND LAST AUTHOR'S NOTE:

» Thirty-Ninth Feelings

32.6K 908 321
By reversereverie

{'If you love someone, let her go. If she comes back to you, then she's yours forever. '}

I tapped my foot in annoyance as I listened to the security guy who was talking with Khloe. We were outside the gate of this country club and I couldn't wait to see Quinn anymore. Khloe said she needed help but it was really odd that she wouldn't even answer her phone. We called her so many times but the line would always direct us to her voicemail.

Of course, my friends tagged along with me. They were waiting inside the car we had rented from the airport while we were talking to these two big guys wearing a guard uniform. Tiana was excited as I was while Hilary kept on complaining because she didn't get to pack properly as if this was a vacation. Bailey? Bailey just slept all the time as if she didn't care.

"I told you, Ma'am. We can't allow you to enter this private property without authorization from the people inside," he said, not paying his whole attention to us while he scratched his fatty face.

"Excuse me, Sir but the owner of this property is my sister," Khloe declared, her face started to get in the mood to smack these guards.

He smirked disdainfully and took a moment to inspect us from head to toe. "What's her name then?"

Khloe rolled her eyes. "Quinn. Her name is Quinn. She's my sister. Can't you remember my pretty face? Why don't you just call them directly so they will know that we're here?"

"No, we can't," the other guy replied stubbornly, shooing us away with his hand. "You see, we are not allowed to call the manor directly because of security reasons. We only let people come inside if we receive a direct order from them. We're just following the protocols, kid."

"Oh c'mon!" Khloe retorted, kicking the gate in irritation. "I swear I'll curse your whole family if you don't open this gate."

The obese guard scoffed and then he towed the bimbo by her arms. "Curse me all you want but I won't open the gate without permission. Leave or else—"

"Or else what? Are you seriously threatening me?! Me?!" Khloe yelled, whacking his hold off her.

Letting out a groan, I yanked Khloe's shirt and pulled her behind me. "Calm down. You're making it worse." Then I smiled at the two guards, exposing my charm. "Oh, c'mon big guys. You don't want to get your hands dirty over this dumb girl, right? Why don't we talk it out, clean and smooth? Just dial the number and——"

"No, we can't!" the boney guard cut me off firmly, checking me out as his eyes dropped on my chest. "Even if I want to get my hands dirty over you."

I gasped in disbelief, then glowered at him but Khloe dragged me away just in time before I could even slap his face. "That is sexual harassment!"

"Calm down," Khloe said, jerking me towards the car.

I ran my hands through my hair out of frustration, stomping my feet like an upset child. "What are we going to do?"

The windshield pulled down open, revealing Hilary as she raised her sunglasses off her eyes. "Try to contact Quinn one more time."

Shaking my head, I took my phone out, hoping that I would hear her voice. But when I was about to tap the call button, someone shouted Khloe's name.

"Khloe!" a guy around our age yelled over, closing his car, and ran towards us before hugging the bimbo.

My eyebrows crumpled in puzzlement as I witnessed Khloe's feature shifted in surprise and it took a second for her to recognize him before embracing him back.

"Harry!" she reacted in delight, a grin formed on her lips.

"I miss you, brat," he said, embracing her tighter causing her to squeal dramatically. What the heck? This bimbo knows how to squeal?

I just watched them blabbering together without regarding me here. When I was about to say something, Bailey suddenly hopped out of the car and gave her flirty smile to the guy we still didn't know of. I thought she was sleeping.

"Hi," she greeted as she offered her hand out to him. "Hi, handsome. My name is Bailey."

"Hey, I'm Harry." He smiled and was about to shake her hand but Tiana immediately caught it and gave him a warning look.

"I'm Tiana, by the way, and this girl is mine," she said, cocking her redhead to Bailey who was already scowling.

The guy who was calling himself Harry looked amused at Tiana's warning and then he cleared his throat, pulling Khloe closer in his arms. "Don't worry. I already have a girl."

Khloe rolled her eyes and then she turned to me. "Oh, this is Arisa."

Harry finally regarded me, glancing at me. His eyes went wide in surprise while he took me in. "Arisa? You mean... Wow!"

My eyes twitched in annoyance. "Excuse me? What the hell did you say?"

"Oh no! No!" he frantically muttered, raising his hands defensively. "I mean 'Wow'. Quinn has a hot girlfriend. Not to mention, a feisty sexy one."

Everyone laughed and quickly, heat rose to my cheeks as he mentioned my girlfriend's name. I really missed her so badly.

"Well, I think you should know that Harry is Quinn's best friend," Khloe said, clinging to his arms tightly.

I was perplexed for a moment because Quinn never did mention his name to me——not even once. I was confused why she didn't tell me that she had a best friend and especially, a guy best friend. Was it really that hard to tell that she had a handsome best friend or she just thought that maybe I might get insecure and get intimidated because something was going on between them? I didn't know their history and what they'd been through that became a reason for them to be close as much. The thoughts of this thing made me uncomfortable as I stared up at him awkwardly.

Despite this uncertain feeling, I brushed the thought away and simply smiled at him. "Where's Quinn? I have to see her."

Khloe frowned. "Yeah, The security bullshit won't allow us to enter that damn gate."

"Did you call Quinn?" Harry asked and took his phone out.

"We were trying to call her but no luck," Tiana informed him.

His brows furrowed in bafflement. "Maybe she's busy. We had lunch together a while ago but she walked out of it."

"She walked out?" Khloe asked in concern. "I'm guessing that Ursula terrorized her."

"Who's Ursula?" Bailey chimed in.

"Her Aunt," Khloe replied.

Harry shrugged his shoulder. "You guess it right. She was busy these past few days. I don't know where exactly she is at this moment. Maybe she is taking care of business stuff or something or maybe, she wants to be alone for now."

"Why would she want to be alone?" I asked in puzzlement.

"Quinn's stuff. She wants to be alone whenever she wants to escape from something," Harry responded. "We'll figure it out. I'll call Kate so that we can pass through this security bullshit and this damn gate."

........

Finally, we entered the private premises and drove to the polo field to meet Quinn's cousin, Kate. To be honest, I was pretty nervous and excited at the same time because I knew that I would get to know more about my girlfriend, especially, her own family.

'So this is where my Quinn grew up', I thought while looking out the window. I wondered which part of this place she would always escape from her problem. On where she would take a rest and close her eyes for a while to release all her stress? I wished I was here with her when she needed me: a person she could turn into whenever she needs someone to share her trouble with. Trying to decipher the memories in my head, I grimaced how everything changed through time. How could I allow myself to forget those childhood moments with her?

As we pulled over, I swatted away my dilemma and four horses ran towards us which were ridden by some girls who were playing a while ago. They gave a swooning look at the arrival of the car and shifted their eyes to a girl who was riding a black stallion.

Once we all got out of the car, their beaming faces fell in annoyance except for the blonde who kept a monotonous expression as she swayed her legs over to jump down gracefully from the neighing horse.

"Oh my, they're lovely!" Tiana exclaimed, her eyes sparkled in amazement.

Bailey groaned beside her. "You're so impossible."

We walked towards them and as we got closer, I could see the resemblance from the girl who was now giving us a welcoming smile. Her hair locks possessed the same color as my girlfriend and the only differences were her amber eyes and she didn't have a pair of dimples on her cheeks when she smiled at us.

Obviously, she was my Quinn's cousin, Kate. I gave her a polite smile as we met them halfway. Tiana surged in first and I thought she was going to approach the girls to introduce herself but she just passed through them like they were not there and stared at the horses with a joyful grin. And here we were, thinking that she was pointing the girls as lovely and we just now remembered that she's a freaking pet lover.

Harry cleared his throat and introduced us as formally as he could. Kate gave me a short glance before she turned to Harry. "Is Quinn expecting them here?"

"I—I'm not...." Harry trailed off and looked at us, hoping that we could answer for him.

"No, Kate," Khloe responded quickly. "She doesn't know we are here. That's why we are looking for you to find where exactly she is."

Kate waved her hand dismissively and the girls behind her automatically strode away to continue the play we'd interrupted. As Kate fished out her phone from her front pocket, she took off her polo helmet and punched a few numbers before turning away from us to give herself a moment to talk to someone.

A frown crossed her face as she hung up and dialed for another call again. Clenching my jaw, I couldn't help but to think that there was really something wrong with my angel because it was bizarre that even the people here couldn't reach her nor aware of her well-being.

Finally, she walked back towards us and asked us to follow her to the little old mansion which was covered by clutched trees on the other side of the field. This was a private part of their club so I didn't see any stranger in the parameter except for the girls who were now playing in the field, not regarding us at all.

Once we got in, a Victorian interior swiftly held my eyes as the design welcomed us fashionably and classically. I looked at some frames hanging on the wall before Kate guided us upstairs.

"Where's my girl?" I boldly asked.

They all stared at me while Kate smiled. Her eyes were deep in amusement at my impatient tone. "She's on the way now so we might as well go upstairs and enjoy the view from the veranda. You can see her from there once she's arrived."

A sudden relief washed over me and I could feel the sweat starting to radiate from my palm, knowing at any moment, I could finally see and hug her again. Or even kiss her privately.

As we strode along the hallway, Bailey abruptly halted in front of me and looked at the picture that was on the wall. "Is this Quinn?" she asked as her brows creased in confusion.

I turned to see what she was talking about and then a blonde little girl with a forlorn smile reflected in my eyes, staring back at me with the same feeling of loss within her entire features. She was sitting in a wheelchair while an old lady and a man wearing a white coat stood at her side.

My heart broke to vulnerability as it twitched within me. I gazed at the young Quinn I used to know but was already forgotten because of my own tragic past. It seemed something was missing. No! I felt there was really always missing with my girlfriend whenever our eyes mutually hold each other. I was just refusing to notice it.

"What happened to her?" Hilary suddenly questioned nobody in particular so I averted my eyes to Khloe.

She bore her attention to the photo with a pained look I only saw once on her face. The same expression she showed when she declared her love for my Quinn; the night when she told me that liking Quinn wasn't enough.

Gazing at her still, I knew that there was really something wrong. Flashes of words from my Dad fell on me forcibly even though I believed the truth would come out eventually. However this time, my father's statement and Khloe's subtle words would be no longer ignored because I knew all along that there was a secret that has never been told. I wanted to seek that truth. I desired to know because I have the right to know. Quinn was already part of my life now and my feelings for her were already digging deep into my heart.

"Khloe," I called out softly and all of them turned their heads in my direction once again. The witch stared at me with her most serious expression before she gave Kate a glance which was responded by a disturbing smile. The atmosphere fell slowly as my friends pulled a confused face to us.

Without any words, we continued to skip the hallway to the front veranda of the mansion. We casually sat down and they served us some drinks. The view of the polo field under us, the sound of the running horses, and the commanding tone of the players made me frown in irritation. We waited in silence while my eyes shifted to Khloe who was now wearing a discomfited face. Hilary and Bailey's inquiry had been ignored and it made me eager for more answers.

I knew that there was an accident. I knew that Quinn's parents died but somewhere within me knew that there was something deeper than that painful past.

"What a surprise, Khloe!" a voice suddenly snapped me out of my uncertain thoughts and I turned to see a sophisticated lady was beaming at Khloe beside me. Her whole features spoke of an aged beauty but there seemed more interesting of how she moved confidently; as she knew 'I am a Queen and go to the hell with it.'

"Nice to see you again, Madam," Khloe greeted as she rose to welcome her presence, her smile was so forceful and full of resentment though.

Kate stood up to embrace the lady and introduced her to us, "This is my Mom. Mom... They're Quinn's friends."

"So you're the one who are they calling Aunt Ursula?" Tiana asked and I almost wanted to slap her mouth for being so clueless.

"Excuse me?" the infamous Aunt questioned with few wrinkles showed in her face features yet it didn't lessen her beauty. "Who's Ursula?"

I saw Bailey nudged Tiana's side and whispered something that caused her eyes to widen in realization.

"I— I mean," Tiana stuttered but swiftly covered up by Khloe bluntly.

"We came here because Quinn asked for our help. Do you know what might be her problem?"

Ursula smirked at her question and glanced at all of us like we were just pests. "I'm not aware of her predicament but I've heard that she wants to continue her treatment."

Harry cleared his throat nervously while Khloe winced, clenching her jaw.

"What treatment?" I asked out of curiosity while my heart sped up in fear.

"Oh... Her friends still don't know about her abnormality," the old hag said, placing her palm on her chest.

"Mom, enough! You already did enough damage to her," Kate pleaded so desperately. "Don't make it worse for her."

"Why?" her mother asked innocently but her voice was laced with pure malice. "They're Quinn's friends. They have the right to know. If they are really her true friends, they won't mind what Quinn's incapability is."

"W-Wait! What's really going on?" Bailey asked.

"You're right," Khloe said out of the blue, agreeing to what the old hag was pointing to before she looked in each one of us.

"What do you mean?" I asked perplexed.

As all of us waited for the answer, a sudden sound of the car impended into my ears. All our heads turned down to see two cars parked in front of the mansion. One of them was from Mr. Krause as he stepped down with two men on his trail.

The other shiny car opened its door and my heart skipped a numerous beat from the way she hopped out gracefully. Two forest eyes automatically found their way to mine after she took off her sunglasses coolly. However, she frowned and I could see the worry in her eyes but she averted her gaze from mine so quickly.

I eagerly spun around and ran to meet her halfway. My friends followed suit behind me. Once I was down the stairs, I saw her once again and this time, a pretty smile crossed her lips as she stared back at me. Out of patient, I engulfed her inside my arms, feeling my heart burned in happiness and contentment. Knowing she was here made me feel like I was already complete. I really missed her so much.

"Hi, my gorgeous," she whispered in my ear that instantly made me blush. I embraced her tighter, leaning my head on her shoulder and I didn't know how long I want her to be close like this. If I could choose, I would trap her forever in my arms.

"I miss you so much," I whispered and I heard her chuckled lightly before she pulled away, but not too far to break our embrace.

"I miss you more." She kissed me on my forehead, not really bothered about the people who were watching us closely.

"Quinn," Khloe called out and broke us apart to hug her sister. "You don't know how Risa already made the whole school a hell hole just because you were not there just for a whole week."

Quinn laughed at her statement and embraced each one of my friends, welcoming us warmly.

"Well, ladies. You came in the right time," Mr. Krause engaged into our conversation as he stepped in with a few men behind him. "We're having a party tomorrow and we would like to invite all of you to join us."

My girlfriend turned to him, frowning. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Oh c'mon, of course, it is a great idea," he insisted, smiling smugly at her. "Tomorrow is a big day. I am proud to say that you'll officially become a part of the industry. You deserve it all along and surely, you'll get to impress the board of directors. You have to or else, every one of us will fall."

"Such cruel thing to say," Ursula chimed in, her presence was so powerful and I couldn't even make out what they were talking about. "I believe Quinn will do great."

Mr. Krause chuckled, patting my girlfriend on her head and I didn't know why I cringed from that little gesture. "Of course, that's what I've been saying. But how come you're supporting her now after you selfishly stole what she really ought to have."

She sneered at him in response while we could literally felt the tension around. Then she glanced sadly at Quinn who appeared so distressed at the exchange happening in front of her. "I hope my husband will make it tomorrow then."

Quinn locked her eyes with her, meeting her gaze. Then she clenched her jaw in anger yet it was too subtle to notice by others that I too almost didn't see it. I couldn't pinpoint what was bothering her, but it gave me a miserable feeling in my gut.

After a moment of silence, Quinn sighed and reached for my hand to hold it dearly. Touching her skin made me certain that there was really going on from the way it felt so cold against mine. "I need to accommodate my friends first before anything else. I believe the rest can wait."

"I guess we have to leave our girl now," Mr. Krause agreed, smiling at us. "And Quinn, remember our deal. I'll be watching you so don't let things get out of control, understand?"

Quinn nodded lightly, her grip tightened in my hand. Mr. Krause strode away along with his intimidating men while Quinn just looked at his retreating back with a face I couldn't make sense of.

"Quinn," I mumbled and she seemed so out of her thoughts until Ursula abruptly grabbed her arms.

They held each other's eyes, their gaze was strictly mutual and then Quinn spoke in a monotonous tone, "I know. I just talked to Uncle Richard and he wants you to know that everything will be alright."

Ursula just nodded before she released her and just walked away in a strange silence. Kate looked at her mother and then to Quinn, confusion sunk to her face.

"Uhm... That was really weird," finally Harry spoke, breaking the tension.

Kate narrowed her amber eyes and after a short moment, she just shrugged her shoulder. "Whatever... Let's go, Harry! Ophelia and Chrome are waiting for us."

"Wait! Let me guess," Tiana cheerfully said. "Those are your horses' names."

Harry grinned at her. "You really want one. What would you like to call yours in case my best friend gives you one?"

Quinn smiled as she hugged me closely and I rolled my eyes at his question. "I'll make sure to remind myself to talk to our horse groomer."

"Really?!" Tiana jumped in excitement. "I'll surely name her my baby Bailey."

"Fùck you," Bailey retorted, glaring at her.

Hilary groaned. "I'm pretty tired. I'm sure there's a spa in here or something."

"Of course there is," Khloe encouraged and yanked Hilary as if they were already the best of friends.

"We'll go now," Kate also announced, starting to pull Harry too by linking arms with him and walked away just like that.

"Ummm... I think I need a spa too," Bailey said and without further ado, she yanked Tiana forcibly with her.

And all that was left was me and Quinn as we stood in the hallway, smiling at each other.

"How are you, gorgeous?" she asked, kissing my cheek.

I pouted. "I missed you. We didn't get to talk much in these past few days."

My angel gave me an apologetic look before she too jerked me out of the mansion and mumbled something I almost didn't hear. "Let's talk then."

.......

"What's wrong?"

Quinn raised her eyes to look at me. Worry and I think fear painted in her forest orbs while her lips etched in a thin line, never smiling.

"Nothing." She leaned forward slowly to press her lips against mine.

So soft and warm but it was too short, causing me to whimper in longing. "Of course, there is," I said, stroking her smooth blonde hair soothingly. "I can see it in your eyes."

Quinn let out a sigh and rested her head over my chest as she hid herself from getting her emotions to uncover. "I love you so much."

Kissing her head softly, I responded, "I love you too but you're making me worry."

She stayed silent for a moment before she lifted her head to once again gaze at me. "Do you know I always come here whenever I want to be alone? Like everything is constricting me until I couldn't take being so empty anymore?"

Matching her gaze, I let the sound of the sea wave fall in my ears. We were at her own beach house, lying on her bed while we wait for the sunset. It reminded me of our date and those captivating moments with her that changed every phase of our relationship. My tragic past, my confession, and hers which made us who we were in this moment. However, there was something beneath her eyes that she wanted to let go but fear was possibly stopping her.

I enclosed her waist tighter and leaned forward to meet her lips before speaking between our kisses, "I'm here now, you know that, right? Speak to me, please."

She purred delicately before she kissed me back. The butterflies inside me flew in a riot while I caressed her bare back under her shirt. Then I rolled her body under me, not breaking our heated kisses. Oh gosh, I miss this!

Sinking further into our own passion, I hurriedly unhook her brassiere before quickly pulling off her blouse, tossing it on the side. When I drew away, my eyes traveled to her lips before I halted in surprise.

"How did you get this?" I asked as I stared at the fresh burn on her collarbone.

She snapped away from me and rose, covering her upper body with her blouse. "It's nothing."

"It's nothing? Quinn, let me see it," I insisted, trying to pull away her top to uncover her wound that looked like a second-degree burn.

"Seriously, it's really nothing," she repeated, stepping away from me but I quickly stopped her by holding her arm and pulling her on my lap.

"Let me see it, please." I pouted in desperation. Quinn frowned, contemplating whether if she would surrender to my plea or go against it.

"It's really nothing. It doesn't even hurt," she responded, gently pressing her forehead to mine.

"It's not nothing," I opposed, giving kisses on her jaw as I held her closer. "At least let me tend it."

"No," she declined stubbornly, cupping my face and gave me tiny kisses on my cheek. "Just.... kiss me. I miss you so damn much."

Chuckling from her sweet word, I pecked her lips and then brushed away the loose hair from her adorable face. Gazing once again deep into her orbs, I traced my fingers through her cheek and then pinched it. "I think I missed you more because I was the one who kept on staring on my phone the whole week, waiting for my super busy girlfriend."

At last, she smiled heartily that I nearly forget to breathe for seconds. "I'm really sorry."

I hummed and bent down to nibble the skin on her neck. "Tell me where you got this burn if you're really sorry then."

"Make love with me first," she stated candidly to me, pinning me down on the bed. "I want to try something."

I raised my brow at her and then suddenly I gasped as she groped my breast with her pervert hands underneath my bra. She was so quick that I didn't realize that she already threw my dress aside and I was now one-fourth naked in the reflection of her impious eyes.

As she straddled me from above, I seized both sides of her waist and we started to rub each other, feeling the warmth of her palm caressing my swaying breast. I heard myself moaned in pleasure when she bent forward to crash her soft pink lips against my ravenous one. As she propped down her left arm on the side of my head while the other was still playing with my right boobs, she rubbed her body harder on mine just as our kisses deepened in passion.

"Oh shit!" I cussed out of breath, rubbing her exposed belly. I felt myself trembled even if we were just starting, also knowing too well that there was more to come.

"Feeling good, gorgeous?" she asked seductively, the innocent of her voice was not present as she freed every word out of her panting mouth.

I looked into her darkened eyes before I nodded, smiling when she smirked proudly to herself. My warm hands were still rubbing her stomach and I took the opportunity to grope her chest in return. Once I sat up, I sucked her nipple between my lips while playing with the others soothingly. I had to slow it down because I might go crazy in time. Her gaze alone was enough for me to intoxicate in this very lone room with her. I really had to.

While she caressed my hair, I continued to savor her down her chest. I felt her lips pressed onto my forehead while she enclosed her legs around my hips securely. Backing away, I slowly tilted forward to kiss her once again. Our battle of lips was so passionate—— in domination and mix sequence. We couldn't stop. I couldn't stop. I wouldn't stop loving her. She is my forever and certain last.

Her breath was my air. Her gaze was the motor of my beating heart. I fell so deep and I was falling deeper with her touch. Her voice was like the noise of my world. Once silent, I would be lonely just as her whole feature could entice me to live.

While the thoughts of her reeling inside my head, I felt something wet dropped onto my cheek. The sound of her whimper made me stop and I quickly pulled away in unfathomable concern.

I looked at her. I met her glassy eyes as tears continued to fall on her cheek. It was like my heart was brought to an end seeing her like this. Totally puzzled, I asked her, "Why are you crying?"

"I-I'm sorry, Risa." She dropped her head down, wiping her eyes as if she couldn't take it anymore. Like it was a curse and she didn't want to be seen in this state of weakness. "I'm really sorry. I can't do this to you anymore."

"What's wrong? Did I do something wrong?"

She shook her head before she blindly wiped her tears using the back of her hand. "No, you didn't do anything wrong."

"Then tell me why are you crying?" I questioned, hugging her but she pushed me away, causing my heart to break.

"I can't lie to you anymore," she stated, shifting her eyes from mine. The old miserable feeling came back to me as the word 'lie' touched her mouth.

"Just tell me the truth," I said after an unspoken moment.

She turned to look at my imploring eyes before agonizingly closing hers. "I can't feel anything with you since from the start."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I uttered in difficulty but she moved out of the bed and I let her slip away for the reason that her words shattered me into pieces.

She put on her shirt and then stood up behind the door of the room, her eyes altered in unfathomable coldness. "I can't feel anything with you. That's obviously what you heard, right?"

I, too, quickly dressed up. Then I approached her closely, my brows pulled together from her bitter tone. "Is this a joke? If it is, then, it's not really funny, Quinn?"

She laughed bitterly. "Your touch... your touch makes me sick."

"No... That's not true." I refrained from shouting as I looked at her, trying to understand her. "Is this about what I've been hearing about? Are you trying to push me away to keep something away from me? Are you afraid that once I learn the truth, I won't be able to accept you?"

"No!" she shouted, glaring fiercely at me like I was a stranger. "I'm sick of myself! It's not all about you, Risa. It's solely about me—— I can't feel anything and every time you touch me, it reminds me that I won't be able to feel for the rest of my life! You won't understand."

"T-Then make me!" I screamed back at her yet my voice cracked in vulnerability.

"You won't... No one will understand," she said, her voice was weak while her cheeks were still dampened with tears that were impossible for me to wipe away because I was afraid. I was afraid of the fact that I was losing her right at this moment.

"I can't make you understand," she went on and walked closer towards me. My eyes closed once her palm caressed my face, pressing her forehead to mine until she spoke again. "This is what I am incapable of. I was born with it. I live to deal with it. Every day I wake up, it's like an air that I can't live without but at the same time a curse that is impossible to break."

"Please, just tell me the truth," I mumbled, opening my eyes to see her gaze was still on mine. Never ceasing until she breathed out, making my knees weak. But I stayed strong—— I had to be strong.

"I was born with a congenital disorder. It's a rare condition in which a person cannot feel physical pain, temperature, or any touch at all. My grandmother——she did everything to fill up what I lack ever since the accident. She took me in with her. She continued to support my studies while keeping me away from the outside world. Every weekend, I had to stay in the hospital to deal with failed treatments and surgeries. But she died so I ran away from this place, hoping I would be able to hide who I am and get a new life with my true family. I don't want this condition to burden my identity anymore so I decided to hide it, even from you. Now tell me you understand. Tell me if you can understand."

As the words ended from her, I looked at her, my hands gripped into a fist. I didn't know what should I feel or what to say at this moment because I was too shocked to even make out anything. Everything went into flashbacks. Every kiss, every embrace, and every touch: all of it felt like a dream now.

A lie! A pretend——She'd been lying to me since from the start! Then something started within me. A strange feeling I only felt when Stella died. However, this time, it was stronger—— poisonous. It made me feel like I couldn't trust this girl in front of me anymore. Something bornt within my heart. A mixed feeling: Doubt, confusion, madness, lack of understanding, resentment, and especially, sympathy.

"Don't look at me like that," she said coldly. "Just as I expected, you won't understand."

"How can I understand?!" I asked, almost screaming my lung out. "You are the one who hid it away and made a promise that we won't keep things from each other. Since my Dad warning, I knew that there was something wrong with you and I trusted you to tell me once you're ready. But you messed it all up and it turned out you're such a freak!"

Her eyes widened in shock and immediately, I regretted what I just called her. I was too furious, too broken that I couldn't even control my mouth. Watching her retreat, she opened the door and glared at me. "Get out!"

I sighed, trying to calm myself. "Quinn, I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that!"

What the hell! I shouldn't be the one who's apologizing.

"Get out and don't come back here anymore!!!!" she shouted once again and opened the door wider. I stared at her cold feature; her eyes were full of hatred and disappointment before I stepped out of the room, confused about what to feel for her.

Once I heard the door slammed close, everything crushed and it seemed like the world around me stopped to revolve. I wanted to understand her but I couldn't. Hearing the truth from her was too much for me. I felt so betrayed and once it all sunk in, tears fell from my eyes, professing my broken heart.

.......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 128 3
A story about how two people who have little to no similarities managed to cross each other's paths. One being a well known notorious student due to...
11.3M 481K 32
Hanapan ng girlpren si bitter bestfriend na friendzoned since birth? Game!
124M 2.6M 56
Si Carmelita Montecarlos ay ang bunsong anak ng pinakamayamang angkan sa San Alfonso. Habang si Juanito Alfonso naman ay ang anak ng pinakamaimpluwen...
683K 29.9K 61
She almost lost him but this time, Merry Arisa Salonga was willing to take a chance to hear him out. She was willing to face her fears because the in...