When Silver Met Gold

By IEscapist

Musca ~ There he stood, with a naughty glint in his very rare, unique enigmatic brown eyes that had golden sp... More

Subscribe
When Silver Met Gold Is Getting Published!
SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE
Copyrights
Covers
Prologue
Chapter 1 - My New Life In Pakistan
Chapter 2 - The Competition
Chapter 3 - Coffee
Chapter 4 - Rejection
Chapter 5 - Namahram
Chapter 6 - Memories And Tears
Chapter 7 - Chef Aaliyan
Chapter 8 - Madrassah
Chapter 9 - The Dinner
Chapter 10 - The Date
Chapter 11 - A Surprise
Chapter 12 - Shopping With Aaliyan
Chapter 20 - Caught
Chapter 13 - Inquisitive Sky
Chapter 14 - Under A Spell
Chapter 15 - In Love With Silver
Chapter 16 - The Divine Books
Chapter 17 - In Love With Gold
Chapter 19 - The Snow And The Fireworks
Chapter 21 - The Sweet Torment
Chapter 22 - Musca, The Housefly
Chapter 23 - You're My What?
Chapter 24 - We're Going Home
Chapter 25 - You Stole My Stars
Chapter 26 - Changa Manga
Chapter 27 - Call Me Ghazi
Chapter 28 - The Locked Door
Chapter 29 - Mother Of Narcissism
Chapter 30 - The Broken Button
Chapter 31 - A Fuming Asmat
Chapter 32 - Musca, The Anti-Nikah
Chapter 33 - I'm Your Cousin
Chapter 34 - Emotionally Drained
Chapter 35 - Falling off a cliff
Chapter 36 - My Home
Chapter 37 - A Sky Full Of Stars
Chapter 38 - Why are you so Bold?
Chapter 39 - Aaliyan, the Shy Girl
Chapter 40 - Long live Aaliyan Bhai
Epilogue - Silver And Gold
EndNote

Chapter 18 - Phone Calls

296 47 10
By IEscapist

"She was in love with his mind, his words were all she could hear, taking her to the edge of madness; always touching her, even when he was not near. - n.r hart.

Playlist:

John Legend-All Of Me

"What I wouldn't give to be, with you, right now, Musca."

A slow smile spread on my lips, recalling the memory from a few days ago, as I turned the alarm off. With the smile still dancing on my face, I turned around in bliss and my eyes went to the French window only to find snowflakes still falling from the sky generously.

I was grinning ear to ear the entire time. It was very cold, so cold that it could freeze anyone's bones, but I was roaming barefoot in my house without any care in the world. I didn't feel cold; I was warm with those heartwarming memories.

I pushed the window open that opened in the backyard of my house. Snow filled breeze hit me causing a shiver to run down my spine. I wrapped my arms around myself, still smiling.

"I have found nothing more beautiful than you."

I hid my face in my hands, groaning because of the heat that rushed to my face. I scooted away from the window, imagining him glancing at his watch in that meeting that had taken him away from me.

Do you know anyone who doubles the value of a watch by wearing it on his wrist?

Aaliyan Haider, only Aaliyan.

The last month had wrung the energy out of me with all those quizzes, assignments, practical work and research. The class assignment on interviewing a few successful businessmen alone had me writhing like a fish out of water.

All those days Asmat was with me, my friend and in a very little time – I declared her my best friend. She was the most amazing girl I had ever seen in my life. She could mimic anyone and everyone - I would just laugh, clutching my stomach until there was no air left in my lungs. Tears were streaming down my face and once I was calm, I would start laughing again. The lists of her talents went on and on...

She was the editor of our university's magazine, she was a speaker, a leader, a debater, a brilliant student and there was nothing she couldn't do. With that, she was the meanest person I had ever seen on the earth of God, the most selfish, and yet the kindest person.

Asmat feared – no, she had a huge crush on Uncle Mubashir – my Uncle Mubashir, and my Uncle, once acknowledging her presence near him, would leave that place immediately. It always burnt Asmat to no end, and she being a moody, egoistic and mean bitch, made sure she was always near uncle. Not to mention, she never forgot to taunt him and make him regret being born.

Very few people knew about her little innocent crush – Uncle Mubashir cared about his respect so much that it would kill him to let the little secret out - he would get into pure trouble - but Asmat never seemed to care; after all, she was Asmat.

We were sitting by ourselves on the lawn when we saw uncle Mubashir walking on the pavement talking to one of my classmates named Hashir. Uncle glanced towards us, smiled at me and gave Asmat a forthright scowl.

"Tuhnji Kawar mai kurb gharo

tunjo pyar alae cha hundo."

{There is so much affection in your anger

I wonder how your love would be like}

My head snapped to Asmat, I was left shocked and wide-eyed. Asmat was singing loudly the Sindhi song mimicking the artist. Nobody could say if it was Asmat singing the song or the real male artist.

She made direct eye contact with uncle Mubashir and I could see the fire that ignited on the distance between them.

Hashir pressed his lips together. The smug smile Asmat offered uncle was enough to make a professor, the president, my forty-five-year-old handsome Uncle Mubashir stumble over his foot hard and walk away fuming to the air.

"What was that?" I huffed, still wide-eyed.

Asmat giggled in reply. I exhaled loudly, still in shock.

Romeo and Juliet play went very well; I got so much appreciation for my singing. Some of the students who had their bands offered me to be the lead singer that I declined immediately. I was a business student, and my studies didn't leave time to scratch my head and they were talking about being a female lead singer.

At last, a week ago the university closed but not before throwing a bomb on me - a bomb of exams. The off was for preparations before exams.

In that month, Aaliyan had been out of the city on a business trip, in which he had to attend some events and many meetings. He said it was the most important trip of his life - life and death depended on it. The way his hands shook all the time in nervousness made me pray to Allah for Aaliyan's success.

I had spent Eid ul Adha with Asmat and Uncle Mubashir. Without Aaliyan, I was so sad but I still asked Asmat to take pretty pictures of me. That I had sent to Aaliyan, feeling all giddy and stupid. 

He chatted with me on video calls four times. He had sent me hundreds of texts. Telling me, he missed me, telling me how his day went. He asked me about my day, my health, my exam preparation. if I was eating enough. If I was going to Madarssah and the list went on and on.

Last time when I video chatted with him, his breathtaking face brightened my world with its light on my phone screen. He was in a good awesome because he had won the deal he was nervous all the time. After hearing that, a burden went off my chest. I lay on my bed, back against the headboard; my phone was in my hand.

"What do you want me to buy for you?"

He had asked rubbing his dreamy eyes, looking hot as hell in his grey turtleneck. Damn!

"What should I bring for you, jaldi batao." He said, bringing me out of the daze.

"I want you to come as soon as possible; I miss you so much, I can barely breathe." I pouted, sticking my lower lip out.

"Hmm," he nodded, with a tiny charming smile and extended his hand towards the camera, watching me with fondness. He touched his phone screen, moving his finger as if he was tracing and painting on a canvas.

My brows knitted. What is he doing?

"What are you doing?" I voiced my thoughts.

I could hardly hear my whisper because of the sound of my stridently beating heart in my ears. He gazed at me like he couldn't believe what he was watching.

"I'm trying to believe that I'm holding you in my hands."

A laugh left my mouth. "You're touching me."

"I am," he grinned. "And you can't stop me."

"Like I would want to," I mumbled, under my breath.

"What?"

"Uh, you didn't tell me where you are?"

"I won't tell you where I am." He shook his head.

"Please? It's not like I would follow you and show up there."

I could do this for you; I could follow you everywhere, even to space and underworld, yes.

"Nah, I won't." God his arrogant smile "I will give you a hint."

I was so annoyed. "Okay?"

"I'm in a country where..."

I cut him off, "You're out of the country?"

"Yes."

"And you didn't tell me?"

"You didn't ask me." He shrugged.

"Now I have to ask your whereabouts, you won't tell me by yourself?" Irritation ran through my veins.

"It's not like that Musca." Came his meek reply, his eyes pleading.

"You don't care about me."

"I do care about you." He seemed restless. "Don't be angry."

I hid a smirk "Sing for me!"

"Sing?" he laughed, mockingly. "Me? Your ears will start bleeding."

"Sing."

"No."

"Okay then, I am sleepy, bye."

"Yes, I'm too; I haven't had a good sleep in days."

"Who told you to go?" I inquired aggressively.

"Work, Musca, work," he put his head on the white pillow.

"Okay, take your beauty sleep I'm going."

He pursed his lips at me. "Where?"

"To sleep,"

"Wait, don't go."

"Why?"

"We can sleep while watching each other."

I couldn't suppress a smile. "You're creepy."

"I love being creepy."

I laughed. "No."

"Yes. Please?"

My heart skipped a beat.

"Please let me watch you sleep."

My heart skipped three beats in a row. I disconnected immediately before my heart would stop working. He called again. I picked up after steadying my heart.

"What?" I snapped.

"Easy, woman,"

"What Aaliyan?"

"I want to be there." He whispered.

I remained silent.

"With you."

My heart did flips.

"But you can't," I whispered.

"What I wouldn't give to be with you, right now."

"Oh shut up," I rolled my eyes. "You couldn't even cancel a business trip for me."

"You never asked."

"You think I should have?"

"Yes, if you wanted me to stay."

I huffed and disconnected the call again just to annoy him because I loved mad Aaliyan. My phone started ringing right away.

I answered the call. "Aaliyan, stop calling me,"

"Don't disrespect me, Musca!" He growled.

"Would you like to enlighten me on how I'm disrespecting?"

"I would have enlightened you very well if I was there or you were here."

My stomach churned at his tone. "What would have you done?"

"Spanked you..." oh so bold!

I gulped audibly, preparing myself to change the topic. "Your eyes are red Aaliyan; don't you have a meeting tomorrow? You should sleep."

He groaned. "Okay, you should too."

"Allah hafiz," I mumbled.

I disconnected before he could utter anything. I put my hand on my chest to steady it. A smile made its way to my lips and my cheeks took it as a cue to heat up. I facepalmed, squeezing my eyes shut. Oh, Aaliyan!

My phone rang, startling me. It was him but this time, he didn't turn on the video option.

I put the phone on my ear. "Aaliyan stop..."

I was cut off by his beautiful voice that left me startled and silent.

What would I do without your smart mouth?

Drawing me in, and you kicking me out

You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down

I was afraid my heart would burst containing all this happiness, a huge grin settled on my face.

What's going on in that beautiful mind

you're crazy and I'm out of my mind

The heat rushing to my cheeks made me hide my face in the pillow. When did I become so shy?

'Cause all of me

Loves all of you

All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me

I'll give my all to you

'Cause I give you all of me

And you give me all of you, oh ohhhh

Involuntarily a giggle left my mouth when he started to sing in a squeaky voice, laughing with me.

He sighed, "I have found nothing more beautiful than you Musca."

I was breathless at the honesty dripping from his words.

And I don't want to find anything more beautiful than you Aaliyan.

                                                                              *******

I was making hot chocolate when my phone vibrated on the counter, it had to vibrate today. I was expecting calls from Sky and Grey because it was Christmas and I always spent summers and Christmas with them. This was going to be the very first Christmas I was spending time alone, and it was also the first Christmas blanketed with snow. It never snowed in L.A or Florida. I was so happy that I got to spend my Christmas with snow.

I had bought gifts for Aaliyan, Asmat, Sky, Grey, and Uncle and some kids from the neighborhood. I decorated the tree in the living room last night. Even though I was a Muslim now but I wasn't going to stop celebrating Christmas.

I put the spoon down and grabbed my phone. I opened the message that was from Aaliyan.

I'm back

Don't lie this early in the morning!

I typed back quickly. He had said he was going to arrive tomorrow morning, but why would he send this text now? Maybe that wasn't a joke?

Be serious Aaliyan! I sent the second text. My phone vibrated in my hands. 

Standing at your door

I jumped up so high; my head almost touched the roof. My heart was beating at an abnormal pace. I did a breathing exercise to steady myself.

He is at the door after a month!

This thought poured water on my hard work of calming me, but this time I didn't care, after all, he was at the door. The girl scrambling towards the door was not me; it was some girl who was attacked by the spirit of a frog.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 503 28
Ayeza was a modern girl,a lawyer by profession,all bubbly,full of life without worries.Getting entangled into a mystery of puzzles wasn't on her list...
43.3K 2.5K 43
"I can stand here forever like this while you staring at me." He said with a smirk as he started to approach me. _______________ "And remember that A...
297K 8.8K 53
COMPLETED **be aware i wrote this when i was much much younger, if you want to read a better written story then please check out my current book "ch...
427K 4.7K 14
Roses are red Violets are blue I'm the only one Who is made for you ~Azlan Adwitiya Ranawat a 19-year-old girl who...