Midnight Sun ❖ (Embry Call...

Από misstonii

A girl who'd spent her entire life in Forks, Washington thought she knew all the secrets of the town. Clearly... Περισσότερα

00
01
02
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
Halloween Short
Christmas Short
'19 Short
A/N
Prologue 2.0
2.01
2.02
2.03
2.04
2.05
2.06
2.07
2.08
2.09
2.10
Yet Another Short
Author Question:

03

22.4K 476 59
Από misstonii

Updated 19/02/20

TIME RIPPLED BY quickly and sooner than later, one month turned into another and another.

October.

As expected, Gracie hadn't heard from Bella. Edward was gone. It was said his family had to leave Fork's, something to do with his father, Carlisle, getting a major job offer in Ithaca, New York. If it wasn't for that fact that he had to break up with Bella and be the cause of her immense emotional agony, she would say that he was a lucky duck to be able to move to New York. Gracie stepped out the back door leading to the backyard, picking up one of Riley's football's that had been left on the grass. She smiled twisting it around in her gentle hands until she had found his messy handwriting.

"Riley & Gracie 04" the faded, blue marker left.

She placed the ball at her feet, continuing forward as the backyard led into the forest. Gracie had forgotten how much she missed hearing the bird's sing up close and the smell of the water from the Calawah River a few metres ahead. The smile grew even more realising that the fallen tree that Gracie and her brother always used to cross the river was still there. She climbed up onto the thick trunk and step by step, carefully made her way over to the other side of the Calawah River. She smiled to herself, walking valiantly through this side of the forest for the time since Riley left for Oregon. The blonde girl was minding her own business until she saw a boy leaning on one of the trees. He had to have been at least 6 feet tall and wore a shirt which complemented his rounded muscles. He had tanned skin and cropped black hair, which she knew instantly that he was Native American.

"It's rare to see a pale face on this side of the river," The boy began, he straightened himself off the tree.

Gracie stepped toward him, his brown eyes following every movement of hers. "It's rare to see anybody this close to my backyard."

"Well you better get used to it cause you might find me here again." He laughed, stepping even closer to the mysterious girl.

She raised an eyebrow at the boy as he cleared his throat. "My name is Jared, and you are?"

"Gracie."

He paused, looking her up and down. "Ah, finally I can put a face to a name Embry mentions so often."

"Embry?" Gracie asked, more it sounded more like she was just saying his name.

He nodded. "He's been grounded by his mom, if you're wondering why he hasn't contacted you."

The girl shrugged, merely confused whether Jared was trying to flirt with her or act as Embry's wingman. She didn't reply. She wasn't even sure who this Embry really was, she knew nothing about him other than the fact he knew Jacob Black, someone she would trust with her life. After their small pause they then continued to talk till dusk, sitting on the log whilst he either tried to flirt or talk about Forks itself.

Then came November.

Gracie still hadn't heard from Bella, not even on her birthday which was the very last day of the month. Jared visited her on the other side of the river, however, for some reason he refused to cross it. Jared had no told her Embry was having a bit of family problems and was grounded. Still.  At least, Embry did write Gracie a letter for her birthday in which Jared passed over to. Though she still wondered why everything just seemed so secretive around the topic of 'Embry' whenever she asked Jared. All this mysteriousness surrounding Embry made Gracie ponder about him on a daily basis, more than she ever expected to. Jacob left her a gift too, a dove necklace on silver chain. He was the only one Gracie had left at this moment, she spent almost everyday with him due to the absence of what seemed like everybody else in her life, she couldn't wait until Riley came home - maybe then things would be somewhat more normal.

December.

Three months went by and Gracie still heard nothing from Bella. It wasn't just Gracie, herself. She didn't respond to anybody. Gracie tried visiting her, Charlie even allowed her to sleep on the couch but she still wouldn't open her bedroom door. In the end, Gracie knew that she had tried, they had all tried. She even refused to sit on their table during lunch break, instead sitting over at the Cullen's empty table.

Her parents left a message saying they were going to be spending a business trip together down in Santa Fe, New Mexico for the next month. Gracie couldn't believe it, she didn't think they'd trust her being alone for an entire month. To be fair, it wasn't exactly like they spent much time with her when they were in Forks either. They'd met with teacher's and faked a doctors certificate for her absence mishap passed. Her parents were good like that, of course once you had been through the torture house of grilling and crying and wanting to run away, they'd straighten themselves up and help her appear to be perfect. Maybe that was what they wanted; the perfect life, perfect family, perfect kids. Gracie was not perfect, that's why she clashed with them so often. But things were great as of late, arguments happened so rarely, perhaps thats why they felt the timing of Santa Fe would be perfect. 

Jessica messaged Gracie, recounting one of her 'movie nights' with Bella. Clearly Bella wasn't handling her break up with Edward. She wanted to help, sure, but Bella closed herself off from everybody. Until one day, she called Gracie inviting her on a road trip down to Jacob's house. An 'old gathering' she called it. She brought his old motorcycles to fix, three of them to be exact. One for each of them, apparently. It became just like old times in no time. Gracie was definite on the fact that Jacob still had a crush on Bella and really, she thought it was sweet.

"I'm 35. Gracie would be like 30. And you might be, like, 32." Bella laughed, for the first time in ages. Gracie laughed as well as Jacob, relieved to be spending time all together.

"Why am I the youngest, now?" Gracie whined making the other two laughed.

Jacob stuttered through his laughs, "Cause you're a small, ethereal being who hasn't changed much since freshman year."

They all burst into laughter, only stopping when somebody knocked on the shed door. Gracie looked up seeing a familiar face or two - Embry and Quil.

"If it isn't Gracie Biers." Embry brightened up, whilst Jacob gave her a confused look wondering how in the world she and the other Quileute would've met.

"Hey, Jake." Quil spoke up.

Jacob stood up over the bike toward them, "Hey. Well I see you've met Gracie. Guys this is Bella. Bella, that's Quil and Embry."

"Hi." Bella chimed, whilst the girl next to her smiled.

"I'm Quil Ateara." He introduced, once again like he was memorised. Gracie laughed as Bella tried to hide her laugh. "So the bike building story is true."

"Oh, yeah, yeah. I taught him everything he knows." Bella wittingly answered.

But Quil was quicker, "What about the part where you're his girlfriend?"

Bella shrugged, taken back. "Uh, we're friends, you know?"

Embry laughed, "Ooh, burn!"

"Actually remember I said she's a girl and a friend." Jacob tried to correct them, not looking back at Bella or myself.

"Embry, do you remember him making that distinction?" Quil asked his mate.

Embry smiled going along with it, "Nope."

Bella looked to Gracie before answering, "So you guys have girlfriends? That's awesome."

Jacob laughed, "Yeah, right. Quil's actually taking his cousin to prom."

They all laughed, well all except Quil. "Yeah, that's still a riot. You want funny, Black? I'll give you funny."

They both began play fighting, fussing around knocking things over what not. Embry moved beside the blonde, out of their way.

She smiled lightly at him, "I see you're not grounded anymore..."

He chuckled watching the fight arouse. "Yeah, I know! Hey, I've got five bucks on Quil."

She gave him a look before answering, "You're on!"

Bella continued seeing Jacob almost everyday, and according to Charlie she seemed to be getting better. Jacob continually asked Gracie why Embry kept asking if she was around and her answer never wavered, She simply did not know. She always text him that but in reality she could not wipe the stained smile on her face.

2017© ; misstonii

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

155K 3.9K 29
⤠ Embry Call x OC ⇾ "As stupid as it sounds, I've always wanted to end up having a fairytale ending." "Well, Brenna Swan, I will try my hardest to g...
198K 5.3K 41
Jordyn Hastings has the chance of a lifetime to move in with her uncle. Jordyn moves to Forks and sees Bella Swan her cousin/best friend. When the tw...
64.8K 1.2K 23
Piper Swan is the older sister of Isabella Swan. Piper is quite outgoing and funny when she wants to be. She's overprotective of her little sister, e...
373K 11K 107
Bella Swan and her adopted sister Y/n Swan, move to forks, so their mother can be happy with her husband. How will this change their lifes and what w...