Celebrity Status (currently b...

By LDCrichton

he only thing Sebastian Russo loves more than music is Charlie-- the girl next door. It shouldn’t be a proble... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Bonus Content - Bach's Revenge Song Lyrics
AUTHORS NOTE - 2015
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty Five

29.9K 129 12
By LDCrichton

"I wrap myself in all you are,

In everything you do,

I've never felt so far away,

So far away from you." - Bach's Revenge debut album, track 3

Charlie looked at herself in the mirror. She'd been able to relax a lot more over the last few weeks, so she almost looked as though she could be the girlfriend of a celebrity.

She'd taken to sightseeing nearly everywhere they went so a tan had formed on her skin, toasting it the perfect golden tone of a cooked marshmallow. When she wasn't doing that, she'd been reading or sleeping so the bags under her eyes were hardly noticeable.

She approved, straightened her top and left the room just in time to see all four boys waiting for her. "Oh," she brought a hand to her chest, startled. "Sebastian, I thought we were going shopping."

"We are, but they're coming too."

Charlie surveyed them. Lane had his hands shoved in his pockets, Sawyer was tapping a smoke impatiently on the table, and Robbie grinned from ear to ear before saying, "It's like family day around here. I need to find some sneakers."

"Some what?" Lane asked.

"Sneakers," Robbie said.

"They're shoes," Charlie corrected him, making quotations with her fingers, "not sneakers, what are you like seventy now?"

"They are so sneakers and I need some cool ones you know, gotta get some game."

Sawyer choked down a cough. "You could have solid gold shoes that sprout wings and fly and you'd still have no game."

Robbie stuck his tongue out.

"Come on," Sebastian said. "I want to take you shopping. Things have been a little rough lately, you deserve some pampering."

"I don't need anything," she decided. "Really."

"Robbie needs shoes," he said "And I could go for some new clothes, or a guitar or something. Feel like spending today."

***

They headed to an upscale street filled with stores she couldn't even fathom shopping at before and she wondered how normal people with normal jobs could ever afford more than a pair of socks from the shops.

Sebastian, Sawyer and Lane all lit up like Christmas trees when they spotted a music store with guitars showcased through the display window. She swore she saw Sebastian's eyes go wide and his pupils actually dilate. It was safe to assume guitars for Sebastian were only second to her.

She couldn't bring herself to tell him she had no interest in listening to Sawyer and him talk about barre chords, double stops, slash chords and so many other terms she was clueless about. She'd almost rather watch grass grow, so she smiled at him encouragingly before saying, "Go ahead. I'll hang out with Robbie and help him buy his shoes."

Seb grinned. "Really?"

"Of course," she replied, nodding to the store. "Go."

Seb kissed her forehead and took off across the street with Sawyer like the first time a kid saw Santa Claus. Lane followed at a more reasonable pace behind them. She turned to Robbie. "Okay, let's go find you some shoes."

He threw his arm over her shoulder. "Gee, thanks mom. Can I have the kind that light up?"

Charlie rolled her eyes and gave him a playful slap.

An hour later, Robbie still hadn't found shoes, not because he was looking for light up ones; it was because he was more indecisive than anyone Charlie had ever met in her entire life. She couldn't help but be distracted with worry, Sebastian had a lot of money and he was in a guitar store. It could end very badly.

She was suddenly starving which made her patience wear dangerously thin. He'd finally settled on three pairs to choose from and she looked, no, glared, at him. "Buy all three pairs, why is this even a debate for you?"

Robbie, oblivious to the storm brewing inside her just shrugged, "Naw, I don't think I should."

"Robbie," she told him, "even if each pair of shoes was a thousand dollars, which they aren't, you could still afford them. Buy the shoes."

Robbie's eyes darted back and forward between all of the shoes when her stomach let out an embarrassing growl. She put her hand on it, like it might actually do something to silence it. "Buy the God damned shoes, Robbie."

"Okay," he finally agreed with no reluctance after the whole indecisive time.

He headed to the till when Charlie noticed familiar dark hair. She'd recognize McKenzie anywhere, anytime. She rushed to Robbie's side, hoping they could escape unscathed.

No such luck.

"Robbie," McKenzie exclaimed far too loudly. "I just had a feeling I'd run into you guys today." She ignored Charlie's existence, as usual.

"Hey, Kenz," Robbie replied a little too casually, "how's it going?"

McKenzie's eyes darted across Charlie and for a moment she looked as if she were going to throw up. "Where's Sebastian?"

Enough of this crap. Charlie sucked in a breath and stepped forward. "Obviously not here. C'mon Robbie, let's go."

Robbie smiled politely and held up his back. "That's my marching orders," he advised. "Gotta go."

But before they could get out the door, Sebastian came in with Lane and Sawyer. Perfect. This little close encounter of the horrid kind couldn't have gotten much worse.

"Sebastian!"

Sebastian looked like a deer caught in headlights and his arm which seconds ago, had been proudly holding up a guitar case dropped to his side. "What are you doing here?"

McKenzie stepped to move forward, so she could get closer to Sebastian, but Sawyer wedged his way in front of her to block her path. That was the thing about Sawyer. He could be the world's biggest jerk one minute, but when it mattered, when it really mattered, he had your back and wasn't afraid to show it. "Goin' somewhere, sweetheart?"

McKenzie was visibly shaken by Sawyer's bold move and while her mouth opened and closed, trying to produce some kind of answer, Charlie slid beside Sebastian and intertwined his fingers with hers.

"I was just going to say hi to Sebastian," McKenzie stammered.

If it weren't a terrible thing to do, Charlie would have squealed at her enemy's discomfort. Sawyer also seemed to be enjoying it, his eyes narrowed and he crossed his arms over his chest. "You can do that from here, yeah?"

In an instant, McKenzie gathered her composure and stood taller. "I can do that from where ever I want to, now if you'll excuse me-"

"You know something sugar," Sawyer said. "I'll excuse you when you get it through that hot little head of yours that my boy and my girl over there. They're together. Like fucking crazy glue, yeah? And nothing is going to change that, not even you," his eyes ran appreciatively across McKenzie's barely clad body. "I'm more than willing to help you forget about Seabass though," he smirked.

"You're disgusting," McKenzie scoffed. "Move!"

Sawyer was as rigid as she'd ever seen him but he turned, sweeping the air with his hand which was pointed to the door. "After you, sugar."

McKenzie huffed and rolled her eyes. "Whatever bodyguard. I'll see you later."

Charlie's appetite left with Sebastian's smile. His mouth was in a firm, straight line. "You okay? I'm sorry. I didn't know she'd be here."

"I'm fine," she said. "I was hungry."

Sebastian handed the guitar case in his hands to Sawyer. "Meet you guys back at the bus. I'm going to take her to get something to eat."

Sawyer shrugged, "alright. We can take a hint. Come on boys, let's go eat microwave pizza while Sebastian and girly enjoy some fine dining."

Sebastian held his pointer finger and thumb together and rubbed them together. "That right there, is the world's smallest violin my man, and it's playing especially for you."

"I like strings," Sawyer said. "Any kind, but I get it. We're leaving."

Sebastian watched them leave. Sawyer's mini bitch session about leaving was staged. He had some stuff to take care of on Sebastian's behalf. Stuff he didn't necessarily agree with, but he caved into Sebastian's pleading without too much effort. McKenzie's surprise visit was an unsettling.

He could almost taste the tension in the room. "Don't worry, 'bout her. C'mon, let's go."

Charlie exhaled and her shoulders which were stiff, loosened up as she took his hand.

He hoped like hell she couldn't read his face, couldn't see the worry that etched his features. He knew he had to get the whole McKenzie issue under control. A huge part of that was reassurance for Charlie that she was the only one in his thoughts.

"I hate her," she mumbled.

"I know. Believe me, I'm getting there too."

"Well, at least we're in good company."

"Agreed," he said. "What do you want to eat?"

"Food."

"Really? That's all you're giving me to go by?"

"Really. Doesn't matter. A burger and fries would be fine by me."

Sebastian laughed. "Steak it is."

It took every ounce of self control he had to make it through dinner without checking his cell phone for a text from Sawyer. He wanted to make sure his surprise was ready for Charlie before bringing her back to the bus. Timing was crucial, so he dragged it out as long as possible and even though she was starting to look tired, he made sure he'd ordered dessert.

He could see the extra shadows as they approached the bus. Doubtful Charlie would notice. She was looking at him. "Close your eyes," he told her.

A curious smile formed. "Why?"

"Cause I said so. I have a surprise for you."

Charlie smiled. "It's a magician isn't it? One that can make the stalker bitch disappear."

He laughed. "What if I told you it was better?"

She stopped walking. "Better than a vanishing McKenzie. I'm not sure that's possible." She squinted. "But if you told me it was better, I may have to consider reporting you to William for drug use."

"Ha ha," he said. "You're so funny. Stop talking and close your eyes."

She obliged and he grasped her fingertips, leading her to the bus. When he opened the door, he could see Devin clearly. Her face lit up and she opened her mouth like she was going to say something, so he widened his eyes and brought his pointer finger to his lips.

Tally had her head rested on Lane's shoulder and she gave him a small smile paired with a wave.

"Two more steps," Sebastian told her.

When she was positioned directly in front of Tally and Devin, Sebastian whispered. "Open your eyes."

Charlie's eyelids fluttered and she squealed, bringing her hands to her mouth. "Devin!"

She surged forward and wrapped her arms around her sister. "Oh my God! I missed you."

Devin without any reluctance hugged her back. "I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I missed you too."

Charlie released Devin and did the same to Tally. "I'm so happy you guys are here."

Tally smiled. "I had a hot date with Adam tonight, but damn Sawyer is really persistent when he wants to be."

Sebastian just smirked. Sawyer held his hands up in surrender. "I was merely an accomplice. Seabass is the mastermind."

Charlie turned and looked at him, tears welling in her eyes. "I can't believe you did this for me. Thank you."

She stepped forward and gave Sawyer a kiss on the cheek. If Seb didn't know better, he'd have thought he saw Sawyer blush.

She could not wipe the grin from her face. Neither could Devin. She didn't waste any time infiltrating Sebastian's personal space.

Sebastian had his arm rested lazily across Devin's shoulder. "C'mon ladies, we've got places to be."

What? But she had so much catching up to do. "Where are we going?"

"Well we can't exactly stay here," he said. "We're going to a hotel," he said.

"Tally could stay here," Sawyer joked. "I'd keep her company. No problem."

Tally laughed. "You're sexy in a broken badass way, but no."

"Aww c'mon sweetheart. Let me make up for that hot date you're missing."

"You mean that date with my boyfriend. Of more than two years. That date?"

"That's the one," Sawyer said.

"Wow, a new low," Robbie piped in. "Even for you."

"Relax," Sawyer said. "Tally knows I'm buggin' her. But for the record, I'd totally sleep with you."

"And every other chick with a pulse," Tally said. "Just...eww. Again, no offense hot stuff."

"You called me sexy," Sawyer said. "Deny it all you want gypsy girl, if I really put some effort into it, I could have you," he snapped his fingers, "like that."

Tally rolled her eyes and turned to Sebastian. "You said something about a hotel?"

"I did," Sebastian said. "William knows where we're going." He removed his arm from Devin's shoulder. "And it isn't far so Charlie and I need to pack an overnight bag."

In the bedroom, Charlie shoved Sebastian on the bed and climbed on top of him, planting the most passionate kiss she could muster on his lips.

He smiled. "What was that for?"

"For all the things you do for me."

Devin looked like she could fall asleep standing on her feet. Sebastian poked her in the arm. "Tired, little bella?"

"No," she insisted. "I'm not."

He laughed and looked over at Charlie. "Good cause we're going to go to the arcade I saw down the street and hang out for a while."

Devin perked up instantly. "All of us?"

"Naw," Sebastian said. "How about just you and me?"

"Really?"

"Yup."

Devin smiled. "I'd like that."

"Me too, Dev," Sebastian said. "There's just the small matter of checking us in."

As he walked away, Tally hiked her purse, which was so large she could hide a dead body in it further up her shoulder. "Sounds good. And just so you know, I'm ordering every possible movie from the hotel room. Probably room service too."

Charlie smiled at her friend and he knew he'd done well. It was easy to tell she had missed them.

"Go ahead," he told Tally, "just make sure Charlie gets anything she wants, too."

"You realize you basically gave me free reign to charge your card for anything and everything."

He winked at Tally. "I realize."

"He realizes," Charlie echoed.

Tally looked at Charlie. "Best hot-guy-boyfriend-rock star ever you have there."

"The best is yet to come." Sebastian assured them, looking directly at Charlie.

After he'd checked them in, he gave the bellhop money and piled all their bags on the trolley.

"I'll see you two soon," he said to Charlie and Tally. "I've got a date with a beautiful girl."

Sebastian debated having the woman at the front call a cab but decided against it. It was a short walk to the arcade and it'd give him some time to talk to Devin. He wrapped his hand around hers, "So, what's new, Dev?"

"Not much. Mom's making me go to an acting class next month because she says I've been sulking around the house for too long. And she actually made me bring homework with me."

Sebastian laughed. "Homework? It's summer."

"Someone needs to tell mom that. I didn't do so well last year in Math, so she's making me do all these stupid worksheets she finds on the internet and stuff."

"Wow," he said. "That's rough. You must miss your sister, huh?"

"You know something, I never thought I'd say this, but yeah, I think I do."

"I don't blame you," Sebastian said. "I'd miss her too. Hey, sorry I kind of stole her away."

"It's okay. She'd be crazy not to go with you."

"Charlie's pretty close to my favorite thing to talk about, but I missed you, Dev. It's too quiet around here. Even with Sawyer running his mouth all the time."

Devin smiled. "I've had a lot of time to practice my air hockey skills. Prepare to be owned."

She never went easy on him before he'd left where air hockey was concerned. If she was telling him she was better now, he was in for a night of epic loss. "That sounds like a challenge."

"You could call it that," she said, "or you could just surrender now and save yourself the embarrassment."

"And waste a perfectly good chance to get owned by a girl, I think not."

She wasn't kidding. He'd literally broke a sweat racing from one side of the table to the other to in a feeble and virtually ineffective attempt to block her shots.

Devin stood on the other end of the table, barely a hair out of place. "Give up yet, chump?"

Sebastian tipped his chin. "Never!"

Her assault continued until there was no chance of a comeback for him. He smiled at Devin. "Air hockey with you would be an excellent weight loss plan."

"Told ya," she smirked. "Hey, would you buy me a cherry coke?"

Having his ass handed to him by Devin allowed him to live in the moment. To forget about contracts, obligations, tours, about being 'on' all the time, but mostly about McKenzie. He felt lighter than he had for a long while. "I'd find a way to buy you the moon if you asked me to," he said. "Cherry Coke is a piece of cake."

He looked around the arcade. There were some crappy mismatched tables shoved in filthy corner. Not exactly the kind of place he could envision having a heart to heart with Dev. "Let's go somewhere else though. This dump smells like Sawyer's garage."

"Admit it Seabass, you're trying to get away from the painful reminder of your recent defeat."

He held his hands up as if he were surrendering. "You got me there. But seriously, I think we might catch something if we sat on those chairs so let's go."

She scrunched her face in disgust. "It's your dollar."

Ten minutes later, they were seated at an all night diner he'd spotted, Devin sipping happily on her Cherry Coke. He'd gotten stopped a few times but given that it was nearly two in the morning, the fanfare was kept to a minimum.

"So, is it everything you'd hoped it would be?" Devin asked. "I mean the tour and all."

He shrugged. "It's alright. Mostly it's pretty cool but you know McKenzie Johnson?"

Devin looked at the ceiling like she was bored. "Who doesn't?"

"Yeah well, she's kind of got it out for me, or I guess for your sister. She's not happy Charlie and I are together."

"Neither is half the earth's population," Devin noted. "She can add her name to the petition. Who cares? Charlie and you are good together. It's never stopped you before."

"Suppose not. But she's fierce. Not in the good way. She's followed us the whole tour."

"Oh my God. Obsessed much?"

"I know. It's making Charlie not feel very good, that's for sure."

"So," Devin took a slurp of her Coke, which was not mostly ice, "What are you going to do about it?"

"I was going to ask her to marry me," he said simply.

Devin lurched forward in the chair in a coughing fit. Sebastian slapped her back. "What? You're going to what?"

"I was going to ask her to marry me," Sebastian said. "But Sawyer and Lane talked me out of it. Said we were too young."

"Ah, that's because you are," Devin pointed out.

"Maybe," Sebastian acknowledged. "But I don't think so. Either way, do you know what a promise ring is?"

"Where you promise to marry someone?"

"Yeah. I bought her one of those."

Devin smiled, stood and threw her arms around his neck. "Welcome to the family," she proclaimed. "In five years or so."

Sebastian laughed. Hoping it would be sooner than that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 85.4K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
92.7K 1.3K 28
Nagkataon naman na ang dumating na jeep ay lima nalamang ang kasya, kaya nauna ng pumasok si mama sumunod naman sina kuya tanner, mac at kuya Cedric...
713K 19.9K 151
This is a fan fiction of BTS. Here I didn't include any Y/n or female lead character. It's just purely BTS's brotherly relations here. Jungkook as t...
16.5M 640K 62
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...