Chapter Thirty Three

"I had the world in my hands, 

You were here to stay,

You promised to me everything

I threw it all away."

- Charlie's song

Robbie bounded into the bedroom which Sebastian still claimed as his own. "You drew the short straw today, huh?" Seb mumbled, pulling the covers up over his head.

Robbie ignored his remark. "Let's go to Big Daddy's Arcade."

"Let's not and say we did," Sebastian said.

"Let's and say we didn't," Robbie challenged.

Sebastian scowled. "What?"

"Never mind," Robbie said. "But get your ass up."

"I don't think so, man."

"Listen, I didn't want to do this, but you've left me no choice. It's time for the big guns. Either you get up or I'm sending Lane in here to make out with you."

"Lane," Sebastian yelled his face still half pressed into the pillow. "Come in here and kiss me so Robbie can piss off."

Lane peered through the curtain, "huh?"

"Robbie says if I don't go to the arcade, my punishment is making out with you."

Lane rolled his eyes and looked at Robbie. "You're an ass."

Robbie shrugged, "not gonna lie, I thought Seb would jump up in protest, not be a willing participant."

"How'd that work for you?" Lane asked.

"Not at all, quite frankly."

Sawyer appeared behind Lane. "Is there another camping trip that I wasn't invited to?"

"I want to go to Big Daddy's Arcade," Robbie whined. "I was trying to get Mr. Wonderful to come with me, but he's still riding the woe is me wave."

"So go," Sawyer said. "If Sebastian doesn't want to go with you, put your big girl panties on and go yourself."

"Are the funnest games made for one?" Robbie asked. "No, I think not. That's why we all need to go."

"No one needs to go anywhere."

"You know what," Robbie said. "You're all so depressing to be around. Someone better hide my shoe lace."

"Don't sweet talk me," Sawyer said. "Seb, you wanna go to the Arcade?"

Sebastian still had his face buried in the pillow. "I'd rather set myself on fire or pull each eyelash out individually than go to Big Daddy's Arcade with Robbie."

Sawyer turned. "You heard the man. He's out."

Robbie grimaced and pointed his finger. "You all suck."

Sawyer sighed. "I'll make you a deal. You shut up for ten minutes and I'll go with you."

"Done and done," Robbie said.

It really didn't take much convincing for Sebastian to at the very least get out of bed. Despite freezing at the interview the other day, it felt good to shower, to wear clean clothes, to eat greasy fast food. All of it felt pretty damned good and gave Sebastian hope that things may one day return to normal.

Lane offered to put coffee on leaving Sebastian to stretch, get up and get dressed. When he got to the front of the bus, Robbie was shrugging on his coat while Sawyer was still in pajamas, with a smoke hanging out of his mouth.