Learning to Fall (A Josh Hutc...

By nanalove9516

To enjoy her summer off from school Arianna is visiting her Aunt and Uncle in New York when she has run ins w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (ACTUAL ENDING):)

Chapter 3

18.5K 313 77
By nanalove9516

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!” I screeched as we hit the cold air outside. I was lost for words when I had finally snapped out of it. “Did I just run into Joshua Ryan Hutcherson?!?” I set my bags down as Aunt Ellie looked at me wide eyed.

“Wow I’ve never seen you so excited before Arianna.” She dug threw her purse looking for her cell, continuing to stare at me. She probably thought I was going to have a heart attack.

“I just...” I started to say but then I realized something. This isn’t me. I don’t freak out over a celebrity…fan girls are my worst pet peeve.

So I silently did it in my head.

I mean…Josh isn’t just any normal celebrity…he is a god. He isn’t famous for his looks and you never see him on the news about doing drugs or were in jail for a week. No…he was the guy who recorded a video for the “Straight but not Narrow” campaign and received the Vanguard award. He adopted animals and was a caring, thoughtful guy. But he was also a very talented actor along with being a stud.

“If I didn’t know any better…I would say my little niece has a bit of a celebrity crush.” She raised her eyebrows at me and winked. She was right.

“So how does the big city work? Do we take a cab or do you have a car?” in my attempt to change the subject I got back to where we were…in reality.

“Nice.” She nodded her head. “My car is parked over here.” She smiled to me and pulled me along to follow her.

Once at her car I was very eager to get out of here…to see the big city. New York City. The parking garage was dark and they always made me nervous, all those scary movies get to your head eventually. it was chilly in the parking garage but once we were out the heat hit me. i thought georgia heat was bad?

We pulled out and the sun shot right into my face. I pulled on my sunglasses to be greeted by tall buildings. They were huge. I looked in all directions and probably looked like a crazy person.

Aunt Ellie let out a laugh when she looked at me gawking my eyes at the skyscrapers and the lights.

“It's beautiful.” I plainly said. She nodded her head in agreement but didn’t say another word, letting me enjoy the scenery.

About 10 minutes went by so it is pretty dark out now, and even hotter. Aunt Ellie put on the air conditioning and i enjoyed it hitting my face.

“What do you say about some food?” I quickly nodded my head thinking how hungry I am. I sat nestled myself into her comfortable car and pulled my phone out.

To Chloe Gaza

Hey miss you already. You would never guess who I literally ran into!!! Text me soon. I’m sure you’re busy having fun without me. –Ari

I tucked my phone away into my shirt and turned the radio on.

Dinner was great. She took me to this pizza parlor that sells the best New York pizza. I am definitely glad I came.

I kept thinking about running into Josh Hutcherson, mainly because he was so hard it felt like a wall! The look he gave me though when I looked at him was lingering in my head. Fear? I would be too…he must have fans throwing themselves at him all the time. He probably thought I was another one of them who was going to jump him. I laughed at myself and continued to listen to the radio.

Aunt Ellie gave me a tour of New York City and she even drove by where they were making the memorial of 911. I took a bunch of pictures and intend to send them to my printer at home so they are ready at home, and for Chloe to look at them.

The big buildings started to grow smaller as we drove back to Aunt Ellie’s house in Summit. I’ve never really been to her house before, considering I’ve never left Georgia, but I have seen pictures. And as of right now it was cute.

Once we pulled up in her driveway that impression went away. Her house wasn’t cute at all…it was gorgeous! The driveway that was long with little turns lead to a walkway that, then, leads to two big doors. Set behind the doors was a big 3 floored structure. It looked like it belonged in Tuscany somewhere. It was so beautiful and I was going to be staying here for 2 months?

I climbed out of her SUV and grabbed my bags not removing my eyes from the house. It was bigger up close and I realized there was a giant window in the front that made the stairwell visible. Every light on in the house tickled my green thumb, tree hugger side but I got over it and followed Aunt Ellie to the front door.

The outside didn’t even compare to the inside of the house. It was all open and bright littered with white furniture with matching tables, carpet and lamps. It was so much different to me and Chloe’s apartment. We had black out curtains on our windows for those days we just wanted to be vampires and escape the world. I couldn’t even imagine being able to do that in this house.

Another thing I noticed was that this house isn’t like pin straight, clean freak atmosphere. There were piles of books in the one corner of the room. I also noticed a bunch of boxes in the other making a little path to walk through.

The air smelled like citrus and coffee which were two of my favorite things. Like on cue Lucas walked in with two cups of coffee and a glass of water on a tray.

I had seen their wedding pictures but and had an idea of what he looked like but, like the house, it looked different in person. He smiled at me as he set down the tray.

He walked over and gave me a hug. “I’m so glad you could make it out. How are you.” he looked at me with his brown eyes. His red hair looked like he had been messing with it a lot along with his clothes.

Aunt Ellie walked over to him as I replied, “I’m doing great. Everything seems so much different over here.”

They both chuckled. “Don’t worry you’ll get used to it before you know it. You won’t want to leave.” He bent down and gave Aunt Ellie a kiss and I felt a little envious of them. But I smiled to show my happiness for them.

“I hope so. I’m glad I could finally meet you. I thought Aunt Ellie was trying to hide you from me.”They both laughed and sat down on one of the couches. Lucas leaned forward and picked up the water and coffee, handing Aunt Ellie the coffee.

“If you have any of Ellie's blood in you, I bet you love coffee just as much as she does.” He handed me my coffee and I immediately took a sip, enjoying the hot liquid as it ran down my throat. I was happy to have my caffeine. “I guess that’s a yes?” we all laughed once again.

We talked for a bit until we finished our drinks. Aunt Ellie showed me my room and I felt relieved when I walked in. The rest of the house, that I saw, was white and bright. This room looked identical to my room back home the only difference is that this one was 3 times bigger. I looked over at Aunt Ellie with wide eyes.

“Well, when you sent me a picture of your room I tried my best to match it for when you came to stay here. I know what it’s like to be away from home for a long time and I hate the feeling of being home sick.” She grinned at me looking pleased with her work. She came in from the hallway and set my bags on the big, fluffy bed. I turned to her and gave her a hug.

“Thanks for everything Aunt Ellie.” She squeezed my shoulders and then rubbed them as she pulled away.

“Don’t thank me I just want you to have a good time.” With that she left my room saying goodnight and shutting the door. I looked around the room I was going to be living in for the next two months. I sighed in relief when I noticed the blackout curtains covering the massive windows.

I woke to my phone going off. I had a missed call from Aunt Ellie and 2 texts. One from Chloe and one from Aunt Ellie.

Chloe

I’m glad you miss me. This place is so quiet. And who????

Aunt Ellie

Lucas and I have work today so you are free to lounge around or go out and enjoy yourself. If you go through the neighborhood to the end there is a nice little street filled with antique shops and little cafes. Have fun today:) xoxo

I texted Chloe then I texted Aunt Ellie thanking her for the idea.

To Chloe

Haha yeah I’m sure it’s quiet. And yeah so I was at the airport when I ran into…Josh Hutcherson!!!!!

I doubted she would believe me but oh well. I unpacked my things into the wardrobe and took my toiletries into the bathroom.

After a nice warm shower and a nice brushing of my teeth and hair I felt totally refreshed. I always loved the feeling of getting clean, it’s the motivation to get up and take the shower is what gets me.

I walked back to my clothes and pulled on a pair of faded jeans and a sweatshirt while slipping on my black converse. I blow dried my hair and straightened it applying a little mascara. Once I was satisfies I left the comfort of the dim rooms and into the bright hallway of the Strode house. Seriously, why so bright?!

Once my eyes adjusted I walked down the steps into the living room. The clock read 9:30 so I figured I might as well explore around the house while it was still early, I felt it necessary to know where the kitchen was.

Strolling through the living room and I went through a pair of big swinging doors. Found it! The kitchen is just as bright as the rest of the house. The platinum electronics bouncing the light everywhere. It probably worked for Aunt Ellie, I just really don’t like brightness.

While finding the coffee pot and turning it on, I raged the fridge and cabinets. Thank god for Aunt Ellie being just as much as a fatty as me for liking food. She had all my favorites, yeah I think I’ll be good. I pulled a box of Lucky Charms out of the cabinet and munched on it as I examined the rest of the room, there were a bunch of pictures of Aunt Ellie with Lucas and my mom. There were also a couple frames of single pictures. One of me in my graduation portrait and the other of my sister standing by her first car she got last year.

I croaked back a cry when I saw her picture. It’s been a year since the accident and it was still hard. I told her she wasn’t ready to drive but she insisted she was good. She was 16 when she was killed. I hadn’t seen a picture of her since. I got rid of the pictures of us in my apartment, but I kept on which is safe in my wallet.

Turning away as the coffee beeped telling me it was ready I pulled down a mug and poured myself a cup. I was thankful Aunt Ellie loved coffee just as much as I or else I don’t know how I would have survived in this house.

I took a sip of the coffee after I added my necessities to it and instantly felt warmed by the heat. Something stood out and it was that nothing was on the fridge, not even magnets. But there was an envelope taped to it. I walked over to it and on it read Mr. and Mrs. Strode and Arianna Greene. I took it down from the fridge and opened it.

Inside held 3 tickets to a gala...tonight!?! Why didn’t Aunt Ellie say anything to me about it… oh well?

I put the tickets back on the fridge, grabbed my purse, and headed out the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 65 32
Set in 2ish years time.. Josh Hutcherson meets same town Katie Smith when he breaks down in front out her house,They fall in love but is it a Happy E...
The Bet By Tora Snow

Teen Fiction

240K 5K 23
|*Complete*| When a hot, but spoiled guy gets kicked out of boarding school for heading up a gambling ordeal at his private school, his parents force...
80.6K 1.6K 24
(Josh Hutcherson Fan Fiction). Allison is just a normal girl. Who moved from New York to the other side of the country, California. Starting a new s...
248 65 20
Mia Isabella, a woman who fell in love with the wrong guy and now stuck with her abusive boyfriend, Ray Santiago. Mia meets her old high school crush...