Falling - A Pentatonix Story

By morningthunderstorms

"I really really love you, and I don't think I will ever be able to stop saying that. Just so you know." "Wel... More

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
e p i l o g u e
A/N

t w e n t y t w o

527 18 28
By morningthunderstorms

"Tonight's your night."

"Yes, I know, Dear."

"It better be good."

"Avi!"

"Because mine is going to be amazing on tour."

"Avi...," I whine, pressing the hang up button. I'm basically the least creative person when it comes to figuring out what to do for dates. Avi told me he had his planned ages ago, and I still had no idea what to do, and it's the day of.

I always could look online, but where's the fun in that?

I narrow my date down to choosing between two categories..

Do I want to stay inside or do I want to go somewhere? I opt for the staying inside, and look around my apartment.

A cook off.

We will have a cook off.

Ha! I'm fricking brilliant.

Cooking together has kind of become our thing, too. We love to cook together, and we're both great cooks.

Bril. Li. Ant.

---

I hear a knock at my door, and don't bother answering it. I'm pretty sure it's Avi, he said he'll be here in ten minutes ten minutes ago.

"So a cook off?"

"Yeah!"

"That's your great idea?"

"Av!"

"Don't worry, I'm only joking," he smiled, bringing me in for a bear hug. I love his hugs, they squish me. I enjoy being squished.

"Mine is better," he whispers.

"Not it's not."

"Yeah it is."

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"Is-" we're interrupted by my oven beeping, signaling it's done preheating.

"You cheater! You started before I even got here!"

"Nu-uh! It's preheating!"

"So! I couldn't have preheated the other oven! I wasn't even here!"

"Do you need me to wait for your oven to preheat?" I sigh, cocking an eyebrow.

"Yes," he mumbles.

"It's not even a speed competition. Mine is going to take a lot longer than yours."

"Fine."

"Fine what?"

"You can start."

"And I figure we can make dessert together."

"Why together?"

"Why not?"

"Because I would totally beat you in the dessert category."

"Oh really? Well, I'll have disagree with you on that one."

"Actually, I didn't know what to make for dessert."

"You child."

Avi sets to preheating the other side of the stove across from mine, and I set out things to make Mac & Cheese.

"You preheated your oven before you make your food?"

"I had nothing to do, okay."

"Mac and Cheese won't take that long."

"I just said that to make you shut up," I whisper.

Avi giggles and pulls me in for a hug from behind. We never get very much done when we're around each other. I lean into him, and he kisses my head. "We really should get cooking," he mumbles deeply into my hair.

"Nope, not going there again."

"What?"

"You know what."

Avi simply smirks and returns to what appears to be some sort of chicken dish.

---

"And... done!" Avi shouts, shooting his hands in the air away from two very aesthetic-looking plates of Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells.

"Oh really, because I beat you, Kaplan!"

"What?" He shrieks, turning around to face me.

"How?"

"I finished like two minutes ago."

"How?!"

"I literally just dished up Mac & Cheese and put baguettes there."

"No fair!"

"Why?"

"Because you're just so beautiful I couldn't stop looking at you."

"Excuse me?"

"It's all your fault."

"Yeah, that I know the way to making homemade Mac & Cheese by heart."

"Wh- No!" Avi stutters.

"Yes, now let's eat. We still have to make dessert, too," I smile.

"But you beat me!"

"Ha."

"No."

"Yes."

"You need to have a punishment."

"For winning?"

"Yes."

"Oh really?"

"Yep."

"What's my punishment?"

"Uh, this."

At first I'm really confused, and then Avi comes over to me and connects his lips to mine. My hands immediantly go to his chest, and his to my waist. At first, at least. He runs them up my sides to my hair, gently playing with the ends. I do the same, because he left his hair down. How can I resist when he left his hair down?

We both pull away, and I blush.

"So that's punishment?"

"The worst kind, isn't it?"

We both smile, and I blush red as a freaking stop sign, and sit down at the island as though nothing just happened.

"So, let me present my dish to you, Ms. Maldonado."

"Alrighty," I giggle.

"On this magnificent plate, you will see shells made of a noodle-y type material and-"

"We're eating Scott?!"

"No, his distant cousins."

"Does he like them?"

"No."

"Oh, we're good. Continue, sir."

"Anyways, they are filled with a disgusting green substance I know you enjoy and chicken."

"That's all?" I tease. I know there's sauce in there, and I lead him into it.

"Well, there's white alfredo-y type sauce. And, I don't know. My mom sent me the recipe for the sauce. It tastes good. I'll tell you that."

"Okay, thank you, Kaplan. Now for mine. Which is better."

"It probably is, but continue miss."

"On this delectable plate, you will find an ever-so beautiful dandelion yellow mac and cheese."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, complete with penne noodles-"

"Does Scott like them?"

"No, he hates these. These are the noodles that make fun of his... sister?"

"Oh, very well then. Continue."

"Anyways, with two lightly toasted slices of baguette."

"Baguette, how fancy."

"Yes, it is."

"Can I dig in?"

"You may."

We silently take a bite out of each other's dishes. For Avi's, I simply pick it up with my fingers. It's basically finger food.

The stuffed shell tastes just like Chicken Alfredo (which makes sense considering it's stuffed), and the flavors explode in my mouth. There must be some kind of herbs in this, because it as an extra 'Oomf'.

After exclaiming how amazing it is, Avi gushes to me about my Mac & Cheese.

"It's like, so creamy! How did you even- you have to give me the recipe! Oh my gosh, Kirstie."

"Uh, thanks? And, it's my own recipe. You can't have it."

"Why?" he complains.

"Because it's mine."

"Fine. You just have to make it for me all the time then."

"Fair enough."

---

"I don't think I can stand dessert.. maybe thirds on both wasn't such a good idea," Avi announces.

"We can have dessert for breakfast tomorrow?"

"Yes! Can we, please!"

"I swear, you are a man child."

"No but Kirst, can we?"

"Sure," I giggle.

"We should probably head for the studio."

"What time is it?"

"9, we need to be there by 9:30."

"Yeah, you're right. Did you bring that one bag I leave at your house?"

"Yeah. I even washed it for you."

"Gee, what a boyfriend I have."

"Hey, there's not many places to wash things on tour besides at hotels."

"We're at hotels all the time."

"Shh."

"Okay, will you help me get my heavy bag?"

"Are you bringing the same heavy bag?"

"Yes."

"The one I have to carry to and from every hotel."

"Sometimes I carry it."

"Sometimes."

We laugh and head to get my stuff, and then to the studio. I'm really excited for the second half of the American leg of tour, and then we get to go to Europe. We went to Japan before tour, because Esther said it was better? I don't really know her reasoning.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the car pulling to a hault in the parking lot of the studio. I look in the rear view mirror to see a giant bus behind us.

My second home.

Literally.

Well, maybe my third. I kind of live at Avi's now.

I get out of the car and head around to get my bags out of the back. Avi already grabbed his, leaving me to mine. I heft them up and go over to where we load them. I'm greeted to see Kevin and Esther making out.

I clear my throat, and they snap apart and quickly look at me.

"Sorry," Kevin mutters, heading inside the tour bus. If I remember correctly, Avi told me Kevin was with Esther while he was at my place.

Eventually we're probably all going to end up living together, because none of us are actually at our own homes at the same time.

I smile and stuff my bags in the compartment. Avi comes from inside the tour bus, carrying the bag I keep in the bus in his hands. "Same bed as last time, and ever time before that?"

"You know it."

"Why do you like that spot?"

"It's by the lounge the most, and it's high up," I shrug. "Why do you like yours?"

"It's close to yours," he mumbles. I smile at the blush creeping on his cheeks, remembering how he's never had a different bunk.

"You're sweet."

"The sweetest."

We giggle, and sit on the couch in the front. Avi wraps his arms around my waist, and I lean into him as usual. Kevin and Esther come in and do the same as we all quietly wait for Scott and Mitch.

Why are they always the last ones?

"Mama is here! Let tour begin!" Mitch announces, barging in the bus.

"Queen has finally come, with her King!" follows Scott.

"Did you load your bags?" Asks Esther, who's suddenly not cuddling with Kevin.

"Yes, mother."

"Oh please, without me you guys would fall apart."

"True," we all say in unison, laughing.

Slowly, the bus begins to roll onto the road. Now onto the airport to fly to Maine, and then somebody will drive the bus for us I guess? I'm not entirely sure on how it works.

I just know that tour has officially began.

Again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 364 28
(Sequel to Show You How to Love) Avi and Kirstie are planning for their wedding. But what happened to Afro Blue? Or Jeremy?
14K 490 10
A sudden upheaval in Kirstie's life leaves her and Avi questioning the newly budding feelings between themselves. (Heavy focus on Kavi, with a more m...
75.2K 2.1K 38
Avi is in love. She's all he thinks about. Kirstie. Perfect, beautiful Kirstie. When her boyfriend crosses the line, Kirstie moves in with Avi. But A...
53.7K 3.3K 26
〝some people stepped away, as if i were a bomb that would explode any second. but mitch stayed.〞 { completed }