The Girl Next Door

By trinajones1234

"What's your name?" "Why are ya talkin' to mi?" "Because I want to. Now, what's your name?" "You don... More

Prologue
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
It's my birthday!!!
~27~
~28~
~29~
~30~
~30~ (The real update)
~31~
~32~
~33~
~34~
~36~
~37~
~38~
~39~
~40~
~41~
~42~
~43~
~43~
~44~
~45~
~46~
~47~
Important Information
~48~
~49~
~50~
~51~
~52~
Not An Update (but please read)
~53~
~54~
~55~
Back in Business

~35~

2.7K 144 85
By trinajones1234

Sorry that I've neglected this book. 😔 School started and I've been busy ever since. Vote and comment for me if you're still here.

"People are saying that you've been playing my heart like a grand piano..."

Onika Maraj 

After-surgery 

11:17 p.m.

I wake to voices talking softly. But in my head, it's like they are talking at the top of their lungs. 

"Shh..." I shush, my eyes closing again. 

The voices stop amd I can feel myself drifting off into sleep again. Sleep is welcoming. I can forget everything when my eyes are closed. Even though this sleep has no dreams, I still watch as the black spots expand across the darkness. 

"Nika, baby. You up?" A voice asks softly. 

I chuckle. That's funny. That voice sounds just like my mom's.

"Onika, baby. It's your mother..." the voice says again. 

I groan loudly and open my eyes. As soon as the open about halfway, I feel as if I'm being choked to death by a pair of arms. 

"Oh, baby," my mother says as I'm losing my life,"I'm happy you're okay. I-I should've never left you..." 

"I... breath..." I choke out. 

"Oh! Sorry," she apologizes as she pulls away. 

I take on a deep breath, weakly smiling at my worrying mother. I don't want her to worry about me. I want her to know that everything's gonna be okay. 

"M-..." I start, suddenly feeling nervous. A heavy feeling sets in the pit of my stomach as I continue,"you know what happened?" 

She nods, rubbing her foreams as if she suddenly got cold,"yes. I do. And I'm not mad at you baby. If anything, I want to go kill that Robert kid... he had no reason to do something like that. I plan on suing the hell out of him and his oh so wealthy family of he doesn't go to jail." 

I smile again, shaking my head. This is not how I expected her to react.

"Are you sure you want to keep this baby though?" My mother asks. 

I shrug,"I-I really don't know. But I can't abort it. But then I'll have to get a job an-"

"Nonsense," my mother interrupts,"I will give you money. Three thousand dollars every two weeks after the baby is born. No child of mine will have to struggle like I did. No child." 

I think back to what she told me so long ago. She really did have to struggle. In Trinidad, she worked two jobs where they paid only enough for Roman and I to get food for that day. Four dollars an hour as a waitress. She worked four or more hours and we barely got to see her because she had to work another job that paid almost the same. When we came to America, she got a much better job. We were still dirt poor and we stayed in a homeless shelter for a month or two until she slowly started to rise up in her business. We came a long way from Trinidad and Tobago. And I can understand of she doesn't want us to struggle but that's too much she's trying to give me. 

Shaking my head, I speak,"that's too much. I-"

"You listen and you listen good. If I give you money, you know damn well better than to not take it. Especially of its for my grandchildren. Even if it turns out that you're not pregnant. I will still give you money. You will not struggle, got it?"

I sigh and nod," yes ma'am..."

My mother straightens her posture," good. Now I have to go home to do some paperwork. I will be back in the morning to see you then I have to go to the office. The doctors said that you need plenty of rest. So hop to it."

I smile a genuine smile as she struts out of the room. I turn to Roman, who's sitting in her chair, a nervous smile on her face.

"Why'd you tell her?" I ask. 

She rolls her eyes,"because... you were asleep and I couldn't hold it in. But it ended well so... do I hear a 'thanks Roman?'" 

I shake my head,"nah. There must be ghosts or something in here."

Roman raises her middle finger at me. 

I shake my head quickly,"no, no, no. Let Zen do that. I have Robyn." 

Roman makes a skeptical face,"yea. Sure you do." 

I narrow my eyes at her,"what's that supposed to mean?" 

"Nothing. But girl... lemme tell you something," she says, a wide smile crossing her face. 

I smile off of instinct,"what?"

"So Zen and I got together last night..."

I raise my arms to the sky,"Hallelujah, it's about time she made a move. How did she ask?"

Roman blushes deeply, staring off into the space beside my head. I shake my hands in the air. 

"Hello? Earth to Roman?"

Roman jerks her head before she blinks a few times, turning her attention to me,"I'm sorry. What was t-" 

"How'd she ask you out? Give me all the details." I repeat. Sex could not have been that good while she spacing out and shit. 

Roman lifts an eyebrow,"all the-"

"All the details," I say. 

Roman smiles,"okay, so I went over to her house and we were a little bit drunk. We were kissing and shit, I'm not talking about kissing kissing. I'm talking about we finna fuck after this kissing. And I told her I was ready." 

I roll my wrists in a questioning motion,"ready..."

Roman straight-faces the hell out of me,"to fuck, cabron."

I nod,"no need to call me an asshole. I was just asking. But carry on." 

"So after that, I went to the bathroom to make sure everything was in order down there. And when I got out Zen was on the bed and we was kissing again."

"Pause. She has one arm and hand... how...?" 

Roman chuckles,"me made do, bitch. Shut up and lemme tell the story. And get this. We were on the bed, right? And she was getting ready to finger me. Tell me why this bitch asked 'do you have condoms?'" 

My eyes widen as I begin laughing. Roman, on the other hand, did not think it was funny. 

"And that shit deadass had me heated. So I'm like 'fuck you need condoms for?' Cause I'm thinking she went and got a dude for a threesome type shit. And you know I'm not about that shit." 

"What'd she say?" I ask, snickering. 

"She said 'well... I don't want to get you pregnant. So ain't that the best thing to do' and never in my life..." 

I burst out laughing again as Roman continues. 

"And I'm like 'wha... h-how the fuck you gonna get me pregnant? You don't have a dick'. And she said 'Robyn told me I needed one.' And right now, I'm getting ready to slap her. Like bitch, you a full girl. You don't need condoms. And she was so deadass about it. Like this was a life or death situation."

I try to stifle my laughter as a tear rolls down my left cheek,"she needa stop being so gullible and stupid."

Roman blushes,"but it's cute though."

I shrug as Roman's phone dings. Roman checks it and I watch as her mouth drops open,"oh wow..." 

"What?" I ask, knitting my brows together.

She shakes her head, recovering quickly,"nothing. Uhm... Robyn said she's coming by first thing in the morning before she gets to school so you should get some sleep."

I smile, my mood growing lighter,"really?" 

She nods,"she says she has to talk to you about something yada yada yada... I'm about to go though."

I sigh sadly,"okay. If you and Zen ever need any condoms, I got some." I end the sentence laughing again. 

"Ooh! I'ma tell Robyn," Roman says, quickly rushing out the room. 

I gasp and stop laughing completely," No, no! Roman!" 

Roman doesn't come back and I sit back in the bed, chewing on the inside of my cheek. 

Shit. Shit. Shit. Why did I say that? What can I do... oh. Tell Robyn I love her? Would she be mad then? Yea... that's a g-

"I'm nah gunna tell ha," Roman says, sticking her head back through the doorway. 

I sigh and speak,"fuck you, Roman."

Roman shakes her head,"nah, nah. Get Robyn for that. I got Zen."

I snicker,"the condom wearing girlfriend."

Roman let's out a short laugh and her head disappears again. Two dings go through the air and I turn my head towards the source of the sound. 

I see that my phone is plugged into a charger on a chair beside my bed. Smiling, I pick it up and see a couple of texts from some people. I open up the dance group chat and scroll up to see what I missed.

But as I scroll through the conversation, a particular message from Beyoncé makes me raise my brows. 

B: hate to be a homewrecker but... 😏💦

J: oouuu. wat you did girl 👀

K: Bey always fucking up some shit 😂😂 ain't even surprised anymore 🙄

B: It's not my fault. She threw... I received... and it tasted good asf 👅💦💦

K: you a whole fool 😂😂

I furrow my brows. I didn't know Beyoncé went that way. I wonder who she was talking about though...

I scroll down but there is nothing else about the conversation. I sigh and exit out of the chat. I see that Robyn texted me around 10 and I click on it to find three separate messages. 

Daddy 👅💦baby I miss you... (4:16 p.m.) 

Daddy 👅💦: ughhh... missing my baby girl.l 😭😭 Hoping she's okay and ain't leave me by myself 😔(6:52 p.m.) 

Daddy 👅💦: Mrs. Maraj-Fenty. Where are you and why haven't you called your wife yet? who I have to cut today? Is it that Roman chick? tell her to meet me outside for her daily rounds. And when I finish beating her ass, I'ma beat yours for not calling me. (8:27 p.m.) 

I find myself smiling at the last text message. I press the call button and put my phone to my ear. 

The dial sound goes through my ear four times before I hear a click and a deep, groggy and raspy voice on the other line.

"'ello?" 

I can feel my body tingling at her accent which sounds ten times better when she just woke up. 

"Were you asleep?" I ask, smiling. 

Robyn groans and I can hear shuffling in the background,"nah. I wah jus' wankin' off an' ya got meh afta a nut."

I giggle, settling into the bed,"wanking, you say."

She let's out a sleepy laugh,"yea. Wha' ya up ta?" 

"Nothing," I say, starting to feel her sleepiness affect me as I yawn,"I just woke up. How about you?" 

She's silent for a moment before she speaks,"not'ing. Jus' been eatin' mahself ta death. Worried 'bout mi baybeh." 

I blush, closing my eyes,"well. No need to worry about me. I'm fine."

Robyn hums and we're both silent for a moment. I can feel myself drifting off to sleep as the silence continues. 

"Nika?" Robyn's groggy voice asks. 

I hum, signifying that I heard her.

"I love ya, ta know dat?" 

I nod sleepily,"mhm. I love you too." 

"Good. An' not'ing gunna come between us. Even if somet'ing does, at the end... ya still mi gyal, okay?" 

"Okay," I reply, not paying much attention to her words. 

"Okay. Good night, baybeh. I see ya in da mornin'." 

I hum again,"good night..."  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So... Between work and school I've been HELLA busy 😴 I actually have almost the rest of the book WRITTEN but not yet typed. I'm working on it.

You think Robyn will confess?

Roman and Zen's relationship 😂 I needa get let like them. Bae wya? 😂

How do you guys feel about the upcoming baby?

How do y'all want the book to end?

Random questions:

What's your age?

What's your favorite color?

What's your Instagram?

Vote. Comment.

~Trina J.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

664K 31.6K 55
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
974K 16.8K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
947K 40K 81
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
343K 7.3K 34
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.