Gentleman (Jonathan Toews)

By Pentaholic2011

Jonathan Toews is looking for another cup. There is nothing that will break his focus from raising the thirty... More

A Picture a Day
First date
Happy Family
Perspective
I'm Your Biggest Fan
Drunken Thoughts
Tell Him
Jealous
Hurting
I Love You
New Years Drama
Say It
Promise Ring
When in Canada
Do You Believe in Fate?
I Want You
A Day in the Sun
Sunken Ship
What Have I Done?
Retrograde Amnesia
All Over Again
I'm Sorry
Do You Know What Its Like
The Collage
Can You Feel The Love Tonight?
Exotic Get Away
See You See the World
Peter Pan
Going Back
Locked Out
Tummy Ache
Left Broken Hearted
Halloween
Happily Ever After
Seeing Red
Guardian Angel
Bad Dreams
Merry Little Christmas
With You
Hockey is Back
Putt Putt
Father Figure
Recreating New Memories
Wedding Planning
Dethroned
Seventeen Seconds
Sending Messages
Thank You

Welcome to the Team

5.8K 63 1
By Pentaholic2011

Jonathan

Before we kick off the 2011-2012 hockey season there was a media day in the UC for the staff and players. The home opener was a week way and so was the start of the new season, so there wasn't a lot of time left before we had to crack down. We got knocked out of the playoffs in the first round after winning in 2010 and we wanted to win another cup. We wanted a dynasty.

I sit down and wait to get some pictures done for the tickets and posters and other fun things. Nothing like trying to fit in a chair in full pads and uniform. I talk to the guys around me about closing out the preseason and wait for my turn so I can get out of these pads. It doesn't feel the same when you're not on ice.

I end up talking with Kaner, Hammer and Seabs for a little while people come in and out of the photography room. Patrick goes in to get his picture taken leaving me with the veterans.

"So Cappy, you ready for this" Hammer asks and I scoff.

"I was born ready" I smile.

"Looks like we have Captain Confident on our hands" Seab's claims and I let out a groan.

"Can we not with the captain jokes today" I mumble. He was the one who started it all anyway.

"There he is. There's Captain Serious" he teases and Hammer starts to snicker.

"This is going to be a looong year" I sigh and they both fall into a fit of laughter.

About ten minutes later Patrick comes back and he had the biggest shit eating grin on his face. I mean he was practically glowing.

"You'll never guess what just happened" he says like a teenager who just lost his virginity. Hammer gets up and goes to get his pictures taken and Patrick takes his seat.

"What is it buddy" Seabs says like he's talking to a little kid and that one got a smile out of me.

"The new photographer... hot as hell" he announces and I raise a eyebrow.

"I'm pretty sure every girl is hot as hell in your mind" I laugh.

"Yes, but nothing like this one. I'm just happy I had hockey pants on because I'm pretty sure I popped a boner. She's probably most stunning girl in the whole city. I mean she's got this crazy sexy blonde hair and bright green eyes. Her legs a mile long and she's got the ass to go with it. And her smile... man that smile" he shakes his head.

"Looks like Kaner's got a crush" Seab's teases.

"Hardly, she shot me down every time I tried to hit on her" he claims.

"I like her already" I say.

"She'll fall for me, they always do" he claims.

"Maybe she's a decent respectable lady who knows she doesn't have to hang all over you" I claim and he scoffs.

"I'm irresistible" he defends.

"You're a moron" I smile and he hits me in the back of the head. It was so worth it.

I was the last one to get my pictures done and I set my things inside the room. I walk over and stand on the x like I've done a million times before. A woman appears and honestly I was shocked. When Patrick described her I thought he was being over dramatic, but no, he was dead on. She's wasn't over sexual in her looks, but man she was a sight to see. She sets up her camera and does all her little things and I watch her closely. She really was stunning and I was kind of in love.

"Alright, remove you clothes" she says and my eyes go big.

"Excuse me" I ask.

"You're here for the Blackhawks photo shoot, right" she asks.

"Ummm yeah" I say slowly.

"Okay, then drop your pants" she says so seriously and I look around.

"Did the other guys have to do this too or..." I trail off.

"No, I'm just messing with you. I'm Payton and I'm the new team photographer" she smiles and I smile back.

"I'm Jonathan... and you had me scared for a second" I laugh as I rub the back of my neck. I was not expecting that.

"I know who you are, I work here now so I had to do my research. And that's just a little ice breaker I like to do. No offense, but hockey players are not the most comfortable in front of a camera so I usually have to warm you guys up" she jokes.

"Really, I would like to think we are quite photogenic" I tease.

"If you say so... but half of your guys couldn't even stand on the X. I like to line up a joke to loosen the tension, let everyone know we're gonna have some fun today. That line usually works, until someone actually starts to take off his clothes" she rolls her eyes.

"Let me guess... Patrick" I ask.

"Patrick" she laughs.

"Yeah, he's not used to girls turning him down" I say as she comes out from behind the camera. She untucks my jersey from my pants and smiles up at me.

"Sometimes a girl just wants a gentleman" she claims and I smirk down at her. She puts me in a pose before looking me up and down. She puts her hands on her hips and it took everything in me not to replace her hands with mine.

"What is a girl looking for in a gentleman" I wonder.

"She's looking for something new. Not the same old thing, it gets exhausting really. I'm all for having fun but that gets old real fast. She's looking for someone she wants, not someone she needs. She's looking for a change from what she's been through over and over again. She's looking for... true love" she smiles. She goes behind the camera and looks through it.

"Do you want me to smile" I ask.

"Nope, just be yourself" she says and I nod.

"So... where do you think I fall on the gentleman spectrum" I stutter.

"I hardly know you" she claims snapping some pictures.

"Then what do you say you come with me to get to know each other better over lunch, my treat" I say.

"I can more than affford my own meal" she claims.

"I never said you couldn't. But I wanted to give a nice girl something she wants, not something she needs" I say and she smiles. I smile back and she snaps a picture.

"I think I have time for lunch" she says and I couldn't help but smile bigger. She clicks once more before coming out from behind the curtain.

"Alrighty, we're done here" she announces and I become confused.

"We didn't take any pictures" I say.

"I took plenty of pictures, go look for yourself" she says and I walk over to the camera. I look through my pictures and they actually weren't terrible. None of them were and I was surprised. I didn't even know she was going but these are some of the best photos taken of me.

"Wow, you're really good" I admit.

"Thank you, but it's all about the client. You have to make them comfortable through the unnatural situation. You're an athlete, you're not made to stand in front of the camera and try to convince everyone who sees the picture you want to be here. But you are a human and if I can get that to show then I'm actually doing my job. It's about getting a genuine smile instead of a forced one" she claims.

"You make me smile" I start and she stops packing up.

"That's very sweet of you to say" she smiles.

She finishes packing up and I change out of my hockey things into normal people clothes. We meet outside of the room and start to head to the parking lot.

"Where did you want to eat" I ask as she puts her backpack on her back.

"Did someone say eat" Seab's asks and I frown.

"Where the hell did you even come from" I ask.

"Not important, so where are we going" he asks and I start to pout. This was not happening.

"I was going to go somewhere to get to know Payton better" I say pointing to her with my eyes.

"Oh hey Payton! What's up" he asks and I roll my eyes. He knew what he was doing and I wanted to kill him for it.

"Hi Brent" she giggles and I let out a groan.

"So where we going" Brent asks again.

"I dont know where you are going but we're going somewhere you won't be" I insist.

"I don't think one more would kill us" Peyton says.

"Just wait for it..." I trail off.

"Hey! I heard something about lunch, where are we going" Patrick asks and I run my hand down my face.

"Fine! Lets just get some pizza" I yell.

"Giordanos it is" Seabs says and they walk out the door.

"What just happened" Payton laughs and I look down at her.

"Welcome to the team" I laugh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.1K 749 51
Jonathan isn't ready for his life to change. He hates where he is at right now but he doesn't know how to make it better either. Ariana's life chang...
13.4K 307 16
Arianna Westbrook is a New York socialite who decided she wanted... needed a change and to start over somewhere else. With a twist of fate she ended...
27.9K 519 61
Jonathan fell in love with a girl who could never be his. And despite knowing that he still charged his life with her and she shared hers with him. A...
187K 3.9K 66
“I’m in love with you like the moon is in love with the Earth, following it around like a child chasing their hero, controlling the tides of life tha...