Betrayal and the Art of Salva...

By Squibstress

Minerva looks back over a not-so-happy relationship with Albus and comes to some decisions about what she wil... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six

Author's Notes

319 9 2
By Squibstress

The backwards temporal construction of this story was inspired by Howard Pinter's play Betrayal.

Heartfelt apologies to Bryan Adams for the aspersions cast upon his song, "Please Forgive Me". This author finds it a perfectly lovely piece of contemporary music; it's just that she doesn't think Minerva would care much for it.

The other song is, of course, "Where or When", by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart, from their 1937 musical Babes in Arms. The version referred to in this chapter is the one by Peggy Lee and the Benny Goodman trio from 1941.

A few phrases of Gilderoy Lockhart's are lifted verbatim from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 13.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2K 96
(I do not own these characters) Enoch O'Connor has the peculiarity of raising the dead. Olive Abroholos Elephanta has the peculiarity to control fir...
645K 32.5K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
301K 9K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
38.5K 986 24
Annabeth is the daughter of a baker in Athens. Percy is the Prince of Atlantis. There's no way the two of them have ever met before, right? But here'...