Kill [camren soulmates au]

By unreasonablyobsessed

Looking for her soulmate is so tiring. She didn't have a choice. It's to kill or be killed. It's a prophecy s... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Epilogue

Eleven

6.5K 347 205
By unreasonablyobsessed

Camila woke up in the middle of the night. She smiled lovingly at her girlfriend who is snoring softly, blanket rolled over her body. She took a large shirt from the closet. She headed to the kitchen to drink some water. When she came back, Lauren is still fast asleep.

Camila likes her. Like a lot. It isn't the first time Camila dated someone who isn't her soulmate. She had few relationships in the past, that she needed to end when she knows she had to leave.

Lauren is different. Good different. She is stubborn but listens to her. She's dominant and submissive. She's light and darkness. Lauren is everything Camila would like to spend her life with, grow old with, if only she can.

She removed some hair blocking Lauren's face. She kissed Lauren's temple sweetly. She started to plan on how long she can keep Lauren but she didn't dwell on how she have to practically break both their hearts when she had to move again. If only she isn't immortal.

***

"Why?" Camila croaked. She can feel blood flowing out from her chest. She can clearly feel the cold metal piercing her heart.

She stared at the man she deeply loves. The man she thought she'd spend her life with.

"Your true love's heart." He said.

"That's the price of immortality." He continued as he plugged the knife deeper, Camila gasping in pain.

"Tell me." Camila whispered, her eyes getting blurry. "Did you even loved me?"

"I did. I do. I love you so much. But this had been my dream. All my life I had been preparing for this." Alfredo explained.

"Ever since I found out the spell book my grandmother left my father, I knew I was destined for something. But to achieve all of that, I have to be immortal. I need to be immortal."

"The spell?" Camila asked.

"I did that to find out if you're really destined to me. When you told me you got marked, I knew it was you."

Camila felt life slowly leaving her body. She's dying. In the arms of the man she loved the most. Of the man she gave her heart to. A man who's using it to be immortal instead.

"Camila, you are the moon. And I am the sun. We cannot be seen together. And me? I'm destined for greatness. I'm destined to be just like the sun. I'm destined to shine." Alfredo pulled out the knife, causing more blood to gush out.

Of course. True love. Camila wants to be angry with him. But she didn't have the strength to. She accepted her fate. She can make out Alfredo's figure walking away from her. She closed her eyes and waited. She felt sleepy. She let herself go.

-

"The sun." Lauren murmured in her slumber.

"The sun." She repeated.

It took Camila's attention who is currently reading a book beside her. Camila's eyes widened.

"The moon." Lauren mumbled, still perfectly asleep.

"The truth." She snored.

Camila dropped the book and listened intently. Lauren was quiet for a few seconds, then started murmuring.

"Three things." Her breathing pattern remained.

"Cannot long-" Lauren breathed twice.

"Long be hidden." Camila was out of the door the next second Lauren uttered the words.

-

"Dave. Dave. Answer the phone you-"

"Cami. What?"

"I think it's her." She said nervously.

"Yeah yeah you said that too when you-"

"No. It's her. She's the sun."

Dave's eyes widened. He sat up, opening a light beside his bed.

"Who found Chris?" Camila asked.

"One of my men. I-Camila, are you sure about this?"

"Dave, I want Chris' file sent to me now. His last name, address, blood type, even his fucking favorite color. Now." Camila commanded.

"Uh-wait. Let me contact them. I'll make sure the file is emailed to you in thirty minutes."

Camila didn't wait for a goodbye. She hung up. As much as possible, she didn't like to know anything about her soulmates aside from their name. It makes her kill them easier. That's why the book was only labelled by year she killed them, and their first name.

Camila paced back and forth, refreshing her email every couple of seconds. Nothing.

Fuck this can't be happening.

Lauren can't be her.

Ding.

One new email.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

-

Lauren stirred in bed, slightly waking up. She's still naked from their escapade, she was clutching the blanket that's rolled over her body. Her back was facing Camila, and she shivered slightly when she felt the blanket slide. It's being pulled down. She smiled, realizing Camila's removing the white cloth from her body.

Camila pulled the blanket down, gulping nervously. Why is she nervous? Is she seriously wishing for Lauren to be unmarked?

She was startled when Lauren shifted to face her. She's awake.

"Hey baby." Lauren greeted.

"Hey." She cooed, staring at Lauren's messy sex hair. She's so fucking beautiful.

Camila wants to push Lauren to the bed, face down. She wants to get over it. She needs to see every inch of the girl's body. She was surprised when her reason was to prove Lauren isn't marked. She wants to believe Lauren isn't marked.

She didn't try again. She knows she's delaying to know the truth. Prolonging the inevitable. And she'll delay it for a few more hours just to be with the girl she's completely falling in love with.

-

"Do you always sleep talk?" Camila asked casually over breakfast.

"Oh my gosh, I did it, didn't I? I'm so embarrassing." Lauren face-palmed herself.

Camila would find it cute and endearing if she isn't meant to kill this girl. She finds it cute nonetheless, and she wants to slap herself for getting so attached to her.

"It's okay. You're really cute, actually." She admitted.

"My brother would always make fun of me. He said he already memorized every single sentence coming out of my mouth." Lauren chuckled.

"Where is he?" Camila asked.

"I don't know. I was kicked out from our house because uhm-I, well but yeah, I'm not sure where he is. He used to keep in touch with me but then I figured he'd be busy after graduating and everything." Lauren sadly replied.

Camila wants to be sad. She had killed an innocent man again, over this pathetic feud she's having with fate for merely centuries now. She wondered if she should stop. She wondered if Lauren is marked. Will she be able to kill her?

-

The email arrived sooner than promised. Dave didn't stop apologizing. Saying he should have looked for the right person himself. Camila just stared at the file. Her eyes wandered over the address, family members and even his favorite color. He was the closest family member to Lauren. The pull that she felt was coming from Lauren. That explains it. They could have been together when she felt the familiar tug. She just got the nearest guy. Because fuck she didn't thought it'll be another girl this time.

Chris Jauregui. But why do you have a mark?

Camila intends to find out.

***

"Hello. What are you doing here alone?" Karla asked.

"I don't like it inside. I don't like the other kids." the young boy replied.

"How old are you baby?" Karla said as she sat beside him.

"I just turned four." The boy said, offering three fingers up.

"Baby that's just three. Here." Karla smiled, adding another finger using the boy's hand. "That's four."

"Oh. Okay." He smiled. "What's your name? You are very pretty."

"Well, thank you. My name is Karla. What's yours?" She replied.

"My name is David. But I like to be called Dave. That's my nickname."

"Nice meeting you Dave." She smiled.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"I'm here with a friend. He's hosting the charity party." She explained.

"Oh. Okay. Are you married?" He asked innocently.

"No Dave. I'm not."

"I'm gonna marry you when I grow up. Can you wait for me?" He asked, clutching both Karla's hands.

Andreas came out looking for Karla. He smiled seeing the girl interact with kids. He walked over them and sat beside the two.

"Hello." The man is his thirties greeted.

"Hallo." Dave greeted.

"I see you've met my friend Karla." He said.

"You know each other?" Karla asked, confused.

"We do. He's my friend." Dave smiled.

"Oh. He's the friend I'm talking about, too!" Karla said excitedly.

"Andrei I'm gonna marry Karla when I grow up." Dave said proudly.

"Oh will you now?" Andreas smiled. Karla looked at him confused. "He cannot pronounce Andreas so he's calling me Andrei." He explained. Karla nodded.

"Now Dave, I need to speak with Karla for a while. Is it okay if I borrow her?" He asked.

"Of course. Just return her back."

-

"Are you close with your siblings?" Camila asked.

"I used to be." Lauren replied sadly.

"Oh. What happened?"

"My parents kicked me out. I remained in contact with Chris, but Taylor didn't want to talk to me." She said. "I don't really like talking about it." Lauren looked at Camila pleadingly.

"It's okay. I just thought I didn't know much about you." Camila touched her hand.

"I don't know much about you too. Do you have siblings?" She clutched Camila's hand closer.

"I did." Camila pulled her hand back.

"I'm sorry. Uh, let's talk about something else?" Lauren offered.

"Yeah, sure. What do you want to know?"

"David. What's the deal with him?" Lauren asked, obviously jealous. This made Camila smile. She definitely likes a jealous Lauren.

"Dave is like my baby brother." Camila reminisced.

"Baby brother? You're like twenty and he's like twenty-eight?" Lauren asked, confused.

"Well twenty five. But he acts like eighteen so-" Camila chuckled.

"You sure he doesn't like you or anything?"

"He used to." Camila smirked at Lauren.

"Well I think he still likes you."

"He's managing my business. He's supposed to like me." Camila explained.

"Which business?"

"Everything."

"And everything includes-?" Lauren asked, awaiting explanation.

"Well a lot, but I don't want to brag about it." Camila replied, dodging the question.

"And you said we're moving here?"

Camila almost cringe at what Lauren said. They were supposed to be moving in. She's not supposed to get rid of Lauren this fast. How long can she delay the predestined fate?

"Uh, yeah. If you want to, I mean."

"I want to." Lauren smiled lovingly.

***

"I'm adopting Dave." Andreas said.

"He seems like a nice kid. I know Charlotte will love him." Karla smiled.

"I'm planning on preparing him to takeover everything. He's going to take care of you."

"Andreas, you've been faithful to me ever since we met. I owe you a lot. You don't have to do that." Karla said.

"I've met you as Camila. In few years, you are supposed to move and change your name again. And few years after, and after, and after. I want to make sure someone will take care of everything for you when I'm gone." He said, touching Karla's shoulder.

"He likes you. And I know when he grew up, he'll do the same thing for you."

"Thank you Andreas. Thank you for everything."

"No Karla Camila. Thank you for everything." He said, hugging her.

-

"Do you want me to find out if Lauren is marked?" Dave asked.

"No. I'll do that. Give me some time." Camila said.

"You're in love with her." Dave stated, more than asked.

"I'm not. Once I'm sure she's marked, she needs to go. I won't wait until she kills me cold blood." Camila said.

"I'm booking you the next flight back here. I need you near me. You'll need protection."

"Dave, I've been with Lauren for a while now. She hasn't tried anything yet."

"Yet. I won't risk it. Fly back home or I'll fetch you myself."

***

"Hello again." Karla greeted.

"You're back." Dave smiled.

"I am. And I have good news for you." She said.

"Are you marrying me now?" Dave smiled cutely.

"Let's see that baby, okay? But remember Andrei?"

"Yes. He's a nice guy. We are friends."

"Hmm. What would you say if you get to see him everyday?" Karla started.

"Will I get to see you everyday too?"

"You will, baby."

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

885K 19.8K 35
Lauren and Camila have always been best friends, sisters, ROD's, partners in crime and all that good stuff ever since they've met. However many Harmo...
40.2K 1.5K 34
They came from different worlds. Camila was from L.A., and Lauren was from Miami. Camila was coming from a well off family And Lauren was from the av...
620K 10.9K 34
Fifth Harmony were slowly but surely taking the world over with their music. Winning a VMA and having platinum singles felt like they were finally ma...
100K 3.1K 22
"Is she naked because you love her, or do you love her because she's naked" ... After you get your heart broken, your friend Camila from Fifth Harmon...