A Thousand Encounters

By LettingYouIn

He, Disciplined! She, a beautiful chaos! He, Stalwart! She, a wanderer! He, a soldier! Sh... More

Introduction
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter- 25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter- 48
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Hola
Chapter-56
Hello there!!
Chapter-57
Chapter-58
Chapter-59
Chapter - 60
Chapter- 61
Chapter-62
Chapter-63
Chapter-64
Chapter - 65
Chapter-66
Chapter-67
Author's Note

Chapter-53

4.3K 529 245
By LettingYouIn

I guess longest chapter ever.

-----------------------------
"This is crucial for our college's reputation, Nandini," Principal sir pleaded to Nandini. 

"Please," He added for an extra effect. 

Nandini huffed for the hundred time in this conversation which was going on from past 20 minutes. 

"I told you, Sir. I don't care. I am not accepting this internship," Nandini cleared and got off the chair. 

"Please sit down," Principal said a bit dramatically. It wasn't easy to keep her there for that long. 

 "I seriously don't want to pose a threat here," He added and Nandini glared him. His room was nothing less than cheap gamble room which was dark and dull. It was past 8 and Nandini was still stuck there. 

Last two days were next level definition of hell for her. Things were shaping up quite bad. She was at her weakest and there was no one who was sparing her. 

"I would not like to hold back your result and ruin your hard work of three years," Principal said finally letting go of pleading tone. 

Nandini bit inside of her cheek taming her anytime-could-explode anger. 

"You are forgetting, Sir, that nobody can hold back result of anyone for no bloody reason," Nandini spoke like a resourceful girl. She never in her weirdest dream had thought she would be fretting over a degree and how an average student like her would be threatened over it. 

"Not for a badass," Principal said with a simper as he dived in his chair. 

"You have quite a list here..times you have screwed up, Nandini. Like how you didn't show up half of year last session and how you behaved with one of your professor's over an assignment. I am sure you have got a weak case here," He said hinting at her bad record. 

"Try me and look how weak my case is," Nandini said not getting intimidated by that actorly warning. 

Getting up, she straightened her loose shirt and turned around to leave the dark room. 

"I am not trying to scare you kid," Principal's severe tone made her halt in her place. 

"You are just an average student in batch of 300 final year students and believe me no professor of yours is going to write you a testimonial. Don't ruin it for yourself and us. Think about it," He added gravely. 

Nandini heard the unnerving jerk speak his sadist mind and then stormed out of his office. 

___________________

"Not allowed," Officer in charge informed Manik as Manik stood at counter impatiently to get permission letter to go out this weekend. 

Manik gaped the man in disbelief hoping how he was joking about it. 

"I don't get it, Sir," He mumbled and officer scowled at him. 

"Don't block the counter and let the next cadet come," Officer said. Manik shifted a bit giving one of his seniors place to correspond over the counter. 

"Cleared," Officer informed the other cadet and Manik's brows scrunched witnessing an utter bullshit taking place. 

"But I did compete all my penalty tasks pretty fine, you can ask Major Khan," Manik spoke a bit louder than he had thought. 

"Questioning order is another violation. I hope you know, cadet," Officer said trying to warn Manik enough. 

"Now please leave the counter and let others come," He spoke irately and Manik left the place totally feeling a wreck in his mind. 

His steps vouched for his irritation as he walked in corridor. He didn't know what was going on but whatever it was, it was some plotting. Someone was plotting against him and her. He had completed all his tasks sincerely honoring the words of Colonel but now he couldn't see sense in it. 

"What's wrong, young man?" Harshad asked Manik as he joined him in his anger-march. 

"I have been calling and chasing you since minutes. Where are you lost?" Harshad said wrapping his arm around Manik's stiff neck. 

"I am in no mood to talk, Harshad. Leave me alone," Manik's voice had curt clarity. Harshad knew it very second how something was off with his guy. 

"You didn't get consent, did you?" Harshad guessed the obvious. 

"I said leave me alone for sometime. There is no need of you knowing everything all the time. Stop being a gossip-monger," Manik snapped irrationally. Harshad halted in his place. His temper had shot for sky for sure but then he knew it wasn't the time. He kept looking at Manik's disappearing figure with a frown. 

_____________________

Mrs Singh served Colonel dinner and took the seat next to him. Dining area was mildly lit and silence was suiting the set up. 

"How's your knee now?" Colonel Singh asked his wife to start a conversation. 

"Still paining," She answered as she got up to refill the water jug. 

"I am sorry I am just so busy these days and couldn't even accompany you to orthopedist," Colonel said guiltily. He didn't hear his lovely wife returning any word. She came back with water and sat quietly to finish her food. 

It was routine since few days. She had stopped talking to him ever since he had become someone she didn't know. She finished her meal in peace and disappeared for few minutes till she returned with her overcoat. 

"Don't forget to put the dishes in basin. I am going for a walk," Mrs Singh informed collecting her gloves from counter. 

"Wa..wait," Colonel spoke irately. He was hurt, it was an understatement. 

"Let me finish, Sahiba. I am almost done," He said almost stuffing last bite into his mouth. 

"I don't get this cold war," He mumbled putting the dishes in basin. He looked at his wife who was standing at door with her arms folded across her chest. Her eyes were gazing the night lawn. He mumbled some inaudible accuses before he walked to the door. 

Their stroll ended up being another sting. It was painfully quiet and cold. Sahiba's steps were precise even though her knee hurt pretty bad. She had a message in everything she does these days. Her husband had proved to be a paradox. She was somewhat doubtful that's why God didn't give them kids. She had overthought and she guessed she had reasons. Colonel was mercilessly cruel with Manik and Nandini. He had turned the whole scenario into a war-zone. She couldn't believe how he was behaving that ruthless with girl whom he had cradled in arms as a child. 

"You are taking it too far, Sahiba," Her husband's absurd words brought her out of her thoughts. 

"I am sure," She replied curtly. 

"Why can't you understand that I am doing it for both of them," He said tiredly. 

"Really?" Sahiba asked sardonically. Her chuckle pricked Colonel's heart. 

"Of course yes. Manik has a future ahead of him and mind it..mind it how he has nothing and no one beyond this service. He will have to take his aim seriously rather than becoming a prey of cheap tricks of Madhav," Colonel spoke fervently. 

"So we are having another round of your bullshit theories, Sardar ji. He could have someone of his own if you stop being a villain in his simple story. Why don't you accept it once and for all that it's your big fat ego which is clouding your heart," Sahiba argued sharply. Her steps hastened and Colonel got worried for her hurt knee. 

"This is bullshit. I can't believe that's how you see it," Colonel was furious as well. 

"I am simply doing it to keep him out of trouble. Madhav would ruin his career, I know. This little infatuation would cost Manik his commission," He said believing in it genuinely. 

"And what about Nandini?" Sahiba asked. 

"That girl regards you so much and you spoke so ill of her to her father. What's her fault in it?" She demanded lividly. 

"I told you that I said all that in heat of moment. I never meant those words. Stop making me a villain here when I am not. If anyone is villain here, that is Madhav Murthy," Colonel was out to defend himself to end. 

Sahiba stopped and turned around finally to meet eyes of her unreasonable husband. Colonel's face blanked instantly as she peeped into his eyes. 

"You are an equal wrong, Singh," She told gravely. Both didn't spoke but kept looking at each other in utter fury. 

_______________

Manik had found himself a dark and quiet place since last one hour. He was sitting on doorstep of a closed room. No one wandered there at this hour and that was all he needed. He needed to calm himself so that he could produce something sensible to tackle the situation. He and anger weren't best of pals. He didn't know when was the last time ire had caused this much turbulence to him. He sighed deep not wanting to keep fanning his fury. His ears caught bits of some heated argument and his eyes instinctively roamed to find the source. He found vague glimpse of a couple walking in garden. He looked closely and realized it was Colonel Singh and his wife. Manik's eyes relaxed and he rose to his feet. They were heading towards him and he found it right to talk what was eating his mind. 

"You are an equal wrong, Singh"

Manik's words stopped in his throat as he heard Mrs Singh talk so furiously. He had become an audience of their argument unnecessarily. Manik moved to leave and that's when couple broke their heated eye-lock. 

"Manik"

Mrs Singh's call made him turn around. She was looking at him worriedly. Colonel had a hard expression on his face. 

"You fine, son?" She asked walking towards him. Manik smiled even when his mind was racing the horses of restlessness. She was always like a mother to him. 

"I am fine, Ma'am," Manik replied and then stole a glance of Colonel Singh. He was looking at soil beneath and looked to be in some thought. 

"Sir," He called not ignoring the call of his heart. 

Colonel looked at him at once and found something very strong but new in Manik's eyes. That boy was always courteous no matter what shit was thrown on him. But that day, his eyes held something else..maybe questions. 

"Yes," Colonel replied anyway. 

"I want to ask something," Manik formed his words sincerely. 

"Go ahead," Colonel allowed even when his mind was screaming against it. 

"Why won't I get consent to go out even when I have performed all my tasks good?" Manik asked and Colonel was fearing how this question was coming since he had told Major Khan to hold back Manik's rights to go out on weekends. 

Manik's eyes kept demanding answers while Colonel looked pale. 

"Answer that, Colonel Singh," Sahiba asked sardonically. Her face was twitched painfully hearing innocent query of Manik. 

"I am not going to answer anyone anything. If you have some problem with my decision, Cadet, Meet me in office hours instead of disturbing me in off hours," Colonel replied and Manik's face hardened. 

"Come on, Singh," Sahiba interrupted the confident Colonel. 

"Why don't you tell him the reason so that he gets to know why he is being treated unfairly," She added frenzied.

Manik's veins tightened around his head as he heard that. Wasn't he assuming right?

"Sahiba," Colonel was stern and clear. 

"No, I would like you to man up and reveal your real plan behind holding him a prisoner in your damned kingdom," She was unmoved. 

"What are you talking about Ma'am?" Manik asked just to clear last few strands of doubt. 

"It's nothing, Cadet Malhotra. You are not allowed to question orders and strolling around the campus after 9 is another breach. Return to your dorm NOW," Colonel barked taking out his frustration on Manik. 

"Sir," He replied straightening himself. Manik's mind was on fire for some reason. His doubts were taking shape with each passing second that how Colonel was keeping him away from Nandini. And this thought was making him weak...weak of a kind where he would give in to anger he was feeling. 

"You must return back to dorm now," Colonel commanded and Manik complied. 

"Manik"

Sahiba again called and Manik halted in his steps. 

"Every cadet here has rights, son. Just remember that," She spoke even when she knew less about COC. Living with a colonel husband had some perks. Manik nodded and left. Colonel was shocked, it was an understatement. He was beyond baffled listening his own wife instigating a cadet of his. 

"Good night, Mr Singh," He heard his wife speak before she walked back to their cottage. 

Colonel Singh kept standing there for minutes trying to apprehend what was going on. 

_________________________

Nandini walked in closed market wearing her hoodie. White mist which her mouth exhaled looked amusing to her amid a violent inner turmoil. Every night after they hadn't met was colder than the previous one. Entering the phone booth, she dialed a number which ran in front of eyes almost every minute now. It rang while she waited patiently. 

"Hello"

"May I speak to Manik Malhotra?" 

A silence swayed before call got disconnected. It was a routine now. Whenever she called academy and asked for Manik, officer on other side disconnected the call. 

A sad smile played on Nandini smile and that was hint of a storm which was going to take the world down very soon. Nandini's eyes damped unknowingly as she tried to inhale as much as cold so that she could ease the pain down. It was painful without him. Steering her jeep towards her house, she thought about another day without him. 

Things had changed for worst. She had slapped the night guard at academy other day and authorities there called the cops. Nandini wasn't troubled but she was bothered why Uncle Singh didn't show up. Uncle Singh didn't allow her in, she was still unable to digest it. Her father bailed her out of situation and that brought a series of curses along. Her family had one more reason to dislike her now. And mind it...their dislike always came up with a trade. They thought she minded...so they tried to set a deal every time so that she could repay the debt of their favors. Nandini gulped the remaining of beer and threw the bottle on back seat. 

Parking the jeep, she walked to her house where giggles were trying to ooze out. She could hear another drama building inside. Opening the door, she handed her hoodie to servant who came running to greet the rebel princess. Nandini could see her family sitting at dining table with some guests. 

"Nandini," Her mother elated seeing her daughter home. 

"Come here, sweetheart," She added and Nandini sighed. Her mother was being sweet ever since she had stopped seeing Manik. These people had lived believing how out of sight was out of mind. 

"Mr Samuel is here," Her mother whispered as she held her hand to take her to table. Nandini could see Renesh smiling at her. Her teeth tightened against each other, she didn't know why. He was the topic which was making her life hell, he was the person who was creating chaos in her life by just being there. 

"Hey Nandini," Renesh walked to her while Nandini was busy murdering him in her thoughts. He leaned in and hugged her slightly before she could back off. 

Nandini glared him as soon as he withdrew. Since when they had shared any bond where he could feel that free to come and hug her, her eyes shot some daggers. Renesh did get uncomfortable with her angry gaze. 

"Have a seat, Nandini," Mr Murthy interrupted and Nandini looked at busy table. Her brother was talking to one of Renesh's business associates. Daadu was busy talking to Aunt Aparna. There was an empty chair beside Daadu, maybe it was left alone for her. Nandini could feel her lungs contracting painfully. She couldn't breathe, she knew. Suffocation was taking over her mind. Daadu looked at her amid a hearty laugh and his face lost its curve as soon as he read her pale face. Nandini's eyes dampened with strange agony as she looked at her daadu. She couldn't breathe anymore in that toxic air, she knew. Without wasting another second, she turned around and ran upstairs. Her each pore was stinging all she knew. She needed to be away from all of them. Her will gave up as soon as she reached her room. She let out a cry which was strangling her throat till now. Crying her heart out, she didn't debar herself from the relief she needed. She needed to let it out. 

______________________

"Open the door, Nandu," Rishi pleaded for nth time as she knocked her room. His ear was set to door as he tried to hear her out. 

A worried and guilty Daadu was standing behind him. Aparna was beside him trying to console him. 

"It's all my fault," Daadu admitted and sat on chair in aisle. His shoulders dropped as he stared his own boots.

"Stop blaming yourself, Dad," Aparna said caressing his shoulders. 

"I failed her. I wasn't there when she needed me the most," Daadu's voice was full of remorse. 

"Nandiniiiiii," Rishi called out putting a deaf ear to Daadu's words. He needed to make sure if she was fine. Everything else could wait.

Nandini was lying on her stomach staring at wall of her room. She guessed downpour was gone. She hated being this weak but she realized sometimes it gets too much. She never in life had experienced this ached and now when she did, it was for a boy living in a cell where she was debarred from. 

Voices of her family faded after some minutes. She guessed they gave up. She was glad. She didn't want to see anyone at that moment. She didn't need anyone but him. She didn't want anyone but him. Nothing could do it for her but him. 

"Manik"

She murmured his name and pain in heart immediately lessened. 

____________________________

"No call," Officer assured an anxious Manik who had gone to admin office as first thing in morning to ask if there was any call for him. 

Manik's restlessness couldn't hike any further. It was already on peak. His heart was foreboding something, he didn't know what was wrong. 

He walked out of office and walked absentmindedly towards mess. Entering the area, he looked at his friends who were behaving quite strange since morning. Manik didn't know what was wrong. He had hardly had any tab how rude he was with them since past few days. He was too distracted to keep a record. He took seat next to Harshad. Serving himself breakfast, he quietly finished it and left. 

"What's wrong with him?" Samit said as soon as Manik left the room. 

"I guess everything," Harshad mumbled. He was worried for him. 

"I think we should talk to him," Samit suggested and Harshad frowned. 

"He won't tell," He was sure. 

_____

It was last day of freaking seminar which had turned entire life of Nandini upside down. She was relieved for sure. She took the last seat as always and waited for the damned day to pass somehow. She would be free from tomorrow onward and she could find a thousand ways to break into Military academy, she was sure. She knew she couldn't do it without his warmth any further. 

Lecture started, presentations kept sliding one by one, clock ticked every hour as if doing the paperwork right. Nandini rubbed her eyes as one last lecture for the day was about to begin. She was never this patient in her life. She was sure she would survive it without screwing it for herself. 

"Now I would like to welcome guest of the day. He is golden man. He is the man who is pride of this town. He is the mind behind this seminar and we couldn't be more proud to call him on stage and have a hearty talk with us," Principal spoke buttering the bread right. Nandini let out a tired chuckle at old man. He was one pain in ass.  Nandini shook her head as she leaned into her chair. 

"Please welcome the brain behind this collaboration, Mr Madhav Murthy, Chairman of Murthy Enterprises," Hall got filled with clamor while Nandini's spine rose with an unknown fear. Her face turned a bit whiter as she saw her father walking to stage. She was right all this time. He was the mind behind all this drama. All of the pain she went through in past few days was his plan. Her teeth tightened in agony and eyes spoke a thousand words as she saw her father taking all the appreciation with smile she hated. His eyes met hers, he knew all this while. That principal was harassing her on his command. She glared him and his face turned stern. 

"Thank you all," He started with charming speech of his. 

"I am so honored with all the love. And more than that I am honored because all of you made this seminar a success by participating in it so wonderfully. I can't tell how proud I am," He spoke earning another round of applaud from students sitting there. He was a God to all those aspirants there, it was truth. He was a villain to his own daughter, that was another truth. 

His speech kept going on while Nandini fought with herself. She knew it and she still became puppet of his hands. She knew it he was up to something and she still fell short. 

"There are five students from this college who are chosen by committee to work with Samuel Enterprises as intern for a year," He declared and clamor deafened Nandini's ears. She could see end of this hellhole. She was about to  end it. 

"....and Nandini Murthy," Last name earned a dull applaud and Nandini chuckled shaking her head. Her father looked at her and instantly his confidence faded away. His face turned scared and she made sure he had reasons. 

Raising her hand, she waited to get noticed. Tilting her head, she made sure her father gets to know today what was real meaning of wrath. 

"Yes, Ms Murthy," One of committee members acknowledged Nandini's call. Silence immediately engulfed the hall as everyone turned around to see what was the say of spoiled brat. Everyone gazed Nandini with new found envy. She was on that list just because she was daughter of Madhav Murthy. Little did they know, that list was there because of her. 

"Don't you think the list is a little unfair?" She spoke and murmurs filled the hall. Getting up, she stretched her arms. 

Her father scowled at her as she descended the seminar hall. 

"What do you mean Ms Murthy?" Principal asked taking a step ahead. 

"I mean I strongly object one name on that list," She said loudly to earn more murmurs from innocent lookers-by. 

"I mean how could a girl like Nandini Murthy can be on that list when a Sneha Aggarwal is sitting here with 90% marks. I mean there is no comparison," She spoke and many faced shone in audience. Sneha who had her head hung low because of not getting selected looked up with newly found hope. 

"Did you people select Nandini Murthy because she is daughter of THE Madhav Murthy?" She said turning towards her father who had stoned to his place. He had brought it on himself. 

Hall which was murmuring till now started to roar. Revolution was on cards. 

Renesh rushed to Nandini and held her forearm tightly. Yanking her closer with a straight face, he brought her ear close to his mouth. 

"What are you doing, Nandini?" He said through his teeth. 

"He is your father," He tried to remind the rebel princess. 

Nandini pushed him away. 

"Don't ever touch me again like that," She warned lowly. 

Renesh's face turned redder as he looked around to find some people gaping him. 

"Guess what my dear students," She said turning around facing her batch-mates. Their face had less hate for her now. She was glad. None liked her ever since she had come to this college. Reason was obvious. Everyone thought she was favored. Though she was naturally disasterous for her father to bail her out every time.  

"Nandini Murthy cannot be on that list because she hasn't earned it," She declared and now the same clamor which had pleased her father pained his ears. 

"Mr Murthy gotta do the justice," She said and looked at her angry father. Not caring about anything else, she stormed outside leaving a demanding crowd. 

Air now was much lighter. She could feel how she could breath without weights on her lungs. 

_______________________

Manik walked inside Colonel's office and saw him engulfed in some work. It was around 6 and Manik almost waited 2 hours to see colonel. Peon said colonel was busy. Truth was something very different. Colonel was avoiding this meeting but Manik was stubborn. 

"Sit down," Colonel said and Manik took the chair. 

"So what was so important?" Colonel asked meeting Manik's eyes. Boy had turned a shade darker overnight. 

"I need permission to go out this weekend, Sir," Manik put forward his concern. 

"Do I look like a clerk to you? Go ask admin office," Colonel spoke curtly. 

"They said you have asked them to keep my right to go out even when I have completed the tasks given to me as penalty," Manik carved each word with thorough sincerity. He was sure he won't let it go now. He needed to get out and see her. He was sure he would go mad if he didn't see her. 

"Then follow the orders, cadet," Colonel asked carelessly going through his file. He heard Manik huffing and raised his eyes to see an utterly uncomfortable Manik. 

"You may leave now," Colonel said but Manik didn't move. 

"I would like to know, Sir, why I cannot go out when everyone else can who was on that list," Manik asked sharply still trying to tame his anger. 

"Because I said so," Colonel barked and glared Manik. 

"This is no monarchy," Manik mumbled audible enough for colonel to catch it. 

"This is. I can rusticate you for having spoken like this to me, you know that, right?" Colonel asked curtly. 

"Get out before I kick you," Colonel braked. 

Manik left the door with a thud and walked away as fast as he could. His feet ached as he kept walking until he reached end of corridor. His veins were about to explode and mind could loose it any moment. 

Yelling the frustration out, He punched the wall in front of him. Harshad and Samit who had followed him looked at each other in utter worry. They needed Manik to talk somehow. 

__________________________

"Come down, you little brat," Mr Murthy yelled as soon as he entered the house. 

"Nandini Murthy, get your butt here right now," He yelled again leaving no space for time to even work. An afraid Mrs Murthy came out and saw her husband fuming in anger. 

"What happened?" She asked afraid. 

Mr Murthy didn't answer but throw his tie in some corner of hall. His eyes impatiently roamed around the staircase. 

Daadu and Rishi too walked out hearing the mad man. 

"What's the matter?" Daadu asked uncertain. Mrs Murthy shook her head in ignorance feebly. 

Door of Nandini's room opened and she looked down. Her father looked at her and advanced towards the stairs. Mrs Murthy gasped at violence in her husband's vibe. She could see something worst coming. 

"Do you think it was funny what you did back there in college?" Mr Murthy asked stepping on first step. 

Nandini folded the arm of her oversize sweater and descended the first step. 

 "Get down here, you little piece of shit," He yelled as he undid button of his shirt's sleeve. 

"Dad"

"Madhav"

Objections floated in air as he said that. 

Nandini curled her toes seeing this version of her father. She wasn't afraid but was surely unsure. She climbed down the stairs and reached the spot where her father was. 

"Do you really think what you did back there was acceptable?" Mr Murthy asked getting a tight grip of Nandini's arm. 

Nandini didn't hiss but it did pain. Her mother's gasp touched her ears while a hand gripped her father's hand to undid that tight clasp. Daadu was infuriated least to say. 

"What's wrong with you, Madhav?" Daadu yelled at his son while Mr Murthy didn't took his eyes off Nandini. Nandini too stared back into those angry eyes. 

"What's wrong with me?" Mr Murthy yelled at Daadu and then took one cruel step towards Nandini. Rishi came in between while Mrs Murthy held her husband's arm to stop him from doing something irredeemable. 

"She insulted me in front of entire college and you are asking me what is wrong?" Mr Murthy yelled without breaking his angry gaze off Nandini. 

"Do you even know what it takes to build a reputation...a name?" He asked pushing Rishi away to reach that little figure who was standing tallest in that room. 

"How would you know...you hardly know what it takes to be without being a Murthy..." He spoke bitterly. It was a lie that words didn't prick Nandini's heart. 

"You privileged brat..." He was beyond furious. 

"Madhav," Daadu yelled yet again to tame his son who had never been this angry on anyone. 

"She in middle of entire college questioned my integrity," Mr Murthy barked while Daadu looked at Nandini to get a grip on matter. 

"I didn't say a lie," Nandini finally retorted.  

"My name on that list was your big plan to get me out of here," She replied infernally.

"Just because you wanted me away from Manik," She said the truth loud enough for her deaf father to hear. 

"Yes, I wanted you away from that piece of junk,"  Her father admitted and Nandini was no more guilty of whatever she did. 

"It is never gonna happen. You get that, Madhav Murthy," She yelled in his face while Mr Murthy's hand raised to slap her. She closed her eyes but his hand never touched her cheek. She opened her eyes to see her father looking at her with this unknown blank. His hand was in air. Everyone in room looked to be out of breath as they looked at them. 

"Fine," He spoke after taking two or three deep breaths. His face could tell something big was coming Nandini's way. 

"You want him in your life...you cannot have us in your life then," Mr Murthy put the mindless proposition in front of her. Nandini's eyes floated trying to understand her father's words. 

"I don't want a daughter who has brought nothing but dirt to my name. I don't want this girl in my house," He declared. Mrs Murthy seemed to lose ground beneath her feet as she heard her husband say the bullshit. 

"What are you saying?" She asked but Mr Murthy didn't reply. 

"She thinks life is a joke, right? Get out of here," He barked and Nandini didn't realize when a lone tear escaped her eyes. She knew her father hated her but she didn't know what she thought was right all this time. 

"You think life is a cakewalk? You are nothing without this name. All this perks and privileges which you enjoy is because you are my daughter. A daughter who cannot listen to me and can go to any extent to insult her own father, she is no longer needed here. Get out of here," Mr Murthy barked doing the damage so irrevocable.  Anger had blinded him and he was unaware how he was kicking out his own daughter. Nandini's cheeks were wet for some reason and she hated herself. 

"You'll never see my face in this house ever again, Mr Murthy," Her words came out broken as she said that. 

She didn't think twice after that and stormed towards her room. Standing there for a minute or two, she let her ears feel less hot. Insult was too empowering. 

Wearing her shoes, she leaned to pick up key of her jeep but her father's words echoed in her ears and she questioned herself if she had any self-respect left. She couldn't take anything which belonged to him. 

Banging the door behind, she descended the stairs one last time. 

"Nanduu" Daadu who was trying to ascend stairs held her hand. Rishi who was trying to knock some sense into his father's skull left the impossible task in middle and rushed to stop Nandini. 

"He is angry, that's it," Daadu tried to cajole his little girl. 

"This is just stupid fight, tell her Madhav," His voice was breaking with thought of losing his granddaughter. 

Mr Murthy didn't speak anything but kept staring into nowhere. 

"Stop her, please," Mrs Murthy pleaded to her husband," It's pitch dark outside."

Everything was in vain. neither Mr Murthy flinched nor Nandini. 

Nandini walked out of house while Daadu kept begging her to stay. 

"Please," Daadu broke down and Nandini couldn't take it any longer. Her chin wobbled and she hugged her old man as tight as she could. She couldn't see him crying ever. 

Kissing his forehead like she always did, she whispered, "I love you and will always do. I promise I will be fine. Please don't stop me, Daadu."

Daadu who had apparently lost hold over his emotions kept looking at her pale face. She was ached, he knew. He knew how she was just little girl who pretended to be strong when she wasn't. 

"I promise I will be fine," She said again and got rid of Daadu's tight hold. Turning around, she walked away as fast as she could. She couldn't risk to look back at weak figure of her daadu. She couldn't see him that feeble. 

______________________________

"I owe you, brother," Manik hugged Harshad for third time while Harshad clicked his lips in annoyance. 

"You are wasting time, Manik," Harshad said irately.

"Go now," He said holding the wooden log for Manik. Manik looked past Harshad to find Samit watching the back of both of them. His friends had managed to get him speak and now were helping him elope to meet Nandini. 

As Manik climbed the wall, he looked at Harshad gratefully. 

"Don't worry, I will sleep on your bed tonight. No one will know," Harshad promised while Manik didn't know what did he do to get such a friend. He smiled and jumped off the wall. 

Harshad looked back and smiled at Samit. They had finally helped their friend and they couldn't be happier about it. 

Things had apparently taken a strange kink. They have said it right...don't push it too far...you never know they grow the wheels beneath their feet. 

A new chapter was about to unfold...a homeless princess and a dorm-bound prince. Way to go...

____________

Unedited*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Old Love By Kai Mike

Mystery / Thriller

255 13 6
❗Important ❗ 1:this story talk about "Army"stuff so if you aren't Army so i think these doesn't fit you 2: this story in it some ↓ # Romantic🌹✨ # Ac...
His Kryptonite. By Nqaba_

Mystery / Thriller

289 11 14
As the villainous antagonist secretly lives out his fantasy, will he be stopped by her one true love? Or will she lay wavering in the storm?
11.8K 98 20
Stories about the misadventures of Harry and yn and other characters in between!!!!! Some with fluff, others angst or grim. But enjoy anyway!!!
464 92 42
A Rollercoaster Of Love!