Stroked

By seeyouinf0rever

A small baby was dropped off at heaven's doorstep with nothing but a symbol on it's ankle and a necklace with... More

Stroked
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 8

39.7K 1.1K 237
By seeyouinf0rever

Chapter 8

Ariel

"So we have to go through a portal in New York City to get to the wizards?" I questioned.

"I think that is what we established." Caelum answered.

"Then we have to find the Sorcery Society, the wizards who run everything wizard related?"

"Correct."

"Yet we have no idea what so ever where they are." It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

"Affirmative."

"What about my dark aura? Once they sense it, one wizard is going to say Avada Kedavra and we'll be dead."

"If my assumption is precise, you can hide your dark aura."

"Um how? I've never done that before." I told him.

"Truth to be told, I do not know, but if you want to help the angels then you need to try." he said.

"Not now though. If you forgot we are in the centaur castle library still waiting for the bloody horses to get their hooves over here."

Caelum chuckled his rich laugh and I wanted to melt. Why is he gay? It isn't even fair! It's always the hot ones that like dicks instead of chicks. 

"Of course I didn't forget. You can try right before we go through the portal."

"And if I fail to conceal my aura?"

A grim look came on his handsome human-form face (he had shifted once we were in the library), "Not an option."

I sighed, "No pressure there."

A static noise filled the air before, "The centaurs are here. The King is inviting you to join them and explain the situation." a soft male voice rang through the intercom, definitely the voice of a servant. It clicked off signaling we were alone again. 

Inhaling a deep breath, I walked out without Caelum behind me.

"I'll just stay here. I don't want anyone to see me in human form and I don't think they will be too pleased to have a giant dragon breathing down their back, sweetheart." he said, his breath hot on my neck. I barely suppressed a shudder.

"Okay." I choked out before practically sprinting out. I stepped over a lot of rubble and destroyed furniture as I made my way to the king's throne room.

I wasn't surprised when I didn't feel an ounce of guilt seeing all the destruction Caelum and I caused. Shouldn't I feel guilt? 

Before entering the room I took a few calming breathes. My heart was still racing from when Caelum called me sweetheart.

I felt pathetic. This has to stop now, before it has barely even started. I can't develop more feelings for him. I'm on a mission and I need to prioritize. 

I entered the King's throne room and there stood four centaurs (not including the King). They were all male and radiated great power - but it didn't compare to the King's (or mine). Their horse bodies were all different colors: silver, black, gold, and copper.

Behind them stood the King in all his white-horse glory.

As soon as I entered, all the centaurs present sort of stumbled back, probably because of my dark aura.

"Only four ponies? I think we're going to need more then that." I said, smirking. You know the way wolven/werewolves get angry when their called dogs or mutts? Or how vampires dislike being called leeches? Yeah, that's how centaurs get when their called ponies.

All four of them scowled. The king however remained unfazed. Although they were trying to look un afraid the dark air around me was definitely affecting them.

"Ariel, meet my dukes - Duke Samuel, Ramon, Gamond, and Ian, meet Ariel, she is Archangel Daniel Angelo's daughter."

When he said angel, I didn't miss how all four of them stiffened. Whoever said everyone likes angels is clearly delusional!

"Cool. So why exactly do I need to speak with them?" I asked, even though I had a vague idea why. Sometimes you have to prompt people to get them to say what you want to hear. 

"To summon men from each of their territories it is common courtesy to inform them, and well almost ask permission. Of course I'm the King so I do not need permission but it is rather courteous to apprise them. Now could you please explain the condition in heaven." he said, arrogance flowing through his words. He sounded like he was having a power struggle with himself. Plus he said heaven like it was a curse word. What is there problem? The Great War was like five hundred years ago! What is it with people and holding grudges? 

You should know.

"Right. Well I know you're unaware but heaven and hell have been at war for a while. Unfortunately, hell is winning at the moment. There objective is to kill God and perhaps venture into the spirit world and kill the spirits. Of course, there's the Greek Gods but I really have no idea what their doing at the moment. Anyway, the angels need help. I was charged with the task of coming to Earth and summoning allies to help." I explained, "So we need you to send as many centaurs as possible through some portal the King has from the Great War and go to heaven to aid the angles in the war."

They had huge frowns on their faces, "What would our recompense be? Explain the rationale."  copper-horse guy asked.

"Well copper horse dude, your reward would be not dying. We are not quite sure what would happen if all the Gods and spirits were killed but we think after that the demons will take over the world. I doubt they would want foals in their way. In other words, if we don't defeat them they are going to kill you all." I stated, bluntly.

"How do we know your not a demon yourself? This could be a contrivance. Explain the dark ambience bounding you." They need to chill out with the big words..

Okay, I really didn't have an explanation for that. Should I tell them how I was adopted? Would he believe me? Maybe they can talk to Daniel or something.

I sighed, "I am not actually Daniel's daughter."

"I knew i-"

"Let me explain." I cut of the silver horse, "They found me on heaven's doorstep. I was just a little baby. I was bare except for a necklace with my name on it." And a tattoo, I thought to myself.

"Daniel saw me and the Elders sensed I was an angel. Yes, I was different after all as you can feel there is some sort of negative energy around me but I was and still am an angel. So he adopted me and raised me like I was his own. Due to the war, he never really had time to look into my dark aura so we don't know how it's there or why."

All of them had a rather perplexed and overwhelmed expression on their faces. I guess it is a lot of information.

"So will you send help?" I asked, a little rudely. Then I realized if they said no we were fried wings so I added, "Please." almost hopefully. It was my first time saying please in my entire life and it felt weird coming out of my mouth. Desperate times call for desperate measures?

"Wait a minute! The King already said yes! You have to send people!" I exclaimed, momentarily relieved.

"We can choose how many of our men we send. We need to adjudicate. Give us several minutes." black-horse answered.

"Okay." I answered grumpily.

"Ariel, may I have a word with you please. In private." the King requested.

I nodded and followed him out to the hallway. "I really hope we can trust you. We do not want a repeat of The Great War." he said, almost vulnerably.

"I'm telling the truth." I told him.

"I really hope so." he muttered, "Where's your dragon?"

"Still in the library. I don't think having a giant dragon next to me would make them send more centaurs."

"Fair enough. He is quite the dragon. Well, we should get back in. Hopefully they've come to their decision."

We went back into the room. The dukes were all standing next to each other.

"In total we will be sending five hundred centaurs. One hundred twenty five from each region. That's it." the gold one told me.

My lip twitched the slightest bit, that was way more then expected.

"Thanks." I said for the first time in my life. 

Daniel would be so proud.

______________________________________________________

"Hey Daniel." I said through the phone.

"Hi Ariel." he answered, sounding stressed, once again he didn't tell me to call him dad.

"The centaurs are sending five hundred to heaven." I told him.

"Really? That's good." he said happily, already sounding less stressed, "I am so proud of you Ariel! I admit, I had my doubts but you did it! They're coming through their portal, right?"

When he said he was proud of me I felt sort of lighter. He had never said that before.

"Yes, they are guy-who-raised-me."

He laughed, "Finally! But Ariel?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't get too confident yet. While five hundred centaurs is an accomplishment it won't have a massive impact on the war. We need even more allies. The demons seem to be getting stronger by the day." 

"Alright." I said, "I know what I have to do."

"Good. How's the dragon?"

"Oh just fine." I answered, thinking of our almost kiss and his stupid, stupid, confession.

"That's good. I have to go. Good luck with the wizards! I love you."

He didn't say I-love-you very often. Maybe because I didn't like when he said it or I wasn't lovable. Probably the latter.

So when he did say it, it seemed sort of strange. But nice too.

"Bye." I answered, before hanging up.

I carefully put my phone back in the bag, not letting the wind take it away.

I was in the air again, on Caelum's back.

"We're going to New York City, baby! The city that never sleeps!" I yelled over the wind, fist pumping the air.

'Yes, yes. Hold on very tight Ariel, I'm about to turn right.' Caelum said in my mind. This time though I was used to his deep, sexy voice.

"If you wanted me to feel you up so badly, you could have just asked." I teased but still held on tighter.

'I'm gay, remember?' he said, his voice sounding very strained, 'I'm not attracted to you.'

How could I forget, Caelum?

Even though I already knew he wasn't attracted to me like that it still stung.

I didn't reply, though, and just enjoyed the ride to The Big City.

_____________________________________________________

A/n:

This chapter was sort of boring. Sorry. Hope it wasn't too bad. 

So yayyyy they're sending centaurs... I'm letting you know now, they are going to be the easiest to negotiate with.  Making the wizards help will be much more exciting, I promise, and soon more characters will be introduced. 

Oh and some possible romance in the air, very soon. Probably. Maybe. I think so. Only if you want.

Dedicated to @animallover1300 for her comment on this chapter. You go Animal Lover 1300! *says it like Damien when he pretends to be the Santa guy and gives Glen Coco no candy canes in Mean Girls*

Thanks for reading. 

Love,

Indie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

869 39 45
Kids are such a joy aren't they. You know 2 grandkids of Lucifer with 2 more on the way, 2 hardheaded smartasses that came from king dumbass himself...
55K 1.1K 32
"I'll make a deal with you"I said smiling sadisticly and slowly walking towards him. "wh-who are you"the Alpha said. "Oh you know your usual run in d...
244K 5.8K 23
(Set in Season 5) ""Guess who else just escaped Hell thanks to your brother?" Bobby replied. Dean glanced back over at Libby with wide eyes. This t...
546 66 31
In another world and another time, something unthinkable happened--an Angel who guarded the young and innocent fell in love with a king of Vampires...