Upside Down Love

By ayexdan

Is it possible to fall in love with someone the first time you laid eyes on them? Well, I did and unfortunate... More

Prologue: Meetings
Chapter 1: Madison Paige Cameron
Chapter 2: Avery Laine Fisher
Chapter 3: To Be or Not to Be
Chapter 4: Pro Bowling
Chapter 5: She's Just a Friend
Chapter 6: It's Gametime Baby!
Chapter 7: To Be or Not to Be... Friends Again?
Chapter 8: My Little Brother
Chapter 9: Hurt & Pain
Chapter 10: New Friends
Chapter 11: After the Party
Chapter 12: Not Again
Chapter 13: Rumors
Chapter 14: Date Night
Chapter 15: The Locker Room
Chapter 16: Being Together
Chapter 17: Secrets
Chapter 18: The Beginning
Chapter 20: Love
Chapter 21: The Resolve
Chapter 22: A Day With Allison
Chapter 23: Rachel and Allison
Chapter 24: Ghosts of the Past
Chapter 25: The Beetle

Chapter 19: Pain and Misery

120 5 0
By ayexdan

Madison's POV

I sat by Avery in class today and glared at her. But honestly, looking at her made things so much harder for me.

It was like I ended up seeing what parts of her had made me fall for her. I thought of what she'd said to me and how she made me feel. And it broke my heart even more that she'd do this to me.

As my hands went around her neck, she stared at me. She stared at me like she had all those times she'd told me she loved me.

She loved me.

I felt myself loosening my grip on her neck. I focused on her eyes, her lips, her. I wanted to feel her lips again, I wanted her to touch me again. More than anything, I wanted her to love me again.

I leaned down, wanting to kiss her. I saw her coming to kiss me and I thought everything would be okay. I thought things were back to normal. I heart trembled, thinking she'd love me again.

Then, she pushed me off and stood, leaving the class. I couldn't help the tears that came from my eyes. I had cried so much, the teacher and principle had decided not to do anything about me trying to choke her. Not to mention the fact that Avery didn't even say anything to them about it. Maybe she'd said something to them.

The whole school had known about it. People were staring at me like I was crazy throughout the day. Maybe I was.

Xander had come to talk to me, but I didn't say anything. I couldn't say anything about it. What'd he want me to say?

Besides, I knew he still talked to her. I saw them whispering to each other in the hallways all the time. I didn't need him to go and tell her what I said. If she wants to know about me, she could actually talk and acknowledge me.

At the same time, I didn't know if I wanted her to talk to me. I had never felt hurt like this before in my life. I never thought Avery would be the one to do that to me.

I trudged into the cafeteria, wiping my eyes a little. I hope I didn't look as bad as I felt, everyone had been talking so much about us lately. I didn't want to go to lunch, but where else would I go? I'd been skipping school a lot, but it was because I didn't want to see Avery and Michaela together.

Speaking of that, I glanced up towards their table and the two were standing in front of it. Michaela told Avery something and she leaned up to kiss her. I saw Avery's hands go around her waist and I broke.

I tore my eyes away from them, as tears formed. I stopped in my tracks, shutting my eyes tightly, trying to be strong. I wouldn't let her have that control over me. She was done with me? Fine.

"You piece of shit!" I heard and my eyes flew towards the voice. Brandy stood there, glaring at Avery, who was covered in chocolate milk. My eyes widened.
"How dare you do all of that with her, tell her you love her and then do... this?" I mean, she was right, truly.

"Bitch, how dare you-" I saw Michaela say, going towards Brandy. Surprisingly, Avery stopped her and told her something. I shook my head and turned, leaving the cafeteria. I didn't want to see anymore. Avery made her choice, now she'll reap the benefits. I'm just glad I had such good friends. I walked through the hallways, moving throughout keeping my head down.

"Dammit." I heard and looked up and saw Avery. My heart stopped as she saw me. She looked into my eyes and her mouth dropped. "I–" She started and then grimaced.

"Avery, why are you doing this?" I asked her, walking towards her. She shook her head at me, walking backwards.

"Just... stay away from me Madison." She told me, turning and running the other way. I stared behind her, she ripped my heart open even more. This time, I couldn't stop the tears from flowing out of my eyes.

I went home right after, I couldn't be there after she just ran away and left me.

I don't know what's got her doing this. I didn't think I did anything wrong. I know I didn't do anything wrong, it was unlike her. Unless... I guess I didn't really know her like I thought I did. Maybe it was all for the bet, maybe she finally realized Michaela was who she really loved.

"Oh honey, I know this is hard for you. She made you think she was so good and she goes and hurts you. She fooled us all." Mom told me, hugging me close.

"I thought she loved me. I thought she really loved me." Mom looked at me sympathetically.

"That's how love is..." I wondered how she felt about herself. Was she happy? Did she enjoy being this way to me? Was everything fake to her?

"And she just stared at me like she was hurt! But if she was hurt, why won't she do anything to fix it? She's just sitting there, watching me go through this!" I cried even harder, just as I'd done the last few days. My phone rang and I looked down. Javier was calling me.

"Oh my baby's calling! Answer it!" Mom told me. I laughed a little and answered.

"Hey Javi."

"Hey there Madison. How you holding up?" I sniffed.

"I choked her and tried to kiss her. She leaned in then pushed me away. Then I saw her in the hallway and she told me to leave her alone. Brandy poured milk on her."

"I can't believe her. She deserved the choke and the milk though." I laughed a little.

"Shouldn't you be in school?"

"I had a doctor's appointment. Hey, I have an idea."

"What is it?"

"So I know you probably don't want to do this but I think it'll be good. Avery's comes home late every other night but she's here straight after practice or work otherwise. I think something's up. I want to follow her from school. I think you should come. I hear her crying in her room sometimes and I don't know. I think if she's crying she can't be okay."

"I don't know if I want to be there if she is though. She told me to stay away."

"But Madison, wouldn't it be better to at least know why? You need a reason, you need closure." I bit my lip, thinking about it. "She told you she didn't like that girl, and all of a sudden they're together kissing and shit. You did say you didn't trust Michaela."

"Okay... I'll pick you up when she's supposed to be out of practice."

"Alright. I hope there's something we don't know about this. Avery really loved you Mads. But whatever it is, she's crazy to leave you for it."

"Thank you Javi."

"You're welcome, I'll talk to you later." I hung up and Mom looked at me.

"What's going on?"

"Javi thinks that something's up. He said Avery doesn't seem happy about this and she cries a lot. I don't know what to believe. What could be so bad that she does this to me? I saw her kiss Michaela today, you can't fake that." Mom frowned and shrugged.

"I don't know honey. I liked Avery, but I hate what she's doing to you and I don't see any justice in that." I nodded and played with my fingers.

"He thinks we should follow her today and see where she goes. She goes out every night. I just don't want to see her at Michaela's house watching a movie. He says I need the closure."

"I understand, it might be good for you. As long as you bring Javier by here for me, I'll let you take my car." I smiled and nodded. Mom loved Javier. She and him talked about cooking and Javier wanting to play football. He was a good kid, he just had a bad upbringing. Just... like Avery.

Seeing him makes me think of Avery though since they look so much alike.

I told Javier that my mom wanted him over and he replied, telling me I could pick him up in another hour.

I went over to Avery's house and I got out, going to the door.

PaPa opened the door and he smiled and hugged me.

"Hello Madison, how are you?" I smiled and shrugged.

"I'm okay. How are you?"

"Good enough." He turned and Javier was there.

"I was talking to PaPa about Avery. He agrees that he thinks she's lying." He nodded.

"I can tell when she lies to me. But this time, no matter what I try, she won't budge." Well of course she won't. She won't tell you guys that she's with someone else because you all talk to me.

"I don't know what it is, but I'm disappointed in her." Javier said and I shrugged. I didn't want to talk about this. I was tired of people talking to me about Avery. She'd hurt me and I didn't want anything to do with her. "I know, you don't want to hear it, I'm sorry. Let's just go." I nodded and Mr. Chris looked at me sympathetically.

"Goodbye Madison, I hope you start to get better. I know it's hard." I smiled and he hugged me.

I was happy to have the love and support of Avery's family. It really made things much easier for me, believe it or not. Although they constantly talked about her, it still felt good to know they cared about me.

Javier and I opened the door to leave and Avery was there, about to go inside.

"Madison." She said breathlessly, staring at me with such a loving look. Just as quick as it came, it left; she shook her head and pushed by me.

"Yo man, that's fucking disrespectful! You just walk by her like you don't know her?" Javier asked her angrily. She ignored him and he went over to her. "I'm talking to you!" He yelled at her. She turned around and looked at him.

"I don't answer to you." She told him, softly, tired like. Almost like she was giving up on something. I felt bad for her and I didn't know why.

"It doesn't matter, you could at least have some respect for her, after how much you used to act like you loved her." She glared at him, he struck a nerve.

"I'm warning you Javier, stay in your place. I'm not in the mood for this." He stepped towards her.

"I'm not scared of you anymore Avery. I've lost my respect for you, you're weak in my eyes." She pulled him by his shirt.

"You don't know a damn thing about me. You have no idea what's going on! You don't know what it's like for me." She looked like she was going to hurt him. I could see the tiredness in her eyes. I could see that she was fed up.

"I don't care what's going on. You're full of shit!" I walked over to them and pulled them apart.

"You guys, stop!" Avery and I locked eyes with each other. She looked at me like she had earlier and it was like everything around me disappeared. Does she still love me?

She shook her head, shutting her eyes tightly, before walking away, even more pissed off. I gazed longingly behind her and shook my head, feeling a lump in my throat. I pushed my tears back.

Javier and I left the house and got into my Mom's car.

"Thank you for taking up for me." He nodded.

"Of course Madison. You're like a big sister to me." I smiled.

"Good."

"I know you still don't like talking about it, but do you see what I mean now? What'd she mean I had no idea what's going on?" I shrugged.

"I don't know Javi." He nodded, deep in thought. I just thought he should give up though, honestly. I mean, whats the point in trying any more with her? She looked at me and got pissed. I didn't do anything wrong!

~

Around the time Avery usually leaves her house, Javi and I went over. We parked a block away and she came out ten minutes later. She seemed pissed and she didn't even kiss her car like she usually did.

She pulled out of the driveway and I began the follow.

I knew she knows my mom's car so I made sure to stay as far behind as I could. I didn't want her to get on to us and get mad at Javier again.

"She's driving pretty far away, that's crazy." Javier mumbled. "But crazy as in good."

"What's so good about it?"

"Not many people Avery associated herself with live out here." I nodded, glad Javier was with me. He was smart, he'd figure it all out.

We arrived at a huge mansion and he hummed. The mansion, weirdly enough wasn't gated. It just had trees all around it, hiding it. It seemed that every light was on; it was just a beautiful house.

"Hmm, that makes a lot of sense." I raised my eyebrow and he shook his head. "Park in the trees and turn the car off. I don't want anyone driving up and seeing us." I nodded and did as he said.

Throughout this, Avery hadn't gotten out of the car yet. Then, another car pulled up and she got out of the car quickly, moving swiftly into the house.

Michaela got out of the car and went in the house.

"So it is Michaela's house." I said, frowning. "We should just leave, Javi."

"Ehh, I wouldn't be so soon to judge." I wouldn't be so quick to wave it off.

Michaela and Avery seem happy, they've been kissing and holding hands every day at school. "I'm going to go to the window. Are you going to stay?" I bit my lip before shaking my head. No, I didn't want to see her kissing Michaela, but I had to know there wasn't something else going on. Javi seemed to think so and I trusted him.

We got out of the car and moved through the trees. I followed Javier, though he was quick. We looked around through the windows until we saw the room Avery was in.

She stood there, glaring down at the floor. There were two men with guns in there, pointed at Avery and my eyes widened. Okay, this shit was not normal.

"Shit." Javier whispered.

"Yeah, my thoughts exactly." I mumbled. I watched as a guy went to Avery and began walking around her in circles. She looked up and sneered at him as he talked. Then, out of nowhere, she punched him. She lunged at him, pinning him to the ground and began punching him. One of the guys scrambled to her and pulled her off. Michaela ran up and tried to calm them both down.

The guy got up, pushing Michaela out of the way and punched Avery in her face before yelling at her. She yelled back at him. She then turned and yelled at Michaela. Javier gasped, cursing.

"Oh shit... that's Connor." I looked at him confused.

"Who?"

"Avery's old best friend. Rhea's brother." My eyes widened. I had remembered Avery telling me about them one night.

The guy, Connor, grabbed her by her shirt and told her something before she spit in his face. He grinned and punched her. All of a sudden, they let her go, but had both guns pointed towards her still.

"Javier, they won't shoot her, will they?" I asked, holding his arm tightly. I was scared.

Yeah, Avery had hurt me, but I didn't want her to be killed.

"No, I think it's just how they keep her under control. They know that Avery's pretty strong." I nodded. I sure hoped so.

"Should we call the police?"

"No, we don't know the terms yet. If they hear police sirens, they could easily end up killing her, thinking she called them. I need to know what's going on in there."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 158 29
β€’ πˆππ’ππˆπ‘π„πƒ 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 β€’ "What's your name?" I asked. "Damien," he said with his deep voice. I did not expect his voice to be...
19.8K 1.3K 36
πŸ’ Her eyes are always on him since the day she first met him. It was the love at first sight for her. He was her inspiration to be the best version...
202 107 26
well you guys aren't expecting me to write this story because I'm a innocent writer πŸ’€ but I am writing this.. ahem.. sorry! it's a high school love...
1.1K 36 22
"Dear Crush, I exist... and trust me or not, but no one else in this whole world can love you the way I do..." He fell in love for the first time in...