Upside Down Love

By ayexdan

Is it possible to fall in love with someone the first time you laid eyes on them? Well, I did and unfortunate... More

Prologue: Meetings
Chapter 1: Madison Paige Cameron
Chapter 2: Avery Laine Fisher
Chapter 3: To Be or Not to Be
Chapter 4: Pro Bowling
Chapter 5: She's Just a Friend
Chapter 6: It's Gametime Baby!
Chapter 7: To Be or Not to Be... Friends Again?
Chapter 8: My Little Brother
Chapter 9: Hurt & Pain
Chapter 10: New Friends
Chapter 11: After the Party
Chapter 12: Not Again
Chapter 13: Rumors
Chapter 14: Date Night
Chapter 15: The Locker Room
Chapter 16: Being Together
Chapter 17: Secrets
Chapter 19: Pain and Misery
Chapter 20: Love
Chapter 21: The Resolve
Chapter 22: A Day With Allison
Chapter 23: Rachel and Allison
Chapter 24: Ghosts of the Past
Chapter 25: The Beetle

Chapter 18: The Beginning

142 5 0
By ayexdan

Avery's POV

I left practice, and Xander was by me. Madison couldn't come today, she had a lot of homework to catch up on. I didn't mind, of course. We didn't have to be around each other every day.

My phone rang and it was an unfamiliar number.

"Hasn't it been calling you all day?" Xander asked me. I frowned and nodded. I didn't usually answer calls from unknown numbers, but this one was persistent. I pressed accept.

"Hello?"

"Avery. About time you answered. Did you miss me?" I froze, hearing the voice. "Yeah, I thought you would. You sure look like you do." I looked around and he laughed.

"Why don't you show yourself?" Xander looked at me confused.

"What fun with that be? I know you'd just try to kill me... just like you did with my sister."

"Your sister hurt me, she pulled a gun on me!" He laughed again at my anger.

"Whatever. Here's what you're going to do. You're going to break up with that girl, because I've got something you want." I raised an eyebrow.

"Why are you still talking to that bitch?" Xander asked, trying to take the phone. I shook my head and kept it to my ear. I was curious, what could be good enough that he'd think I'd break up with Madison?

"What is it?" He told me and I froze. "You're lying."

"Nope. And if you listen to what I say and do as I say, you'll get what you want. I'll prove it to you now." I heard a message and I saw a video sent to me. Xander looked over.

"Wow..." He said, his mouth wide. "You two were–" I pushed him away and he frowned. "Sorry." I grew angry and I looked around again.

"Bring your ass out here now!" He chuckled.

"Sorry, gotta go! I'll let you know, as soon as any police are involved, I'm setting it free. I'll call you with more details later, when you're alone. And Avery, don't forget, that's only the first thing I've got on you." He hung up and Xander stared at me.

"What're you going to do?" I sighed and pushed my hair back.

"I don't know." I told him, feeling close to tears. "I can't let them show everyone that video of Madison and I. She'd be so embarrassed and so pissed at me. I'm the one who convinced her that it'd be safe to do that in a locker room. That no one would see or hear us." His eyes softened.

"Avery, you had no idea."

"That doesn't make it right man! I still did it! Had we not been in there he wouldn't have anything on me!" I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. I could just imagine Connor laughing at me somewhere, watching that video of Madison and I. "I know he's probably been watching me, waiting for a chance to get at me."

I shook my head and went to my car. I was pissed. I heard Xander calling behind me, but I ignored him, getting in.

I knew that if he ever showed his face, I'd kill him.

You're mad now, and I know you know where I live. I dare you to come by.

I huffed, yeah I'm going there, to beat his ass. Madison and I had been through enough.

I started up my engine and sped towards his house. Madison called me and I looked down at the phone. I wanted to answer so bad and I pulled over.

"Hey baby." I heard her say. She sounded so happy, I smiled.

"Hey love, what's going on?"

"Nothing, how'd practice go?"

"It was a shitty practice honestly."

"You could come over if you want to talk about it or just relax." I smiled to myself, feeling tears coming to my eyes. She's so sweet and I would have to break up with her. Fuck Connor, I'd kill him if I could.

"Thank you so much for the offer baby girl. I–I can't right now, I have to take care of some business."

"Business? Avery, what are you talking about?" I sighed, sniffing.

"Listen, I have to go. But I love you so so so much Madison."

"Avery, what's going on?"

"Nothing. Everything's going to be okay baby." I hung up and I put my car back in drive. I wiped my eyes and made the rest of the drive to his house.

I hopped out of my car and made my way to the path up his house. He had a mansion, it was huge, but I didn't care how much money he had. I'd hurt him.

The door opened as I came in and he stood in the entryway. I glared at him, I hated everything about him. His blond hair was disheveled on his head and his face looked tired, but he seemed so energized. His nose was crooked where I had broken it last year. I wanted to break it again and so much more. To say, he had once been my best friend. I had once been at his house everyday...

"Avery! Nice to see you." I ran towards him and grabbed him by his throat. He grinned at me and I felt something on my head. I turned and there was two guys, both had their guns pointed at me.

"Let him go." I stared at the two, sighing and stepping back, putting my hands in my pockets. He stood, dusting himself off.

"The terms and conditions of this deal. "You won't talk to the girl, you'll just watch as she hurts. You won't put your hands on me, and you'll be dating who I want you to. Otherwise you'll have this everywhere." He pressed a button and I heard Madison's moans fill the room. I never thought hearing that would be so terrible. It hurt me deep down inside to hear that, because I'm the one who told her it was fine.

"TURN IT OFF!" I yelled at him, charging towards him again. I was pulled back by the guy, I now felt the cold metal against my head.

"Great! You really do care about her. This will be even more fun! Anyway, I know you talked to her on your way here. I'm so glad you didn't say anything to her. If anyone other than Xander knows about this, I'll send the video to her parents, and the whole school." He stood in front of me, laughing at my pained face. A door opened and I turned to see Michaela there. I frowned, are you kidding me? "Last but not least, you'll be dating Michaela now." She smiled at me, waving a little.

These people are crazy.

Connor was looking down at his phone with a huge smile.

"Guess what Avery? Your girl friend's at your house looking for you. I just sent a message to your fathers telling them you were at hers. It was from my phone but it said it came from yours. Isn't technology great?" This all worked out well, thanks to Michaela getting into your phone." Madison was right about her. He pulled the video feed up on the big screen. It seemed like someone was close by, filming it.

"Is Avery here?" Madison asked Dad. He looked at her confused.

"She just texted me and told me she was at yours, staying the night." Madison nodded.

"Well she may be on her way there and I didn't know." Dad nodded and smiled to her.

"Goodnight Madison." She smiled and turned around. She called my phone and of course I didn't answer. But Connor's phone rang instead and he handed the phone to Michaela.

"Hello?" She said. Madison's face fell and she hung up. She burst into tears and I cried too, watching her.

"I'm so sorry Madison. I'm so sorry." I whimpered.

"Awe, how sad. You'll pick Michaela up every morning. You're her new girlfriend, isn't that great?"

"How long do I have to do this?" I mumbled, feeling defeated.

"As long as I say so. This is for my enjoyment."

After a few more minutes of telling me what to do, they let me go. I had no idea what she had to do with Connor, but it pissed me off.

"You'll begin to love me." She told me, as I walked out of the house.

"Fuck you." I muttered.

I went home and my parents were asleep so I went straight to bed.

Madison had called me but I couldn't answer. They'd know and I couldn't let that video get put out.

I couldn't sleep though. I just laid in bed, crying. I felt horrible. I should've never ever asked her to have sex in there. I was a horrible girlfriend.

I went to school the next morning and I felt like shit. I went to my locker and began getting stuff out. Michaela stood beside me with a smug look on her face, but I ignored her.

"Did you two have fun last night?" I heard Madison say behind me, her voice wavering. I turned around and saw her face.

"We had the best time." Michaela told her, a smug look on her face. She wiped her eyes and I shook my head and looked down.

"Madison, I'm breaking up with you." I mumbled to her and I walked away, pulling Michaela with me before I could see her face.

I wiped my own face as I left her. I heard her run away and I couldn't help but cry even harder.

"How pathetic." Michaela said, smirking as Madison ran.

"You're the pathetic one, making someone who hates you date you." She looked at me, her eyes softening.

"A couple weeks ago, you were telling me how she doesn't deserve you. Now, you're doing all of this for her. You should've just left her alone."

"Stay out of my business."

"What's your business is mine now Avery. We've got more in common than you think, you know? I fell in love with you, the first time I met you too. It hurts seeing you with Madison. I know you understood when she was with Gabriel." I scrunched my face up at her.

"You're a fucking lunatic, aren't you? I didn't do all of this to get Madison. I got her to genuinely like me." She shrugged.

"Well, I got outside help. I don't want him to hurt you, just do what he says baby." She tried grabbing my hands and I cringed, pulling away from her.

"How do you even know Connor?" She shook her head.

"I owe him. He asked me to help out that's it. I did it because Madison doesn't deserve you." I shrugged, not really caring. I went towards my class. "Hey, you're supposed to walk me to class."

"That's not the terms of my deal." I told her. "You can find your way."

I had to stay strong at least until I found out a way to get out of this.

~

The days were tough. Everyone kept asking me why I broke up and cheated on Madison. I always shook my head at them and left.

I was forced to have Michaela around me all the time. I sat at the table with her for lunch, they made me kiss her and smile like we were really together. It was hell, honestly. I didn't like touching her when I kinda liked her, imagine how it feels now that I hate her guts.

Javier was pissed off at me, of course Madison had told him I had a new girlfriend. They'd been hanging out, and I knew he talked badly of me. I couldn't blame him for that though.

On the other hand, I was happy someone was there for Madison. My brother was young, but extremely smart and I knew he'd comfort her to his best abilities.

Madison glared at me in class and I looked away from her.

"Look at me! Don't ignore me! Look at what you did to me! You hurt me. I thought you loved me? This isn't love Avery!" I turned and looked at her and she got even madder. "Don't you dare look at me like you're the victim."

"I'm so sorry Mads." I mumbled, looking down. I stood and was going to go to the bathroom, but she tackled me to the ground. She wrapped her hands around my neck and I stared up at her, not doing anything about it.

"Madison!" The teacher called, but she loosened her grip and stared at me. She leaned down to kiss me and I leaned up before remembering the situation we were in. I shook my head and pulled myself from under her. I left the room, knowing she sat on the floor with tears in her eyes.

Good job! I can't believe she choked you though. I'll bet you miss that don't you?

I sat under the staircase for most of the morning, playing with my fingers, wondering how I could get out of this. A teacher had found me, and asked about Madison choking me, but I told her that she didn't and to just leave it alone.

Thankfully, Michaela didn't come looking for me, and if she did, I didn't know.

If I told Dad and PaPa, they'd probably help... I just didn't want to run the risk of him finding out I talked to them. I sighed, shaking my head.

Xander came after a while and I looked up at him.

"How's she doing?" I asked him, just as I did everyday.

"She's not talking to anyone, at all. She just sits there and eats then leaves. I don't know where she goes... but maybe she needs to disappear sometimes." I nodded, feeling like shit.

"Maybe she does."

"Come on, let's get back to lunch. You have to eat." I stood, not wanting to argue and I followed him.

"There you are baby. Come on, let's go sit down." Michaela told me, grabbing my arm.

"See you later Avery." Xander told me, frowning.

"Don't run off again, I'll have to tell Connor."

"Fuck you and Connor." I told her, rolling my eyes.

"Avery." She told me, stopping and holding my arms. "If you don't do what you're supposed to, I will tell him to release the videos. Understand?" She said, speaking slowly. I sighed, shaking my head.

"Yeah sure, but I hate your guts. I'll never love you. Ever." She shrugged.

"You say that, but one day you will. Now, kiss me. Madison's coming in the cafeteria." I turned and saw Madison, my heart stopped seeing her face. It was red and puffy, it was obvious she'd been crying. I wanted to run to her and hold her, but I had to protect her from this.

I looked back at Michaela and she pulled me into her. I grimaced, putting my hands around her waist, loosely.

She tried putting her tongue in my mouth but I pulled away. I put my head on her forehead, trying to keep myself together.

"You're going too far." I told her, glaring.

"Well, you're my girlfriend, I can do–"

"You can believe this shit all you want, but I'm not yours. My heart belongs to Madison." She stared at me, her heart looked like it broke in two, but I didn't care.

"I care about you so much more than her. She doesn't even love you, I do."

"I don't care. You don't even know what love is. You're disgusting." I pulled away from her and sat the table. I stared down at it, a mixture of anger and regret filling me. I knew Madison had to see that, and I knew it had to have broken her heart.

"You piece of shit." I heard before feeling cold liquid engulf me. I stood quickly, turning around to see who'd poured their milk on me. I saw Brandy standing there, glaring at me. "How dare you do all of that with her, tell her you love her and then do... this?" My anger melted, I knew she was standing up for Madison, I didn't blame here.

"Bitch, how dare you–" Michaela started, but I stopped her.

"Shut up." I growled at her, separating she and Brandy. I took a deep breath and looked at her. "Sweetheart, it's okay. I'll just go take a shower. I've got a change of clothes in my car." I told her through my teeth. Xander came and pulled Brandy away as she yelled obsinities to me.

"I know she's your friend or whatever, but she deserved it! She's worse than the filth on the bottom of my shoe." I heard as I left the cafeteria. I ignored it and went to my car.

Cuz truly, she was right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

412K 18.8K 65
"Was that flirting? It kind of felt like flirting. No. Couldn't be. She just thinks the senior girl is cool, like all of my sister's other friends. I...
182 21 21
Highest Rankings: 115 in first person I was just a simple sophomore. I hung out with my friends, played sports, got straight A's, my life seemed to h...
80.1K 2.9K 16
***Please if you have not read 18&Over yet it is definitely a huge part of this story and you won't be able to understand what is going on without re...
202 107 26
well you guys aren't expecting me to write this story because I'm a innocent writer 💀 but I am writing this.. ahem.. sorry! it's a high school love...