Expectation Of Love |Finding...

By deey_jah

Highest ranking #1 in Expectation hot list "Roshni, I guess that's your name?" "Yes" "I'm sorry for what I... More

INTRODUCTION
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
Thank you (please read)
updated
10
11
New story
Status
New book!

8

17.9K 917 49
By deey_jah

Those who look to the sun, do not see
Shadows.

Rajveer

We finally arrived home to celebration still going on at our own home. I was very exhausted and decided to just go up to my room and sleep. I didn't have the energy to participate in any more rituals.

"You two must be tired, go to your room and rest. Show Roshni to your room." mum appeared from nowhere and said.

"Goodnight Mum" I said and started walking towards my room.

"Goodnight." I heard Roshni said as she trailed behind me.

I opened the door to my room and was surprised to see the decorations that were made in my room. The bed was also decorated with flowers. "Come in" I beckoned to Roshni, who was still standing outside the room like a lost puppy. "You can sleep on the bed, I will take the cushion." I took a pillow from the bed.

"I'm sorry." she suddenly apologized. I wondered why she was suddenly apologizing. "I couldn't stop this wedding from taking place, even after you indirectly told me to cancel everything." she finished.

"You don't need to apologize, the damage has already been done and it doesn't even matter to me if we are married or not, we will only talk to each other when necessary, never sleep in the same bed and most importantly, act like a happy couple in front of the family." I explained.

"Okay." she replied in a low voice. I took a duvet from the wardrobe and lay down on the couch.

"Rajveer." she called.

"What again?" I asked a bit rudely. I was tired and just wanted to sleep but she kept on disturbing me.

"You can sleep on the bed." she offered.

Didn't she hear what k said earlier? Or was she pretending to be deaf.

"Didn't I make it clear to you that we won't be sharing a bed?" I asked, frustratedly. Why was she so dense?

"I didn't mean it th–"  She didn't get to finish her sentence before I cut her off.

"I don't care how you mean it, but please allow me sleep." I begged, joining my hands together. Couldn't she just allow me sleep? Was this how it feels to be married?

"You should sleep on your bed, I'm the guest here, so I will sleep take the cushion instead." she said in a low voice.

"No thanks, I'm okay here." I declined.

"I insist." she persisted.

"Very well then." I said and got up from the couch and to the bed. I was not to be blame, she was persistent and I would do anything at that moment to make her shut up. I told her to sleep on the bed but she didn't want to and insisted I sleep on it instead. I agreed because I was tired and she wouldn't stop disturbing me. I was not sorry though.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

ROSHNI

"I'm sorry for getting married to you Rajveer, despite you telling me you don't want it." I said and lay down on the couch and felt few drops of tears escaping from my eyes before I drifted off to sleep.

I was awoken by someone knocking at the door loudly. I was startled and sprung up. Raj was still sleeping peacefully. I rushed towards the door and to my surprise, there stood mum, smiling broadly.

"Good morning mum." I greeted in a sleepy voice.

"Good morning dear, how was your first night in your new home?" She asked, the smile never fading from her demeanor.

Not good – I wanted to say that out loud, but I found myself saying something else. "It was okay." I returned the smile, to make what I said sound more believable.

"I'm glad. Is Raj still asleep?" She asked. 

"Yes." I answered.

She said. "I just came to call you two down for breakfast."

"We will be right down." I assured.

After my mother in law had left, I closed the door and glanced at Raj. He was still sleeping. How was I going to wake him up now without irking him? I decided to try my luck. I walked closer to the bed and called softly. "Rajveer." I got no reply. "Rajveer!!" I called a bit louder than before but he still didn't budge. I gently tapped him on the shoulder before he finally opened an eye.

"What?" He asked, groggily.

"Mum has called for both of us to come down for breakfast." I replied.

"Alright." he said and sat up. I was about going downstairs when Raj called me

"Roshni."

I stopped in my tracks.

"remember what we talked about last night? You and I are to pretend to be happy in front of the family." he reminded.

"Yes I do. I remember." I said awkwardly.

"Then we should go together. It wouldn't look good if we go down separately." he reasoned.

I nodded in agreement.

Why did we have to pretend, when we were supposed to love each other because we are legally married?

I waited for him and we went to the dining room together.

"Hope you slept well last night dear." Raj suddenly asked.

Was he talking to me? I was surprised for a moment and looked around to see if someone was beside or behind me, before I recalled he was just acting in front of his family. I had to play along

"Yes, Rajveer." I answered. I wasn't surprised when he pulled out a chair for me to sit on. It was all just an act after all.

"Call me Raj, okay?" He said smiling forcefully. No one could tell, except for me of course. I didn't fail to notice a girl sitting together with us, it was the same girl I saw on our engagement day looking like a sadist. I greeted mum and dad. She must be Raj's sister, but then again, I didn't see her on our wedding day. My gaze darted to her and I observed she was glaring at me with hatred, but I ignored the look. Father in law noticed how I was staring at the girl.

"This is Samaira, she is Raj's sister. I guess you don't know her yet, because she wasn't present at the wedding." he explained.

I guessed right.

"Hi Samaira." I said sweetly, expecting her to do the same or at least smile but she just rolled her eyes and looked away instead.

"I don't care." she said, rudely.

"Sam!" Mom called in a stern voice "is that how you talk to your sister in law? Apologize to her now."

"Sorry." she said nonchalantly.

Raj's mum seemed scary when angry and to be honest with myself, she was starting to scare me as well. I didn't know why she was so bitter to me, I had not even done anything wrong to her.

"Darling, I'm sorry for her behaviour." Raj said, grabbing my hand in his.

I felt a wave of shiver running down my spine at the contact. It was my very first physical contact with him and I felt like never letting go. "I'm not mad at her." I said honestly. I didn't know the reason why she acted rude. She may have a reason. Things are always done with a reason.

"Go to your room now." mom commanded.

She threw daggers my way before storming away furiously.

I shrugged.

After breakfast, we went back to our room. I couldn't stop myself from laughing at how Raj was acting in front of his parent. Acting all sweet. I guessed he was also scared of his mother.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked, startling me a bit. 

"Nothing." I answered, looking everywhere, but him.

"Just to make things clear to you, I was just pretending earlier." he smirked.

"I know." But did he have to rub it in?

"Good, because I will never come to love you." he added, cockily.

"I'm sorry for ruining your life." I apologized as tears ran down my cheeks. I also didn't understand why I was getting emotional now.

"Stop that right now, you can't fool me with your fake tears. I assure you today, you will leave this house soon, without me even asking you to." he promised.

I shouldn't have agreed to allow this marriage push through, now I was already regretting my decision.

"You look like a mess, get yourself together, I don't mum getting any hint." he said and left the room slamming the door hard.

"I'm sorry." My knees gave out and I fell to the ground, crying. This was my life now!

____________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 9.8K 85
"I will never let you control me, you only want money. I'll give you as much as you want but just don't show your face to me." he said looking at me...
348K 15.2K 58
Krrish Chauhan never knew that oneday to fulfil his mother's last wish, he had to marry none other than his childhood bestiee, Ruhi Singh who was als...
42.7K 3.8K 58
An end is truly not an end. Because it is actually a beginning of something new, which we never know. Sometimes, our real life is more dramatic than...
6.3K 609 37
# 1 in Destiny series __________________ "Who do you think you're? she asked "Rishte main toh hum apke shohar lagte hain" I replied ...