мєяι∂ιαи ℓιgнтѕ

By MikleoKrein

Elana Ferrer never really had goals. For her, life consisted of nothing but surviving school until the next... More

INTRODUCTION
FIGURE SKATING 1 0 1
gℓιмρѕє 1
мυѕняσσм
fιgυяє ѕкαтєя
ѕмσℓ вєαи
Junior 1
Junior 2
ιитєяиαтισиαℓ ∂євυт
gℓιмρѕє 2
ѕмσℓ вєαи νѕ тσℓ вєαи
2009 ωσяℓ∂ נυиισя ¢нαмρισиѕнιρѕ
вυℓℓу
яσα∂ тσ σℓумρι¢ѕ
∂євυтαитє
2010 ναи¢συνєя σℓумρι¢ѕ 1
2010 ναи¢συνєя σℓумρι¢ѕ 2
fяσм тнє ωιℓ∂єяиєѕѕ σf иαgσуα...
... тнє тαѕтє σf ¢σffєє...
... тσ тнє ∂єρтнѕ σf ѕєи∂αι 1
... тσ тнє ∂єρтнѕ σf ѕєи∂αι 2
... тσ тнє ∂єρтнѕ σf ѕєи∂αι 3
... тσ тнє ∂єρтнѕ σf ѕєи∂αι 4
иєω ωαтєяѕ
яυмιиαтισи 1
2010 инк тяσρну 1
2010 инк тяσρну 2
2010 инк тяσρну 3
2010 инк тяσρну 4
2010 инк тяσρну 5
σиє нєℓℓ σf α ¢σиfυѕιи' gαℓα
α ℓιттℓє вιт σf crυѕн
Infamy
Rumination II
Resolve
The Abduction
Dirty Elana
Fierce is a Lady
gℓιмρѕє 3
Unavoidable Darkness

2009 gяαи∂ ρяιχ fιиαℓ

2.9K 230 73
By MikleoKrein

.

.

.

.

..........M.E.R.I.D.I.A.N......L.I.G.H.T.S..........

.

.

November 23, 2009

I couldn't contain the squeal that erupted from my mouth at the cuteness of this scene.

We were all in Yokohama where the 2009 Junior Nationals took place.

Yuzuru claimed gold after a superb performance. Surprisingly enough, Shoma, who also took part in the competition, had taken bronze. The height difference between the two was comedic at best.

Yuzuru was talking to the silver medalist when Shoma's name was called.

Shoma, being his nervous self whenever he's faced with the crowd, quickly forgot the Skater's Etiquette. Basically, the silver or bronze medalists had to shake the hands of the other skaters before getting on the podium.

Suffice to say, he forgot about it entirely.

Thankfully enough, Yuzuru was beside him and quickly reminded the smol bean about it.

I bet his mind blanked out for a moment.

"I still love you Shoma-chan!" I unabashedly yelled out, prompting laughter all around me from those who understood my English.

After the victory ceremony, and the press conference that followed soon after, Shoma and Yuzuru were finally free from the clutches of the organizers.

I immediately tackled-slash-hugged Shoma soon after.

"Ang cute cute mo talaga! Grabe ka!" ("You're so cute! Really, every time!") I blabbered in Tagalog as I pinched the cheeks of the smol bean before squeezing him again in a tight hug. I swayed him around in giddiness whilst hugging him.

"Era-nee...!" His muffled protest sounded out from his face being plastered against my jacket. Giving him one last squeeze, I kissed the top of his head with a loud smack from my lips before ruffling his hair and finally letting this smol bean go.

Shoma thought he was scot-free but then he was immediately held in the arms of his mother right after I released him. I noticed that Coach Higuchi and Coach Yamada were waiting in the sidelines for their turn.

"Where's my hug?"

I turned around and saw Yuzuru standing there with his arms already wide open. With a smile, I huffed in amusement before stepping in and giving him a well-deserved hug.

"Congratulations Yuzu," I said softly. I pulled back to converse with him. "You're in the Grand Prix Final, right?"

"Yeah." He nodded, raising his hand before tucking a stray lock behind my ear. "Watch me?"

"Of course. We already have tickets." I turned my head to Shoma's direction, where the smol bean was still suffering through the attentions from his mother-like figures. "Shoma's going as well. Actually, we're all going. Kanako's in the GPF too."

"Oh, that's good," he casually replied. Yuzuru looked quite surprised though. "I didn't know she's in it."

"Don't you talk to her?"

"Hm, not really. I meet her in ice shows, but that's about it." He shook his head. "I've been too busy with everything that's going on."

"Oh." I nodded, before dropping the subject. I wasn't that close to Kanako, even now. I'm in good terms with her but I guess some people, even after knowing them for years, just didn't have that kind of connection.

"I've never been to one of your shows before." I pouted a little as I played with a loose thread on his costume. "Every time I check, the tickets are always sold out. You would think those people had nothing better to do other than stalk the ticket site for every available seats."

"Do you want me to sneak you in?" Yuzuru winked at me. I laughed at his suggestion.

"What? I can. Just say the word," he persisted. I just shook my head and rolled my eyes whilst smiling in exasperation.

*****

December 4, 2009

"Go Yuzu!" I yelled out, which was probably drowned by the rest of the crowd.

I didn't forget to bring along the customary banner. This time it was a dark purple handmade banner with fake gemstones, glitters, and, of course, the feathers. The words Yuzu! Fighting! was written in cursive bold letters.

Sitting around me on the stands were Shoma and the rest of the kids in the Grand Prix Tokai SC. Somewhere further were the mothers: Yumi, Aiko, and my mom.

I was surprised that my mom came with us. But, I guess, she really did struck up a friendship with Yumi. Since, Aiko and Mom were also acquainted, she tagged along.

We were in a big stadium in Tokyo where the Junior / Senior Grand Prix Final was currently taking place. The members of the Grand Prix Tokai SC was present because Kanako managed to snag a spot in the JGPF.

Of course, I was here to also support Yuzuru.

I was very proud of him. He really had come a long way.

One of the things that I regretted the most was not being able to participate in the JGPF. My skills back then weren't simply up to par with the level of the other skaters.

Oh well, there was still the Grand Prix Final, right?

I gasped as Yuzuru fell on his triple Axel. He tried to stay on his feet but in the end he skidded down the ice.

Along with the audience, I spouted out cheers and words of encouragement.

He was performing his long program at the moment. Yuzuru managed to get himself back together as he glided gracefully on the ice, not permitting any more mistakes to his program. His signature move, Ina Bauer, was utterly beautiful.

With one final spin, he moved his arms and did his final pose.

I cheered loudly while I waved the banner up above my head.

Yuzuru bowed to every side of the stadium inciting cheers all around. He was breathing pretty hard that I was a little concerned.

...

"Hanyu Yuzuru from Japan has earned in the Free Skate, 136.92 points which is the new seasons best and a personal best. His total competition score is 206.77. He is currently in 1st place."

...

I couldn't contain my excitement as I jumped up and down. There were still a few skaters left to skate, but I highly doubt anyone in his division could beat Yuzuru at this point.

"Ma, punta lang ako sa baba, ha?" ("Ma, I'm just gonna go down, alright?") I asked my mom, who was seated several seats away from me. I saw that Yumi also got up from her seat.

"Ok, tingnan mo phone mo mamaya." ("Ok, check your phone later.")

"Alright."

Yumi smiled as she gestured me to come along. Together, we traversed through the people and went down into the backstage. Yumi had a backstage ID because she's the mom, however, I didn't since I wasn't technically part of this competition.

"She's with me. We're just going to see my son," Yumi tried to ask on my behalf.

The staff was placed in a tight spot as he concernedly looked back and forth between us.

"Yumi-san, it's alright." I placed a light hand on her arm. "I'll just wait."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, very sure. Please tell Yuzu congrats."

"Ok, I'm gonna be right back. I'll tell Yuzu you're waiting."

"Oh, that's not necessary." I waved my hands sheepishly.

Yuzuru's pretty popular in Japan, especially now that he's practically won JGPF. It was still unofficial though, but most of the people knew it already with the score he just belted out minutes ago.

I wouldn't want to trouble him by meeting him in a public place. The area around here was slightly crowded as some of the fans stalked around the backstage entrance for a chance to see their favorite skaters.

"It's fine. Just stay right here, Ok?" Yumi patted my shoulder and strode away before I could protest.

I awkwardly stood in my spot, nervously wringing my hands. Looking around, there were a few professional cameras pointed at the backstage entrance. It was always like this because, sometimes, the organizers show it for Fluff in the figure skating videos that they upload in social media.

Again, this area also had people hanging around. Some of them were just chatting with their friends, while the others had their phones or cameras at the ready, just in case some figure skater decided to pass by.

"Um, excuse me." A teenage foreign girl shyly raised her hand as she tried to catch my attention. Her English tone was slightly heavy. I think she was European.

"Yes?" I replied, curiously.

"Hi, I just want to ask... are you Elana? Elana Ferrer?" The girl already had her phone at the ready. She was pretty certain about my identity. She just didn't know how to approach me.

I was gobsmacked as I processed her words. Honestly, I didn't expect to be recognized. I only won a few major competitions after all.

Granted, it was the Junior Worlds and Nebelhorn, but...

"Yes, yes, I am." I smiled, uncertainly. Cold sweat dripped down the back of my neck as several people around us heard our conversation. I discreetly tried to hide my face as I ducked my head.

"Really! Can I please take a picture?!" The girl's loud excited voice quickly drew the attention of the rest of the hall. More people started to crowd around me that it made me feel claustrophobic. Flashes already rang out and the professional cameramen also trained their heavy cameras in my direction.

"Uh-um..." I stuttered as the noise started to pick up around the hall. I turned my head in different directions as various people started to bombard me with requests and other things that I honestly didn't process as I started to get dizzy.

I took a few steps back and finally hit the wall beside the backstage entrance gate as the people began to crowd around me even more.

The staff in the entrance was bewildered at the chaos.

"Era!"

His voice pierced through the constant buzzing of the crowd.

The next second, a strong firm hand held my own before he started to guide me towards the backstage.

The noise of the crowd picked up at the scene as they recognized the person who pulled me in. I could hear the excited squeals and mutterings as I was led into the backstage, through the hall, and inside an empty room.

Next thing I knew, I was enveloped in a warm comforting embrace.

My shaken form, that I didn't know was trembling, started to calm down in his presence. A bevy of security fell over me. It made me comfortable enough that I unconsciously leaned on his arms and closed my eyes.

"Are you alright?" His arms were around my slight form, with a hand softly caressing the back of my head.

I nodded, still shaken, before glancing up at him.

Yuzuru's worried eyes gazed into my own as he protectively scanned my body.

"I'm fine. Thank you." I softly held his still sweaty cheek as I tried to convey my sincerity. Yuzuru's tense form gradually began to relax as I did so. "Are you ok? I saw that you were breathing pretty hard when your program ended. Did you take your inhaler with you?" It was my turn to be concerned.

Yuzuru had Asthma. Sometimes, he needed to use his inhaler whenever an attack came.

"Yeah, I did. I have Mom and you to worry about me, so I'm pretty set." He playfully pinched my cheek, which I shrugged off as I rolled my eyes.

"Congratulations by the way."

"Thanks. Don't I get a reward?"

"What do you want to eat? I'll cook for you."

"I do miss your cooking. You owe me four meals."

"Eehh? Four? Why?" I raised a brow at him.

"Every competition has two components, short program and free skate, right? I won two competitions back-to-back. So, all in all, it's four meals." He gave a thumbs up while grinning shamelessly.

"You'll make a good businessman, you know that?" I face-palmed and laughed at his bratty ways.

*****

December 5, 2009

The net was set ablaze as pictures and videos regarding the Backstage Incident poured out in different sources.

Yuzuru was well known in Japan. Likewise, I was also well known in the Philippines.

It was just simple math to put two and two together.

"Oh my god, they're shipping us!" I was horrified as I read the comments in the different articles and videos that circulated the net.

"Really? Let me see." Yuzuru had a huge grin on his face as he sidled up beside me on the couch.

"Aren't you horrified?" I shuddered as I handed over my iPad.

"Why would I?" His eyes crinkled in amusement as he scrolled down the comments.

"I don't know about you, but I don't want to be bashed. You're way too popular with girls." I shook my head in disbelief as I stood up from the couch. "You do know what Shipping means right?"

"What's up?" Mom was wiping her hands with a dish towel as she entered the living room with Yumi right behind her.

After the GPF, I decided to reward Yuzuru with a homemade meal. Mom was all up for it and even invited Yumi and Coach Nanami to our rented apartment. Unfortunately, Coach Nanami wasn't able to come because she had a prior engagement elsewhere. In a few days time, Yuzuru and his mom would return to Sendai along with Coach Nanami.

We just finished having dinner. Yuzuru and I offered to wash the dishes but the Moms shooed us out of the kitchen.

"Just some stuff in the internet." I flushed as soon as I saw Yumi.

It was one thing when it was between Yuzuru and I. It was another thing when it involved his mom. Even though I was generally comfortable with Yumi, I wasn't too comfortable sharing the news that I, an adult, was being shipped with her son, a minor.

Yuzuru laughed as he read a particular comment. He also got off the couch and stood beside me. My eyes widened as he showed me the absurd comment.

"Why?" I groaned in agony.

The comment was about my statement in the Croatia Junior Grand Prix a few years ago. The user relayed that they found an interview of Elana saying that Yuzuru was her idol. And sure enough, there was a link.

Yuzuru clicked it before I could stop him.

"Yuzu!" I protested, my face was flaming like mad.

"What's going on?" Yumi sidled up to Yuzuru and looked over his shoulder down at the iPad in his hands. I wanted to cover the screen but it was too late. I also didn't want to be rude.

Suddenly, my voice came from the iPad as the video played out.

"... my idol in figure skating is actually Yuzuru Hanyu. He's a junior figure skater in Japan."

"Eehh, you didn't tell me I was your idol." Yuzuru smirked. His face was way too close to my own blushing one. I nudged him away in embarrassment as I held my hot cheeks.

Yuzuru snickered and continued on reading other articles.

The site they were currently looking at was in Japanese so my mom didn't understand what's going on. I think she had a hint with my interview airing though.

I just closed my eyes and hugged my mom as the Hanyu duo burst out in laughter.

"People are pairing me with Yuzu," I mumbled in exasperation. I could feel the slight tremble in her shoulders as she tried to hold back her mirth.

"I don't know what to feel about this," Mom replied, before lightly pushing away to look at me with a very amused expression. "I like Yuzu, but you're also my daughter. Aren't parents supposed to not like the boyfriends?"

"Ew! No! There's no need to think about it. It's just too weird."

"What's weird?" Yumi butted in, making me feel a bit guilty. I was basically badmouthing her son in a roundabout way. Yumi's English was way better than Yuzuru. She wasn't that fluent and her accent was heavy, but she was able to converse with others if necessary.

"Um, I didn't mean it in a bad way," I stuttered. Judging from Yumi and Yuzuru's identical expressions they were clearly enjoying my overall awkwardness. "It's just too weird. I mean, he's like my brother," I finished with an exhausted smile.

"I don't want to be your brother."

"Well, get used to it. Now, call me nee-chan."

"No. Besides, you're too short for that."

The moms just silently stood by the side, watching our banter with conflicted yet amused expressions. Well, Yumi was utterly amused, no conflict was seen there.

"Why do I get the feeling that this would go on for years," Mom quietly whispered to Yumi.

"Oh, it will. Decades even." Yumi winked playfully, oddly reminiscent of her teenage son.

*****

December 6, 2009

I clapped along with the crowd as Yuzuru's step sequence rapidly evolved.

"Whooo! Yuzu! Yuzu!" I cupped my hands around my mouth as I cheered loudly.

He was performing such a fun program. It was Change by Monkey Majik.

Yuzuru was able to get me a Backstage ID for the Gala Exhibition. Originally, I wasn't able to purchase tickets for the Gala because the so-called Ticket Wars was plain insane.

The only reason that members of the Tokai Grand Prix SC got any tickets at all in this GPF was that skating clubs were prioritized. The members were given the chance to purchase one extra ticket for acquaintances, most of the time it was used for family members.

On the other hand, the Gala Exhibition was off limits.

Yuzuru also offered to get one for my mom, but she refused since she wanted to rest at home. She got a little tired from going into competitions two days in a row. Mom and Crowds simply didn't mix together. She's the type of person who got dizzy just from being mixed in with a lot of people. I was actually surprised that she was able to attend for two days straight.

Currently, I was standing at the rink side with the other skaters. I didn't know if I was bothering them with all my cheering, but at the moment I completely forgot my surroundings as I was held in raptures over Yuzuru's program.

Finally, Yuzuru's exhibition came to an end.

I cheered pretty loud as I wrung my hands to let off some excitement. Grinning widely, I saw Yuzuru making his way towards the rink side. I stepped back from the position at the ledge to go to him.

Then promptly stepped on someone's foot.

Startled, I quickly turned around.

"Oh no! I'm sorry!" I immediately apologized, bowing deeply.

"It's fine." The man held up his hand as he smiled kindly.

When I looked up, I immediately recognized the man.

It was Brian Orser.

Some coaches were pretty well known. But this man right here was probably the most famous coach in recent times.

Why?

Because he's Kim Yuna's coach.

The same Kim Yuna who's the dominating force in the ladies' division for a few years now. The same Kim Yuna who's the rival of the infamous Asada Mao. And the same Kim Yuna who impatiently waited at the side, ready to head on the ice.

In the figure skating world, who didn't know of the Yuna-Orser tandem?

"I'm sorry. I didn't look where I was going," I apologized again, greatly humbled by this man. Also, a little embarrassed by the stare I was getting from Yuna.

"It's alright. No harm done." He smiled once again and patted me on the shoulder. He nodded politely before heading off with his skater as Yuna's turn was coming up.

I watched their backs, rightfully awed by their presence.

Sure, I saw plenty of other famous skaters, but only from a distance. I never actually had the guts to approach them before.

I was still a little dazed when someone draped their arm around me and waved a hand in front of my face.

"What're you looking at?" I felt Yuzuru's sweat-soaked hair as he leaned the side of his face against mine. He did that because he wanted to see where my vision was directed.

"I'm not even going to complain that you're practically rubbing your sweat on me," I droned on expressionlessly before my lips tilted upwards against my own volition. "You're doing this on purpose," I stated, glancing at him sideways with narrowed eyes.

"I am?" He adopted that sweet innocent look that may have fooled other people, but certainly not me since I knew his personality really well.

"You're forgiven," I replied, handing over his towel and tumbler, "you did get me a backstage pass after all."

He just grinned as he wiped his face and gulped down his usual energy drink.

Just then, I noticed the crowd going wild for some inane reason. I looked up and saw the heavy cameras with their blinking red lights pointed in our direction. My head whirled around and saw plenty of people on the stand ledges recording us with their phones. My crimson cheeks were quite visible even through the darkened environment in the rinkside.

My whole body froze as I saw the various monitors around the stadium displaying our faces. I was so stunned that I even forgot to breathe for a few seconds.

I shook myself out of it and scurried towards the privacy of the backstage. Yuzuru's laughter could be heard as he followed closely behind.

My cheeks were burning as I stalked off through the corridors with my arms crossed in front of me. We passed by other skaters as we went through the halls. Some of them greeted us, well, mostly Yuzuru, in a friendly manner.

"It's not funny." I bit my lip. We were currently sitting around the benches in the resting area. A few other people were inside the room. It's basically where the skaters hang out while waiting for their performance to come up.

"You get flustered so easily."

"I'm not used to the attention."

At Yuzuru's raised brow, I further explained myself.

"I mean, yeah. I'm ok with attention on the rink, or even at other public events." I turned my body to face him with my leg on the bench and the other dangling off. "But, when I'm off the cam... I dunno. I guess I just want to enjoy myself without the constant attention." I shrugged lamely.

"Besides." I laid my arm on the back of the bench and leaned my head on it. "I'm not comfortable with people pairing us together."

"Why? I like you."

"Dude, I like you too, but other people may misunderstand our definition of Like."

Yuzuru's brows furrowed a little and opened his mouth to say something. I never found what it was though as we were interrupted.

"Ah, Yuzu!" A curly haired man suddenly passed by our side of the bench.

It was Takahashi Daisuke.

Shoma's one and only idol. Takahashi Daisuke.

"Daisuke-san." Yuzuru immediately stood up and bowed. I followed suit as well.

"You were awesome out there." Daisuke good-naturedly high fived Yuzuru. He's a pretty chill guy. I bet Shoma would have fun if he was here.

"Thank you." Yuzuru bowed again, smiling.

"Evan's turn is gonna come up soon." Just then, Daisuke waved at a good-looking man. The man, seeing Daisuke's wave, soon approached us. "Evan... Uh, this Yuzuru. He won Junior. Gold," Daisuke stumbled through his English, before laughing boisterously.

I couldn't help the giggle that came out of me. I like this guy.

Daisuke smiled at me, he was mightily curious at my identity. He actually already noticed my presence awhile ago. Yuzuru was a friendly guy but he's not the type to get too close to other girls. There was always that invisible barrier between them.

If there was one thing Yuzuru was known for, it was him being a gentleman.

Even in ice shows when Yuzuru had to be partners with other female skaters, Daisuke noticed that Yuzuru always had that respectful stance.

As a matter of fact, it became a running joke among the guys at one point because Yuzuru kept on awkwardly hovering his hand over the female's waist. He didn't touch the female's waist out of respect, even if Yuzuru was good friends with that female skater. If he needed to do so, then he quickly let go as soon as the move was done. As if he was burnt.

Yuzuru's gentlemanly antics interestingly became the source of that barrier between him and the female skaters. But then this girl came along and became the lone contradiction in his image of Yuzuru's Gentleman persona.

He watched as Yuzuru showered this girl with constant attention and wasn't averse to light touches at all.

"Hi." Yuzuru bowed at the man.

The handsome man was Evan Lysacek.

"Hello, pleased to meet you," Evan's deep voice sounded out. His eyes darted in my direction. I looked at the ground as I was overcome with shyness. Who wouldn't be when a gorgeous guy was looking at you point blank?

Yuzuru noticed his gaze.

"Daisuke-san, Evan. This is Erana," Yuzuru held my hand as he introduced me.

"Hello. I'm Elana." I shyly fidgeted under the attention of these two men whilst offering a polite smile.

"Eehh, Yuzu. This your girlfriend?" Daisuke teased in Japanese quietly, nudging Yuzuru's side. He didn't know I understood Japanese.

"Well, I am a Girl. And also a Friend. You can take it either way, just not together," I joked at him, also in Japanese.

Daisuke was flabbergasted, then promptly laughed.

"Sorry," Daisuke apologized while bowing.

I giggled again. He's seriously fun to be around with.

Then I noticed Evan's gaze was still on me. Shocked, I averted my eyes before flicking up to him again. He really was staring at me.

"I know this might sound weird, but... do I know you from somewhere? Sorry, if I'm being rude. You look familiar." Evan gave a grin as he directed his question on me. His narrowed his eyes critically as he racked his brain.

I was a bit perplexed at the question.

"I don't know." I grinned at him as I tilted my head. "I'm also a figure skater if that's anything."

"Oh! Nebelhorn." Evan clapped once in remembrance. "Yes, I watched the recording. Congratulations on your win."

"Yes, thank you. Congratulations also."

"Oh? Nebelhorn? You're also going to the Olympics?" Daisuke grinned, before shaking my hand enthusiastically. "Congrats! What country are you in again?"

"Yes, thank you very much. And Philippines," I replied, bowing. I spoke in English on the Philippines part as I glanced at Evan. He nodded in understanding.

"She's an excellent skater. Era's actually training in Nagoya," Yuzuru added, squeezing my hand a little as he smiled proudly in my behalf. Although, I noticed that his expression was a bit strained.

"Oh! Nagoya?" Daisuke was surprised again.

"Excuse me. Mr. Lysacek, you're up next. Please head to the rink side," one of the staff called out from the door. "Everyone, please prepare. The closing ceremony will start as soon as Mr. Lysacek's program is finished."

"Well, that's me. Again, it's very nice to meet you. I'll see you at the Olympics, Elana." Evan smiled and his gaze lingered on me. He waved at us before heading out the door.

"We better go. I'll talk to you guys later." Daisuke grinned while taking off his jacket. The other skaters also started to head out of the room.

I bowed at them again whilst smiling. Then I noticed a certain someone still stood by my side, not moving an inch.

"Why are you still here? Go with them." I took off the towel draped over his shoulder, folded it nicely, then placed it on the bench.

Yuzuru just narrowed his eyes at me.

"What's with you and Lysacek?" he grumbled.

"Huh? What are you talking about."

"He kept on looking at you."

"It would be pretty hard not to look at someone when you're talking to them," I tried to joke around as I said it with a slight smile. Yuzuru stayed silent. I tilted my head as I wondered what had gotten into him. He just narrowed his eyes again before he suddenly pushed my cheeks together.

"I don't like it," he replied bluntly.

Mumbling in protest, I pried his hands off me. I just started to berate him when I saw his seriously upset expression. I opened my mouth, but only a sigh of exasperation came out.

"Seriously." I gently smoothed out the creased between his brows with my thumb. His strained expression eased a little. "I feel like I'm handling a child sometimes when I'm with you."

"I'm no child." He frowned again.

"Yes, yes, you're a teenage adult," I jokingly consoled as I held his face in my hands while my thumbs gently massaged his temples.

He closed his eyes as he gradually relaxed. After a few moments, he grasped both my hands that were still on the sides of his face and brought them down as he once again stared at me. His serious expression, although not upset anymore, still managed to catch my full attention.

"I'm not a child."

Yuzuru leaned down and kissed my forehead.

His lips lingered a little before letting go.

I was still frozen in place when the door closed behind him.

.

.

..........M.E.R.I.D.I.A.N......L.I.G.H.T.S..........

.

.

(I want to share this video with you guys. It's Hope and Legacy with vocals! It gave me goosebumps! So beautiful!~)

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av13770488/

(I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Please don't forget to leave a vote and/or a comment. Thank you for staying with me thus far.)

٩(◕‿◕)۶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.4K 1.6K 16
Lilis meets Yuzuru Hanyu at The Worlds 2019. She doesn't know anything about figure skating, but she's confused as to why he didn't win, so she asks...
43.8K 1.4K 33
Isabella thought she was content with her mediocre life, living how she was expected to live. An uploaded video of her figure skating turns her mu...
30.1K 1.1K 43
Overcoming challenges defined them, and defined their relationship. As soon as he saw her on the ice he knew she was special but quickly disappeared...