Living In The Greatest City I...

By philocalic

(COMPLETED) What happens when the entire Hamilton group is in the 21st century - and are in college? Stuck... More

Chapter 1: The Introductions Of A Potentially Hazardous Group
Chapter 2: The Envious Confessions of a Slightly Drunk Couple
Chapter 3: Maria Reynolds Protection Squad
Chapter 4: The Kid - I Mean, Turtle, Angel Schuyler-Laurens
Chapter 5: Girl Problems, Boy Problems, Wait, Ice Cream!
Chapter 6: Lessons about French and Smoking Sunflowers
Chapter 7: I Hate You, I Like You, No, It's Awkward Again
Chapter 8: TurtleBoi Passes Out
Chapter 9: Dates, Double Dates, Triple Dates, I Don't Know The Word...
Chapter 10: Close Your Mouth, I know I'm Beautiful
Chapter 11: That American Fizzy Magic
Chapter 12: The Angelic Angel Angelica
Chapter 13: Daddy Told Me Not To Have Relationships...?
Chapter 14: Petite Poisson, nagent/Small Fish, swim
Chapter 15: Take A Break (Or I'll Make You)
Chapter 16: Everyone Ships It
Chapter 18: Schuyler, Schuyler, Schu - well - Hamilton, Wait, Schuyler?
Chapter 19: Wait!
Chapter 20: This Is What We Call "A Bad Nurse"
Chapter 21: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Chapter 22: Will You Throw Away Your Shot?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: Helplessly Helpless
Chapter 25: Thank You and A Small DEH Question!
Chapter 26: No One Deserves To Disappear
Chapter 27: What Happened In The Room
Chapter 28: Say No, Alex
Chapter 29: Congratulations, Hope You're Satisfied
Chapter 30: That's How You Know You Messed Up
Chapter 31: Him
Chapter 32: Let It Go
Chapter 33: The Fashion Major Strikes Again
Chapter 34: Just Fix It!
Chapter 35: I Mean, They Pop Out Randomly, Like Toasters
Chapter 36: How To Ditch A Wedding 101
Chapter 37: Now, This Is A Wedding
Chapter 38: Wait... What?
Chapter 39: Nobody Needs To Know
Chapter 40: Lady Issues
Chapter 41: The Baby Project Starts
Chapter 42: Beware Of The Fatal Pillows
Chapter 43: Schuyler โ†’ Hamilton, Peggy โ†’ ... Who?
Chapter 44: Your Hotness, Eliza: Making Things Worse Since 1757!
Chapter 45: This A-fork-able Group
Chapter 46: Love In The Air In The Greatest City In The World
Epilogue: The Crazy Kids Of New York
Epilgoue 2: The Private And Intimate Life Of The House
Epilogue 3: Here and Queer
Epilogue 4: The Mess I Call My Family
Other Stories!

Chapter 17: Kitchen Duty - Doody

850 26 75
By philocalic

TW:Slight sexism and homophobia from John's dad but I mean he's a jerk anyway so don't listen to him, as Lin said "Love is love is love is love is love is love is love" and Lin is smarter than Henry so *Insert blowing a raspberry at Henry's face*

Angelica's POV

"John! John!" A girl bolted up the steps. "John I'm ho - " Audrey stopped short after he saw another girl in John's room.

Angelica froze when she saw the girl. She looked so much like him.

"Uh, I can come back or something," Audrey slowly backed away.

"What? No, we're not together," Angie quickly said, still a bright pink color.

"Audrey?" John stirred.

"JACKY!" Audrey pulled John out of bed to give him a hug.

"Audy!" John held his youngest sister tightly.

"It's been so long!" Audrey finally released John from her death grip. "Who's the pretty girl?" his sister smirked.

"Audrey, meet Angelica. Angelica, this is my other sister, Audrey," Angie shook her hand warmly.

"Let's go downstairs!" Audrey was about to sprint downstairs when a shadowy figure blocked the doorway.

"I'm sorry, we tried to stop him but..." Aurora's voice faltered when she noticed that Angelica was also in the room.

"John," the man said, ignoring his older daughter's words. The scent of liquor was heavy in the air. "How you been?"

"Like you'd care," John muttered.

"What?" his father slightly slurred his words. "You will not talk to me like that in my house!"

"Yeah, well it isn't your house anymore!" John stood straight.

"Well, I won't give it to some 'bisexual' queer!" Angie cringed at the words.

"So it's better to put it into a drunk's hands?" John scoffed.

"Better that than someone who has a mental disease!" John looked a bit more heartbroken with every word but he kept strong for his siblings. This was when Angelica intervened.

"Being bisexual is not a disease!" Angie's voice rang out in the room. Henry's head turned to Angelica.

"Who's she? A woman should know her place! Don't tell me you married her, she's worse than the Washington boy," Angelica was infuriated.

"All people have a right to speak! Even women!" She gestured to Audrey. "Even children!"

"I'll teach you your rights!" Henry was about to raise a hand to Angelica's face when all of the Inferno broke loose.

John's POV

John couldn't see straight. All he saw was his father about to hurt Angelica before he attacked him. He couldn't see anything but anger. He kept punching till his knuckles were sore, then some more.

"John! JOHN!" Angelica tried to tear him away but John didn't stop until his father was out cold.

"Oh my god," Audrey had a hand to her mouth and Aurora had already called an ambulance. The twins seemed to support John on his fight. Then he saw Angie. There was another emotion on her face. Fear. Pure fear. Like the kind his father used to invoke in them. John released his father and ran away from the entire scene, running all the way to the back of the house and beyond the fence.

"John! Where'd you go? It's cold out here!" He heard a voice he didn't want to hear so he ran faster.

"Gosh darn it John, I can't outrun a football player!" John ran until his lungs gave out from all the stress and the fight and he found himself on the grass gasping for air.

"John! Oh my god, John are you okay?" Angie placed a hand on his shoulder but John pushed it away.

"Get away from me! Who knows who I'll punch next?" John was still reaching for air.

"I know that's not true," Angelica bent down to John's position. Tears were threatening to fall from his face.

"I saw your face Angelica. You were scared. Of me." John laughed bitterly. "I am just like him,"

"That's not true either."

"How do you know?!" John was full out screaming now. "Can you guarantee I won't turn out like him?!"

"Yes," Angelica said surely.

"How?! You don't know me! You didn't know who I really was until today!"

"Oh yeah? Who was the boy who named a turtle after me? Where's the boy who took me to his dorm after I saw what I saw? Where's the boy who tried to kiss me and still remained my friend after everything?"

"He's not here," John whispered.

"I think he is," Angie enveloped John into a hug as he broke down and started sobbing into her shoulder.

I know he is.

oOo

"Dad! Mom!" Alex ran over to George and Martha Washington, while Eliza just stood there.

"Alex!" Both of the parents chorused, then turned quizzically to Eliza.

"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Washington, I'm Eliza Schuyler, Alex's - "
"My girlfriend!" Alex grabbed her hand proudly.

Martha Washington grabbed Eliza and hugged her, smiling the whole time. "My baby finally has a girlfriend!"
George Washington grasped her hand, grinning at her. "Keep him from falling apart, eh?"

Eliza laughed, "I'll do my best."

Alex squeezed her hand, then started to drag her to the kitchen table.
"Ready for Martha's famous Mac And Cheese?"

"We cleaned the guest room this morning," George said. "But we thought it would be John coming."

"John wanted to see his siblings first," Martha nodded in understanding.

"How has Henry been, by the way?" Alex asked.

"The same, as Aurora tells it," George looked almost over-worked. "We tried to keep at least Audrey for as long as we could, but Henry took her, too,"

"But enough about that!" Martha looked giddy again. "You're home! Our son's home!"

But how will John react to that?

oOo

"We'll try and visit on Christmas, but right now John and Angie are celebrating, with his siblings," Alex called, shutting the door behind him.

"You're parents are such wonderful people!" Eliza gushed.

"Yeah, they even took in an immigrant orphan, dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot in the Caribbean," Alex smiled fondly.

When they reached John's house, they stopped, hearing a lot of screaming coming from inside.

"Wow, I wonder what's going on in there," Eliza said, reaching for the doorbell.

"Hey, I have keys," Alex said, brandishing shiny keys in the air.

"You guys were close." Eliza turned away from him, trying not to appear too affected.

Alex didn't seem to hear as he opened the door in on to absolute chaos.

John, Angie, and John's siblings were all having a pillow fight.

Angie squealed as John hit her with his pillow, then retaliated by slamming it back.

"This is a warzone. Proceed carefully," Eliza muttered to him.

Alex laughed. "ALEX IS IN DA HOUSE!"
Slowly, everyone turned to stare at him.

"ALEX!" Jake and James bounded to him, and stared at him for a long second.

"Don't see what John sees in him," James muttered to Jake.

"Hit him on the count of three," Jake murmured back, then held his hands up.

"Hey, Jake, James, wha - " Alex oomphed as two pillows hit him.

"Wicked!" Both the boys exchanged high fives.

"That's it!" Alex grabbed a pillow then chased the boys.

Eliza stepped into the house, then bent down to undo her shoes.

"LIZA!" Angie hugged her, smiling widely.

"Angie!" Eliza grinned at her disheveled appearance; her hair had a few feathers stuck in it.

John noticed them, and put his hands up. "STOOOOP!"

Everyone came to a screeching halt, then stood absolutely still as John checked everyone to see if they were moving.

Angelica opened her mouth to ask what was going on, as Eliza cocked her head to the side.

"Angie, Eliza! Kitchen duty!" John called, then sprinted to the couch, where a fake, but pretty Christmas tree was overflowing with presents.

"Doody," Jake whispered to James. 

Angie and Eliza groaned, grabbing the dishes that were set up.

"Who cooked this?" Eliza asked, carrying the dish to the table.

"Me!" John beamed proudly.

"After a whole lot of failed attempts," Angelica muttered, pointing to an overflowing garbage.

Eliza wrinkled her nose, and went to sit next to Alex.

Hope you enjoyed!

- Angelica and Eliza (were both at his side when he died) OK, I'M SORRY, BYE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 235 18
Kari is a compassionate girl on the geeky side with budding culinary talents. After her family had to move halfway across the country, Kari is unable...
1.1M 46.3K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
27.8K 941 19
โ•ฐโ‹ฏโžค"PสŸแด€ส แดแด‡ แด›ษชสŸสŸ แด›สœแด‡ sแดœษด ส€ษชsแด‡s, แด˜สŸแด€ส แดแด‡ สŸษชแด‹แด‡ แด€ แด ษชแดสŸษชษด~" Iris Miame was tortured, in the most horrible way imaginable. Her life was haunted with fear...
615K 13.9K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.