Rejected for being a nerd

By superrrgirI

~~~~ nəːd/ noun a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious. Rude, right... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 4

52K 1.2K 470
By superrrgirI

*semi-edited*

Jessica's POV

I woke up to a pounding headache making a groan fall from my lips. It felt like I had a hangover. I lift my fingers and place it against my eyes to stop the bright light from reaching my eyes. Since when was my room so bright?

I hear slight shuffling in my room and remove my hand from my eyes and glance around my room. A look around the room had me realising that I wasn't in my room. The room I was in was plain and looked exactly like the room Jay was in earlier this week and I know straight away that I was at the hospital. I hear constant beeping of  something and look to see a heart monitor. I instantly start to panic causing the beeping to speed up. Why am I here?

"Calm down." A husky voice says. I look up to see a disheveled Andrew hovering above me. He looked dirty but still managed to look amazingly hot. Fuck this mate bond.

His eyes are droopy and I could tell he was tired. Good, he deserves it. I sit up and stretch cracking my bones when I felt a light prick of pain on my back. I hiss and lie back down. That hurt like a bitch.

"Why are you here? Where is everyone else?" I ask staring up at the ceiling, not even bothering to look at him. His presence was already affecting me enough.

"My wolf wouldn't let me rest until you woke up and he didn't want anyone staying with you." Andrew grumbles like he's embarrassed and I scoff. That hurt a bit knowing he was only here because of his wolf.

"Oh. Well you can leave now. Actually before you go, I need to fucking get rid of this thing between us. I, Jessica Monroe, reject Andrew Patterson as my mate cutting off all links." I finally feel the bond disappear between us leaving a hollow feeling. By now, my wolf was crying in pain which I felt bad about but it was better than being a mate to this ass. I turn my back to him and shut my eyes basking in the feeling of emptiness. I expect to hear the door shut but I'm only met with silence.

"Are you deaf or something? Go. Shoo!" His presence made me feel disturbed, annoyed even.

"I'm not a bird." I snort at that.

"Well fine, you're a mole rat that won't go away."

"What's that?" How? Just how does he not know?

"A beautiful animal, don't worry."

"You were asleep for a week." I gasp in shock. Why am I not hungry?

"We made sure to give you some drugs to let you sleep for a while so your wounds would heal." He growls, I'm guessing at the thought of my wounds. I even forgot about that and everything that had happened. I guess that's what happens when you're in a room with an annoying ass.

"How's Jay?"

"Pissed and upset. We made up but I can tell he's still annoyed with me." I sigh in relief. It wouldn't be good for the pack if the future Alpha and Beta weren't on good terms.

"When's graduation?" I was already excited to be able to leave and go to London. To be connected with my past has always interested me. Just a glimpse may be interesting.

"Next week Friday." I felt the butterflies going crazy in my stomach right now. Nervous, I was so nervous.

"Hold on! What day is it?" I was hoping it was Monday so I didn't miss results day, the anticipation I was feeling for it a while ago would've made it so worth all the time spent reading and studying.

"Tuesday." Crap. I've missed it.

(A/N Guys I have no idea how university works so I'm just guessing so if its incorrect sorry!)

"Beth got your results though. It's at your house." I shot up and ripped the IV's from my arms. I hissed. When people did it in books and films they made it look and sound so easy. This bloody hurt! I get up and try to run out the room. Keyword try. An arm shot out stopping me before I'd even made it a few steps. I yelp and stop in my tracks.

"Where'd you think you're going dressed like that?" I scan my outfit to see myself in a short hospital gown. I'm pretty sure hospital gowns were longer than this. I inspect it to see an unequal trim and I know that it was done with scissors. It must've been Beth since she knew Andrew would be here. Why does she keep thinking we're ever going to get back together? I look up to see his eyes darkening. I resist the urge to roll my eyes. So now he wants me?

"Are there any clothes for me?" I ask batting my eyelashes at him. He nods hastily. How desperate. He grabs a stack of clothes and passes it to me. I smile flirtatiously and take it. Let me show him what he's missing. Feeling bold, I decide to change in front of him. By now, he's sitting on a chair, his dark eyes watching me intensely. However, there wasn't a pull like there was before.

Time to get sexy.

I place the clothes on the edge of the bed making sure to bend down to let Andrew see my ass peaking out. I hear a small groan and smile to myself. I grab the top of the gown and slowly pull it up my body. I feel Andrew's stare on my back. I turn slightly to face him and continue. I pull the top of the gown more letting him see my panties. He growls out. I laugh to myself.

I lift the whole gown off and turn to face him. He had his elbows on his knees with his head in his hands. He leant forward in his chair watching my show. I pick up the top and "accidentally" drop it on the floor. I bend down slowly letting Andrew get a glance of my cleavage. I can hear his breathing pick up. I turn to him and see his eyes fluctuating from black to brown and I knew his wolf was trying to take control.

That was enough teasing for today. I hurriedly change without teasing, my cheeks hot as I just realised what I had done. I regretted it so much.

When I'm done I nod at Andrew who was still trying to calm down. I look down to his crotch to see a bulge in his pants. A grin breaks through my face and I mentally high five myself.

"Right... am I allowed to go now?" I ask Andrew and he nods in reply.

"Cool, see ya." I say and walk in front of him leaving him behind. I hear his footsteps after me as I walk down countless halls to get out. We walk in silence and it was the most awkward silence I'd ever encountered. Why he was walking with me, I didn't know at all.

I cough nervously and open my mouth to say something when he cuts me off by holding his hand up in the air.

"Don't. I'm only dropping you off then leaving." He says curtly. I frown. Rude much.

"Why? Am I not worthy of talking to you? Are you so high and mighty that I can't talk to you? Bullshit! Am I not on your level? Don't know who you think you are but you're not all that. Actually, I'm glad you rejected me so I wouldn't have to be with such a dickhead like you. And now I can leave without having a mate to worry about." I walk ahead of him my face burning with embarrassment, he just loves to embarrass me. I get quite far before arms circle around my waist and brought to a muscular chest.

"Let go. I'm capable of going home alone." I try kicking him but he won't budge. He spins me around and I'm level with his neck. I'm quite tall standing at 5'7.

"Look at me." I shake my head.

"Look at me!" He growls and fulls my face up so I close my eyes.

"Fucking look at me!" He tries forcing my eyes open but I keep them fully shut.

"Why are you so damn stubborn!?" I snap my eyes open and glare at him.

"Why are you such a control freak? When something doesn't go your way, you start throwing a huge fit. Well, you won't get anywhere in life with that sort of attitude." He glares at me and I glare straight back. We do this for about 2 minutes. I'm determined not to be the first to break.

"Fine. There's a celebration tonight. Be ready at 7pm. Wear white." He huffs, not being able to compete with me. I was the Queen of stubbornness.

"What celebration?" I ask curiously, was something happening that I didn't know about.

"My dad is passing on the Alpha duty to me." He says proudly.

"I thought you had to have your Luna with you."

"That's true. I'm going to introduce my mate tonight." My wolf purrs and yelps excitedly.

"Okay..." I breathe out. He's already walking away from me. Hope sparked within me and I just couldn't believe that he is going to introduce me as his mate tonight. He rejected me, I know but maybe we can fix it...

I run home quickly and bang on the door with my fists. The door opens and I notice Beth standing there. When she sees me, a grin appears on her face and she jumps straight at me.

"JESS!!!! DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!" She tackles me and hugs me. I squeeze her and cry into her shoulder. The front door is closed and Matt stands there smiling. I get off Beth and hug Matt. I let him go and look at them both.

"I missed you guys!" I grin, well technically I didn't as I was sleeping but no need for technicalities.

"Same! I got your results. We're gonna open them together." Beth walks up to a table, picking up white envelopes.

"You didn't have to wait!" I appreciated her waiting for me.

"We did." She smiles.

"We?"

"She forced me to wait too." Matt rolls his eyes. Oh what love does to people. Beth passes me an envelope and does the same to Matt.

"One." I start.

"Two." Matt trails off.

"Three." I tear off the paper and pull the paper out. I scan the paper to see that I got a First Class. My course was IT engineering. I could feel my cheeks start to move as a smile overtook my face. My hands shook as I held the paper. All my hard work paid off. Being a nerd paid off.

(A/N I have no idea how the American university grades are as they're confusing so I'm just putting the UK grades and the point is that Jessica did like very very well. If anyone could explain it, it would mean so much)

I look over to Matt and Beth asking "What did you guys get?". Beth got an Upper Second Class and Matt got the same as her. We all jump up and dance around my living room like kids at a party. We do all sorts of dances and stuff. If anyone walked in right now, I'd die in embarrassment. I finally get tired and flop onto my couch, the smile still lingering on my face.

"I'm so happy!" Beth mutters as she joins me, letting her head fall on my shoulder. I nod and giggle to myself.

We sit in a comfortable silence as I just think over everything that's happening and I suddenly get a thought.

"Wait! The celebration! We need to get ready!" I spring off the couch followed by Beth who looks equally excited.

"Our dresses are on your bed!" Beth says and starts pulling my hand.

"Hey! You're forgetting me!" I hear Matt whine.

"I might have a mini skirt that fits you, come up." I retort and watch the horrified look pass on his face.

"Um, no thanks I'll just go home..." Matt looks like he's about to vomit as he stumbles out the front door. I snort and Beth just shakes her head at me.

We walk to my room and I push it open to see two white dresses lying on the bed. Immediately, one catches my eye and I drop Beth's hand and walk towards it. I pull it up and size it up to myself walking to my floor length mirror and nod to myself.

"I call dibs." I tell Beth, imagining how this dress would look on me. She rolls her eyes at my behaviour and scoffs.

"It wasn't for me dumbass. That's mine." She picks up the other and begins chaging in front of me. I strip my clothes and carefully pull the dress up my legs. It wasn't weird at all changing in front of her, being a werewolf, you end up seeing half of the pack naked at some point due to shifting. I look into the mirror and nod at myself in approval.

The dress is actually pretty darn amazing. It's a mini dress that was obviously short, it grazes my mid thigh and I tug on it a bit, not really comfortable with how high it was. It hugged my figure tightly and now I got why I avoided body-con dresses but it was cute though. Whether it was appropriate for a celebration, I had no idea. The dress hugs my hips and I bite my lip cringing a bit at my figure. I used to think I was fat, well not fat but overweight. I had a fat ass and wide hips but then of course with that, you get the fat belly, big thighs, and just... flabs. That body made me embarrassed but I was so glad when I grew up I finally lost some of it. When I was younger, being skinny was fashionable but now everyone loved a bit of fat. Look at how the times have changes. 

After admiring my dress in the mirror, I turn to Beth and notice her stood in her own dress. Her dress was way less... provocative than my own but of course I wouldn't say anything.

"That dress was made for you! Now it's hair time." She claps her hands and she pushes me towards my mirror, brings out my chair and shoves me in it.

~~~

"Fuck! Not so hard!" I snap at Beth who was brushing through my thick hair with the amount of force you'd use when scrubbing the floor.

"Well if you... would brush your hair properly, we wouldn't have this problem."Beth grunts while running the brush through my knot free hair. My scalp was pounding and I wanted to just scream when I saw the amount of hair I'd lost. Oh my beautiful hair...

"Shut up and just finish what you're doing." I roll my eyes and allow her to pull and do whatever she wants to my hair. After about five minutes of feeling her try to pull my strands out, she finally squeals and claps.

"Call me Beth the fucking bomb." I look in the mirror and my eyebrows lift in surprise. I actually looked good for once. My hair is slicked up in an elegant bun. Crazy, I'd never have used gel. Beth gave me my hazel contacts and she put nude lipstick on me. Hazel contact when my eyes are blue, I just liked to experiment with eye colours, it's cool. My eyelashes are more prominent as she put on mascara. She brushed my eyebrows and filled them in. All in all, I looked good.

Beth only put mascara on and curled her shoulder length hair. She said "I don't want to attract attention, I already have a hunk waiting for me at home." Cringe, I know. I nearly vomited when she said it.

 She had on heels whereas I had on white flats. She tried to get me to wear heels but I refused. Not in this dimension would I ever wear heels, willingly.

"Let's go." 

~~~

"Nervous?" Beth asks, looking at me sideways as she drives her car, I shrug. I had no idea what I was thinking, I didn't know if I was nervous or scared or what really. 

"Don't be. We're here for you." Like that really helps. But I appreciated it.

"Thanks."

We arrive at the pack house and we notice Matt is waiting outside and we get out and greet him. His eyes immediately go to Beth and I watch as he gazes at her lovingly and they lean forward engaging in a kiss. 

Must be fucking nice, huh.

I know it's bad but, holy fuck. I'm jealous. I turn away and blink away the tears.

"Let's go or we'll be late." I say to them, emotions were stirring in me that I didn't want to feel right now. They nod and we all walk into the forest coming to the field full of people. I scan the crowd to see if I could see Andrew. I couldn't help it. I didn't know what to ecpect and I wanted to be ready to see if he would pick me. I mean why would he directly tell me if he wasn't. However, I'm disappointed to see he's not there. We mingle in the crowd for a few minutes till we hear the sound of a mic. We all silence.

"So we're gathered here today to see me pass my Alpha duties onto my son. I'm absolutely elated to see that my son now has his mate and will settle down. I'm hoping my son will be as good of a Alpha that I was and maybe better. Come up here Andrew." Alpha Roger announces.

Andrew walks up to the podium and people applaud him. Watching him, I couldn't feel any of those emotions I used to feel. The rejection was realer than Jason Derulo's teeth.

"Thanks dad. I'm happy to have met my mate and to become Alpha. I will try my best to be as good as my dad and I won't let you guys down." Andrew gives a small clipped smile. People applaud. Why are they clapping? What was clap worthy? The fact that he was a little dickhead? Oh, please, clap away.

"Well introduce us to your mate then." Alpha Roger says and gives me a sneaky wink. I smile back and twiddle my thumbs.

Andrew meets my gaze and frowns before looking away. What's wrong?

"Natasha come up here." Andrew says. Gasps fill the air. People who knew I was his mate were shocked. Natasha walks up smiling. My heart breaks. I start to shake my head. Why would he do this? The bigger question was, why did I think he would announce me as his mate when he rejected me before. This was worse than being rejected. The embarrassment was worse than anything else. Countless eyes on me, watching my reaction. I prayed I could keep a straight face and not let my tears run free. I was just this close to breaking, completely. 

"Andrew what is the meaning of this?" Alpha Roger's face was bright red with anger. At least someone was on my side here.

"I've chosen Natasha to be my mate. If you don't accept then I won't become Alpha." Andrew shrugs. What a bastard. I can't believe him. The actual audacity to say this. I turn my head and try to walk away, just wanting to be in the comfort of my bed. Beth's arm stops me.

"It's disrespectful to leave during the ceremony. I'm sorry." I know what she said was true but I still wanted to leave.

"Let's continue then." Alpha Roger says reluctantly. I turn back around and see many eyes on me. What you looking at bitches, you want a piece of me? I wish I had the confidence to say this but all I could do was ignore the looks.

Alpha Roger gives me a sympathetic smile. I ignore it and look away, he didn't do a good job of controlling his son.

Andrew holds out his palm and so does Natasha. Alpha Roger brings out a dagger and slices Andrew's and Natasha's palm. Andrew doesn't flinch but Natasha does.

"Do you, Andrew Patterson, take the responsibility of being Alpha and remember to always put your pack first?" Alpha Roger asks.

"I do."

"Do you, Natasha Green, take the responsibility of being Luna and remember to always put your pack first?"

"I do." She smiles at the rest of us. Alpha Roger says a few words in Latin and then I feel a burn run through my body. The role of the Luna. My job, was being passed on to another.  

A scream erupts from Natasha and she falls to the floor in pain. Andrew goes to her side, comforting her. The burn increases and I let out a loud whimper. Why was I in pain? I didn't know much about rejecting mates. Heads turn to me and some turn to Natasha. Some are confused while some are sympathetic. The burn is so bad, it felt like I was under the hottest water and I couldn't move. I weakly look back to see Andrew looking at me worriedly. Bitch, this is your fault, don't look worried. I wish I could flip him off, but, the pain was overbearing.

Natasha's screams fill the air and people begin murmuring. They were concerned as this never happened. The first time an Alpha rejects his mate and mates with a lower pack member. Crazy.

The burn feeling starts to dull and I feel a lot better. I feel tears streaming down my face. When the hell did I start crying? Embarrassing.

I have to leave. I push through the crowd, not caring who I'm pushing and sprint home. I could feel my dress start to rise up, probably flashing anyone would who be behind me but I didn't have it in me to care.  By the time I reach my house, I'm panting and I could feel sweat on my face and running along my body. I felt so fucking icky and disgusting. I open the door with my keys and shut it after me. Dragging myself up the stairs and into my room, I sigh. What a life. 

~~~~~~~~
Kind of a boring chapter but eh.
Please vote. Comment. Follow.
Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 1.6K 10
My mate. So weak. So pathetic. I have a weak and pathetic mate. I thought as I looked at her in disgust and displeasure. Just like me when I was huma...
387K 5K 7
READ BOOK ONE : "MY MATE.....IS A NERD?" FIRST Book 3 in "My Mate...." series Princeton SaintClair, eldest son of Lucas and Caleb SaintClair is your...
41.2K 1.6K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...
366K 5.2K 27
cliche rejection story read at your own risk